In today’s interconnected digital world, the illusion of online privacy is just that, an illusion. Every click, every search, and every site you visit is under scrutiny. ISPs, cyber criminals, network snoopers, and even the government can be watching – even in places like Argentina. But there’s hope. Through rigorous research and hands-on testing, we’ve unearthed the solution. A VPN with an Argentinian IP address. This will cloak your online footprint, rendering it invisible to prying eyes, and act as your global passport, unlocking restricted content.
Have you ever faced the frustration of geo-blocks? Popular sites and streaming giants like Netflix tailor their content to specific regions, often leaving you on the outside looking in. This is where the magic of a VPN shines. They provide you with a unique, country-specific IP address, a digital disguise, if you will, that hides your real IP address and location. With this, Argentina’s digital universe is at your fingertips, regardless of your location.
In this article, we’ll look into the best VPNs to help you gain an Argentinian IP address and explain how to use them. We go into depth on each of the VPN providers we feature. But, in case you’re short on time, we’ll start with a quick summary. Trust our expertise and reclaim your online freedom.
The best VPNs with servers in Argentina:
- NordVPN Our #1 choice for an Argentinian IP address! 20+ servers in Argentina and 5,500 worldwide. Protects your online activities with best-in-class security. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
TIP In our testing we found that the cheapest NordVPN plan (Standard) works perfectly for Argentina.
- Surfshark Best budget VPN option for Argentina. User-friendly apps and browser extensions. Strict no-logs policy. Unlimited connection allowance.
- ExpressVPN Owns and operates VPN servers in Argentina that offer high-speed streaming and downloading. Military-grade encryption protects your online security.
- CyberGhost Great for beginners, with easy-to-use apps that are simple to install on all platforms. Good streaming speeds. Almost 50 servers in Argentina for accessing Argentinian content.
- IPVanish Lightning-fast speeds, unlimited connections, and servers in over 75 countries, including Argentina.
- PrivateVPN Smaller network that operates fast servers in Argentina and works with most streaming sites. Allows 10 simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN Exceptionally fast Argentinian servers, a wide range of security features, and the ability to secure every device you own simultaneously.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up on this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for getting an Argentinian IP address for a month with no restrictions. This is perfect if you want to binge your favorite shows on a short trip abroad.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you, and you'll receive a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
How to get an Argentinian IP address
Don’t worry; even if you’ve never used a VPN before, getting an IP address from Argentina is very simple and straightforward. Just follow the steps below, and you’ll be watching your favorite Argentinian content in no time.
Here’s how to get an IP address for Argentina:
- Begin by signing up with a suitable VPN provider (we recommend NordVPN).
- Download and install the app, making sure you get the correct version for your device.
- Open the app and connect to one of its Argentinian servers to gain an Argentinian IP address.
- You should now be able to access geo-blocked Argentinian sites as normal.
- If you’re still struggling, try clearing your browser’s cookies and cache and then reload the page. Alternatively, try connecting to a different Argentinian server.
Want to watch a live broadcast? If so, we’d strongly recommend performing the steps above before the event is set to air. This ensures that you’ll have enough time to contact customer support if anything doesn’t work as intended.
How we chose the top Argentinian VPNs
Having lots of choices is rarely a bad thing, but it does make picking a VPN more difficult. So, we’ve done the hard work for you. We found the best VPNs for obtaining an IP address from Argentina by searching for those that met the following non-negotiable criteria:
- Servers In Argentina, the more, the better – without these, you simply cannot gain an Argentinian IP
- Proven ability to access Argentinian websites and streaming services from outside the country
- Fast speeds suitable for streaming, torrenting, downloading, and video calling
- Strong security and privacy protocols to protect your online activities
- A knowledgeable customer service team on hand should you need help
This is just an overview, but if you want to know more, check out the methodology section below.
The best VPN for an Argentinian IP address: Our hands-on review
From using VPNs ourselves, we’ve compared the most important features of the top VPNs here. Prefer to read the in-depth reviews? Start with NordVPN – our #1 choice for getting an Argentinian IP.
|Website||NordVPN.com||Surfshark.com||ExpressVPN.com||Cyberghost.com||IPVanish.com||PrivateVPN.com||atlasvpn.com||Ranking for Argentina||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||Total number of servers||5,700+||3,200||Undisclosed||7000+||2,200+||200+||1000+||Devices Supported||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Amazon Fire TV||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Smart TVs, Routers||Windows, MacOS, Linux (command line), iOS, Android, Smart TVs Routers||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV||Avg Speed (Mbps)||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||39 Mbps||100+ Mbps||Popular Sites Unblocked||95%||88%||86%||85%||70%||85%||93%|
|Best deal (per month)||$2.99|
SAVE up to 69% + 3 months FREE
Save 86% + Get 3 Months FREE
SAVE: 49% + 3 months free
SAVE 84% on the 2 year plan + 4 months free
SAVE 81% on the 2 yr plan + 3 FREE months
SAVE 90% on the three year plan
SAVE 86% on a 2 year plan + 6 months free
The best VPNs for gaining an IP address from Argentina
Let’s take a closer look at the VPNs that made the grade. The following reviews are based on our rigorous real-world testing and first-hand experiences.
