Argentinian citizens traveling abroad can also use a VPN to access everything they want from back home, including Netflix Argentina, local channels such as America, Canal 9, and Telefe, as well as online banking.
We get into a lot of detail on each of the providers we feature below, but if you only have time for a quick summary, here is our list of the best VPNs for Argentina:
- NordVPN Our top choice! Veteran provider with well-priced plans. Extremely fast, secure, and private. Large network of servers that are great at unblocking. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark Best budget option. A relatively fast service that puts user security and privacy above all else.
- ExpressVPN Speedy network that unblocks most geo-blocked content with ease. Secure and private.
- CyberGhost Beginner-friendly apps. Some of the fastest streaming and downloading servers we’ve tested.
- IPVanish Works well with Kodi devices. Impressive speeds.
- PrivateVPN Great for unblocking popular streaming shows abroad.
VPN software sets up an encrypted tunnel that routes all the internet traffic to and from your device via an intermediary server outside your current location. This cloaks your IP address and makes it appear that you’re in your chosen locale, which accounts for the ability to unblock geo-restricted content. What’s more, the encryption aspect has an added advantage of preventing snoopers from monitoring your online behavior.
The VPN providers we recommend in this article offer a wide variety of server locations. This means it’s possible to get an IP address from Argentina, even if you’re currently in the US, the UK, Australia, Germany, Canada, India, China, Hong Kong, France, Sweden, Norway, Japan, or anywhere else in the world.
The best VPNs for Argentina:
VPN services are heavily advertised on the internet, but you can’t place them all in one category.
To make our list of the best VPNs for Argentina, providers have to meet the following standards:
- Operates a wide network of servers across the world with bonus points for servers in Argentina
- Unblocks geo-restricted streaming services without any problems
- Offers a fast and reliable product
- Maintains stringent encryption parameters so your location remains hidden at all times
- Allows multiple simultaneous connections
- Provides top-notch customer support
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our first choice for an Argentina VPN. It runs a network of more than 5,000 servers spanning 60 countries, with Argentina hosting 19. Getting an IP address in Argentina or from any other part of the world is a hassle-free process.
NordVPN boasts the fastest speeds we’ve seen and easily unblocks sites such as US Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, ESPN, Sky, Sling TV, and more.
Users can select servers optimized for certain features including streaming HD video, double VPN, and Tor over VPN. The desktop version includes a primer on how to find the best servers to use for specific tasks, such as unblocking Netflix.
NordVPN does not store any user data and all traffic is protected via 256-bit encryption, the OpenVPN protocol, an internet kill switch, and DNS leak protection.
Apps are available for Android, iOS, Windows, and MacOS. A basic plan allows for six devices to connect at the same time.
- Operates a network of more than 5,000 servers in 60 countries including 19 in Argentina
- Unblocks most popular geo-locked streaming services
- Blazing fast and reliable downloading and streaming speeds
- Top-notch security and privacy protection
- No-logs provider
- Offers 24/7 live chat
- Can choose server locations but not able to choose specific servers
BEST FOR ARGENTINA:NordVPN is our top pick. It unblocks most popular streaming sites in and pegs excellent speeds. It has a huge network of servers and plenty of privacy and security features. You can try it risk-free with a 30-day money back guarantee.
Read our review of NordVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is a low-cost VPN that operates more than 1,700 servers across 60+ countries. This alone would make it an excellent choice for unblocking geo-restricted services like Netflix, but here’s the best part: it’s fast enough for almost any purpose including lag-free streaming. As if that wasn’t enough, this VPN even lets you secure all of your devices at once.
This service comes with all manner of security features. There’s 256-bit encryption to start with, as well as protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks, a kill switch, and even a NoBorders feature you can use to freely browse the internet in countries with strict online censorship. Surfshark doesn’t log any personally identifiable information but if you’re worried about privacy, you can always pay in Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Ripple. If you need any help, you can reach support 24/7 via live chat.
Surfshark provides apps for iOS, Windows, Android, MacOS, and Linux devices. If you’d prefer, you can also manually install it on supported home routers.
