The trouble with traveling abroad is that you quickly discover that many of your favorite websites and services are geo-blocked. This is particularly the case with streaming services since these tend to be bound by strict copyright and licensing agreements. Fortunately, you can unblock geo-restricted content (including Singaporean TV channels) by connecting to a VPN.
A VPN lets you change your IP address and spoof your location. So how does this work? Simply, by connecting to one of your VPN’s servers in another country (such as Singapore), you can obtain an IP address from that location, tricking region-blocked websites into allowing you access. What’s more, the fact that your internet traffic is encrypted means you’re protected from hackers and snoopers.
Don’t have time to read the full reviews just yet? Here’s a short summary of the best VPNs for watching Singapore TV.
Best VPNs for Singaporean TV:
- ExpressVPN: The best VPN for Singapore TV. Servers across four Singaporean locations. Very fast, consistent speeds. Strong security and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: The best budget VPN. 130 servers in Singapore. Specialty P2P and obfuscated servers. Offers 24/7 support and operates a strict no-logs policy.
- CyberGhost: 60 servers in Singapore for streaming Singapore TV. Unlimited bandwidth. No-logs VPN with 6,000 servers globally. Connect seven devices at once.
- IPVanish: Use on up to 10 devices simultaneously. Good speeds for watching Singapore TV overseas. Easy-to-use apps and secure with a zero-logs policy.
- PrivateVPN: Fast servers for lag-free streaming of Singapore TV. User-friendly apps and live chat support. Connect up to six devices at once. Secure with encryption.
- Surfshark: Unlimited simultaneous connections. Unblocks popular Singapore TV platforms. 24/7 support. Secure with strict no-logs policy and Double VPN servers.
- Hotspot Shield: Good, consistent speeds for watching Singapore TV overseas. Uses encryption and offers 24/7 live chat support. Secure up to five devices at once.
How to watch Singapore TV abroad with a VPN
In order to watch Singapore TV abroad, you’ll need to connect to a VPN. The process of signup and setup shouldn’t take more than a few minutes:
Here’s how you can live stream Singapore TV online from overseas:
- First, sign up with a VPN that offers servers in Singapore. We particularly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Next, you’ll need to download and install the appropriate VPN app for your device. You may also have the option to download a browser extension if you prefer.
- Log in to the VPN app and connect to a server in Singapore. You’ll then have a new, temporary IP address for watching Singapore TV abroad.
- Go to a Singapore TV platform or streaming service. All content should now be unblocked and available to watch.
- Still having trouble? Try clearing your browser’s cookies before refreshing your browser. Alternatively, get in touch with your VPN’s support for further assistance.
TRY A PAID VPN FREE: If you’re only looking for short-term VPN coverage, feel free to take advantage of ExpressVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee. While this does require you to pay upfront, it’s a risk-free way to watch Swiss TV abroad, since if you’re not satisfied, you can cancel and claim a full refund.
What Singapore TV can I watch online for free?
With the help of a VPN, you can watch Singapore TV online free, from anywhere in the world. Here’s a list of some of the channels you’ll be able to stream for free:
- Channel 5
- Channel U
- Channel 8
Choosing the best VPNs for watching Singapore TV abroad
Not every VPN offers servers in Singapore. Indeed, even fewer services offer sufficient speeds for your to stream TV from Singapore lag-free. We found the best VPNs for watching Singapore TV by ensuring they offer the following:
- Fast, reliable servers in Singapore
- Strong security with encryption
- Live chat and email support
- Multiple simultaneous connections
- Easy-to-use desktop and mobile apps
- Risk-free with a money-back guarantee
Best VPNs for Singapore TV
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for watching Singapore TV online from abroad:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN has servers in CBD (Central Business District), Jurong, Marina Bay, and Sentosa, providing plenty of options when it comes to watching Singapore TV abroad. Overall, its network consists of some 3,000 servers in 94 countries. What’s more, it offers fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth for uninterrupted browsing and streaming. This is a reliable choice when it comes to unblocking and works well with Channel 5 and Suria.
It’s worth mentioning that ExpressVPN offers some of the best customer support of any VPN we’ve used. This is available 24/7 via live chat and email. With a single account, you can connect up to five devices simultaneously. It’s a highly secure service and uses 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection to keep your traffic hidden. If you’re concerned about privacy, know that ExpressVPN doesn’t keep any identifying logs of its users, allowing you to stay anonymous at all times.
An ExpressVPN subscription includes access to the apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. Browser extensions are available for Chrome and Firefox. Custom router firmware is also offered.
