The average school network is somewhat restricted. A lot of online content (such as social media platforms and streaming services) is blocked. One reason for this is, understandably, to help students focus on their studies. However, such limits are often due to the school having limited bandwidth and trying to avoid excessively slow speeds. This means that you may not be able to play online games at school such as Tetris. Fortunately, we can explain how you can unblock Tetris at school with a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Quite simply, a VPN is a service that allows you to connect to a server in another location. In doing so, you’re assigned a different IP address. This makes it look like you’re accessing websites and services from another location, bypassing geographic restrictions (such as when you travel abroad). Thanks to the encryption of your data as it travels to the VPN server, your school won’t be able to see what you’re doing online or block your activity.
You can find reviews of all of the best VPNs for unblocking Tetris from school a little further down in this post. First, here’s a brief overview of each in case you’re short of time:
- NordVPN: The best VPN for unblocking Tetris at school. More than 5,000 servers. Fast, unthrottled speeds and P2P servers. No-logs VPN with 24/7 support. Also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: Best value VPN for Tetris. High-speed connections and strong unblocking (access Tetris and 30+ Netflix libraries). Unlimited connections as well as MultiHop servers.
- ExpressVPN: Servers in 94 countries. No bandwidth throttling for lag-free Tetris. Quality customer support 24 hours a day. Strong security thanks to encryption.
- CyberGhost: Largest network of servers (8,000 in 90+ countries). Fastest speeds tested means it’s ideal for playing Tetris from school. Use on seven devices at once.
- IPVanish: Very fast server speeds. Works with Tetris and Netflix US. Connect all of your devices simultaneously. Connect to a secure, encrypted server in seconds.
- PrivateVPN: Reliable unblocking of content (access Tetris and Netflix from school). Very fast speeds and highly secure. Protects privacy with a strict no-logs policy.
- Atlas VPN: Bypasses school network restrictions with ease. Play Tetris with low ping thanks to fast server speeds. Unlimited connections and MultiHop servers.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP TETRIS VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for unblocking Tetris with no restrictions for a month—great if you want to compare it with another VPN provider.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
How to unblock Tetris at school with a VPN
At first glance, it may appear complicated to bypass school internet restrictions. However, it’s actually very simple to unblock Tetris at school when you use a VPN.
Here’s how to unblock Tetris at school using a VPN:
- Select a reputable VPN service and sign up. We particularly recommend NordVPN.
- Next, you’ll need to download and install the VPN’s app. This shouldn’t take more than a minute or two.
- Open the VPN app and connect to a server. This may be a server in a specific location if your Tetris game is only available in certain countries. For example, you will need to connect to a US server for an American IP.
- Now you can try to play Tetris which should no longer be blocked.
- If you’re accessing Tetris via web browser, you may need to clear your cookies for the change to your location to register.
Best VPNs for unblocking Tetris at school
Needless to say, the VPNs we’ve covered in this post are all able to unblock Tetris at school. However, this alone doesn’t make a good VPN. There’s plenty more to consider such as the following:
- High-speed servers for lag-free gaming
- Encryption so school can’t see your online activity
- Strict no-logs policy for privacy protection
- Live chat and email support 24 hours a day
- Multiple simultaneous connections per account
- Risk-free money-back guarantee of at least 30 days
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for unblocking Tetris from school:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is strong in all areas, from speed to security. With more than 5,000 servers in 60 countries, it’s certainly well placed to unblock a wide range of games including Tetris. Indeed, this VPN service even works with difficult-to-access streaming services, be it Netflix or Amazon Prime Video. Speed-wise, NordVPN is one of the fastest VPNs we’ve tested and provides unlimited bandwidth. As such, you’ll be able to play with little to no lag.
This is a no-logs service and has been independently audited by PwC Switzerland to prove it. Furthermore, there’s an impressive array of security features such as 256-bit AES encryption, protection from DNS and IPv6 leaks, and a kill switch. You even have the option of Onion Over VPN and Double VPN servers which provide two layers of encryption. Should you need any help, live chat and email support are available to you 24 hours a day.
