ExpressVPN has launched an app tailor-made for Amazon Fire TV devices, and you can get it now on your second-generation-or-later Fire Stick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube. This lightweight VPN app can unblock geo-locked streaming services and hide your viewing activity from your ISP and other snoopers.
READER DEAL: Get 3 months free with ExpressVPN. Includes a 30 day money-back guarantee so you can try it risk free.
Here’s how to install ExpressVPN on Firestick in just a few minutes:
- From the Home screen, go to the magnifying glass in the top left corner to bring up the search bar.
- Search for “ExpressVPN” and select the first result
- Select the yellow Get button to download and install the app.
- When the installation completes, open the app by clicking the yellow button again, which now reads “Open“
- Assuming you already have an account, select the option to Sign in
- Click through the setup process by pressing OK when prompted to complete the configuration and set up a VPN connection
- You can choose whether or not to send anonymous diagnostic reports to ExpressVPN in the background. This is up to your personal preference.
- Click the large button with a power icon to initiate a connection to a nearby server, or select the smaller Choose location button to connect to a specific city or country
- You’re connected! The VPN will stay connected in the background while you use other apps.
Navigating to the left brings up a menu in which you can manage your account, tweak settings, refer a friend, and set up other devices.
ExpressVPN is a splendid provider that excels in every aspect. It can unblock a wide range of geo-locked sites and streaming channels, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and more. It pairs well with Kodi, a popular media player that’s frequently run on Firesticks.
ExpressVPN doesn’t keep any logs containing identifying information; that means no traffic logs or IP addresses. Security is top-notch, and the apps come packed with robust leak protection. Speeds are fast enough to keep you streaming without buffering in high quality.
Apps are also available for Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and certain wifi routers.
TRY IT RISK-FREE: Get 3 months free here with ExpressVPN’s annual plan. The deal includes a 30-day no-quibbles money-back guarantee so you’ll receive a full refund if unsatisfied.
See also: How to install Kodi on Firestick
ExpressVPN for older Fire TV devices
If you’re using an older Fire TV device, such as a first-generation Firestick, you may not be able to run a VPN that stays connected on the device. Luckily, ExpressVPN has you covered.
Every ExpressVPN subscription comes with MediaStreamer, a smart DNS proxy service that unblocks a lot of the same streaming channels as the VPN. You can replace your device’s default DNS servers in the wifi settings. This also works for other devices that don’t support VPNs, such as Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast.
Alternatively, you can configure the VPN on a router. ExpressVPN makes its own router firmware, which you can install for free if your router is compatible. Otherwise, you can purchase a “pre-flashed” router from ExpressVPN. Any devices connected to the router will have their internet traffic forwarded through the VPN.
The router firmware even comes with a split tunneling option, so you can choose which devices use the VPN and which don’t. All this versatility makes ExpressVPN a great option if you need to cover a lot of different types of devices.
The final option is to set up a VPN-protected wifi hotspot. Most laptops are capable of broadcasting their own wifi hotspots, which you can protect with a VPN. This video explains how to set up a VPN-protected wifi hotspot in Windows 10:
See also: How to install NordVPN on Firestick