Try to watch Crackle TV when traveling abroad and you’ll come across the following message:
“Thanks for visiting. Unfortunately, we’re not currently available in this region.”
This happens because, unfortunately, Crackle is region-locked and only available in the US. In order to be able to watch Crackle from anywhere in the world, you’ll need to connect to a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
A VPN encrypts your internet traffic, redirecting it through one of its own servers. In doing so, it hides your real IP address and location, providing you with greater online privacy. What’s more, you can use these services to spoof your location. For instance, by connecting to a VPN server in the United States, you’ll receive a new, temporary American IP address. This makes it appear as if you’re browsing from the US, allowing you to unblock Crackle even if you’re traveling outside the US to another country.
How to watch Crackle movies online free with a VPN
Using a VPN to unblock Crackle is so easy that you could be watching from abroad in just a few minutes. All you have to do is follow these simple step-by-step instructions.
Here’s how to watch Crackle (Sony) movies online free from anywhere:
- The first step is to sign up with a reputable VPN service. We particularly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Next, download the relevant VPN app for the device from which you want to watch Crackle abroad.
- Install and open the app before connecting to a server in the US for a US IP address.
- Go to Crackle and open your preferred content which should be available to watch.
- If the content is still blocked, we recommend you clear your browser’s cache and cookies before refreshing your browser.
You may be interested to know how we came up with our list of the best VPNs for Crackle. While many VPNs unblock Crackle, only a select few offer all of the following features:
- Fast servers and unlimited bandwidth
- Network of servers in dozens of countries
- Powerful security features and encryption to keep your data private
- Live chat and email support, ideally 24/7
- Multiple simultaneous connections
Too short of time to read the full article? Take a look below at our quick summary of the best VPNs for watching Crackle abroad:
Best VPNs for Crackle
- ExpressVPN: The best VPN for Crackle. High-speed servers and unlimited bandwidth. User-friendly apps and 24/7 support. Strong security with encryption.
- NordVPN: The best budget VPN for Crackle. Over 1,500 US servers. Highly secure with strict no-logs policy and Double VPN servers. Includes 24/7 live chat support.
- CyberGhost: Lots of servers in the US for streaming Crackle. Fast speeds and strong security with a strict no-logs policy. Connect seven devices simultaneously.
- IPVanish: Connect 10 devices simultaneously. Good speeds for streaming Crackle. Secures your data with encryption and a no-logs policy. Also offers 24/7 support.
- PrivateVPN: Fast servers and strong unblocking ability. Works with Crackle, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video. Very easy-to-use apps for desktop and mobile platforms.
- Surfshark: Strong all-rounder. Works with Crackle and allows unlimited simultaneous connections. Very strong security with strict no-logs policy and Double VPN servers.
- Hotspot Shield: Servers in 27 US cities for watching Crackle abroad. Consistent speeds for streaming. Secure with encryption and offers 24/7 support via live chat.
Best VPNs for watching Crackle abroad
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for watching Sony Crackle abroad:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for watching Crackle abroad thanks to its fast, reliable servers in over 3,000 servers in 94 countries. This includes servers in over a dozen cities in the US. Unlimited bandwidth makes for uninterrupted streaming without the frustration of buffering or lag. Aside from Crackle, you can use ExpressVPN to unblock services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO.
This VPN offers excellent customer support, which you can contact 24/7 via live chat as well as email. However, you’re unlikely to have too much trouble as the apps are so simple to use. ExpressVPN secures your data with 256-bit AES encryption. There’s also a kill switch and protection from DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks. Just as important, ExpressVPN doesn’t keep any identifying logs of its users such as IP addresses or browsing history.
You can connect to ExpressVPN’s servers via the apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. There’s also customer firmware for routers as well as Chrome and Firefox browser extensions.
- Very fast US servers for uninterrupted streaming of Crackle
- Also unblocks Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO
- Live chat and email support available 24/7
- Easy-to-use apps and browser extensions
- Strong security thanks to its use of high-end encryption
- Doesn’t log personally identifiable information, protecting privacy
- Quite expensive compared to the other VPNs listed
BEST VPN FOR CRACKLE:ExpressVPN is our #1 recommendation. Fast, reliable servers in the US for streaming Crackle. Also unblocks Netflix. Easy-to-use apps and 24/7 live chat support. Uses encryption and doesn’t keep identifying logs. You can try ExpressVPN risk-free thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN makes it easy to unblock Crackle from anywhere. It has an impressive network of more than 5,500 servers, some 1,500 of which are in the US. This means that you can use it to watch streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu abroad. If you have several devices to secure, you’ll be pleased to know that NordVPN allows up to six simultaneous connections per account.
