Geo-blocked services aren’t uncommon, and if you’re traveling outside of your country, you’re likely to run into them. You could be traveling to Cape Verde and want to access your home services while there, or live there and are visiting elsewhere. Whatever the case, you will need a VPN for Cape Verde.
By connecting to a VPN, you access geo-restricted services from anywhere in the world. So how does this all work? A Virtual Private Network (VPN) routes all your data through its own servers, encrypting it and replacing your IP address with that of your chosen server. Since most region-locked platforms rely on your IP address to tell where you are, spoofing your location is as simple as using a server in the appropriate country.
In a rush and don’t want to read the whole article? Below, you’ll find a quick guide to the best VPNs for Cape Verde.
- ExpressVPN: The #1 VPN for Cape Verde. Provides fast speeds and great unblocking capabilities. Strong on security, with a no-logs policy and Bitcoin payments accepted. Comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: An incredibly secure VPN for Cape Verde. Speedy, security-conscious, and able to unblock all but the most stubborn platforms abroad. Strict zero-logs policy.
- Surfshark: A great budget provider with no speed or bandwidth limits. Has a major security focus and keeps no logs whatsoever. Great at unblocking streaming services abroad.
- CyberGhost: An intuitive, beginner-friendly VPN that offers plenty of powerful security features, a seven-connection limit, and access to thousands of high-speed servers.
- IPVanish: This no-logs provider is fast enough for most day-to-day purposes and comes equipped with several cutting-edge security features. Doesn’t have any connection limits.
- PrivateVPN: A VPN that’s both privacy-focused and extremely fast. Works with plenty of major region-locked services and even lets you browse safely in places like China.
- Hotspot Shield: Quick and versatile, this VPN is a strong choice for anyone traveling in Cape Verde. Offers solid security, a sizable network, and impressive unblocking potential.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN FOR CAPE VERDE RISK FREE?
ExpressVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Cape Verde with no restrictions for a month—great if you are going on a short trip.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide ExpressVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your ExpressVPN trial here.
Best VPNs for Cape Verde
Deciding which VPN to use can be tricky. Take a look below for the list of criteria we used to determine the best VPNs for Cape Verde:
- Offers access to an expansive server network
- Provides reliable, speedy connections
- Can consistently unblock popular geo-restricted services from abroad
- Uses strong encryption and other security features
- Doesn’t store any personally identifiable information
- Includes apps for all of the most popular operating systems
Here’s a list of the best VPNs for Cape Verde:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN is extremely adaptable and works just as well in Cape Verde as it does anywhere else. This is because it has over 3,200 servers in 94 countries, meaning there’ll always be a speedy, low-load server within a reasonable distance. Further, this VPN boasts even works with platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
It’s equally impressive from a security perspective. There’s 256-bit encryption built-in, plus a kill switch and protection against IPv6, WebRTC, and DNS leaks. ExpressVPN doesn’t log any identifiable data, which means it can’t reveal your activities to anyone, ever. This service operates a 24/7 live chat-based help desk, so help is never more than a few minutes away.
ExpressVPN users have access to Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS, and Linux apps. Additionally, you can directly install this VPN’s custom firmware onto supported routers.
- Consistently high speeds
- Great at accessing the most popular streaming sites from almost anywhere
- Solid privacy and security
- Pay anonymously with Bitcoin
- Works in China and the UAE
- Has 24/7 live chat support
- More expensive than some of its competitors
BEST VPN FOR CAPE VERDE:ExpressVPN is our top choice for Cape Verde. It boasts steady speeds, strong security and privacy protections, and the ability to access your favorite services from abroad. A 30-day money-back guarantee means you can try it completely risk-free.
Interested? Why not take a look at our full ExpressVPN review?
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is a popular provider, renowned for both its fantastic security offering and excellent streaming capabilities. Of course, having 5,000+ servers in 59 countries, some of the fastest speeds around, and exceptional unblocking ability all make it a strong choice for anyone looking to torrent, bypass censorship, or just browse the web privately in Cape Verde.
