Navigating the vast universe of Disney Plus can be thrilling, especially with its treasure trove of Marvel, Star Wars, and iconic Disney exclusives. But just like the perils in an epic Star Wars saga, not all viewers have unrestricted access to this content. Have you ever been on a vacation abroad and craved a Disney binge, only to be met with the ominous “Something went wrong. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit the Disney+ Help Center (Error Code: 83).”?
After rigorous research and exhaustive testing, we have found a solution so you can watch your favorite movies. While your travels take you across borders, our expertise ensures your favorite shows travel with you. The trick lies in harnessing the power of the right Virtual Private Network (VPN). Be wary, though: not all VPNs are equipped to unlock Disney+.
Are you pressed for time? See below for our expertly curated guide to the best VPNs capable of unblocking Disney+ from anywhere worldwide.
We found these to be the best VPNs for Disney Plus:
- NordVPN: Our #1 choice for using Disney+ abroad. This VPN works with Disney and other major streaming platforms. Great connection speeds for streaming in HD. Has strong encryption plus a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
TIP In our testing we found that the cheapest NordVPN plan (Standard) works perfectly for Disney+.
- Surfshark: The best low-cost option for streaming Disney+. Access the whole content library with no issues. Plenty of advanced security features and unlimited simultaneous device connections.
- ExpressVPN: This service’s high speeds, reliable connections, and strong security credentials make it ideal for watching Disney+ abroad.
- CyberGhost: A solid choice for streaming Disney+. CyberGhost is easy to use and fast enough for streaming in HD. It is also highly secure with 256-bit AES encryption.
- IPVanish: With consistently high speeds, a strict no-logs policy, and powerful security features, IPVanish is ideal for watching Disney+ abroad.
- PrivateVPN: A high-speed, no-logs service capable of unblocking major platforms like Disney+ and streaming content from anywhere in the world.
- Atlas VPN: Works with Disney+, HBO Max, and Netflix. Fast, unthrottled connections. Unlimited simultaneous connections.
How to access Disney+ abroad in five easy steps
There’s no need to panic; accessing region-locked services like Disney+ is simple with the right VPN, all you have to do is change your region. Just follow these proven steps below to watch Disney+ from anywhere in the world.
From our real-world experience, here’s how to watch Disney Plus abroad with a VPN:
- First, sign up for one of the VPNs below (we particularly recommend NordVPN).
- Install the appropriate app for your device and log in.
- Connect to a server in a supported country (Disney+ will launch first in the US, Canada, and the Netherlands).
- Visit the Disney+ website and sign up. Note that you’ll need a payment method that’s linked to an address in a country where this service is already available.
- Finally, try playing a video on Disney+. It should start immediately, but if you see the following error: “Something went wrong. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit the Disney+ Help Center (Error Code 83).“, clear your browser’s cookies then refresh the page.
Note that if you didn’t get a subscription to Disney+ before you went abroad you will need to subscribe from a country where it is available or use a payment method from one such country. We’ve provided more details on this here.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Disney Plus without any limits or restrictions for a month. This is ideal for anyone hoping to watch their favorite shows while abroad on vacation.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
Best VPNs for streaming Disney+ abroad – Our hands-on review
We’ve tested and compared the most important features for the top VPNs here. Prefer to read the in-depth reviews? Start with NordVPN – our #1 choice for streaming Disney+ abroad.
|Website||NordVPN.com||Surfshark.com||ExpressVPN.com||Cyberghost.com||IPVanish.com||PrivateVPN.com||atlasvpn.com||Ranking for Disney+||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||Avg Speed (Mbps)||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||39 Mbps||100+ Mbps||39 Mbps||100+ Mbps||Total number of servers||5,700+||3,200||Undisclosed||7000+||2,200+||200+||1000+||Server countries||60||100||94||90+||53||63||49||Simultaneous Connections||6||Unlimited||5||7||Unlimited||10||Unlimited|
|Best deal (per month)||$2.99|
SAVE up to 69% + 3 months FREE
Save 82% + Get 4 Months FREE
SAVE: 49% + 3 months free
SAVE 84% on the 2 year plan + 4 months free
SAVE 74% on the 2 yr plan
Save 85% on a two year plan + 12-months free
SAVE 86% on a 2 year plan + 6 months free
Best VPNs for streaming Disney Plus abroad
In our judgment, here’s our list of the best VPNs for streaming Disney+ abroad:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN has over 5,100 servers spread across 60 countries, including a huge selection in North America. This service is a natural choice for streaming thanks to its great connection speed and above-average unblocking ability. In fact, it’ll let you access not just Disney+ but also major streaming platforms like Netflix US, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer. What’s more, it lets you have up to six connections at once so you can watch on whichever device you prefer, including mobile devices like Androids and iPhones.
