Canal 13, or Channel 13, is a free-to-air Chilean television channel. Its online platform offers lots of programming options, but it’s geo-restricted, meaning you can only watch Canal 13 if you have an IP address from Chile. If you try to log in with a non-Chilean IP address, you’ll be greeted with the following message:
“Crossdomain access denied”
The best way to watch Canal 13 is by using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). VPNs encrypt your internet connection and divert all traffic via a server in a location that you pick. So even if you’re traveling or currently living outside Chile, all you have to do is select a server in the South American country, and you’ll be assigned a local IP address. As a bonus, the encryption element of VPNs means it’s practically impossible for anyone to snoop on your online behavior.
If you want to go straight to our recommendations, these are our top 5 options to unblock Canal 13 from abroad:
Best VPNs for streaming Canal 13
- ExpressVPN: Our #1 pick to stream Canal 13. Offers military-grade encryption, fast speeds, and consistent customer support.
- NordVPN: Impressive server network, leakproof connections, and a budget price means it’s a valuable option to watch Canal 13.
- CyberGhost: One of the fastest VPNs on our list and proven to unblock most geo-restricted streaming services.
- Surfshark: Unlimited number of simultaneous connections, fast speeds, and good unblocking capabilities.
- PrivateVPN: Small but powerful provider that’s gained a reputation for fast streaming and unblocking. Excellent encryption standards.
We’ve based our list of the top VPNs to unblock Canal 13 on the following factors:
- Fast and stable connection with maximum uptime
- Ability to stream HD video
- Servers in Chile
- Apps for all the popular platforms — iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows
- Strong encryption so your location is hidden
- Provision for simultaneous connections with one account
Best VPNs to watch Canal 13
Check out the VPNs we’ve chosen as the best for Canal 13:
ExpressVPN is our first choice and a fan favorite due to its superior speeds and robust encryption, as well as a sizeable server network. It currently offers over 3,000 server options across the world, with options in Chile.
This provider offers unlimited bandwidth, which means HD streaming is a breeze with little to no buffering. Plus, it’s easy to set up and use so you can be online in a matter of seconds.
Not only will ExpressVPN open up Canal 13 outside Chile easily, but it’ll also safeguard your connection at the same time. All user traffic is protected by 256-bit AES encryption, an internet kill switch, split tunneling, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks. Plus, ExpressVPN doesn’t log any personally identifiable information.
You can use this service to connect up to three devices with one account. Customer support is available both through email and live chat, whenever you need it. We’ve always found it to be friendly and assistive.
Apps are available for all platforms – Android, iOS, MacOS, Linux, and Windows. Some select router apps are also offered.
- High speeds for downloading and video streaming
- One of the best all-around VPNs
- Unblocks major streaming sites, e.g. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer
- 24-hour live chat support, 7 days a week
- More than 3,000 servers in 94 countries
- Other providers are slightly less expensive
BEST VPN TO UNBLOCK CANAL 13:ExpressVPN is our top choice and an excellent option if you’re looking to stream Canal 13 securely. Try it risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Here’s our review of ExpressVPN.
Special Offer - get 3 months extra FREEGET DEAL
NordVPN has a colossal server network with over 5,200 spread across the globe, including four servers in Chile. You shouldn’t experience any problems when it comes to unblocking Canal 13 from abroad.
This provider is proven to work with many popular streaming services, including Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Go. NordVPN enables you to select servers optimized for specific tasks such as HD streaming, double VPN, and P2P file sharing.
Another reason to opt for NordVPN is its range of security features. First up is its ‘no-logs’ policy which means it’s impossible for anyone (including internal staff) to eavesdrop on user behavior. Next, it utilizes 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and an adblocker, and protects you from DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks.
A single account allows for up to six devices to be connected at a time. Customer support via live chat is available 24/7 and you can use the service on Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, and iOS.
- Military-grade 256-bit encryption for great privacy
- Unblocks most popular geo-locked streaming services
- Offers 24/7 live chat
- Extensive range of international servers
- Connections through the desktop app can be slow
BUDGET OPTION:NordVPN is reliable, fast, and consistent. It’s an affordable option too. Try it with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of NordVPN.
Save 70% with this limited deal on 3 year plansGET DEAL
CyberGhost is an extremely fast VPN service and with its 10 servers in Chile, you’re guaranteed a speedy connection to stream Canal 13 safely.
The service is optimized for beginner users and comes with easy-to-use apps that are quick to set up. All user traffic is protected with 256-bit AES encryption, a ‘no-logs’ policy, anti-malware defense, an adblocker, and an internet kill switch.
CyberGhost is proven to unblock lots of streaming services including Netflix US, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer. It offers unlimited bandwidth so there’s no lag when it comes to HD streaming. One account allows for seven devices to connect simultaneously.
CyberGhost apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS. There are browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox. Customer support is available 24/7.
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Good server representation in the US
- Fast, reliable service
- Beginners find their apps easy to set up and use.
- Lack of configuration options will frustrate power users
INTUITIVE AND SIMPLE:CyberGhost is easy to set up and has superior unblocking capabilities. Try it with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of CyberGhost.