Here’s our list of the best VPNs to help you get an Argentinian IP address.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our number-one choice for an Argentinian IP. It boasts a huge network, with more than 5,500 high-speed servers spread across 60 countries, including over 20 in Argentina and plenty more across South America. This, combined with its unlimited bandwidth, makes it ideal for securely accessing Argentinian content abroad as well as international platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Six simultaneous internet connections are permitted, meaning you can protect most (if not all) of your devices with a single account.
This VPN gives you the freedom to customize your own security. By default, it uses 256-bit encryption, an app-specific kill switch, ad-blocking, and malware-scanning, and protects against IPv6, DNS, WebRTC, and port forwarding leaks. It even lets you use two VPNs at once or access Tor over VPN. NordVPN does not log any personally identifiable information. 24/7 live chat is available in case of any issues.
NordVPN apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. It can be manually configured to work with select wireless routers.
- Operates 20+ servers in Argentina
- Higher speeds than any other provider
- Exceptional streaming ability
- Several advanced security options
- No logs policy
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Slightly longer connection times for some servers
BEST VPN FOR ARGENTINA:NordVPN is our first choice. It’s fast, highly-customizable, and able to handle almost any streaming or unblocking challenge. It also includes a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is an excellent, budget-friendly option that doesn’t compromise on performance. With around 3,200 servers in 100+ countries (including Argentina), Surfshark offers fast speeds, the ability to securely access popular streaming services and Argentinian websites abroad, and a wide array of security features. Plus, it allows you to connect as many devices as you like.
This service protects your internet traffic with 256-bit AES encryption and protects against DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks. There’s also a kill switch, the option to use two VPNs, split-tunneling functionality, and traffic obfuscation. Surfshark can even block ads and malware automatically. Best of all, this service keeps no logs, meaning you’re nearly impossible to track. Support is available by live chat, 24/7.
Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, Amazon Fire TV Firestick, and iOS. It can be manually installed on select routers.
- Servers in over 100 countries, including Argentina
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Numerous security options
- Keeps zero logs
- Occasional slow server
BEST BUDGET PROVIDER:Surfshark offers several security options, is affordable, and keeps no logs, making it ideal for security-conscious users. A 30-day money-back guarantee is included.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN offers access to more than 3,000 servers in 160 worldwide server locations spanning 94 countries, including Argentina and other locations in South America. It’s very fast and capable of streaming live HD video with no noticeable buffering. Better still, ExpressVPN works reliably with numerous popular streaming platforms, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO from abroad.
This service uses military-grade 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, perfect forward secrecy, and a kill switch (in desktop apps) that stops data transferal in case you lose the VPN connection. ExpressVPN doesn’t log any information that could identify you, but you can pay with Bitcoin, so it’s possible to register anonymously for added peace of mind. Support staff are on hand 24/7 via live chat in case of any problems.
ExpressVPN has apps for MacOS, iOS, Windows, Android, and Linux. It provides custom router firmware to make installation as straightforward as possible.
- Superfast servers in Argentina that are great for streaming in HD quality
- High-speed downloads and filesharing
- Great for streaming
- Strong security measures
- 24/7 chat support
- Slightly more expensive than other providers
- Could provide more control over advanced functionality
TRUSTWORTHY AND PRIVACY-FOCUSED:ExpressVPN is a security-first option that’s as fast as it is versatile. Comes with excellent customer service and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost has almost 50 Argentinian servers and more than 9,000 global servers operating out of around 90+ countries, making it easy to get a low-latency connection wherever you are. To make getting started easier, it lists not just the country each server is in but also its current load and the streaming service it’s best suited to. CyberGhost permits up to seven simultaneous connections so you can protect all your devices at once.
CyberGhost uses 256-bit encryption as well as IPv6 and DNS leak protection to keep your activities private. There’s also an always-on kill switch built into every version of the app to ensure you never accidentally browse unprotected. Security-focused users can sign up anonymously, but CyberGhost doesn’t log any personally identifiable information, so this is really just another layer of protection. Support is on hand 24/7 over live chat.
This service offers apps for Windows, Android, MacOS, Linux, and iOS. It can be manually installed on select network routers.
