Disney Plus offers many movies and TV shows, from animated classics like Toy Story to live-action epics like The Mandalorian. But accessing Disney Plus with a VPN can be tricky for many people.
PureVPN is one of those VPNs that struggle to access Disney Plus, possibly due to several reasons we’ll explain further below. Fortunately, other users have reported a few tried and tested fixes to resolve their connection problems.
Keep reading if you’re ready to try and get PureVPN working with Disney Plus as this guide will tell you everything you need to know.
Here’s why Disney might be blocking PureVPN
Disney Plus actively blocks IP addresses associated with VPNs, like those provided by PureVPN. In addition, the streaming service uses advanced measures to detect and block VPNs from accessing its content. It does not want people watching the shows without a subscription or in places where content is unavailable.
It may also be because PureVPN’s servers can’t handle increasing demand. As a result, as more people try to access Disney Plus, PureVPN may be overwhelmed and unable to provide a stable connection.
How to fix your PureVPN connection with Disney Plus
There are a few things you could try to get PureVPN working with Disney Plus, here are some of them:
- First, ensure you are connected to the correct server. PureVPN provides a list of dedicated streaming servers, so make sure you select one of these before attempting to access Disney Plus.
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting your VPN. Or switch between different VPN protocols like OpenVPN or IKEv2. You can try changing to a different server to see if that resolves your connection problems.
- Instead of choosing a specific server, PureVPN can automatically connect you with the best available server for streaming Disney Plus. This is a great way to ensure optimal performance and avoid connection issues.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies. Disney Plus may not have acknowledged the change of location.
- Contact PureVPN’s customer service for help. They can provide step-by-step instructions on getting your connection working with Disney Plus.
If all else fails, it might be time to switch VPN providers. Plenty of other VPNs have no trouble getting past Disney Plus’ security measures, so you can always try one of these if your connection problems persist. We recommend NordVPN due to its excellent speed and ability to unblock streaming services.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN FOR DISNEY PLUS RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Disney Plus with no restrictions for a month—great if you want to binge your favorite show or are going on a short trip.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you, and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
How to stream Disney with NordVPN
If you’ve come this far, it means PureVPN is likely not up to accessing Disney anymore. It’s time to try one of the best VPNs for Disney, NordVPN.
Here’s how to stream Disney with NordVPN:
- Sign up for NordVPN via this exclusive discount link. Or, why not try our next-best choices, Surfshark and ExpressVPN?
- Download and install NordVPN from its website.
- Connect to a server in your home country to obtain a virtual IP address.
- Open Disney Plus via the web or using the app and start streaming!
- If an error pops up, clear your browser’s cache and cookies and refresh the page.
FAQs about PureVPN not working with Disney Plus
How does Disney detect PureVPN?
Disney can detect PureVPN through its IP address. When connected to a VPN, your computer is assigned a temporary IP address from the server. This IP is associated with other users of the same VPN, and Disney uses this information to block access for all users connected to that IP.
Can I watch Disney Plus with a free VPN?
There are some free VPNs around that may work with Disney Plus, but these are often inconsistent. We’d recommend avoiding free VPNs where possible as they typically cap your data, meaning that if it did unblock Disney, you’d likely use up your data allowance quickly. Also, free VPNs often log user data without consent and sell it to third parties for marketing purposes.