Flash Sale - save 79% on the 3 year planGET DEAL
Surfshark doesn’t have the ingrained reputation that stems from years in the VPN business, but it’s giving established providers a real run for their money. It’s not too pricey, is able to unblock many streaming services, including Netflix, and has excellent customer support.
Surfshark currently offers more than 800 servers in 50 countries with Chile included in the list. Since it’s a new provider, we expect the number of servers to go up in the near future.
The service comes with unlimited data streaming and no bandwidth restrictions and allows torrenting. All web traffic is secured via 256-bit encryption, perfect forward secrecy, an internet kill switch, and DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection. Additional features include an ad and malware blocker as well as a split tunneling feature. Surfshark doesn’t log any user data.
One of the most compelling reasons to opt for the service is the fact that it allows an unlimited number of devices to connect under one plan.
Apps are available for MacOS, Windows, iOS, and Android.
- Provides a secure, encrypted connection
- Allows unlimited devices
- Steady, reliable speeds
- A relatively small server network
IDEAL FOR STREAMING:Surfshark is reliable and will enable you to stream Canal 13 without any problems. Try it with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of Surfshark.
Special Deal - save 83% on the 2 year planGET DEAL
PrivateVPN doesn’t strive to offer a massive server network and focuses on the quality of connections as opposed to quantity. Nonetheless, you will still find a sprinkling of servers in most major countries, including one (virtual) server in Chile.
This provider’s standout feature is its fast speeds and excellent unblocking capabilities. It’s able to unblock Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO Go among a host of services.
PrivateVPN guards your online privacy with 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and an internet kill switch. What’s more, it doesn’t log any user data and allows six devices to connect with one account.
Its friendly and well-designed apps make the process of connecting to a VPN server very easy and painless. They’re available for Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS. Customer support is available through live chat but only accessible during European business hours.
- Strong security and privacy protection features
- Very fast speeds
- Can connect up to six devices simultaneously
- Fewer servers to choose from than other providers higher on this list
- Live chat is not around the clock
STREAMING AND UNBLOCKING VPN:PrivateVPN is an excellent choice for streaming geo-restricted media like Canal 13. All plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of PrivateVPN.
Special Deal - save 83% on the 2 year planGET DEAL
Will a free VPN help me access Canal 13?
All VPN services aren’t created equal. As such, free VPNs come with a fraction of the same features and supporting functions that are a hallmark of paid options. Some of these are:
Limited server options
Free VPNs aren’t in the habit of updating their server lists and adding new regions. Most of them will give you a choice of only a handful of servers. Since Chile is a fairly niche location for a VPN provider, we don’t expect many free services to offer servers in the South American country.
Lack of unlimited bandwidth and data
One of the reasons to opt for paid providers is that they don’t throttle your connection or restrict the amount of data on offer. Free VPNs, on the other hand, take on far more users than their existing network can support. This results in slow speeds, data caps, and the possibility of wait times to connect to a server.
Invasive advertisements and data tracking
Free VPNs only come across as free because there’s no upfront cash payment required. But what that often translates to is a highly invasive user experience — expect to be bombarded with spammy advertisements and frequent interruptions to upgrade to a paid plan. Some providers take this a step further and actively track your browsing habits in order to sell to third-party advertisers.
A 2016 study on free VPN apps on the Android app store found that 75% of them tracked user data and 38% contained malware of some kind. So, by installing a free VPN app, you’re setting yourself up for a privacy disaster.
Non-existent customer support
Paid providers have robust mechanisms in place to troubleshoot any problems you might encounter while trying to stream geo-restricted media. This typically includes live customer support and even remote monitoring and management. Free providers, however, won’t go the extra mile to assist you. As such, attempting to stream Canal 13 can be a frustrating experience.
Paid providers ensure that your digital footprint remains hidden and streaming geo-restricted media is a breeze.
How do I watch Canal 13 with a VPN?
As we mentioned earlier, Canal 13 can only be accessed with an IP address from Chile. Here’s how to set it up and start streaming your favorite content:
How to watch Canal 13 with a VPN
- Register and sign up for a suitable VPN (our recommendation is ExpressVPN).
- Once the payment formalities are out of the way, download relevant apps for your device. Do so either directly from the provider’s site or an app marketplace.
- Select a server in Chile. Click connect and wait for a stable connection.
- Navigate to Canal 13’s website. There’s no registration required. All the content should be accessible.
- Don’t panic if you still come across an error message. Just clear your browser cache and cookies to remove old location identifiers and try again.
What can I watch on Canal 13?
Canal 13 offers a number of live channels and pre-recorded shows. Some of these are:
- Dark River
- Let’s Continue With Largo
See also: Best VPNs for Chile
- 1 Best VPNs to watch Canal 13
- 2 1. ExpressVPN
- 3 Special Offer - get 3 months extra FREE
- 4 2. NordVPN
- 5 Save 70% with this limited deal on 3 year plans
- 6 3. CyberGhost
- 7 Flash Sale - save 79% on the 3 year plan
- 8 4. Surfshark
- 9 Special Deal - save 83% on the 2 year plan
- 10 5. PrivateVPN
- 11 Special Deal - save 83% on the 2 year plan
- 12 Will a free VPN help me access Canal 13?
- 13 How do I watch Canal 13 with a VPN?
- 14 What can I watch on Canal 13?