Whether you’re native to Jamaica and traveling or simply want to access Jamaican content from your home location, a Virtual Private Network (VPN) can help you do just that. To get a Jamaican IP address, you will need a VPN that has servers in Jamaica.
Let’s cut to the chase. Our research has found that the only provider to offer a server in Jamaica is ExpressVPN. If you absolutely need a Jamaican IP address, we’d suggest you go with ExpressVPN. If you’re simply looking to improve your VPN speeds with a geographically close server, we’ve provided some alternative options. You can see a summary of our top picks below.
The best VPNs for users in Jamaica
- ExpressVPN: The best VPN for a Jamaican IP address. The only premium VPN with a server in Jamaica, giving you a genuine IP address. Provides access to over 3,000 servers in more than 94 countries, including several in and around the Caribbean. Includes a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: The best all-round VPN. While NordVPN doesn’t offer a Jamaican server, it has servers in nearby locations, including Costa Rica and Mexico. No logs, fast speeds, and excellent security with ad and malware blocking. TIP In our testing we found that the cheapest NordVPN plan (Standard) works perfectly for Jamaican servers.
- CyberGhost: CyberGhost has servers as nearby as Barbados, providing excellent speeds and great streaming support. An ad and tracker blocker are available in all its apps.
- AtlasVPN: A newer service with an excellent reputation that provides simple and intuitive apps. It offers fast speeds and allows unlimited simultaneous connections and has a server in Mexico to provide those in Jamaica with a low latency connection.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN FOR JAMAICA RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the #1 VPN with private DNS without restrictions for a month—great for security, streaming, and more!
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you, and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
Criteria for the best VPNs for a Jamaican IP
Below, you’ll find the criteria we used to choose the best VPNs with Jamaican servers:
- The VPN should provide access to VPN servers in Jamaica
- If no server is available, we use the physical distance to the next nearest server as our selection criteria.
- It should not log any identifying information about its users and their use of the service
- No-logging DNS servers
- DNS leak protection
- Robust and up-to-date encryption standards
- Easy-to-use and well-designed apps
- Fast, reliable connection speeds
- Decent-sized server network
- Torrenting support
- Streaming support (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc.)
The best VPNs with Jamaican servers
Here’s a detailed overview of each of our top VPN recommendations:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN is the only provider we know of that has physical servers in Jamaica, so if you’re after a genuine Jamaica IP address, this is the VPN we recommend. Its streaming support is excellent, and it posted great speeds in our latest tests.
ExpressVPN supports three secure VPN protocols: OpenVPN, Lightway, and IKEv2. Lightway is ExpressVPN’s custom VPN protocol, and is the fastest option. All three protocols are supported across its network of over 3000 VPN servers in 105 countries. Its apps are intuitive and easy to use.
Regarding security, ExpressVPN uses AES-256 encryption, 4096-bit RSA keys, and SHA256 authentication, and perfect forward secrecy. ExpressVPN’s servers run from volatile memory (RAM), guaranteeing no remnant data (logs) can exist on the system’s hard drives.
MediaStreamer is a bundled smart DNS service that can access region-locked streaming services on many devices that don’t support VPNs, such as game consoles and smart TVs. A kill switch is included in all of its apps, so you’re covered if the VPN ever disconnects. In our testing, ExpressVPN was not vulnerable to IP, DNS, or WebRTC leaks.
ExpressVPN makes apps for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, and some routers.
- Excellent speeds
- Comprehensive streaming support
- High security standards
- Large server network
- Very good privacy and security practices
- Doesn’t support ad and malware blocking
EASY-TO-USE:ExpressVPN's vast network consists of more than 3,000 servers in 105 countries and has Jamaica covered. High-speed connections to highly secure VPN servers, no-logging, smart DNS, and robust encryption. Easy-to-use apps. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our complete ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN doesn’t have servers in Jamaica, but it’s one of the best-known and best-loved VPNs on the market. With a server in Costa Rica, it can give you a regional IP address and reduce latency if you’re connecting from Jamaica. When connected, you’ll be using NordVPN’s no-logs, in-tunnel DNS servers for maximum privacy. You can enable ad and malware blocking in the app. Its network spans 5600 servers in 60 countries.