256-bit AES encryption is enabled by default, and this VPN also offers automatic ad-blocking and malware-scanning, an app-specific kill switch, and obfuscated servers for even more privacy. As you might expect, NordVPN is a zero-logs provider. It also accepts three different cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple). Live chat is available 24/7 just in case you need any help.
NordVPN provides iOS, MacOS, Android, Windows, and Linux apps. This service also works with select network routers via manual installation.
- Plenty of stable servers to chose from around the world
- Impressive consistent speeds
- Works with most popular streaming services
- Major emphasis on security and privacy
- No-logs policy
- No kill switch on Android
A RELIABLE CHOICE:NordVPN is a speedy service with great unblocking abilities that’s known for its particularly strong security offering. If you’re still unsure, you can make use of its 30-day money-back guarantee.
For more details, check out our complete NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark users have access to 3,000+ servers in over 60 countries. Needless to say, this makes it a solid choice for streaming, especially since it works with platforms like Netflix and BBC iPlayer from anywhere, even Cape Verde. That’s not all: with strong speeds and no connection limits, you’ll be able to watch in the highest possible quality, on any device you like.
There are plenty of security and privacy features built-in too. These include a kill switch (that stops sending data if your connection drops), 256-bit encryption, and DNS leak protection. Additionally, this VPN offers a combined ad-blocker/malware scanner and a NoBorders mode that’s designed for getting around especially tricky VPN-detection measures. Surfshark doesn’t store any logs and offers around the clock support via live chat.
This service comes with apps for Android, iOS, MacOS, Linux, and Windows. Additionally, this VPN can be manually configured for use with supported wireless routers.
- A great value option with significant long-term discounts
- Works with most streaming services
- Strong security and privacy credentials
- A strict no-logs policy
- Lets you connect unlimited devices
- Customer support could be better
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark is a great choice for anyone looking to browse privately in Cape Verde for a great price. In fact, this no-logs provider is secure and fast enough for almost any task. It even offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and special censorship-bypassing servers.
Read the full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost has more than 7,000 servers in 90 countries, which means you’ll have no problems getting a speedy connection, even at busy times like evenings or weekends. It’s versatile too, and works with popular streaming services like Netflix and a seven-connection limit. Simply, if you want to stream TV from back home while in Cape Verde, this would be an excellent choice.
This service removes a major barrier between you and online privacy by enabling all of its security features by default. In other words, you can take advantage of 256-bit encryption, DNS leak protection, a kill switch, an ad-blocker, and a malware-scanner from the moment you connect. CyberGhost doesn’t keep any identifiable logs, all but guaranteeing your privacy. If you’re having issues, you can contact support 24/7 over live chat or email.
CyberGhost apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. Users can follow manual setup instructions to install it on supported routers.
- Thousands of servers worldwide
- Very user-friendly, ideal for beginners
- Scores highly in terms of security and privacy
- Great consistent speeds
- Offers 24/7 support
- Doesn’t offer much control over advanced features
- Doesn’t work in China
GREAT FOR BEGINNERS:CyberGhost is novice-friendly but beneath the hood it’s packed full of powerful security and privacy tools. This speedy VPN lets you watch all kinds of region-locked content abroad and comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Check out our in-depth CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish offers access to 1,500+ servers in more than 60 countries. It doesn’t restrict your speeds or limit your bandwidth in any way, so it’s a solid choice for data-intensive activities like torrenting or live streaming. Best of all, while most VPNs limit you to five or so simultaneous connections, IPVanish lets you have as many as you like.
Don’t be fooled by its easy to use apps; this is a powerful service that takes your security very seriously. It comes with 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch, as well as a local traffic blocker. Additionally, this VPN offers a traffic scrambling feature that helps users bypass especially tricky VPN-detection measures. IPVanish keeps no logs at all. Live chat is available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
IPVanish offers iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows apps. That said, it can also be manually configured for use with Linux systems and select internet routers.
