If you have many different Kodi addons installed, it can be hard to keep track of which movies and shows are available on which addons. This is where the Chappa’ai Kodi addon is helpful. Chappa’ai allows you to search multiple addons at once, and organizes your addons’ content based on categories such as “top rated,” “most played,” “popular,” and others.
This article will explain how to install and use Chappa’ai Kodi addon.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is media player software from the Kodi foundation. It is free to download and install. Kodi allows users to play videos or music stored on their devices. It also runs “addons” that can be used to stream content from the Internet.
Since Kodi doesn’t use browser-based flash players to stream content, it can be used to circumvent advertisements on free video-streaming sites. This has made it popular with “cord-cutters” who like to watch TV online using an Amazon Fire Stick, Nvidia Shield, or Apple TV. Kodi can also be installed on Android phones or tablets, iPhones and iPads, Windows, Mac, or Linux PCs.
Warning: Kodi should only be used for content to which you have the legal right to access. Neither the Kodi Foundation nor Comparitech advocates the use of Kodi for piracy.
Always Use a VPN with Kodi
Whenever you stream video using Kodi, you should always use a VPN to protect your privacy. Many streaming-video sites would like to know where you are located, so they can block you from viewing content if you live outside of a particular area. Using a VPN prevents them from knowing this information.
Using a VPN also prevents your ISP from knowing that you are streaming video. This often stops them from throttling your Internet speed. In addition, a VPN can help protect you against man-in-the-middle attacks by hackers.
Not all VPNs are good for Kodi users though. Many keep logs of users’ activity, creating new privacy issues and defeating the purpose of having a VPN in the first place. Most VPNs do not have apps for popular devices that run Kodi. All VPNs will slow your connection a little, but some are too slow to play the HD-quality video Kodi users are accustomed to.
For these reasons, we recommend IPVanish to Kodi users. It has a strict policy against keeping logs and played 1080p video with no buffering in our tests. In addition, IPVanish has a native app for two of the most popular TV devices in the Kodi community: the Amazon Fire Stick and Nvidia Shield.
BEST VPN FOR KODI:IPVanish is our top choice. Has a large uncongested network of servers and achieves good speeds. Strong security and privacy features make IPVanish a favorite for Kodi and Amazon Fire TV Stick users. Try it risk-free with the 7-day money back guarantee.
How to install Chappa’ai Kodi addon
The Chappa’ai Kodi addon is part of Blamo Repo. There are two ways to install it. The first and simplest method is to use a web browser to download the Blamo repo zip file. The second method is to add the Blamo repo url as a source and install the file directly from Kodi. This second method is useful if your TV device doesn’t have a web browser. Here is how to install Chappa’ai Kodi addon using either method.
Note: The Chappa’ai Kodi addon is simply a utility that allows users to organize content provided by other addons. So Chappa’ai cannot itself be used to infringe copyrights. However, the Blamo repo does provide some Kodi addons that contain links to copyright-infringing streams, including Neptune Rising, Placenta, and SportsDevil. We do not recommend installing these addons.
How to install Chappa’ai Kodi addon on a device that has a web browser
- Open a browser and navigate to the official Blamo repo url: http://repo.mrblamo.xyz/
- Click the latest zip file for blamo repo. It should have a title that looks something like repository.blamo-x.x.x.zip. Remember where you save this file
- From Kodi’s main menu, click the gear icon to get to the settings menu
- Choose system settings
- Move your cursor over the addons selection
- Check to see if the slider for unknown sources is enabled. If not, click to enable it
- Go back to the Kodi main menu and select addons
- Click the package installer icon that looks like an open box
- Select install from zip file
- Navigate to the place where you saved the file, and click to install Blamo repo
- Once the repo is installed, select install from repository
- Select Blamo repo
- Choose video addons
- Click Chappa’ai
- Click install. The Chappa’ai Kodi addon should install within a few seconds
How to install Chappa’ai Kodi addon without a web browser
- If you haven’t done so already, enable unknown sources by clicking the gear icon, followed by system settings → addons → unknown sources
- Go back to the settings menu and click file manager
- Select add source
- Click <none>
- In the field where it says “Enter the paths or browse for the media locations,” type http://repo.mrblamo.xyz/ (type this exactly as it appears or it will not work)
- Click OK
- Select the field below where it says “Enter a name for this media source”
- Type Blamo repo or some other name that you will remember
- Click OK again
- Return to the Kodi main menu and click addons → package installer (open box icon) → install from zip file
- Click Blamo repo (or the name you gave this source) from the list of sources
- Choose the latest file for the Blamo repo. The title should be something like repository.blamo-x.x.x.zip. The Blamo repo should install within a few seconds
- Choose install from repository → Blamo repo → video addons → Chappa’ai
- Click install. The Chappa’ai Kodi addon should install within a few seconds
How to configure Chappa’ai Kodi addon
Before you can use Chappa’ai, you’ll need to configure it. First, right-click the Chappa’ai Kodi addon from your home screen. This will open the addon’s context menu. Second, click settings to open the configuration menu.
Once you’ve got the configuration menu open, click enable all players. Then open the settings menu again and scroll down to rerun total setup. Click this selection. You may see a message that asks if you want to remove all existing players. If so, click yes. This is all you need to do to allow your addon content to be browsed through Chappa’ai.
You can use Trakt to monitor all of the movies and shows you watch and make recommendations based on your viewing habits. If you want to integrate this service with Chappa’ai, open the addon and select playlists → watch your playlists. You’ll be asked to authenticate your device by navigating to the Trakt website, putting in a code, and logging in using your Trakt username and password.
You can also link your Last.fm account to Chappa’ai, making it easier to browse music. To do this, first create an API account by filling out this form: https://www.last.fm/api/account/create. You’ll receive a key, which you can then cut and paste into Chappa’ai Kodi addon’s settings menu, under custom → LastFM API Key.
Related article: Indigo Kodi addon, How to Install it And Why You Should be Using it
How to use Chappa’ai Kodi addon
Once you’ve got Chappa’ai properly configured, it’s simple to use. Click the addon to open its main menu. Your library is organized into the following categories: movies, TV shows, music, TV channels, and playlists. There is also an option to enter search string, which allows you to search all of your compatible addons.
Clicking a particular category will bring up a list of subcategories, including popular and top rated according to themoviedb.org (TMDb), most played, most watched, popular, and trending on Trakt, and further categories using your own Trakt account.
To play a particular movie, show, or song, browse through the categories until you find the media you want to play, then click to begin playing. That’s all there is to using the Chappa’ai Kodi addon.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this guide to Chappa’ai Kodi addon. If you’d like more info about how to find safe and legal Kodi addons, check our some of our other guides, including the best Kodi addons for live TV, how to install YouTube for Kodi, and how to watch sports on Kodi.