- Fast, consistent connections for streaming Singapore TV
- Unblocks the likes of Channel 5 and Vasantham
- Servers in 94 countries for unblocking content worldwide
- Live chat and email support is available 24/7
- Very strong security thanks to use of high-end encryption
- Can be used on up to five devices simultaneously
- One of the more expensive VPNs on the market
BEST VPN FOR SINGAPORE TV:ExpressVPN is our top recommendation. Offers fast speeds and reliable connections as well as strong unblocking ability. Works with Channel 5, Vasantham, and more. Excellent apps and 24/7 live chat support. Strong security with encryption. You can try it risk-free thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN offers around 130 servers in Singapore, making it easy to live stream Singaporean TV overseas. You’ll have the option of connecting to specialty P2P servers for optimized file-sharing, as well as obfuscated servers for bypassing network firewalls. If you’d like to unblock geo-restricted content worldwide, you’ll be happy to know that NordVPN has well over 5,500 servers in 59 countries. Aside from unblocking Channel 5, it unblocks Netflix US, BBC iPlayer, and many more popular services.
When you use NordVPN, you can secure up to six devices at once. What’s more, you’ll have access to 24/7 live chat and email support. This VPN service operates a strict no-logs policy and secures your data with 256-bit AES encryption. Aside from a kill switch and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks, NordVPN has Double VPN servers which encrypt your internet traffic twice for even greater protection.
If you sign up with NordVPN, you’ll be able to download apps for desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux) and mobile (Android and iOS). There’s also an app for Android TV and browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox. Manual configuration is required for use with routers.
- 130 servers in Singapore for streaming Channel 8 and Suria
- Specialty servers including those optimized for P2P file-sharing
- 24/7 support via live chat and email
- Connect up to six devices at once
- Offers a strict no-logs policy to protect your privacy
- Occasionally slow speeds
BEST BUDGET VPN:NordVPN has 130 servers in Singapore and 5,500 worldwide. Unlimited bandwidth for streaming Channel 8 and Suria. Offers 24/7 live chat support and allows up to six connections at once. Strict no-logs policy. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost is one of the faster VPNs on the market today. High-speed servers combined with unlimited bandwidth makes it an excellent choice for streaming Singapore TV. Indeed, with 60 servers in Singapore and over 6,000 more in another 88 countries, CyberGhost’s impressive network makes it ideal for watching TV wherever you are. You’ll be able to use this VPN to unblock the likes of Channel U and Channel 8 with no problems whatsoever.
If you have lots of devices to secure, you’ll appreciate that CyberGhost allows up to seven simultaneous connections per account. Connecting to a server offers excellent privacy protection. Security features include automatic ad-blocking and malware-scanning, 256-bit AES encryption, an automatic kill switch, and DNS leak protection. This is a no-logs VPN service which means that there is no collecting or storing of your IP address, browsing history, or even your connection timestamps.
Connect to a server in Singapore via CyberGhost’s apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available to download. To use it with routers, you’ll need to follow manual setup instructions.
- Unlimited bandwidth for streaming Channel 5 lag-free abroad
- 60 servers in Singapore and 6,000 worldwide for unblocking content
- Very strong security with encryption and strict no-logs policy
- Lets you secure up to seven devices simultaneously
- Includes 24/7 support via live chat
- Doesn’t work reliably in China or the UAE
LAG-FREE STREAMING:CyberGhost is fast and has 60 servers in Singapore. Unblock Channel 5 and CNA. 6,000 servers globally. Up to seven simultaneous connections per account. Very strong security with encryption and no-logs policy. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish has a server presence across dozens of countries including Singapore. Its consistent connections allow for streaming without issues such as lag and buffering. Indeed, this VPN successfully unblocks Singapore TV channels including Vasantham and CNA. When it comes to securing your devices, IPVanish lets you connect as many as 10 devices simultaneously. This makes it a particularly good choice for sharing with family.
You can connect to an IPVanish server in seconds. Indeed, apps include the option to automatically use to the fastest available server. You’ll likely appreciate this if it’s your first time using a VPN. Another advantage is that 24/7 live chat support is available. When it comes to your online security, IPVanish uses 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. Further, its zero-logs policy means you don’t need to worry about your personal information being shared with third parties.
To watch Singapore TV, simply connect to an IPVanish server via Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV. This VPN can be used with Linux and routers but requires manual configuration.
- Servers in dozens of countries including Singapore
- Unlimited bandwidth for browsing, streaming, and torrenting
- Lets you stream Channel U and CNA outside Singapore
- Allows up to 10 simultaneous connections per account
- Very secure thanks to encryption, kill switch, and zero-logs policy
- Doesn’t offer an app for Linux
CONNECT 10 DEVICES:IPVanish is a reliable choice for streaming Singapore TV, be it Channel 8 or Suria. Consistent connections and allows up to 10 simultaneous connections. 24/7 live chat support available. Operates a zero-logs policy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has a relatively small network of servers but these are spread across 60 countries, Singapore included. One of the main benefits of using this VPN is its excellent speeds. This is particularly the case when combined with its strong unblocking ability (it works with Channel 5 and Channel 8). PrivateVPN offers unlimited bandwidth which means you can stream and torrent without restriction.
This VPN’s apps are particularly user-friendly with the option of both simple and advanced menus. You’ll be able to use it to connect up to six devices at once. PrivateVPN has a strict no-logs policy and keeps your data secure with 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection. You also have the option of anonymous signup by using a burner email account and by paying for the service in Bitcoin.
