Traveling abroad means some websites and services from your home country become unavailable due to geographic restrictions. M4 Sport is no exception. Indeed, when trying to watch a video, you’ll encounter a message that says:
“This content is not available in your region.”
This is the case for both live and on-demand content. Fortunately, you can bypass restrictions and watch M4 Sport while traveling abroad by connecting to a VPN.
A VPN is a service that creates a secure tunnel between your browsing or streaming device and the internet. It does this by encrypting your internet traffic and routing it to one of its own servers. By choosing a server back home in Hungary, you can get a Hungarian IP address. It then looks as if you’re browsing from home, unblocking the geo-restricted content on websites such as M4 Sport. You can then stream as normal from anywhere!
How to watch M4 Sport online from anywhere with a VPN
Chances are that you don’t yet have a VPN. It may even be your first time using one. Whatever the case, you can simply follow the instructions provided below and you’ll be all set to stream M4 Sport within a matter of minutes.
Here’s how to stream M4 Sport from abroad using a VPN:
- Sign up with one of the VPN providers listed. We particularly recommend NordVPN.
- Next, proceed to download and install the VPN app for your streaming device. All of the VPNs in this post allow at least five simultaneous connections.
- Log in to the VPN app before connecting to a server in Hungary. In doing so, you’ll get a Hungarian IP address for unblocking M4 Sport from abroad.
- Now you can go to M4 Sport and open a live stream or on-demand video. It should now play without restriction!
- Note that you may need to clear your browser’s cookies for changes to take effect. If this doesn’t work, your VPN’s customer support may be able to help.
GET A 30-DAY FREE TRIAL OF NORDVPN
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for M4 Sport with no restrictions for a month -- ideal if you’re still undecided and need a little more time to make a decision.
There are no hidden terms -- just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
You may be wondering how we came up with our list of the best VPNs for watching M4 Sport online. In order to separate the many VPNs available, we looked specifically for those that offer all of the following:
- Servers in Hungary (and in dozens of other countries)
- Fast speed and unlimited bandwidth for lag-free streaming
- Live chat and email support available around the clock
- Secure with encryption as well as a no-logs policy
- Allows multiple simultaneous connections per account
- Money-back guarantee of at least 30 days for you to try risk-free
Now that you know a little more about how we chose our list of VPNs, below is a quick summary of each before we move onto the full reviews.
Best VPNs for M4 Sport:
- NordVPN: The best VPN for M4 Sport. Large server network and fast speeds. Also unblocks Netflix. P2P and Double VPN servers. No-logs VPN with 24/7 support via live chat and email. Includes a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: Best budget VPN for M4 Sport. High-speed servers and unlimited simultaneous connections. Works with M4 Sport, Netflix, and more. 24/7 support. Double VPN servers available.
- ExpressVPN: Over 3,000 servers in 94 countries, Hungary included. Fast speeds for streaming M4 Sport and Netflix. Excellent apps and 24/7 support. Secure with encryption.
- CyberGhost: Impressive network of 7,000+ servers in 90 countries. Two dozen servers in Hungary. Use on seven devices at once. No-logs VPN with unlimited bandwidth.
- IPVanish: Connect all of your devices at once. Good speeds and unthrottled bandwidth for lag-free streaming of M4 Sport. Security includes no-logs policy and encryption.
- PrivateVPN: Fast speeds for streaming M4 Sport, Netflix, and BBC iPlayer,. Easy-to-use apps and knowledgeable support. Protects privacy with its no-logs policy.
- Hotspot Shield: Servers in 80 countries, Hungary included. Works with M4 Sport and Amazon Prime Video. Includes 24/7 support and doesn’t keep identifying logs of users.
Best VPNs for M4 Sport
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for M4 Sport:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our top pick for watching M4 Sport. It’s one of the largest and most established VPN providers on the market. Offering nearly 5,500 servers in 59 countries at the time of writing, it’s well placed to unblock a variety of geo-restricted websites and services. In particular, its servers in Hungary work well with M4 Sport while it also successfully unblocks Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and ESPN. NordVPN is also one of the faster VPNs we’ve tested. It includes unlimited bandwidth making it an excellent choice for live sports streaming.