- Operates almost 50 servers in Argentina with good streaming speeds
- Anonymous registration possible
- Fast and easy to use
- Designed for beginners
- Always-on kill switch
- Doesn’t work in China or the UAE
- May not be flexible enough for advanced users
GREAT FOR THE NOVICE USER:CyberGhost has almost 50 Argentinian servers, and plenty more in South America. High speeds and strong unblocking potential make it ideal for streaming. Plus, it comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish stands out as one of the best VPNs for Argentina with its impressive server network, high-speed performance, and robust security features. Users in Argentina looking for a VPN that offers fast and reliable connections while maintaining their online privacy can confidently choose IPVanish.
With over 2,000 servers in 75+ locations worldwide, IPVanish provides a variety of physical servers for users in Argentina. This extensive server network guarantees stable connections and optimal speeds for streaming geo-restricted content from popular platforms like Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer and accessing websites with regional restrictions.
Security is a top priority for IPVanish, which offers strong 256-bit AES encryption and support for multiple VPN protocols, including OpenVPN, IKEv2, and L2TP/IPsec. In addition, users in Argentina can browse the internet with confidence, thanks to IPVanish’s strict no-logs policy, automatic kill switch, and DNS leak protection features.
IPVanish’s user-friendly interface is compatible with various devices and platforms, such as Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux. The VPN allows unlimited simultaneous connections, making it ideal for households with multiple devices or users who want to share VPN access. One of IPVanish’s standout features is its high-speed performance, which ensures a smooth and enjoyable streaming experience.
- Has drastically improved speeds lately
- Perfect for secure streaming, browsing, and gaming
- Veteran zero-logs provider
- Works with a wide range of geo-blocked services
- Traffic scrambling only works on OpenVPN connections
- Has to be manually installed on Linux
UNLIMITED CONNECTIONS:IPVanish is ultra-fast unblocks a range of streaming services, and uses 256-bit encryption. Plus, it allows unlimited connections and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has fewer servers than some of its competitors, with only around 200 servers. However, those servers are strategically placed in 60+ countries, including Argentina, and they deliver exceptional speeds and unblocking abilities. It can securely access platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video with ease and permits up to ten simultaneous connections. This means that you’re free to stream whatever you want, wherever you are.
256-bit encryption is enabled by default, as is protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks. PrivateVPN doesn’t log any information that could result in your activities being traced back to you, but you can sign up almost totally anonymously by paying with Bitcoin. This service doesn’t offer live chat support, but the staff can help you over email and will even remotely install the software for you with your permission.
PrivateVPN offers apps for Android, iOS, MacOS, and Windows. Manual installation is required for Linux systems and supported internet routers.
- Faster than most competing services
- No logs policy
- Strong on privacy
- Live support is not quite 24/7
- Fairly small network
FAST AND SECURE BROWSING:PrivateVPN is a strong general-purpose VPN with high speeds, solid unblocking abilities, a 10 device limit and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
AtlasVPN has servers in roughly 50 countries, including Argentina, and despite only being a few years old, it’s already providing speeds that most of its rivals can only dream of (around 270 Mbps in our latest tests). What’s more, this VPN works with most major streaming services, allows any number of connections, and offers 24/7 customer support via live chat.
There’s no shortage of security options, either. This VPN uses 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch to keep your activities safe from prying eyes. In addition, Atlas VPN has an independently verified no-logs policy. There’s also automatic tracker-blocking, a data-breach alert tool, and Privacy Pro servers that change your IP address regularly. Privacy-conscious users can also gain an extra layer of anonymity by paying in Bitcoin.
Atlas VPN has apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
- Higher-than-average speeds
- No connection limits
- A host of security and privacy features
- Doesn’t work with routers
- Based in the US – a 5 Eyes member
NO CONNECTION LIMITS:AtlasVPN is a fast and versatile service that lets you connect all your devices at once. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee for a risk-free trial.
Read our full AtlasVPN review.
With so many VPNs on the market, it is easy to get confused. Many services lie about the level of protection they provide and do not have the essential privacy and security features you need from a reliable VPN. Below, we have included some of the important things we looked for when recommending the best VPNs for an Argentinan IP address:
- Fast servers in Argentina: For a VPN to provide useful IP addresses in Argentina, it must have fast servers located there. Fast physical or virtual servers in Argentina ensure you can make video calls, access local Argentinian TV services to watch HD streams, use Argentinian internet banking services while abroad – or access any other Argentinian services privately, either from within or outside of the country.
- Apps for all platforms: A reliable VPN has software that can be installed on a wide choice of devices. Our recommendations have apps for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. They also have set up guides for using the VPN with other devices, such as Linux machines, routers, game consoles, and smart TVs. Plus, our recommendations let you use the VPN on multiple devices concurrently.
- Advanced privacy features: VPNs vary in the features they provide. We only recommend reliable services with apps that have plenty of advanced features. This includes features like a kill switch, AES encryption, obfuscated servers, DNS leak protection, a SOCKS5 proxy, malware protection, double VPN, split tunneling, and other useful features.
