Let’s face it – not all VPNs are created equal. Nowhere is this more obvious than when you’re trying to access Netflix, many VPNs struggle to do the job, and many are just not up to the task.
Unfortunately, VPNArea is one of the blocked providers. But don’t you worry, my binge-watching friend! In this guide, we’ll dive into probable causes, fixes, and some alternative VPN options to help you get back to streaming your favorite shows in no time.
Why is VPNArea not working with Netflix?
There are a few different reasons why your VPN might not be working with Netflix. Here are some common causes that you should be aware of:
- Netflix’s VPN Ban: This ban has been known to detect and block connections from VPN Area servers.
- Outdated VPN Software: You know how your phone prompts you to update your apps regularly? Well, VPNs are the same way. They regularly release updates to stay ahead of VPN detection methods used by streaming services like Netflix. If your VPN Area software is outdated, it may no longer be capable of bypassing Netflix’s VPN ban.
- Slow Internet Connection: If you have a slow internet connection, it can affect the performance of your VPN and lead to frustrating buffering issues that can ruin your viewing experience.
- Wrong Server Location: If you’ve selected the wrong server location, Netflix may detect you using a VPN and block your access to their content. Make sure to choose a server location optimized for streaming and within the region where the content you want to access is available.
These are some of the potential causes of Netflix blocking VPNArea. But don’t worry, we’re not leaving you stranded. We have some tricks up our sleeves to help you bypass these pesky restrictions and get back to your favorite shows quickly.
How to fix VPNArea not working with Netflix
If you’re experiencing issues accessing Netflix with VPNArea, it’s time to put on your detective hat and try some solutions.
- Firstly, try switching to a different server location within the VPN Area app. This will help you to connect to a server that Netflix’s VPN ban may not detect.
- Another potential solution is to disable location services on your device. For example, Netflix uses your device’s GPS location to determine your location and may block VPNs, not in the same area. So say goodbye to Big Brother and hello to your favorite shows by disabling your location services.
- Clear your cache and cookies if those solutions don’t do the trick. It’s like a reset button for your browser and VPN settings, ensuring everything is up-to-date and working correctly.
If none of these solutions work, it may be time to say farewell to VPN Area and switch to a VPN that can bypass Netflix’s restrictions. Our recommended VPN is NordVPN.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Netflix with no restrictions for a month—great if you want to binge your favorite show or are going on a short trip.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you, and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
How to Access Netflix with NordVPN
Alright, it’s time to grab your popcorn while we show you how to access Netflix using NordVPN.
- First, sign up for NordVPN using this link for a heavily discounted subscription. If you’re not feeling NordVPN, then Surfshark and ExpressVPN are great alternatives too.
- Open the NordVPN app and select a server location where Netflix is available.
- Once connected to the server, open your web browser and navigate to the Netflix website.
- Next, log in to your account, hit play, and you should now be streaming your favorite shows and movies with NordVPN.
Watching Netflix with a VPN: FAQs
Is it legal to use a VPN to access Netflix?
Using a VPN to access geo-restricted services like Netflix is not illegal. However, it does go against Netflix's terms of service and you could, in theory, find your account blocked. That being said, Netflix does not spend its time banning accounts for using VPNs, it's far more likely that you'll just get the Netflix Error message and have to switch servers. Instead, it uses technical means to detect IP addresses associated with VPNs and blacklists them to prevent users from being able to watch iPlayer abroad. This is why only a few VPNs work and why it is essential to use a recommended VPN that knows how to stay one step ahead of those blocks.
Can I use any VPN to access Netflix?
Unfortunately, no. Not all VPNs can bypass Netflix's tricky VPN ban. You need a VPN that knows how to stay one step ahead, like NordVPN or the other VPNs we recommend here.
Is VPNArea safe to use?
Absolutely! VPNArea uses the latest encryption protocols and has a strict no-logs policy, so your data and online activity remain secure. If you still have concerns, check out our detailed review of VPNArea.