AMC is an American television channel owned by the AMC Network. It broadcasts a combination of films and a few original TV shows as well. If you’re a fan of AMC, you can stream AMC on Kodi using several different add-ons.
If you are a Kodi user or even if you have never heard of Kodi, and you want to live stream AMC, then this tutorial is for you.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is a free open source media player application which was developed by the XBMC Foundation. It is available for a wide range of devices such as Windows and Mac computers, Android devices, jailbroken iOS devices, Raspberry Pis and many more. You can conveniently control Kodi with a remote control or gamepad to stream both audio and video from a variety of sources.
See also: Our guide to Kodi Movies.
Use a VPN with Kodi
VPNs encrypt your internet traffic and reroute it through a server in a location of your choice, hiding your location and identity. Your internet service provider may not sanction streaming channels such as AMC through some Kodi add-ons. Bearing this in mind, they may then try to throttle your connection when you use a service such as Kodi or try to disable your access to such a service altogether or send threatening legal letters.
To avoid this, connecting to a VPN is recommended when using Kodi. Note that VPNs also allow you to access geo-restricted content and protect your online privacy.
Streaming requires a large amount of bandwidth. Live streams, in particular, don’t compress video as much and thus require more download bandwidth. A reliable, fast, and secure VPN provider is essential. We recommend IPVanish, which is a popular choice in the Kodi community and provides the necessary sturdy connection, plentiful capacity, and a high level of privacy protection.
We can confirm that IPVanish works with all Kodi Addons we’ve tested. If you want to to try an alternate provider, check out our full list of recommended Kodi VPN services.
Deal alert: Our readers can save 57% on an annual IPVanish plan here.
Comparitech does not condone or encourage any violation of copyright restrictions, including illegal streaming through Kodi. Kodi can be used for many excellent, legal online streaming purposes. Please consider the law, victims, and risks of piracy before downloading or streaming copyrighted material without permission.
Kodi v17.3 “Krypton” is the latest stable version of Kodi available for download
How to live stream AMC on Kodi
If you are an American expat or part of the American military abroad, a wide range of live American channels are available to watch on your computer, mobile device or television with USTVNow and by extension the USTVNow Plus addon. USTVNow Plus essentially allows you to access your USTVnow subscription in Kodi.
Before using USTVNow Plus, you will first need to sign up for an account here. Please note that you will need to sign up for the account using an email address or else you will not be able to sign in on the USTVNow Plus addon. Do not sign up for an account via your social media details.
You will need to subscribe to at least the All Channels plan for $19 (GBP $14.84) to be able to watch AMC however. You will also be asked to confirm that you are a U.S. citizen during the registration process.
USTV Now claims to be a fully legal service for American citizens living outside of the United States. While using it from inside the US is restricted, some users have noted that USTV Now does not verify the location you enter upon signup and streams can still be accessed from within the United States if you connect to a VPN server outside the country.
USTVNow Plus is found in the Kodil (Kodisreal) repository.To access this add-on, you will first need to add the Kodil repository to your sources. You can add the Kodil repository by downloading the zip file directly from the following location: http://kdil.co/repo
Click on the zip file located on the site. Then, open Kodi and do the following:
- Head to Add-ons > Package Symbol (top left) > Install from zip
- Locate your zip file from your computer downloads location
- Click on it to install the Kodisreal Repository
- From Add-ons > Package Symbol, select Install from repository
- Locate the Kodisreal Repository and click on it
- Select Video add-ons
- Find USTVNow Plus and click to install it
- You can now access this add-on from Addons section
We found that Sanctuary, cCloud TV, and Goodfellas 2.0 are probably your best bets for a reliable AMC stream outside of USTVnow. Note that your ISP and local laws may prohibit some of the sources that these add-ons stream from. We cannot vouch for the legality of individual streams, so please perform your due diligence and check your local laws and regulations before streaming.
1. Quantum (Formerly Sanctuary)
Quantum can be found in the Sanctuary repository in Kodi. To get started with Quantum, first install the Sanctuary repo by doing the following:
- Go to the following website and download the zip file locate there: http://sanctuaryrepo.esy.es/sanc/
- Open your Kodi app and go to Add-ons > Package Symbol > Install from zip
- Locate the zip file you downloaded onto your computer in your normal downloads location and click on it to install the Sanctuary Repository
- Return to the previous screen and go to Install from repository. Locate the Sanctuary repo, then click on Video add-ons
- From there, click on Quantum and then Install
- You’ll find Quantum in your Add-ons section after seeing the “Add-on Enabled” notification on the top right of your screen
In Quantum, under Live TV, you can find an AMC in several of the IPTV section, such as Fido.
2. cCLoud TV
You can find the cCloud TV addon in the Kodil (Kodisreal) repository. To install Kodil, follow the instructions found above under Quantum.
To find cCloud TV in the Kodil repository, do the following:
- From your Kodi home screen, go to Add-ons > Package Symbol > Install from repository
- Click on the Kodisreal Repository
- Locate and select Video add-ons
- Locate and click on cCloud TV, then click on it and select Install. After you see the “Add-on Enabled” message, you’ll find the cCloud TV addon with your other Add-ons.
3. Goodfellas 2.0
To install the Goodfellas addon do the following:
- Go to SYSTEM>File Manager. Under Enter the paths or browse for the media location enter “http://www.goodfellasteam.com/Repository/”.
- Under Enter a name for this media source you can enter a name such as “.goodfellasteam”.
- In SYSTEM>Add-ons>Install from zip file, select repository.goodfellas.zip.
- Wait for the “Add-on enabled” notification before continuing.
- Now, go to SYSTEM>Add-ons>Install from Repository and select GoodFellas. Choose Video Add-ons and then GoodFellas X.X.
- Hit Install and wait for the “Add-on enabled” notification before proceeding.
To watch AMC, within Goodfellas, go to Free TV Channels>USA-UK-Canadian Ch.>USA Channels and you should be able to find a working link.
Expert Tip on Live Streaming
Please note there is no guarantee of the stability of the live streams found in the add-ons above. They may stick, buffer a lot, or just not work. Some streams may even cease to exist after a while. This means that users will usually have to take some initiative to find working streams displaying their favorite channels.
With that being said, the above add-ons generally don’t make you work too hard to find your favorite content.