This VPN service is also highly secure, as evidenced by its use of 256-bit AES encryption. Security is further reinforced with DNS and IPv6 leak protection, a kill switch feature, and a strict no-logs policy (it completed its second no-logs audit by PwC in July 2020). You may wish to have another layer of protection. If so, you can always connect to a Double VPN or Onion Over VPN server. NordVPN offers the option to pay anonymously with Bitcoin while 24/7 live chat and email support are available should you require any assistance.
Connect up to six devices at the same time with NordVPN’s apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available. It can also be manually set up to work with select routers.
- Large network of over 5,000 servers (including in Hungary)
- Strong unblocking — works with M4 Sport, Netflix, and more
- Very fast server speeds combined with unlimited bandwidth
- Connect to specialty servers including Double VPN and P2P
- Privacy protection thanks to strict no-logs policy and encryption
- 24/7 support available via live chat and email
- Suffered a data breach in 2018
BEST VPN FOR M4 SPORT:NordVPN is our top pick for M4 Sport. It offers 5,000+ servers and very fast speeds for lag-free streaming. Unblocks M4 Sport, Netflix, and more. Specialty P2P and Double VPN servers. No-logs service with 24/7 live chat support. Try it risk-free with the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark has quickly grown to offer more than 3,000 servers in 65 countries. All of these servers are P2P-friendly while the fast speeds and unthrottled bandwidth make them highly suitable for streaming M4 Sport from anywhere. This VPN also boasts strong unblocking abilities, working well with even the most difficult-to-unblock services such as Netflix (the latest version unblocks 30+ libraries). What’s more, it allows unlimited simultaneous connections per account.
Packed with features, Surfshark offers excellent value for money. In particular, it offers Double VPN servers for an extra layer of security. There’s even a CleanWeb feature which blocks threats including malware. This is a no-logs service that uses 256-bit AES encryption and has DNS and IPv6 leak protection as well as a kill switch. Surfshark’s customer support is available 24 hours a day via live chat and email although its apps are very easy to use.
You’ll find Surfshark apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also offered. Manual setup is necessary in order to use this VPN with your wifi router.
- Good size network (some 3,000+ servers in 65 countries)
- Successfully unblocks M4 Sport as well as the likes of Netflix
- Allows unlimited simultaneous connections per account
- Packed with security featured including Double VPN servers
- Fast and friendly 24/7 support via live chat and email
- Switching servers can be a little slow
BEST VALUE VPN:Surfshark lets you connect all of your devices at the same time. High-speed connections for streaming M4 Sport (also unblocks Netflix). Double VPN servers for extra security. No-logs VPN with 24/7 live chat and email support. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN has servers in more countries than any other VPN listed. Its network of 3,000 servers covers some 94 countries including Hungary. Aside from M4 Sport, you’ll be able to unblock and stream content on many different Netflix libraries. However, one of ExpressVPN’s standout features is its speed. It’s one of the fastest VPNs we’ve tested and, with unlimited bandwidth, you can stream and torrent without restriction.
An ExpressVPN subscription includes access to live chat and email support (available 24/7). You’ll be able to use the excellent apps to connect up to five of your devices simultaneously. All data is secured with 256-bit AES encryption while there’s also a kill switch and protection from DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks. ExpressVPN doesn’t keep identifying logs and is headquartered in the British Virgin Islands where it isn’t subject to mandatory data retention laws.
You can connect to a server in Hungary via ExpressVPN’s apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV. Browser extensions are available for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, as is custom firmware for routers (complete with new interactive router setup guide).
- Servers covering 94 countries including Hungary
- Excellent speeds for live streaming M4 Sport
- Includes 24/7 support available via live chat and email
- Highly secure service with encryption and kill switch
- Secure up to five devices at once via a single account
- One of the more expensive VPNs on the market
SPEED & SECURITY:ExpressVPN offers fast, uninterrupted speeds for watching M4 Sport online from abroad. Servers in 94 countries worldwide. Excellent apps as well as 24/7 support. Highly secure thanks to encryption. No identifying logs of users. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost has an impressive two dozen servers in Hungary. Indeed, it has one of the largest VPN networks with over 7,300 servers in 90 countries. You can use this VPN to stream M4 Sport from anywhere while it also works well with Netflix US. The speeds provided are more than fast enough for HD and 4K streaming and are further helped by the fact that CyberGhost doesn’t throttle your bandwidth.