- Strong privacy and security credentials
- Fast enough for uninterrupted streaming
- Connect as many devices as you like
- Accepts various cryptocurrencies
- 24/7 Live chat available
- Doesn’t have the largest network
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark is perfect for browsing safely in Argentina. It keeps no logs, conceals your traffic with cutting-edge security features, and even offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of Surfshark here.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN is another strong choice offering military-grade encryption standards, fast speeds, and global network. This provider offers more than 2,000 servers to choose from in 94 countries around the world, including options in Argentina.
ExpressVPN is proven to work well with a number of geo-restricted streaming services, including US Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, ESPN, and more. Additional perks include round-the-clock support via a live chat option.
World-class security standards are par for the course; these include 256-bit AES encryption, which is often referred to as ‘military-grade.’ Other security features are an internet kill switch and DNS leak protection, so your information always remains secure within the encrypted tunnel.
This provider only stores non-identifying metadata, and IP addresses remain hidden. It offers easy-to-use apps for Android and iOS, as well as clean desktop versions for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. A single subscription allows for three simultaneous connections.
- Operates a network of more than 3,000 servers spanning 94 countries including Argentina
- Great capabilities for unblocking geo-locked content
- High speeds for downloading and video streaming
- Hard to beat on privacy and security
- 24/7 customer support via live chat
- Slightly more pricey than other services
GREAT UNBLOCKER:ExpressVPN is fast, reliable, and easy to use, plus it unblocks a wide range of streaming services. It comes high-grade security and privacy features and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our review of ExpressVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Romania-headquartered CyberGhost offers more than 5,700 servers in 90 countries. Argentina hosts 10 of them.
CyberGhost’s app can help you pick a server to unblock specific streaming services such as US Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video. Just select Unblock Streaming mode on the app and follow the instructions.
This provider offers 256-bit encryption, perfect forward secrecy, an internet kill switch, and DNS leak protection by way of security features. CyberGhost does not store user data of any nature, including IP addresses. Additional security features include an ad blocker, anti-malware defense, and anti-tracking.
You can access the service on Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS and Linux. A single subscription allows for seven devices to connect at the same time.
- Operates a network of more than 5,000 servers in 60 countries
- 10 servers are in Argentina which is great for unblocking content while abroad
- Some of the fastest streaming servers we’ve tested
- Keeps no user activity logs and provides strong encryption to bypass activity detection
- Doesn’t work in the UAE or China
Beginners' choice:CyberGhost has over 5,700 thousand servers. Fast streaming speeds, easy-to-use apps and excellent security. 45-day money back guarantee.
Read our full user review of CyberGhost.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish scores points on both privacy and speed with excellent customer support to boot. This provider currently offers more than 1,300 servers spread across 75+ worldwide locations.
It’s headquartered in the US, but follows a strict internal no-logging protocol that protects user traffic, maintains privacy, and eliminates all aspects of the digital footprint. There’s a ‘no-logs’ policy in place so there’s nothing on servers that could incriminate users.
IPVanish is a known favorite with torrenters and Kodi users for a couple of reasons. The first is because it enables them to download the Android APK directly to their device. Secondly, its interface is also remote control-friendly for Kodi devices that typically lack a keyboard and mouse. It works with several streaming media sites such as BBC iPlayer and more.
Security is in the form of 256-bit AES encryption with perfect forward secrecy, DNS leak protection, and an internet kill switch.
This provider allows users to connect 10 devices simultaneously under one plan. That’s very generous and an increase from the earlier policy of five devices. Apps are available for Android, iOS, Windows, and MacOS, and there’s 24/7 live chat customer support.
- Operates a network of more than 1,300 servers from 75 city locations around the globe
- Keep no logs on user activities and have solid security settings
- Favorite among Fire TV Stick and Kodi remote control users
- Speeds are great for HD streaming on most servers
- No live customer support, email, and ticket support only
- Some servers don’t perform well with Netflix or Hulu
GOOD PRIVACY:IPVanish is fast and secure. Up to 10 connected devices can be connected simultaneously. Popular for torrenting and Kodi users who want to share a subscription. 7-day money back guarantee.
Read our full review of IPVanish.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Sweden-headquartered PrivateVPN hasn’t been around as long as the other VPN providers on this list but it consistently displays fast, robust speeds and an uncanny ability to unblock geo-restricted content.
