You’ve almost certainly come across geo-restricted websites and services. One of the most frustrating things about traveling abroad is finding that your favorite streaming service or news site isn’t available in your location. Quite often, this is due to copyright. In some cases, restrictions may be due to government censorship or for security reasons (such as access to online banking accounts being blocked to prevent fraud). Whatever the situation, using a VPN to get an IP address for the Bahamas can help you access your favorite Bahamian services while traveling abroad.
A VPN is a service that allows you to connect to servers in other locations. When you connect, your data travels via a secure, encrypted tunnel to the server in question, allowing you to browse the web securely. In connecting to a server, you’re assigned a new (but temporary) IP address based on where your chosen server is. As such, you can get an IP address for the Bahamas by connecting to a VPN server in the Bahamas. This makes it appear as if you’re browsing from that location, allowing you to access restricted websites as usual.
How to get an IP address for the Bahamas using a VPN
No matter which VPN from this post you choose, the process of signing up and setting up couldn’t be simpler. Indeed, you should be ready to go in a matter of minutes.
Here’s how to get an IP address for the Bahamas:
- First, you’ll need to sign up with one of the VPNs listed (some of the very few VPNs that offer servers in the Bahamas). We particularly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Now you’ll be able to download and install the appropriate app for your device. Depending on the VPN, you may have the option of using a browser extension.
- Open up the VPN app and connect to a server in the Bahamas. In doing so, you’ll receive a Bahamas IP address so you can unblock content from the country.
- Go to the geo-restricted website or service. All content that was blocked should now be available in your location.
- If it’s still blocked, you may need to clear your browser’s cookies. Another option is to connect to a different server. Otherwise, try contacting your VPN’s support.
TRY A PAID VPN FREE: Not quite ready to commit? You can always take advantage of ExpressVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee. You’ll need to pay upfront but then have a full 30 days to request a full refund if you change your mind.
Looking for the best VPN for while you’re traveling within the Bahamas? Take a look at our dedicated post on the best VPNs for the Bahamas.
Further below, we’ve provided full reviews of the best VPNs for getting an IP address for the Bahamas. Below is a short summary of each in case you don’t have time to read the full post.
Best VPNs to get a Bahamas IP Address:
- ExpressVPN: The best VPN for an IP address for the Bahamas. 3,000+ servers in 94 counties. Fast speeds with strong unblocking. Highly secure with encryption. 24/7 live chat support.
- CyberGhost: Best value VPN. Over 6,000 servers in 90 countries including the Bahamas. Unlimited bandwidth and up to 7 simultaneous connections. Strict no-logs policy included.
- Hotspot Shield: Offers servers in 80 countries, the Bahamas included. Easy to use with 24/7 live chat support. Uses encryption and doesn’t keep identifying logs of users.
- ZenMate: Unlimited simultaneous connections per account. Servers in the Bahamas for watching ZNS-TV. Security features include encryption and a kill switch.
While there aren’t many VPNs that provide servers in the Bahamas, there are still a number that we simply cannot recommend. The VPNs in this post were selected for meeting all of the following criteria:
- Fast and reliable servers in the Bahamas
- Strong unblocking for accessing geo-restricted content
- Secures data with the highest level of encryption
- Customer support via live chat or email
- Doesn’t keep any identifying logs of users
- Multiple simultaneous connections per account
Best VPNs for getting an IP address for the Bahamas
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN is one of only a small number of VPNs to have servers in the Bahamas. This isn’t too surprising when you consider the size of its server network. In total, there are more than 3,000 servers across 94 countries. This is far more than most VPNs you’ll find. Better still, you can expect very fast server speeds as well as unlimited bandwidth, making ExpressVPN an excellent choice for streaming ZNS-TV outside the Bahamas.
When it comes to ExpressVPN’s apps, you’ll find them to be responsive and easy to navigate. There’s the option to connect up to five of your devices simultaneously, plus 24/7 live chat and email support are also available. Data is secured with 256-bit AES encryption as well as a kill switch and DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection. ExpressVPN lets you browse anonymously because it doesn’t keep any logs by which you can be identified.
To use ExpressVPN, you’ll need to download an app for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, or Linux. You also have the option of using a Chrome or Firefox browser extension if you prefer. There’s even custom firmware for use with wireless routers.
- 3,000+ servers in 94 countries including the Bahamas
- Fast, reliable speeds and unlimited bandwidth for streaming ZNS-TV
- Provides 24/7 support via live chat as well as email
- High level of security with encryption and kill switch feature
- Doesn’t keep any logs by which you can be identified
- Excellent, beginner-friendly apps and browser extensions
- A little pricier than most of its rivals
BEST VPN FOR A BAHAMAS IP ADDRESS:ExpressVPN is our first choice. 3,000+ servers in 94 countries including the Bahamas. Unblocks the likes of Netflix and ZNS-TV. Fast server speeds and unlimited bandwidth. Highly secure with 24/7 support. You can try it risk-free thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost has one of the largest server networks of any VPN with approximately 7,000 servers in 90 countries, the Bahamas included. As such, it’s suitable for unblocking geo-restricted content from around the world. Speeds are perfectly suitable for streaming and there’s even unlimited bandwidth, meaning you won’t have to contend with lag. With CyberGhost, you can secure as many as seven devices at the same time via a single account.
This is one of the most secure VPNs we’ve tested. It operates a strict no-logs policy and uses 256-bit AES encryption as well as DNS and IPv6 leak protection. However, there are plenty of other security features including an automatic kill switch and options for blocking ads, trackers, and malware. If you need any assistance, you’ll have access to 24/7 support which is available via live chat and email.