This VPN clearly takes your security very seriously. It uses 256-bit AES encryption, a customizable kill switch, and protection against WebRTC, IPv6, and DNS leaks to protect your activities from prying eyes. There’s also a built-in ad-blocker, malware scanner, and specially-optimized servers for those looking for additional security. NordVPN has a strict no-logs policy, meaning your activities cannot be traced back to you. You can contact customer support 24/7 through live chat.
NordVPN apps are available for Linux, Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android. This service must be manually configured for use with home routers. You can opt for a monthly or annual subscription, and there is a 30-day money-back guarantee available should you need it.
- Operates a network of more than 5,000 servers in 60 countries
- Works with a range of streaming devices
- Extremely fast
- No-logs policy
- Unblocks most popular geo-locked streaming services
- Desktop app can be awkward to use, needs updating
BEST VPN FOR DISNEY+:NordVPN is our top choice for Disney+. With powerful security features, the fastest speeds around, and a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, it’s well worth your time.
Read the full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is a reliable provider that has more than 3,200 servers in 61 countries. This VPN can unblock Disney Plus and works with other streaming platforms like Netflix US, BBC iPlayer, and Peacock TV. What’s more, with decent speeds, no connection limit, and unlimited bandwidth, you can watch on any device you own, completely free from lag and excessive buffering.
This service keeps you safe using 256-bit encryption, a kill switch (in every version), and protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks. However, it also offers an ad-blocker, a malware scanner, split-tunneling functionality, and a NoBorders mode for use in countries with strict online censorship. Surfshark doesn’t log any data that could identify you although you can pay in Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Ripple for added anonymity. These excellent security features make it one of the best choices for streaming content and browsing privately.
Surfshark provides Linux, MacOS, iOS, Windows, and Android apps. If you’d like to use it on your wireless router, you’ll have to install it manually.
- Unblocks Disney+ and other major platforms with ease
- No limit on the number of devices you can connect
- Keeps no logs whatsoever
- Takes privacy and security very seriously
- A relatively small server network
- Some slow speeds
BEST BUDGET OPTION:Surfshark offers high speeds and a strong focus on your security. It also lets you connect as many devices as you like, so you can stream Disney+ anywhere. Best of all, this service is highly affordable and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Take a look at our comprehensive Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN operates over 3,000 servers in 94 countries including the US, the Netherlands, and Canada, making it an excellent way to stream Disney+ abroad. It also works with other streaming sites like YouTube TV, National Geographic, and Peacock TV. Better still, with high speeds and unlimited bandwidth, you’re free to watch in the highest possible quality. ExpressVPN allows up to five simultaneous connections, so you can protect all of your most commonly used devices with a single account.
This VPN keeps your activities private at all times using 256-bit encryption, protection against DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks, and a kill switch (which stops all traffic whenever you lose the VPN connection suddenly). Although you can sign up almost completely anonymously by paying in Bitcoin, this is entirely optional since ExpressVPN doesn’t log any data that could identify you. If you’re having trouble, you can contact customer support over live chat, 24/7.
ExpressVPN has apps for MacOS, Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS devices. It also offers custom router firmware to make protecting all of your devices as easy as possible.
- Industry-leading security features
- Complete privacy – no logs of personal data kept
- Unblocks Disney+ and numerous other services
- Advanced configuration for power-users is a little limited
- Slightly higher price
GREAT ALL-ROUNDER:ExpressVPN is fast and secure, which makes it a strong choice for watching Disney+ abroad. It even comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Take a look at our comprehensive ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost currently boasts over 8,000 servers in almost 90 countries. With consistently high speeds and unlimited bandwidth, you won’t have to worry about being interrupted by lag or buffering while streaming in HD. Further, this service unblocks a wide range of services, allowing you to stream Disney Plus, Netflix, and similar services from abroad. CyberGhost allows up to seven simultaneous device connections, which is one more than the industry average but not quite the unlimited provided by some other VPNs on the list.