- Speedy, lightweight apps
- Great security and privacy features
- Lets you secure every device you own with no limits
- Reliable server speeds
- Struggles to unblock larger streaming platforms
- Fewer servers than some rivals
HIGHLY VERSATILE:IPVanish makes it easy to stay safe online thanks to its high speeds, zero-logs policy, and wide range of security tools. Best of all, it lets you secure every device you own simultaneously. Additionally, all plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Find answers to any questions in our complete review of IPVanish.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has roughly 150+ servers, meaning it doesn’t have as large a network as some of its competitors. It does, however, cover 60 countries, provide some of the fastest speeds around, and unblock a huge range of geo-restricted services. There are no bandwidth limits to speak of and users can connect up to six devices at once.
This service has a fantastic security offering. Its features include 256-bit AES encryption, a customizable kill switch, and protection against IPv6 and DNS leaks. In fact, PrivateVPN even offers a special stealth mode that’s great for bypassing country-wide censorship in places like China. This is a zero-logs service, which means you can browse with confidence, wherever you are. Customer support can be reached 22 hours per day via live chat or email.
PrivateVPN has apps for Windows, iOS, MacOS, Linux, and Android systems. If you’d like to secure your entire home network, you can manually install it on your router.
- One of the fastest VPNs around
- Exceptional unblocking capabilities
- Powerful security features and a true zero-logs policy
- Works in China
- Fewer servers to choose from than other providers higher on this list
- Doesn’t have 24/7 live chat
HIGH-SPEED SERVERS:PrivateVPN is extremely fast and secure, making it ideal for streaming and torrenting. Of course, its no-logs policy means it’s a solid choice for private browsing too. This VPN boasts a 30-day money-back guarantee and great unblocking ability.
Our PrivateVPN review provides even more details about this service.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Editor’s Note: Hotspot Shield is owned by Pango, Comparitech’s parent company.
Hotspot Shield users can choose from around 1,800 servers in 80+ countries. Thanks to this VPN’s consistently high speeds, unlimited bandwidth, and solid unblocking ability, there really isn’t much it struggles with. In fact, it performs admirably regardless of whether you are streaming Netflix, using P2P networks, or simply browsing normally. Up to five devices can be connected simultaneously per account.
This VPN uses a kill switch, 256-bit encryption, and DNS leak protection to secure your traffic from snoopers. There’s also automatic wifi protection which keeps you safe when using public networks. Hotspot Shield doesn’t log any identifiable data, so your privacy is in good hands. For help with any problems, users can reach support staff 24/7 over live chat.
- Speedy servers all over the world
- Works with Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and more
- Plenty of powerful security features built-in
- Doesn’t store any logs
- Has had privacy issues in the past
- No anonymous payment options
FAST AND VERSATILE:Hotspot Shield isn’t just great for staying anonymous online; it also lets you use geo-blocked services while in Cape Verde. Steady speeds and unlimited bandwidth mean you can stream as much as you like. A 45-day money-back guarantee is included.
Read our comprehensive Hotspot Shield review.
How to use a Cape Verde VPN
Protecting yourself with a VPN is likely easier than you might expect. Below is a quick and easy guide to staying safe online while in Cape Verde.
Here’s how to set use a Cape Verde VPN:
- Start by signing up for one of the services above. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download the VPN’s app and install it on any device you use often. Usually, you’ll be allowed five or so simultaneous connections, but this varies between providers.
- Log in and connect to a server in your chosen country to change your IP address. Remember: the further away your server is, the slower your connection will be.
- That’s all there is to it! Your traffic is now encrypted and cannot be read by snoopers, even if you’re using a public wifi hotspot.
- If you’re having any issues, try clearing your cookies. If this doesn’t work, simply contact your VPN’s customer support team for advice.
