BeenVerified is a website that allows you to search for anyone in the United States using their first and last name, address, phone number, or email address. With access to over 400 million public records, BeenVerified is one of the most comprehensive people-search tools on the market today.
BeenVerified obtains its data from public records, including information provided by the US government, state agencies, and other private sources. By using these resources, BeenVerified can compile detailed records on millions of people across the country. This information can help you find friends and family members, verify information about potential employees or tenants, and more.
Not everyone wants to be included in these databases. Luckily, there are a few tools specifically designed to help remove you from them. Here are a few of the best data-deletion tools on the market:
- Incogni: A newer service from industry giant Surfshark. Very easy to use, with the ability to remove you from over 180 broker databases and people-search sites.
- DeleteMe: US-focused, but slowly starting to come to other countries as well. Offers affordable pricing, a live chat support system, and a custom removal request system.
- PrivacyBee: A globally-available service that works with over 200 brokers. Slightly more expensive but comes with tracker-blocking, breach notifications, and an account vulnerability scanner.
Reasons to opt out of BeenVerified
If you’re here, you’ll likely have your own reasons for removing your data from BeenVerified, but here’s a refresher of some of the concerns surrounding your information being listed on such websites:
- Privacy concerns: If you value your privacy, it is important to be able to control who has access to your personal information. The BeenVerified database includes sensitive data such as phone numbers, email addresses, and physical addresses, all of which can be used for purposes other than what you intended. By opting out of the BeenVerified system, you can rest assured that your sensitive information will not be accessed or used by anyone without your consent.
- Security concerns: In addition to privacy concerns, opting out of BeenVerified is also a way to protect yourself from scams and fraud. Many scammers and identity thieves use tools like BeenVerified to collect personal information from unsuspecting individuals, which they can then use to steal your identity or access your accounts. Opting out of the system can help prevent yourself from falling victim to these malicious attacks.
- Control over your personal information: Opting out of BeenVerified is also a way to take control of your personal information and ensure that it is used only for the purposes you have authorized. With access to such a wide range of public records, BeenVerified has enormous potential to be misused or abused, so it is crucial that you maintain control over your data at all times.
Related: The Best Identity Theft Services
How to opt out of BeenVerified in the US and UK using Incogni
Submitting a request to remove your data stored on BeenVerified is pretty straightforward, but the problem is that this will only wipe your information from its website and close data partners in the United States.
Fortunately, there’s a way to wipe all of your sensitive info from BeenVerified while removing your data from central databases in the UK and Europe. VPN giant Surfshark recently launched a new data-deletion tool called Incogni designed to removes your information from various databases across the globe.
With just a few details, Incogni gets to work deleting your sensitive info. It follows up to confirm deletion and even escalates your case with aggregators as needed. Simple!
BEST PERSONAL DATA REMOVAL TOOL:Incogni keeps your personal data safe by raising deletion requests with over 130 different data brokers. You can try it risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to manually opt out of BeenVerified
As mentioned above, opting out with BeenVerified manually is simple but may not be as effective. This is fine if you only need your details removed in the US with BeenVerified and close data partners.
Visit BeenVerified’s search page and enter a few details to get started.
Search results and opt out request
On the search results page, find the record you’d like to request for deletion, and click the button to the right that says “Proceed to opt Out.”
On the next page, enter your email address to generate the opt out request.
Verify opt out request
You’ll now receive an email with a verification link. Click the link, and you’ll receive one final email. Now, just confirm your request and BeenVerified will take care of the rest.
FAQs about opting out of BeenVerified
Do I need to be a member of BeenVerified to opt out?
No, you do not need to be a member of BeenVerified in order to opt out. You can submit your free opt-out request without membership or login requirements. However, if you are a member of BeenVerified, the process will likely be simpler and faster as you will have access to your account and contact information.
How long does it take for my records to be removed?
The duration of the opt-out process will vary depending on a number of factors, including the number and type of records you are requesting to be removed. In general, it will take 24 hours to remove your details from BeenVerified's search page, but it may take several days or even weeks for your information to disappear from search engine results.