With NordVPN, you can secure up to six devices at the same time. This is possible via apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Browser extensions can be downloaded for Chrome and Firefox. Manual setup is required for routers.
- Large network of servers (5,000+ worldwide)
- Very fast speeds so you can game without lag
- Reliable unblocking of Tetris and many popular streaming platforms
- Connect to P2P, Double VPN, and Onion Over VPN servers
- Live chat and email support around the clock
- Privacy protection thanks to a strict no-logs policy
- Month-to-month plan is quite expensive
BEST VPN FOR UNBLOCKING TETRIS:NordVPN is our top choice for unblocking Tetris at school. Its strong unblocking, network of 5,000+ servers, and fast speeds make it more than ideal. No-logs VPN with 24/7 support. Allows six simultaneous connections. With the 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try NordVPN risk free.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark continues to expand its server network, which now stands at over 3,000 servers across 65 countries. This includes servers in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and Japan. As such, it’s unlikely that you’ll struggle to unblock Tetris at school. Indeed, Surfshark’s excellent at bypassing restrictions. It’s also compatible with the likes of Netflix and Disney+. It averaged 324 Mbps in our tests which is more than fast enough for gaming and streaming.
One of the ways in which Surfshark sets itself apart from most VPNs is its generous connection allowance. This is unlimited, which means you can secure all of your devices at once. Aside from 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch, Surfshark offers Surfshark One, an optional add-on with antivirus for Windows and Android. This no-logs service has 24/7 live chat and email support should you need them.
Surfshark offers apps for the following: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. If you prefer, you can connect to a browser extension (Chrome or Firefox). While you can use it with compatible routers, this does require manual configuration.
- Now offers more than 3,000 servers across 65 countries
- More than fast enough for online gaming (such as Tetris)
- Unlimited simultaneous connections per account
- MultiHop servers encrypt data twice for extra security
- 24-hour live chat and email support
- Sometimes slow to connect to servers
BEST VALUE VPN:Surfshark now offers more than 3,000 servers and unblocks Tetris as well as over 30 Netflix libraries. Connect all of your devices at once. MultiHop servers and 24/7 live chat and email support are available. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN stands out for having servers in more countries than any other VPN listed (3,000+ in 94 countries). That’s why we so often recommend this service if you regularly travel abroad. It’s a highly reliable choice for bypassing a variety of restrictions including censorship. Needless to say, it will have little trouble unblocking Tetris at school. When you play, you’ll be able to do so with low ping thanks to fast and unthrottled connections.
Aside from high-quality, beginner-friendly apps, ExpressVPN has around the clock live chat and email support. Upon connecting to a server, your data is secured with 256-bit AES encryption. There’s also a kill switch and DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection. ExpressVPN doesn’t keep any logs by which you can be identified as a user, making it easier for you to stay anonymous online. It also allows up to five simultaneous connections per account.
You’ll find ExpressVPN apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browser extensions are also available, as is custom firmware for routers, complete with interactive setup guide and an auto update feature.
- Offers servers in more countries than any VPN listed (94)
- Play Tetris and even stream Netflix
- Unlimited bandwidth so you can game without performance issues
- Quality customer support via live chat and email, 24/7
- Doesn’t keep any logs by which you can be identified
- One of the more expensive VPNs on this list
- Streaming servers aren’t labeled
SERVERS WORLDWIDE:ExpressVPN servers are available in 94 countries. Unblock Tetris from school and while traveling abroad. Fast, unthrottled connections. Stream Netflix lag and buffer-free. Has 24/7 support and doesn’t keep identifying logs. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost offers a combination of quantity and quality when it comes to its servers. That’s because it has a huge network of around 8,000 servers in 90+ countries while providing the fastest speeds we’ve tested. In fact, we recorded an average download speed of 548 Mbps. This is in part thanks to CyberGhost’s adoption of the WireGuard protocol. Of course, this means you’ll have no trouble playing Tetris at school (or streaming the likes of Netflix US).
You’ll be able to secure up to seven of your devices at once with a single CyberGhost subscription. This is also a highly secure service thanks to features such as 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and an automatic kill switch. If you’re on Windows, you’ll even benefit from an antivirus. Of course, CyberGhost also operates a strict no-logs policy while live chat and email support are contactable around the clock.