All of this service’s security features are enabled by default so there’s minimal configuration required. These include 256-bit encryption, automatic ad-blocking and malware-scanning, a kill switch, and protection against DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leaks. CyberGhost doesn’t log any personally identifiable information, but if you’re worried about your privacy, there’s always the option to sign up with Bitcoin and a disposable email address. If you run into any problems, you can reach customer support 24/7 via live chat.
CyberGhost offers apps for Android, iOS, MacOS, and Windows. It works with Linux systems and wireless routers via manual installation.
- Unblocks Disney+ and similar platforms with ease
- Budget provider that doesn’t compromise on security and privacy
- Thousands of fast servers around the world
- Less suitable for power users
- Doesn’t work in China
PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS:CyberGhost is very user-friendly and provides comprehensive security features, high speeds, and excellent unblocking ability. It even comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Check out our complete CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish is a lightweight yet versatile VPN with around 1,900 servers across 60+ countries. This service is very fast and doesn’t limit your bandwidth, making it ideal for streaming content on Disney Plus abroad. That’s not all, though: you’ll also be able to unblock streaming platforms like ITV Hub, Peacock TV, and Sling TV from anywhere. IPVanish doesn’t impose a connection limit, allowing you to secure all of your streaming devices at once.
This service offers several powerful security features including 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, DNS and IPV6 leak protection, LAN traffic blocking, and the ability to scramble your OpenVPN traffic. This is an especially helpful feature as it reshapes your traffic, allowing you to access sites and services that usually block VPN connections. IPVanish doesn’t keep any logs at all which means that once connected, you’re effectively untraceable. Need help? Customer support is on-hand 24/7 over live chat.
IPVanish provides Android, Windows, iOS, and MacOS apps. It can be manually configured for use with Linux systems and select network routers. Monthly and annual subscriptions are available.
- Keeps zero logs of user activity and metadata
- Fast enough for flawless HD streaming
- Strong security features including traffic scrambling
- Doesn’t accept Bitcoin
- Struggles with some larger streaming services
FAST AND SECURE:IPVanish is a fast, lightweight VPN with a strong focus on your privacy and security. It keeps no logs, offers decent unblocking ability, and includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For more information, check out our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has a smaller network than some of the VPNs above (roughly 150 servers in 60 countries) but it helps make up for it with extremely high speeds. Combined with PrivateVPN’s exceptional unblocking ability, this makes it perfect for anyone looking to use region-locked services like Disney+ or Netflix abroad. Up to six simultaneous connections are permitted, allowing you to stream safely wherever you are.
This VPN puts a major emphasis on security. For starters, it includes 256-bit encryption, a kill switch (Windows only), and protection against DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks. There’s also a split-tunneling feature (which lets certain apps bypass the VPN) and a stealth mode that lets you hide the fact that you’re using a VPN at all. PrivateVPN does not keep any logs whatsoever, but you can pay anonymously with Bitcoin if you’d like. Live, chat-based support is available 22 hours per day, and remote assistance is available should you require it.
PrivateVPN has apps for Windows, Android, MacOS, and iOS. With a little manual configuration, this service can also be used on Linux systems and internet routers.
- Keeps no logs whatsoever
- Faster than many other providers
- Strong security and privacy protection features
- Doesn’t have 24/7 live chat
- Small number of servers, newish provider still expanding their network
VERY HIGH SPEEDS:PrivateVPN is fast enough to stream Disney+ without any interruptions. It boasts a zero-logs policy, powerful security features, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our in-depth review of PrivateVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Atlas VPN is more than suitable for use with Disney+. Indeed, you can use this VPN service to stream the likes of Netflix and HBO Max while traveling overseas. You won’t have to contend with buffering or lag because it provides fast speeds and won’t throttle your connection. This allows for streaming in 1080p HD and even 4K. Another standout feature of Atlas VPN is that it allows unlimited simultaneous connections.
The server network of Atlas VPN covers dozens of countries and, once connected, you’ll benefit from 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection from DNS leaks. If that’s not enough, you can even connect to a MultiHop server for twice the level of encryption. Note that Atlas VPN doesn’t keep identifying logs of users, allowing you to browse privately and maintain online anonymity.