It’s based in Panama, a jurisdiction without mandatory data retention laws. NordVPN’s privacy and security practices set the bar for the rest of the industry. It adheres to a robust no-logging policy and doesn’t collect any information on your online activities or how you interact with its service.
It supports OpenVPN, NordLynx (WireGuard), and IKEv2 protocols – all very secure. NordVPN uses industry-best encryption. In our testing, the service wasn’t vulnerable to IP, DNS, or WebRTC leaks. Its apps include a kill switch, preventing your device from transmitting data if the VPN unexpectedly disconnects.
NordVPN is one of the fastest VPN providers available. It allows torrenting and can access a wide range of streaming services.NordVPN makes apps for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and Amazon FireTV. It also supports NAS devices and routers.
- Great speeds
- Strong privacy and security practices
- Private in-tunnel DNS servers
- Ads and malware blocker
- Extensive streaming support
- Jurisdiction has no mandatory data retention laws
- Only supports secure VPN protocols
- Desktop apps can sometimes be unresponsive
BEST VPN FOR JAMAICA:NordVPN is our top choice. It has several Jamaican servers, only supports secure VPN protocols, and doesn’t collect user logs. Its speeds are excellent. It provides no-logging DNS servers on all connections by default, and its DNS servers can block ads and trackers. NordVPN provides a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk-free.
Read our full NordVPN review.
CyberGhost is another of our top VPNs for Jamaica. While it doesn’t have a server on the island, it does have one a little over 1,200 miles away in Barbados. CyberGhost users benefit from excellent speeds over an extensive network of servers. CyberGhost is one of the fastest VPN providers we’ve tested. It offers a great torrenting and streaming experience as well, unblocking the likes of Netflix with ease.
CyberGhost’s strong no-logging policy ensures your data’s privacy, even under a court order. It only supports secure VPN protocols: OpenVPN, WireGuard, and IKEv2. It uses 256-bit encryption and 2048-bit keys with SHA256 authentication and perfect forward secrecy (PFS).
CyberGhost supplies secure, in-tunnel DNS servers by default. DNS-based ad and malware blocking can be toggled in all apps. The apps all include a kill switch as well. CyberGhosts did not suffer from IP, DNS, or WebRTC leaks in our testing.
CyberGhost makes Windows, macOS, Linux (CLI), iOS, and Android apps. Manual connections can be configured on supported routers.
- Great speeds
- Secured, in-tunnel DNS server by default
- Strict no-logs policy
- Ads and tracker blocker
- UK ownership may be problematic for some
- Apps are pretty basic
SPEEDY VPN:CyberGhost is a great VPN provider with access to Jamaican servers. It has excellent speeds, a strict no-logging policy, and includes an ad and tracker blocker. Torrenting and streaming are well supported, and a 45-day money-back guarantee backs all its subscriptions.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
AtlasVPN operates a moderately sized VPN network, with servers accross Latin America. It supports two VPN protocols, both of which are very secure: IKEv2 and WireGuard. The VPN boasts excellent speeds and great streaming support. Its apps, while somewhat basic, are intuitive and straightforward.
AtlasVPN uses AES-256-bit encryption for IKEv2 and ChaCha20-Poly1305 for WireGuard. All its apps include a kill switch, and all VPN connections over AtlasVPN’s network use private, no-logging DNS servers, which optionally support ad and malware blocking. AtlasVPN did not suffer any IP, DNS, or IPv6 leaks in our testing.
Unlimited simultaneous connections let you connect every device in your household. Atlas makes apps for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Amazon FireTV, and Android TV.