Once you have a CyberGhost account, you’ll be able to connect up to seven devices at the same time. If you need any assistance, 24/7 support is available via live chat and email. This is one of the most secure VPNs you can use thanks to 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and kill switch. Of course, there’s also a strict no-logs policy while CyberGhost has more recently introduced its Security Suite for Windows as well as its own password manager (now in beta testing).
There’s plenty of choice when it comes to CyberGhost apps. They’re available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Browser extensions can be downloaded for Chrome and Firefox. However, manual setup is required for use with routers.
- Two dozen servers in Hungary (and 7,000+ in 90+ countries)
- Unlimited bandwidth for non-stop streaming of M4 Sport
- Connect up to seven devices at the same time
- No-logs policy ensures personal data stays private
- Password manager feature is now in beta testing
- Doesn’t work well in China
TWO DOZEN SERVERS IN HUNGARY:CyberGhost has over 7,000 servers in 90 countries including two dozen in Hungary. Works with M4 Sport and Netflix US. Unlimited bandwidth and lets you secure up to seven devices. No-logs policy. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish has been busy upgrading its network of late and, with the addition of WireGuard sometime in 2021, speeds are only likely to get faster. There’s absolutely no bandwidth throttling with this VPN which means you can use it to live stream M4 Sport lag and buffer-free. IPVanish also successfully unblocks Netflix US while, with a single account, you’ll be able to connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously.
The zero-logs policy of IPVanish means all of your personal data stays private. Indeed, all data is secured with 256-bit AES encryption while you’re also protected from DNS leaks. The kill switch feature cuts internet traffic in the event of the VPN connection dropping, preventing data from being compromised. The IPVanish apps let you automatically connect to the fastest available server. 24/7 live chat and email support are also provided.
You can find IPVanish apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV. To use it with Linux or your router, you’ll need to follow the manual setup instructions provided by this VPN service.
- Improving speeds for lag-free streaming of M4 Sport
- Connect all of your devices at the same time
- Live chat and email support are available 24/7
- Zero-logs policy so you can browse and stream anonymously
- Headquartered in US (member of Five Eyes intelligence alliance)
- Doesn’t offer the option to pay anonymously in Bitcoin
UNLIMITED DEVICES:IPVanish permits unlimited simultaneous connections. Offers good speeds for streaming M4 Sport online. Offers 24/7 live chat support and secures internet traffic with encryption. Zero-logs policy for anonymity. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN offers an average global download speed of over 70 Mbps. When you add to this its offer of unlimited bandwidth, you’ve got a VPN that’s capable of handling streaming in HD as well as in 4K. The very reliable unblocking of PrivateVPN means that you’ll be able to use it not only with M4 Sport but also Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more. Its server network covers over 60 countries around the world.
If you’d like to browse and stream anonymously, you’ll appreciate the security provided by PrivateVPN. It consists of 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection. There’s also a strict no-logs policy, plus signup requires only an email address (this could be a burner account) and a method of payment (Bitcoin is accepted). With the apps, you can secure up to six devices at once. Live chat and email support are also included.
PrivateVPN apps are offered for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux. You can also manually set up this VPN to work with select compatible routers.
- High-speed connections for live streaming M4 Sport
- Also unblocks Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and more
- Email support response time is much quicker than most rival VPNs
- No-logs policy means only you know what you’re doing online
- Fewer servers than any other VPN listed
- Doesn’t offer any browser extensions
SEAMLESS STREAMING:PrivateVPN is fast and unblocks many streaming platforms including M4 Sport and Netflix. Beginner-friendly apps and live chat and email support. No-logs policy and encryption keeps your identity intact. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Hotspot Shield offers more than 1,800 servers in 80 countries which is a larger network than that of many VPNs. It successfully unblocks M4 Sport as well as some popular US streaming services including Amazon Prime Video and Hulu. The good, consistent speeds and absence of bandwidth throttling makes it a reliable choice for both streaming and torrenting. Hotspot Shield permits users to have up to five simultaneous connections per account.