You’ll be able to watch Disney+ on your desktop and mobile devices because Atlas VPN offers apps for Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS. However, manual configuration is required for use with Linux as well as compatible wifi routers.
- Works with many streaming services, Disney+ included
- Very good speeds for streaming in high definition without lag
- Can be used on as many devices as you like simultaneously
- Lots of security features such as MultiHop servers
- Relatively smaller network of servers (just 700 or so in total)
UNLIMITED CONNECTIONS:Atlas VPN is fast, works with Disney+, HBO Max, and Netflix, and allows unlimited simultaneous connections. Security includes encryption, an ad and malware blocker, and MultiHop servers. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Atlas VPN review.
How else can a VPN help you?
VPNs have plenty of other uses aside from unblocking Disney+. For instance, they also allow you to:
- Bypass country-wide internet blocking and access region-locked services like Netflix or Hulu abroad
- Browse the web privately thanks to their powerful encryption
- Prevent your activities being traced back to you (assuming you have a no-logs VPN)
- Reduce the likelihood that your Internet Service Provider will throttle your speeds
Disney Plus VPN – Our testing methodology
Trying to find a VPN that works with popular streaming platforms – and has the privacy and security features you need to stay safe online, is not easy. Many VPNs use aggressive marketing techniques and are deceptive about the level of service they provide. This makes it easy to end up with a slow VPN that does not provide robust security.
To ensure we recommend the very best services, we test market leading VPNs using a precise VPN testing methodology. This allows us to compare services and make recommendations for individual use cases. Below, we have included some of the features we looked for when recommending VPNs for Disney+.
- Fast servers. We look for VPNs with a global server network. This includes server locations in the US, the UK, and other countries where Disney Plus is available. We also test those servers to ensure they work with other popular platforms, such as Netflix, iPlayer, and Hulu.
- Reliable apps. We check each VPN’s apps to ensure they have all the features you need to stay safe online. Our recommendations have apps for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android – to let you stream Disney+ on vacation on any of your streaming devices.
- Robust security. A VPN is designed to provide you with privacy first and foremost. We test each VPN to ensure it does not have IP or DNS leaks, and we check the encryption to ascertain that it can provide adequate data security for your traffic. We also check for a kill-switch, DNS leak protection, and obfuscation.
- Advanced features. We look for VPNs that have fully-featured clients with plenty of advanced extra features. This includes useful things like split tunneling, automatic connection, port forwarding, multi-hop, ad blocking, malware protection, Smart DNS, and other useful features that make the VPN better value for money.
- Excellent customer support. We recommend VPNs with live chat and email support. This allows you to get help and ask questions when you most need it. We also recommend VPNs with superb online resources, including setup guides and FAQs.
Disney Plus Stats 2023 – Updated
As of Q3 2023, Disney+ had around 146.7 million subscribers worldwide. In the US and Canada, the platform had 46.3 million subscribers as of Q1 2023. Disney+ is expected to reach 209.16 million subscribers worldwide by the end of 2023. In Q2 2023, Disney generated $22.33 billion in revenue, with the media and entertainment business accounting for the highest revenue share. Some of the original content coming to Disney+ in 2023 includes “Iwájú” a long-form series created in collaboration with Pan-African comic book entertainment company Kugali.
How do I set up parental controls on Disney+?
To set up parental controls on Disney+, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Disney+ account.
- Navigate to your profiles and select “Edit Profiles”.
- Select the profile you’d like to edit.
- Under “Parental Controls”, select “Content Rating”.
- Enter your password to confirm the changes.
- Select the content rating you’d like to set for your child and then click “Save”.
- To restrict profile switching, set a 4-digit PIN code. To do this, under “Parental Controls”, click “Profile PIN”. Enter your password and click “Continue”.
- Enter your new PIN and click “Save”.
These steps will help you set up content restrictions based on ratings and prevent unattended profile switching. Remember, Disney+ cannot control changes made using an adult account, which children and teens can access when left open. Therefore, parents should be cautious when using Disney+ and ensure they’ve set up necessary parental controls before giving access to children.
Disney+ also allows you to create a Kid’s Profile to limit access to mature content. To do this:
- When logged into your Disney+ account from any device, tap on the current profile name.
- Select “Edit Profiles”.
- Choose “Add Profile”.
- Next, select an image for the new profile.
- Type in a Profile Name.