When you sign up with CyberGhost, you’ll have access to apps for the following: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Browser extensions are offered for Chrome and Firefox. However, to use it with routers, you’ll have to install it manually.
- Approaching 7,000 servers in 90 countries, the Bahamas included
- Fast servers and unlimited bandwidth for lag-free streaming
- Can be used on up to seven devices at the same time
- Knowledgable live chat support available 24 hours a day
- Very strong security thanks to encryption and strict no-logs policy
- Unable to bypass the Great Firewall of China
BEST VALUE VPN:CyberGhost has roughly 7,000 servers in 90 countries. Includes servers in the Bahamas. Good speeds for streaming and lets you connect seven devices at once. Very strong security with a strict no-logs policy. 24/7 live chat support. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Hotspot Shield provides an estimated 1,800 servers in 80 countries. This includes servers in the Bahamas that allow you to get a Bahamas IP address. With it, you can expect good, consistent speeds as well as unlimited bandwidth. As such, you can use this VPN not only for browsing, but for streaming TV from the Bahamas while traveling abroad. Hotspot Shield also unblocks a variety of international streaming services including Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer.
This is a VPN service that offers 24/7 support, which you have the choice of contacting via live chat or email. Its apps are easy to use and you can connect up to five of your devices simultaneously. Once connected, 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection ensure your data’s security. Hotspot Shield states that it doesn’t record any identifying logs of its users, meaning you can effectively browse anonymously.
Hotspot Shield offers apps for the following operating systems: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. If you prefer, there’s a browser extension for Chrome. Manual setup instructions are provided for using this VPN with routers.
- Servers in 80 countries including the Bahamas
- Unblocks ZNS-TV as well as Amazon Prime Video
- Live chat support is available 24/7
- Secures your data with the highest level of encryption
- Doesn’t accept Bitcoin
UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH:Hotspot Shield offers servers in 80 countries and has unlimited bandwidth for streaming and torrenting. Includes 24/7 support via live chat. Secures data with encryption and doesn’t keep identifying logs of users. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Hotspot Shield review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 days
ZenMate has an ample network of nearly 3,000 servers. These cover nearly 80 countries including the Bahamas. This is a decent option for streaming thanks to its consistent unblocking of the likes of Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer. It’s also worth knowing that, unlike some VPNs, ZenMate allows torrenting. One of the standout features however is that it allows unlimited simultaneous connections per account.
There are a number of security features in place that make ZenMate a secure option for browsing the web. In particular, 256-bit AES encryption ensures your data cannot be compromised by hackers and snoopers. Furthermore, there’s built-in protection from DNS leaks while a kill switch is also available on the various apps. According to ZenMate, it has a strict no-logs policy and never keeps any record of the activity of its users.
Secure all of your devices via the ZenMate apps for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. You’ll also find browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox. If you’d like to use it with Linux or your router, you’ll need to configure this manually.
- Large network of roughly 3,000 servers
- Reliable unblocking of the likes of Netflix and BBC iPlayer
- Unlimited simultaneous connections per account
- Variety of security features including encryption and kill switch
- Occasionally slow server speeds
- No live chat support available
UNLIMITED DEVICES:ZenMate allows unlimited simultaneous connections and provides some 3,000 servers in 80 countries. Unblock Bahamas TV abroad as well as Netflix. Security features include encryption and a kill switch. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ZenMate review.
Getting an IP address for the Bahamas: FAQs
Why might I need an IP address for the Bahamas?
The main reason to get an IP address for the Bahamas is to access online content from the Bahamas while abroad. This may be a specific streaming platform or a news article. You may also find that traveling abroad means you can’t access your online banking account for security reasons. However, by connecting to a server in the Bahamas, you’ll be able to hide your true location and access all of the above as normal.
When you’re in the Bahamas and want security, while still being able to browse local online content, a Bahamas IP address is the way to go. By changing your IP address, you can separate your identity from your online activity, which lets you browse anonymously. Getting an IP address for the Bahamas via a VPN also ensures your data is encrypted. This prevents it from being read by snoopers and if your VPN follows a strict no-logs policy, there won’t be any data to be shared or stolen even after your session ends.
Can I use a free VPN to get an IP address for the Bahamas?
With so few paid VPNs providing servers in the Bahamas, finding viable free VPNs is something of a challenge. Besides, free VPNs aren’t known for their speed which can be problematic, particularly when streaming and torrenting. Indeed, some free VPNs will actually throttle your bandwidth, causing issues including lag and buffering. It’s also worth noting that free VPNs often offer poor unblocking and struggle with the likes of Netflix.
There’s another big reason why we advise you to avoid free VPNs. Unfortunately, the vast majority of free VPNs simply don’t provide a sufficient level of privacy protection. Some may be missing essential security features such as encryption or a kill switch. It’s also important to consider how a free VPN is making its money. Many do so by spamming you with ads while others log your browsing data before selling it to third parties.
Can I watch Bahamas TV abroad with a VPN?
Yes, by using a VPN to get an IP address for the Bahamas, you’ll be able to watch Bahamas TV from abroad. However, there really aren’t many options that provide their own live streams. You can access ZNS-TV from anywhere provided you’ve connected to a server in the Bahamas, though.
- How to get an IP address for the Bahamas using a VPN
- Best VPNs for getting an IP address for the Bahamas
- 1. ExpressVPN
- 2. CyberGhost
- 3. Hotspot Shield
- 4. ZenMate
- Getting an IP address for the Bahamas: FAQs
- Why might I need an IP address for the Bahamas?
- Can I use a free VPN to get an IP address for the Bahamas?
- Can I watch Bahamas TV abroad with a VPN?