Unblock region-blocked content with PrivateVPN’s apps which are available Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and iOS. While you can use this VPN with select routers, you’ll need to set this up manually.
- Very fast speeds for lag-free streaming of Suria and Channel 5
- Easy-to-use apps for desktop and mobile platforms
- Can be used on up to six devices at once
- Secures your data with its use of high-end encryption
- Live chat support and remote help and installation
- Small network of only 100 servers
- Doesn’t offer browser extensions or an app for Linux
BEGINNER-FRIENDLY:PrivateVPN has fast servers in Singapore for streaming Channel 5. Easy-to-use desktop and mobile apps as well as live chat support. Can be used on up to six devices at once. Protects your privacy with a no-logs policy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark stands out for offering unlimited simultaneous connections. This is particularly useful if you have lots of devices to secure. It has a network of approximately 1,700 servers in 63 countries. This includes Singapore, making this service perfect for unblocking channels such as Suria and Vasantham abroad. With consistent connections and unlimited bandwidth, you can stream in 1080p HD without having to worry about buffering or lag.
Another reason to consider Surfshark is its strong security. Headquartered in the British Virgin Islands, this VPN isn’t subject to any data retention laws. Besides, it operates a strict no-logs policy. Other security features include 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. You can even connect to Surfshark’s MultiHop (Double VPN) servers for an extra layer of encryption.
Surfshark offers easy-to-use apps for the following operating systems: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV. You’ll also find Chrome and Firefox browser extensions. Surfshark can be used with select routers but manual setup is needed.
- Strong unblocking ability — works with Channel 5 and Channel 8
- Unlimited simultaneous connections per account
- Offers 24/7 live chat and email support
- Very strong security with a strict no-logs policy and an ad blocker
- Some servers are on the slow side
STRONG SECURITY:Surfshark has servers in 61 countries, including Singapore. Works with Channel 5 and Channel U. Easy-to-use apps and browser extensions. 24/7 support. Security includes a no-logs policy and Double VPN servers. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Hotspot Shield offers a quick and easy way to get a Singapore IP address for watching Singapore TV abroad. It unblocks Channel 5, Channel U, and CNA. A network of 3,200 servers in 80 countries (including the US) means you can also use Hotspot Shield to watch the likes of Amazon Prime Video and Hulu. Consistent server speeds and unlimited bandwidth allows for uninterrupted streaming.
This VPN offers particularly good customer support which you can contact 24/7 via live chat. A single subscription lets you secure as many as five devices simultaneously. If you’re concerned about privacy, know that Hotspot Shield doesn’t keep any logs by which you can be personally identified. Indeed, there’s also 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch, ensuring your data cannot be compromised.
To use Hotspot Shield, simply connect to one of the apps for Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS. This service can be manually installed on select routers and a browser extension is available for Chrome. However, no support is offered for Linux.
- Watch Channel U and Vasantham outside Singapore
- Unlimited bandwidth for uninterrupted streaming
- 24/7 live chat support available
- Keeps your data secure with encryption and kill switch
- Questionable privacy record
- Doesn’t support Linux
24/7 LIVE CHAT SUPPORT:Hotspot Shield lets you stream Channel 5, CNA, and more. 3,200 servers in 80 countries. Includes excellent 24/7 live chat support and lets you connect five devices at once. Secures your data with encryption. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Hotspot Shield review.
Can I watch Singapore TV abroad with a free VPN?
Free VPNs aren’t very reliable when it comes to unblocking Singapore TV such as Suria and Channel 8. However, this is particularly the case with major streaming services such as Netflix and Disney+. Another common issue with free VPNs is that they’re too slow for streaming. Offering too few servers for the number of users they attract, many free VPNs resort to throttling bandwidth in order to manage this.
You’ll also notice that free VPNs are very simple and lacking in features. It’s unlikely you’ll have the option of specialty P2P and Double VPN servers. Furthermore, if you encounter an issue, you won’t have the advantage of live chat support. Security features are also spread thin. For example, your data may not be secured with high-end encryption. Be wary of free VPNs that claim to offer a no-logs policy — some log and sell your data to third parties.
What Singapore content can I stream with a VPN?
Once you’re connected to a VPN server in Singapore, you’ll gain a Singapore IP address and be able to watch popular TV shows including the following:
- Code of Law
- The Pupil
- Point of Entry
- Last Madame
- Lion Mums
- The Intruder
See also: Best VPNs for Singapore
- 1 How to watch Singapore TV abroad with a VPN
- 2 What Singapore TV can I watch online for free?
- 3 Choosing the best VPNs for watching Singapore TV abroad
- 4 Best VPNs for Singapore TV
- 5 1. ExpressVPN
- 6 2. NordVPN
- 7 3. CyberGhost
- 8 4. IPVanish
- 9 5. PrivateVPN
- 10 6. Surfshark
- 11 7. Hotspot Shield
- 12 Can I watch Singapore TV abroad with a free VPN?
- 13 What Singapore content can I stream with a VPN?