There are a number of features included with a Hotspot Shield Premium account. This includes an antivirus, spam-call blocker, and password manager. All of this further reinforces this VPN’s comprehensive security offering which also includes 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, a kill switch, and a new wifi protection option. Hotspot Shield is easy to use even for beginners. Regardless, 24/7 support is accessible via live chat as well as email.
You’ll find Hotspot Shield apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV. Also included is a Chrome browser extension. Hotspot Shield has also added router support and provides manual setup instructions.
- Widespread server network (80 countries including Hungary)
- Unblock M4 Sport, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- Live chat and email support 24 hours a day
- No identifying logs so you can stay anonymous online
- Questionable track record when it comes to privacy protection
- Inconsistent when it comes to unblocking Netflix
SERVERS IN 80 COUNTRIES:Hotspot Shield has servers in 80 countries including Hungary. Aside from M4 Sport, it works with Amazon Prime and Hulu. Security includes a password manager. 24/7 live chat and email support. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Hotspot Shield review.
Methodology: How we found the best VPNs for watching M4 Sport
It can be frustrating to travel to another country and find you can no longer access your favorite websites and their content. It may be that you want to watch a specific sporting event on M4 Sport in Hungarian as opposed to another language. While there are a lot of VPNs to choose from, not all are of high quality. For this reason, we’ve looked for those that can provide the following:
- Servers in Hungary: A VPN must have servers in Hungary if you want to watch M4 Sport online from abroad. Unlike some, all of the VPNs listed in this post provide servers in Hungary. This means you can get a Hungarian IP address and unblock M4 Sport from anywhere.
- Speed: It’s also important that a VPN offers fast server speeds as well as unlimited bandwidth. In doing so, it will allow you to live stream M4 Sport in the highest possible quality. What’s more, you’ll be able to do so without having to contend with performance issues such as lag and buffering.
- Network size: By having access to servers not only in Hungary, but dozens of countries worldwide, you can access more online content than ever. All of the VPNs we recommend have servers in dozens of countries. As such, you can unblock anything from streaming services to news sites, to your online banking account.
- Security: Browsing and streaming from abroad does come with some level of risk. This is particularly the case if you’re connecting to public wifi hotspots. The best VPNs for M4 Sport use security features including encryption and a kill switch to keep your data safe. Some even offer Double VPN servers for extra security.
- Privacy: Aside from security, a VPN should also offer strong privacy protection. This starts with a true no-logs policy in which no identifiable data of users is kept. All of the VPNs listed in this post have no-logs policies and let you browse and stream anonymously. Want to know more? We’ve analysed 140 VPN logging policies.
- Ease of use: VPNs needn’t be complicated to use. We place importance on a VPN service offering easy-to-use apps for a variety of operating systems. All of the VPNs listed above offer apps for desktop and mobile at a minimum. Some even provide browser extensions. Live chat and email support is also available in all cases.
- Value for money: Some VPNs may seem like a good deal only to end up being slow or lacking in features. Having tested dozens of VPNs at a variety of price points, we’ve found those that offer the best value for money. Better still, you’ll even find promo coupons for each so you can save a little extra.
It’s only by testing VPNs ourselves that we’re able to provide you with information that’s accurate and up-to-date. And while we look for each VPN to meet all of the above criteria, our full VPN testing methodology is even more comprehensive than this.
Can I use a free VPN to watch M4 Sport?
While M4 Sport isn’t particularly difficult to unblock, free VPNs aren’t very compatible with the sports streaming platform. The reason for this is that some free VPN services (including some paid VPNs) don’t offer servers in Hungary. Furthermore, most are simply too slow for streaming with lag and buffering both frequent occurrences. Note that most free VPNs also struggle to unblock the likes of Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and DAZN.
The purpose of a VPN is to encrypt your internet traffic and keep you safe online. Ironically, many free VPNs fail to do this due to possessing a lack of security features. Of course, free VPNs have to make money one way or another. One way in which some do this is by logging and selling your browsing data. If you want to be able to stream M4 Sport online and browse anonymously, free VPN’s are therefore best avoided.
What can I watch on M4 Sport?
M4 Sport allows you to watch a wide range of sports content live and on-demand. This includes football, basketball, tennis, athletics, and Formula 1. Notably, M4 Sport provides coverage of a variety of high-profile sporting events including Euro 2020.