Hulu is now proclaimed as one of the biggest streaming platforms, alongside Disney Plus, Netflix, and Prime Video, so it’s no surprise how popular it is with US viewers. But, unfortunately, it uses geo-restrictions to prevent VPNs from accessing it.
The good news is that Avast VPN does work with Hulu. Although Avast is best known for its antivirus offering, but its VPN uptake is growing stronger. So if you’re finding that Avast is not working with Hulu, there is usually a good reason.
In this post, we’ll discuss some things that might be causing issues for you accessing Hulu with Avast. We will provide solutions, and also an alternative VPN.
Why isn’t Avast working with Hulu?
Trying to get a concrete reason for Avast being blocked by Hulu is challenging, but it could be down to several factors. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- The VPN server you’re using isn’t in the region where the content is available. For example, to access US Netflix, you will need a US server to obtain an American IP address.
- The IP address you’re using has been blacklisted by Hulu
- You have a cookie stored in your browser that is revealing your true location
- You could be leaking DNS which would expose your real IP address
Luckily, all of these issues are easily fixed.
How to fix Avast not working with Hulu
Here’s how to fix Avast not working with Hulu:
- Firstly, try disconnecting and reconnecting your VPN – this can often resolve any issues caused by a minor connection glitch and will often connect you to a different server in the same location.
- If that doesn’t work, clear your browser cache and cookies and try again. This can help if your browser is slow to load websites or streaming services.
- Try switching server locations and see if another one works better. For example, if Avast’s servers aren’t working with Hulu, it may be because some of them are blocked – so by changing server locations, you can find one that is unblocked and will work better.
- Finally, you could try using a different VPN provider if all else fails. Although Avast’s ability to unblock Hulu is lacking, plenty of other providers offer reliable access – such as NordVPN.
Watch Hulu with NordVPN effortlessly
You’ve come this far, so it’s safe to assume Avast isn’t up to unblocking Hulu any longer. Your best alternative is NordVPN, which is one of the best providers in terms of unblocking streaming services.
Here’s how to watch Hulu with NordVPN:
- Sign up for a NordVPN subscription via this link. Or try out Surfshark or ExpressVPN, which are excellent at unblocking streaming services.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device
- Select a US server from the list of available servers. Connect and wait until the connection is established.
- Visit Hulu’s website or launch its app, sign in to your account, and start streaming.
- Clear your cookies and browser cache. This will allow Hulu to acknowledge the regional change.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN FOR Hulu RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Hulu with no restrictions for a month—great if you want to binge your favorite show or are going on a short trip.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you, and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
Avast not working with Hulu FAQs
How does Hulu detect VPN users?
Hulu uses several detection methods to identify VPN users, including IP and DNS leak tests and deep packet inspection.
What other VPNs can unblock Hulu?
Can I use a free VPN to watch Hulu?
No, we don’t recommend using a free VPN for streaming. These services often have poor security protocols, slow connection speeds, and unreliable access – meaning you’re likely to experience buffering or streaming errors. Instead, it’s best to stick with one of the premium providers listed above.