CyberGhost’s apps are available for desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux) as well as mobile (Android and iOS). There are also Amazon Fire TV and Android TV apps and browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox. However, use with routers requires manual setup.
- Very large server network (around 8,000 in 90+ countries)
- Fastest speeds of any VPN tested makes it ideal for gaming
- Secure up to seven of your devices at once
- Live chat and email support 24 hours a day
- Unable to bypass restrictions in China
- Can be limiting for advanced users
LOW PING GAMING:CyberGhost offers a highly impressive 8,000+ servers in 90 countries. It’s the fastest VPN tested so you can game and stream without lag. Lets you connect up to seven devices at once. Strict no-logs policy and 24/7 support. Comes with a generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish has a particularly large server presence in the US. Indeed, more than half of its servers are located in the country. Overall, some 2,000 servers are available globally across over 75 locations. Now that it has implemented the WireGuard protocol, it’s also a particularly fast VPN. It averaged 488 Mbps in our tests, making it highly suitable for online gaming, streaming, and torrenting. You can use it to unblock Netflix US as well as Tetris.
Your school won’t be able to see what you’re doing online because all internet traffic is routed through a 256-bit AES encrypted tunnel. Aside from this, you’re protected from DNS leaks while a kill switch prevents your data from becoming compromised should the VPN connection drop. Note that IPVanish also has a zero-logs policy and lets you connect as many devices as you like simultaneously. This makes it ideal for sharing with family.
Unblock Tetris while at school thanks to IPVanish apps for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. There’s even an Amazon Fire TV app while there’s the option to manually configure IPVanish to work with Linux or your home wi-fi router.
- Very large US presence (well over 1,000 servers)
- WireGuard protocol for fast speeds and lag-free Tetris
- Connect as many devices as you like simultaneously
- Zero-logs policy so nobody can see your data
- Operates out of the US which is a member of Five Eyes
- No anonymous payment options such as Bitcoin
UNLIMITED DEVICES:IPVanish is now one of the fastest VPNs on the market. Unblock Tetris and even Netflix US at school. Over 2,000 servers available in dozens of countries. Secure with a zero-logs policy and high-end encryption. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN is certainly suitable for playing online games such as Tetris. It’s one of the strongest unblockers of content we’ve used, bypassing the restrictions of gaming platforms as well as streaming services. You’ll have the option of servers in over 60 different countries while their fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth makes for a stress-free experience. We’ve successfully tested PrivateVPN with Netflix, Twitch, Facebook, and more.
Unlike many VPNs, which rent their servers, PrivateVPN owns its whole network. This means that it has greater control over who can access them, reducing the risk of third party interference. PrivateVPN is highly secure with 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection. Nobody can see your IP address or browsing data because PrivateVPN operates a true no-logs policy. 24/7 support is available, as is the option to pay anonymously in Bitcoin.
Connect to a PrivateVPN server and unblock Tetris at school via apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV. It can also be manually configured to work with select compatible routers.
- Unblocks many different online games including Tetris
- High-speed connections so you can play without issue
- Security includes military encryption
- Only has around 200 servers in all
- Live chat support isn’t available 24/7
BYPASS RESTRICTIONS:PrivateVPN easily navigates most restrictions you’re likely to come across. Fast speeds means uninterrupted online gaming. Works with Tetris, Netflix, and more. Strong privacy protection thanks to a strict no-logs policy. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Atlas VPN is a relative newcomer having only launched in 2019. Despite this, it has already amassed a network of over 700 servers which are available in dozens of countries. This allows you to access all of your favorite online content as normal when you travel abroad. It also means you can play Tetris at school without restriction. Server speeds are more than fast enough that you won’t have to contend with lag while playing.
The strength of Atlas VPN’s unblocking should also be noted. Whether it’s accessing Tetris, Netflix, or bypassing a Fortnite ban, it’s highly consistent. Aside from 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch, Atlas VPN has MultiHop servers. These provide two layers of encryption for extra security from security threats. Better still, this VPN even includes an ad, malware, and tracker blocker. 24/7 live chat and email support are also available.