At the moment, it offers 80 servers in 56 locations across the globe, including an option in Argentina. PrivateVPN refrains from logging user data, includes support for torrenting, and offers unlimited bandwidth for HD video streams.
Security features include 128- and 256-bit encryption (depending on the protocol), perfect forward secrecy, an internet kill switch, and DNS leak protection. A basic plan allows for six devices to connect at the same time.
PrivateVPN has apps available for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all packages.
- Gaining a reputation for unblocking popular streaming sites
- Use up to six devices simultaneously
- Strong security and privacy features and decent speeds
- Fewer servers to choose from than other providers higher on this list
- Support staff only operate during European business hours
Good unblocker:PrivateVPN has fast servers and is gaining a solid reputation for the number of streaming channels it can unblock. 30-day money back guarantee.
Read our review of PrivateVPN.
Should I use a free VPN for Argentina?
Free VPNs are available in abundance across the internet and are heavily advertised to boot. Such providers will tempt you to sign up with alluring offers such as no upfront cash payments. But that’s where the charm usually ends.
Free VPN providers regularly engage in bandwidth throttling, impart data caps, provide weak encryption, and offer the choice of only one or two servers. They also have a sordid history of trying to monetize their service via invasive advertisements, malware, and data mining. What’s more, you’ll probably experience an unreliable connection and be unable to unblock your desired streaming services.
All-in-all, it just makes sense to go with a reputable provider.
Why should I use a VPN in Argentina?
In 2017, public wifi at a Starbucks outlet in Buenos Aires was compromised such that all devices connecting to it were forced to mine cryptocurrency.
This highlights one of the major risks when you connect to public wifi networks, as you never know who might be eavesdropping. And if you don’t take precautions, then it’s possible that your personal data will be encroached and possibly stolen. A VPN will encrypt your connection so that this outcome is simply not possible.
Torrenting in Argentina sits in a legal grey area, although it was the first Latin American country to ban The Pirate Bay. Poorly worded and obscure laws mean that it’s impossible to determine whether it’s permissible or not. To maintain online privacy and anonymity we recommend that you use a VPN to browse the internet in Argentina.
DISCLAIMER: Comparitech does not encourage using a VPN to stream or download content illegally. Please consult local laws beforehand if you’re uncertain and always refer to a lawyer for expert advice.
Tips for using a VPN in Argentina
Whether you currently live in Argentina or are simply vacationing in the country for a few days, the use of a VPN will greatly enhance your internet experience.
How to set up a VPN in Argentina
- The first thing you need to decide is which provider meets your requirements. The mini-reviews above provide an overview, but reading the detailed reviews at the end will give you more context.
- After you’ve settled on a provider that works for you, simply sign up with your credit card information and other personal details.
- Once payment has been authenticated, you should receive an email with login information directly from the VPN provider.
- Proceed to download the relevant apps for your device. Reboot when the installation is complete.
- Login and connect to a VPN server of your choice.
- Now your internet connection is encrypted and private.
Accessing Netflix libraries in Argentina
If you log into your Netflix account with an Argentinian IP address, you’ll be automatically redirected to the local Netflix library. This will happen even if the account was originally registered from another country, such as the US or Canada. If you would like to switch libraries, you’ll have to use a VPN server in the country of your choice. For example, if you want to access US Netflix, connect to a US VPN server.
Netflix has been actively blocking VPNs due to the licensing agreements it has signed with various production houses. Therefore, not all VPNs are compatible with the streaming media giant. We’ve highlighted the ones that are in our mini-reviews, but you can check with customer support in case you run into any problems.
Watching Argentinian television and accessing banking services when abroad
Using a VPN to acquire an Argentinian IP address is useful for its citizens who live or are traveling outside the South American country and desire to keep in touch with local content from back home.
There’s a wide range of television programming in Argentina, including news, entertainment, and sports. Some of the popular channels are America, Canal 9, and Telefe. Most offer live streaming online but some will require you to have a local IP address to gain access. That’s where a VPN comes in.
Banking and financial institutions have strict compliance controls in place. This means they will monitor incoming requests in order to detect and quell fraud. Accessing Argentinian bank accounts from abroad might be okay once in a while, but if you engage in this behavior constantly, your account could be flagged. If you use a VPN to make it appear you’re actually in Argentina, then you should be able to carry on as usual.