- Excellent customer care: Using a VPN is easy, but it is still better to subscribe to a service that provides world-class customer care. Our recommendations have detailed websites with setup guides and FAQs. Plus, they have both live chat and email support that are available around the clock to let you ask questions about setting up and using the VPN at any time of day.
- Outstanding accessibility: We test the VPN’s ability to access censored or geo-restricted websites. This ensures that the VPN is versatile and will provide you with the online freedom you expect. For example, we check whether the VPN can access Argentinian TV services, Netflix, Hulu, iPlayer, DAZN, and other popular online services.
Using a free VPN instead
You might be tempted to use a free VPN to gain an IP address for Argentina, but they have several major disadvantages that prevent us from recommending them. First and foremost, they often have more users than their limited networks can support. This causes extremely slow browsing speeds, and you’ll likely notice that when streaming, the video buffers for extended periods of time if it loads at all. Additionally, free VPNs are among the first to be blocked by copyright holders, so you may not be able to access your chosen platform regardless.
Like any business, free VPN companies exist to make money. There’s nothing wrong with this, in theory, but the methods some of these services use are troubling. For instance, some place large ads on the pages you visit, while others use tracking cookies to store information about your browsing habits. This can then be sold to third parties without your knowledge.
There’s also no guarantee the service you use is safe, thanks to the high number of malware-carrying apps posing as free VPNs on popular app stores. Assuming you find one that doesn’t contain malware, it might not encrypt your traffic anyway and may leak personal information over DNS or IPv6. Well-known services aren’t necessarily safer either: in 2015, Hola was found to be selling idle user bandwidth to help run a botnet.
To stay as safe as possible online, we recommend using a quality VPN with a proven history of protecting its users’ privacy.
Argentina IP address: FAQs
Is using an Argentina IP address safe?
Usually, when you browse the internet, all kinds of people can see what you get up to. This includes your Internet Service Provider, the owner of any public hotspots you use, or even your employer if you browse the web at work. VPNs encrypt your traffic, preventing these people from finding out which sites you visit. Therefore, using a VPN to hide your IP address is far safer than browsing normally. So long as you use a reputable, privacy-conscious VPN provider.
Is it legal to change your IP address to Argentina?
Changing your IP address is perfectly legal. In fact, given that something as simple as disconnecting and reconnecting to your home network can change your IP address, even if it weren’t, the law would be impossible to enforce.
We should mention that VPNs don’t give you free rein to commit crimes on the internet. They are privacy tools, first and foremost, and are legal in most countries. However, using a VPN to do something illegal could well land you in trouble.
What is my IP address location?
If you’d like to see your current IP address location (for instance, to make sure your VPN is working properly), you can simply use a geo-location service like our IP address checker.
Will a VPN from Argentina slow down my streaming experience?
That depends on a number of factors, including the speed of your internet connection, the type of VPN you’re using, and which streaming service you’re trying to access.
In general, though, using an Argentinan VPN shouldn’t have a major impact on your streaming experience.
If you’re concerned about speed, try connecting to a nearby VPN server to minimize latency. And if you’re having trouble accessing a particular streaming service, make sure that the VPN you’re using doesn’t block that service.
How will I know if my IP address has been changed to Argentina?
Upon connecting to a VPN server in Argentina, your IP address and location will be changed to reflect that. The VPN you use will almost certainly display the location and IP address in the default view of the app. If you want to double-check this information, simply go to an IP address checker such as whatismyip.com. Providing you’re connected to a server in Argentina, your location should show as Argentina.
Will I be able to watch Argentinian TV shows from abroad?
After connecting to one of your VPN’s Argentinian servers, you should be able to access geo-blocked services as though you were actually in Argentina. This means that you’ll be able to stream content from platforms like Amazon Prime Video and HBO from anywhere in the world.
It’s worth noting that you’ll still need to subscribe to these services to watch anything. There are many free online streaming platforms, but some premium services require you to confirm you’re an Argentinian resident by providing a payment method linked to an Argentinian physical address. If you usually live in Argentina, you can pay using your regular credit or debit card. Some services allow you to pay via gift card too, which will work even if you no longer have an accepted payment method or do not live in the required country anymore.
Why else might I need an IP address from Argentina?
When out and about in an unfamiliar country, you’re bound to connect to public Wi-Fi networks occasionally, even if only because your phone or tablet does so automatically. However, these networks are notoriously insecure. VPNs allow you to take advantage of these networks safely without worrying about who might be monitoring your activities.
An Argentinian IP address will also allow you to connect to your home online banking services without triggering any fraud alerts. These can be time-consuming and frustrating to deal with while on vacation.