- Toggle “Kids Profile” to On (this disallows PG and PG13 content for the profile).
- Choose “Save”.
Please note that the built-in Disney+ controls don’t prevent children from switching to a profile that enables all content. Almost any school-aged child can quickly bypass the Disney+ parental controls. Therefore, it’s recommended to regularly review the content ratings on their profiles and adjust them accordingly to reflect their evolving needs.
Watching Disney Plus from abroad: FAQs
Can I use a free VPN with Disney+?
You technically could, but we wouldn’t advise it. Free VPNs are often blocked outright by major streaming services, and as they tend to have more users than their networks can support, their speeds are usually sub-par. This means that you’ll likely experience stuttering, laggy playback, assuming you’re able to watch at all.
You should also be aware of the security risks that free VPNs pose. Recent studies have shown that a high percentage of free VPNs contain malware and perhaps more troubling, many don’t even bother encrypting the user’s traffic. Even if they do, there’s no guarantee that your free VPN provider isn’t selling details of your activities to advertisers. Using a reputable, privacy-first VPN is the best way to stay safe when streaming.
Does Disney+ block VPNs?
Disney+ definitely has some form of VPN-blocking built-in. However, as evidenced above, there are a few VPNs that still allow you to access the service from abroad. There’s no need to worry about whether you’ll be able to watch in future either, since traditionally, whenever a major streaming service upgrades its VPN-blocking ability, our recommendations find a workaround within a few days.
Which countries is Disney+ available in?
Disney+ is available in a massive amount of countries around the world. The service has been spreading into new markets consistently over the last three years and is now available in:
- The US
- The UK
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
- Isle of Man
- Wallis and Futuna
- French West Indies
- French Guiana
- New Caledonia
- Latin America
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
Is it legal to watch Disney+ with a VPN?
VPNs are actually legal in most countries. Further, their use isn’t explicitly forbidden in Disney+’s subscriber agreement. As such, you shouldn’t have any issues streaming Disney+ abroad with a VPN. If in doubt, we recommend reading up on the relevant legislation in your country before attempting to access Disney+ from an unsupported location.
What can I watch on Disney+?
It’s not just Disney movies on Disney+; there’s a wide range of popular shows and titles from various different networks. In fact, Disney itself posted a Twitter thread listing nearly 300 titles that were available at launch on the American version of Disney+.
Below, we’ve listed a few of the platform’s most popular titles. Better still, there are apps for Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Apple TV, PlayStation 4, and Xbox, so you can watch across all of your devices:
- Lady and the Tramp
- The Emperor’s New Groove
- The Simpsons
- The Mandalorian
- Captain Marvel
- The Muppets
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
Can I watch Disney Plus in HD with a VPN?
Almost certainly! Disney’s own guidelines recommend a 25 Mbps connection for streaming 4K content but if you’re only interested in watching HD video, this requirement drops to just 5 Mbps.
In other words, you shouldn’t have any issues unless your base internet connection is very slow or your VPN has an unusually large impact on your speeds. We recommend you contact customer support in the event of any issues, since staff should be able to point you to a faster server.
Will a VPN for Disney+ cause buffering?
Buffering occurs because you’re trying to process more data than your connection can handle. In other words, your internet speeds are too slow.
While it’s true that a VPN will almost always reduce your speeds to some degree, Disney+ only requires around 5 Mbps for HD video. This means that you shouldn’t notice any buffering, provided you get speeds of 10 Mbps or better when the VPN is turned off.
4K video has a far higher speed requirement, at 25 Mbps. If you notice buffering when streaming 4K content, try connecting to a closer server, stopping any downloads that are running, or using one of your VPN’s streaming-optimized servers.
Can I stream live sports with Disney Plus?
Disney Plus is a streaming service that offers a collection of movies, shows, and more but does not offer live sports streaming. However, Disney Plus has a collection of sports movies you can watch.
If you are interested in streaming live sports, consider ESPN+. ESPN+ is a digital content streaming service owned by Disney that offers thousands of live sports events, including UFC, baseball, college basketball, soccer, golf, and more.
ESPN+ also offers exclusive sports coverage, events, and original sports programming. ESPN+ offers a monthly subscription for $9.99 or an annual subscription for $99.99. Additionally, you can bundle ESPN+ with Disney Plus and Hulu from $12.99 per month.