- Great speeds
- Uses secured, in-tunnel DNS servers by default
- Supports extra features like MultiHop and an ad and tracker blocker
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Client apps are a little bit basic, with limited settings exposed to users
UNLIMITED CONNECTIONS:AtlasVPN is another fine VPN choice for Jamaican servers. Its speeds and streaming support are excellent. It also comes with “bonus” features and lets you connect as many devices as you like. All its subscriptions include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Atlas VPN review.
How do you connect to a Jamaican VPN server?
Using a VPN to connect to a Jamaica server doesn’t require any special instructions beyond ensuring the server you selected from the list is located in Jamaica. So, the typical connection instructions will apply here:
- If you haven’t already done so, sign up for one of the VPN providers above. ExpressVPN is our top recommended choice.
- Download the provider’s app for your device.
- Refer to your provider’s setup instructions. It should be as simple as choosing a server located in Jamaica and tapping a “Connect” button. Your VPN provider can help you with any issues.
- That’s it. The VPN app remains connected in the background, and you’re accessing the internet with a Jamaican IP address.
You can now access content and services exclusive to Jamaica, such as streaming services, online banking, and more.
Methodology used for testing
Below are the criteria used to assess the VPNs we review. It’s essential to be consistent across the board so that our reviews are reasonably objective and that we’re not comparing apples to oranges. For that reason, we disclose our criteria.
- Server in Jamaica, or distance to nearest server – Because ExpressVPN is the only VPN with a server in the country, we used the distance to the next nearest server as our main selection criteria.
- Speed – Speed is one of the most crucial factors for any VPN. Aside from being annoying, slow speeds can prevent you from streaming or browsing the web. Our recommended VPNs scored very high in our most recent speed tests to ensure we address this issue.
- Multiple protocols – The VPN should support various secure VPN protocols because, in certain situations, one may be more beneficial. OpenVPN, for example, can use TCP, which can help to bypass restrictive firewalls in some cases. The majority of our recommended VPNs support IKEv2, OpenVPN, and WireGuard.
- Ease-of-use – The VPN needs to be easy to use and accessible to all, whether they’re tech-savvy or not. We ensure our recommended providers provide simple and straightforward apps so you can be up and running in minutes.
- Streaming services – Accessing streaming sites over a VPN is more challenging than ever. Many VPN providers claim to work on streaming sites, but their success rates can vary. Before recommending a VPN provider for streaming, we test VPNs against various popular streaming services, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Disney+, Hulu, etc.
- Torrenting – Many VPN users are avid file-sharers, but not all VPN providers allow torrenting over their network. Others provide dedicated P2P servers. We look at each VPN’s policy around torrenting and run tests to see how well they handle filesharing.
The above represents a high-level view of our methodology. For more details, look at our full VPN testing methodology. This data-driven approach helps us better understand the services to recommend the right VPN to different users.
Jamaican IP address FAQs
How can I make sure I'm getting a Jamaican IP address?
Checking your VPN IP address and its associated location is very simple. Follow the instructions below:
- Connect to the VPN.
- Go to Comparitech’s IP address check page.
- You should see the IP address and location of the VPN server.
- If not, you’re suffering from an IP address leak.
- Disconnect and reconnect your VPN and repeat the above test. If your IP address is still not that of the VPN server (or very similar), try connecting to a different server.
- If your IP address still does not reflect the VPN server you’re connected to, contact your provider for further assistance.
Are there free VPNs with Jamaican servers?
Not that we have come across during our research.
Will a VPN slow my connection down?
Yes. There’s no way around it. Any VPN will slow your connection down. A good VPN provider will limit the slowdown as much as possible. But none will eliminate it.
When you use a VPN, all your traffic must go through the VPN tunnel before going to its actual destination. That extra hop to the VPN server will inevitably slow you down. Add to that the fact that your traffic must also be encrypted and decrypted as you conduct your online activities. That will further slow you down.
But, as stated above, a good-quality, well-established VPN provider’s server network will have more available bandwidth and perform network optimizations to ensure its service provides the fastest possible speeds.