Our Methodology: How we found the best VPNs for Cape Verde
We know it’s not practical for you to test every VPN under the sun. That’s why we’ve created this shortlist of the best VPNs for Cape Verde. Our methodology involves looking for the following key attributes in each VPN:
- Servers worldwide: While you won’t find many VPNs with servers in Cape Verde, any quality VPN you use will have hundreds, if not thousands, of servers. These will be spread across dozens of countries globally. You can access more online content as a result while connecting to a nearby server usually allows for faster speeds.
- Speed: If you want to be able to stream, torrent, or play online games, you’ll need a VPN with high-speed, unthrottled connections. Not every VPN is able to offer this which is why we’ve conducted speed tests on each VPN’s servers. This has helped us identify the fastest VPNs for Cape Verde.
- Unblocking: You’ve likely come across websites and services that aren’t available in Cape Verde. This may be a streaming service or online banking platform, for example. The best VPNs continually seek ways to bypass restrictions and, in order to find them, we tested each VPN against a wide range of geo-blocked content.
- Security: With a VPN, you shouldn’t have to worry about security threats. Unfortunately, some VPNs may actually compromise your online security by not encrypting your data or exposing you to leaks. We expect a VPN to provide 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch at the very minimum.
- Privacy: A VPN encrypts your internet traffic so that snoopers can’t see what you’re doing online. However, some VPNs keep identifying logs and can see your browsing data. If you don’t want this, look for a VPN that operates a strict no-logs policy. To help find those you can trust, we looked at 140 VPN logging policies.
- Ease of use: Signing up with a VPN and downloading and installing its app needn’t take more than a couple of minutes. Once logged in, you can usually connect to a server in just a click or two. Not only do we seek VPNs that have user-friendly apps, we also try to find those that offer 24/7 live chat and email support.
- Value for money: Many VPNs offer great deals and the best VPNs for Cape Verde are no exception. Usually, the longer the subscription, the more you can save each month. All of the VPNs we recommend come with money-back guarantees of at least 30 days. VPN discount coupons are also available for an even better deal.
We use our VPN testing methodology to find the best VPNs for Cape Verde. This process involves hands-on use of each VPN’s apps as well as testing server speeds and for DNS leaks.
Cape Verde VPN FAQs
Can I use a free VPN in Cape Verde?
It’s technically possible to use a free VPN in Cabo Verde, but we wouldn’t advise it. Services like these usually don’t have enough resources to provide all of their users with decent speeds, so you’ll often find that they’re too slow for even simple web browsing. What’s more, free VPNs tend to be blacklisted by streaming services. Even if they’re not, they’re often a poor choice for streaming since they often limit the amount of bandwidth you can use each day.
There’s a good chance that your free VPN is actually making your devices less secure. In fact, research indicates that almost 20% of these apps fail to use encryption. Equally troubling, more than one-third of surveyed apps contained malware, so there’s no guarantee you’ll even be using a legitimate VPN. For maximum protection and peace of mind, we recommend choosing a reputable, privacy-conscious VPN provider instead.
How can a VPN help me while I’m traveling?
Cape Verde actually has a very free and open internet, partly because media freedom is enshrined in the country’s constitution. However, it’s still a good idea to use a VPN while traveling, since you never know how secure public networks really are, or who might be monitoring them.
Unfortunately, some of the closest countries are considered high-risk by many banks and indeed, the European Commission. As such, you could well find yourself locked out of your online banking service if you try logging in from Cape Verde. However, if you connect to a VPN server in your home country before doing so, it’s far less likely that the automated systems will flag your login attempt as unusual.
Will a VPN let me stream Cape Verde TV abroad?
Unfortunately, only one of Cape Verde’s major networks (TCV) lets you watch online, and its video player is temperamental, sometimes failing to load at all. However, with a VPN, you will be able to access all kinds of content that’s usually not available in this location. For instance, by connecting to an American server, travelers can stay up to date with their favorite shows from back home on NBC, HBO, or Hulu.