Can I use a free proxy with Disney Plus?
Yes, you can use a free proxy to unblock Disney Plus. However, it is not recommended.
First, using a proxy can be risky because it leaves your computer vulnerable to attack. Second, proxies often slow down your internet connection, which can be frustrating when watching a movie or TV show. Finally, proxies are not always reliable and may stop working without warning.
How much does a Disney Plus subscription cost?
The price of a Disney+ subscription varies by country. However, in the US you’ll pay $7.99 (USD) a month for a Basic plan. This option includes ads. Alternatively, there’s the Premium plan without ads which costs $10.99 monthly. This particular plan also lets you download content to watch on-the-go.
Note that in the US, there’s also a Disney bundle. For $9.99 a month, you can get Duo Basic which is made up of Disney+ and Hulu with ads. Alternatively, there’s Trio Basic (with ads) for $12.99 a month or Trio Premium (no ads on Disney+ or Hulu) for $19.99 monthly. The Trio plans consist of Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+.
Can I watch Doctor Who on Disney+?
Yes, you can watch the new Doctor Who specials and future episodes on Disney+. The 60th-anniversary specials, including The Star Beast, Wild Blue Yonder, and The Giggle, and premiered on Disney+ in late 2023.
The new season of Doctor Who, starting Ncuti Gatwa as the fifteenth Doctor, is set to premiere on Disney+ in 2024. However, Disney+ does not host the entire Doctor Who collection. For older seasons, you’ll need to check out other platforms like BBC iPlayer in the UK.
Can I watch Disney Plus in the Philippines?
Yes, the Disney Plus streaming service is available in the Philippines.
However, if you want to access the entire US Disney Plus content library, which includes more movies and shows than what’s currently available in the Philippines, you’ll need to sign up for a VPN.
Once you’ve installed it on your device, connect to a US-based server before heading over to Disney+’s website or app and creating an account. Happy watching!
See also: Disney+ vs Netflix vs Amazon vs Hulu
How to get Disney+ without a foreign payment method
While you can unblock the Disney+ website abroad using a VPN, you won’t actually be able to watch anything until you sign up. This requires you to have a payment method that’s linked to an address in a country where Disney+ has already launched. If you didn’t sign up before you went traveling, you will need to sign up from back home to gain access.
Here are a couple of the methods we’ve seen people use to access Disney+ abroad:
Method 1: Unblock Disney+ with an Apple ID
Note that this method only works if you have an iPad, iPhone, or Apple TV. You can change your iTunes region on other devices but will not be able to download apps this way.
- Start by opening the App Store.
- Next, log out of your account and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the flag icon and select United States.
- Create a new Apple ID but don’t bother adding a payment method.
- Purchase a digital iTunes gift card. Note that it has to be loaded with US dollars, or else this won’t work. You can buy American iTunes gift card codes directly on Amazon.com. Note that the lowest-value card available is $25 USD, so you might want to consider paying for a year of Disney+ access upfront (which costs $69.99).
- Once your code is emailed to you, head to the Account Settings page to redeem it.
- Connect to an American VPN server and download the Disney+ app from the Apple app store.
- Sign up to Disney+ in the app, using your iTunes balance to pay. You should now be able to use Disney+ from abroad without any problems.
Method 2: Unblock Disney+ with a Google account
This method should work with any Android device with access to the Google Play Store.
- First, connect to one of your VPN’s US servers.
- Go to the Google Play Store and create a new account (but don’t log in yet).
- Purchase a Google Play gift code from a reputable seller (these are available on Amazon.com). Remember: the card has to be loaded with US dollars as other currencies will not be accepted.
- You’ll soon receive the gift code via email. You can then either click the link in the email (if you’re on your phone) or key the code into the Google Play Store manually to redeem it. Note that while you’ll have to enter a valid US ZIP code, Google doesn’t actually verify whether you live there.
- Now, go into your device’s Settings menu and click on Accounts.
- Select Add Account, then Google, and add the account you created in step 2.
- Go back to the Google Play Store and sign in with your new account.
- Search for and install the Disney+ app, then sign up as normal. If you encounter an error during registration, force stop the app, then reopen it and you should be able to proceed.
- Finally, choose to pay with your Google account balance. From now on, whenever you connect to a US VPN server, you should be able to watch Disney+ abroad.