Atlas VPN has apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. However, it doesn’t yet offer support for Linux or wireless routers.
- Particularly strong unblocking
- More than fast enough for playing Tetris online
- Connect an unlimited number of devices at the same time
- Smaller network of 700 servers
- No Chrome or Firefox browser extensions
MULTIHOP SERVERS:Atlas VPN can be used with online games and popular streaming services. Unblock Tetris and connect all of your devices at the same time. Offers an ad blocker and MultiHop servers for extra security. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Atlas VPN review.
Finding the best VPNs for unblocking Tetris at school: Methodology
It’s understandably frustrating to find you can’t play Tetris at school during recess or lunch break. While you can unblock Tetris at school with a VPN, not all VPNs are up to the task. Fortunately, we have a methodology which helped us identify the best VPNs for the job, all of which offer the following:
- Unblocking: First off, a VPN must provide consistent unblocking of content. We test VPNs against a wide range of websites and services including social media platforms, streaming services, and online games. That way, you can be sure that you can browse as normal while at school (or when traveling abroad on vacation).
- Servers worldwide: Smaller VPNs (and most free VPN services) only offer a handful of servers. This makes it difficult to unblock content and means heavy server load with more users packed together. Most of the VPNs we recommend have thousands of servers in dozens of countries including the USA.
- Speed: Many VPNs claim to be among the fastest around but it’s obviously impossible for you to know if this is true or not. That’s why we carry out speed tests on each VPN’s servers. We’re looking for the fastest VPNs which means they must have unlimited bandwidth and allow for lag-free online gaming.
- Security: If you want to be able to play Tetris securely without having to worry about DDoS attacks or swatting, a VPN is of paramount importance. It will encrypt your internet traffic so that cybercriminals can’t see your data (such as your IP address). We also look for each VPN to have a kill switch and protection from DNS leaks.
- Privacy: The good news is that when you use a VPN, your school can’t see what you’re doing online. This is thanks to the encryption of your data. It’s also important that the VPN you use operates a no-logs policy. We’ve studied 140 VPN logging policies in order to find those that don’t keep logs by which you can be identified.
- Ease of use: This may be your first time using a VPN which means that those with beginner-friendly apps are probably preferred! Quality VPN apps are quick to set up and let you connect to a server in seconds. Furthermore, all offer live chat and email support 24 hours a day to help you should you encounter any issues.
- Value for money: There are slower, less secure VPNs that actually cost more than the VPNs covered in this post. Each offers month-to-month, annual, and even multi-year plans, all at excellent value for money. Be sure to make use of the VPN discount coupons listed throughout this post if you want to save a little extra.
Our VPN testing methodology allows us to find the best VPNs for unblocking Tetris at school. This involves analyzing VPNs in every area from speed to security to customer service.
Unblock Tetris at school: FAQs
Can I use a free VPN to unblock Tetris at school?
Some free VPNs are able to unblock Tetris although these are few and far between. Furthermore, free VPNs pose a number of problems that should be kept in mind. In particular, they’re usually far too slow for online gaming. This means you’ll suffer excessive lag, which will obviously impact your enjoyment of Tetris. Indeed, most free VPNs cap your bandwidth which also makes streaming and torrenting near impossible.
Research suggests that free VPNs are not particularly secure. Indeed, they may even compromise your privacy. An investigation into free iOS VPN applications in 2020 showed that nearly 40 percent leaked identifiable information. Note also that some free VPNs keep logs which may even be sold to third parties. If you want to ensure your online activity is hidden from your school and that you’re safe from DDoS attacks, it’s best to avoid free VPNs.
Is it legal to use a VPN to unblock Tetris at school?
The good news is that unless VPNs are illegal in your country (they’re actually legal in most countries), you’re not breaking any laws by using one. However, it may go against your school rules to use a VPN, particularly to unblock content that it has deemed inappropriate for whatever reason. If you do decide to use a VPN to unblock Tetris at school, just remember that there’s some risk involved, particularly if the school decides to take disciplinary action.