There’s plenty of choice when it comes to the type of server you connect to. That’s because NordVPN offers various specialty servers including P2P, Dedicated IP, and Obfuscated servers. You’ll also find Double VPN servers that encrypt your internet traffic twice for extra security. Speaking of security, NordVPN is a no-logs provider that offers 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch.
If you sign up with NordVPN, you’ll have access to the apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Android TV. Browser extensions are available for Chrome and Firefox although routers require manual configuration.
- More than 1,500 servers in the US for easy unblocking of Crackle
- Can also be used to unblock Netflix and Hulu
- Use on up to six devices at once
- Specialty servers including P2P and Double VPN
- Operates a strict no-logs policy
- Not the fastest server speeds
BEST BUDGET VPN:NordVPN has 1,500 US servers for unblocking Crackle. Also works with Netflix. Offers specialty servers including P2P and Double VPN. Highly secure service with a strict no-logs policy and high-end encryption. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost offers well over 1,000 servers in the US. As such, you can easily use it to unblock Crackle from anywhere in the world. Overall, this VPN has a large network of more than 6,000 servers located in 90 countries worldwide. Streaming is seamless thanks to the high-speed servers and unlimited bandwidth on offer. Indeed, CyberGhost works well with many popular platforms including Netflix US, BBC iPlayer, and Hulu.
One advantage of using CyberGhost is that you can secure as many as seven devices simultaneously. Furthermore, the service offers live chat support which is available to you 24/7. There’s no shortage of security features either, with 256-bit AES encryption, an automatic kill switch, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks. Your privacy is protected through CyberGhost’s strict no-logs policy, plus for added anonymity, you can pay for your subscription in Bitcoin.
CyberGhost apps are available for desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux), mobile (Android and iOS), Amazon Fire Stick, and Android TV. You can also download browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox. Manual installation is required for use with routers.
- Vast network of of over 6,000 servers across 94 countries
- High-speed servers for lag-free streaming of Crackle
- Also works with Netflix and Hulu
- Lets you connect up to seven devices simultaneously
- Secure with encryption and a strict no-logs policy
- Doesn’t work well in China or UAE
- No app provided for routers
VAST SERVER NETWORK:CyberGhost has some 6,000 servers, some 1,000 of which are in the US. Works with Crackle as well as Netflix US. Very good speeds and unlimited bandwidth for streaming. Security includes a strict no-logs policy. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 7 DAYS
IPVanish has a network of approximately 1,300 servers, many of which are located in the US. These servers are spread across over a dozen cities including Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York. It offers fast enough speeds for flawless browsing and streaming, allowing you to use the likes of Crackle and Netflix US without any issues whatsoever. Furthermore, IPVanish offers unlimited bandwidth and states that it will never throttle your connection.
Signing up with IPVanish means you can secure up to 10 devices at once, which is far more than most VPNs allow. When you connect to an IPVanish server, your data is secured with 256-bit AES encryption. There’s also protection from DNS leaks and a kill switch that stops sending data the moment your connection drops. A zero-logs policy means your activities can’t be traced back to you. It’s also worth mentioning that IPVanish has 24/7 support which you can contact by live chat and email.
IPVanish apps can be downloaded for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV. In order to use IPVanish with Linux and routers, you’ll need to follow manual setup instructions.
- Good speeds and unlimited bandwidth for streaming Crackle
- Also works with Netflix US
- Lets you secure as many as 10 devices at once
- Operates a zero-logs policy
- Includes 24/7 live chat support
- Headquartered in the US which is a member of the Five Eyes alliance
- Doesn’t offer the option of paying in cryptocurrency
UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH:IPVanish is fast and doesn’t throttle your bandwidth. Servers in a dozen US cities for streaming Crackle and Netflix US abroad. Can be used on up to 10 devices simultaneously. A no-logs VPN service with 24/7 support. 7-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has strong unblocking ability and works with Crackle, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and many more streaming services. While it doesn’t have the largest network of servers (it only offers around 150 in total), it does have servers in 60 countries, including the US. One of the main reasons to choose PrivateVPN is that it has very high-speed servers that allow for uninterrupted streaming.
With this VPN, you can connect six devices simultaneously. The apps are particularly user-friendly, allowing you to connect to a server in seconds. Live chat support is available as is remote help and installation. This is a no-logs VPN that protects your privacy through its use of 256-bit AES encryption. You’re also protected from DNS leaks while a kill switch ensures your data isn’t compromised should the VPN connection drop.
You can unblock Crackle with the PrivateVPN apps for Windows, Linux, Android, Mac, and iOS. Manual configuration is needed for compatible routers.
- Strong unblocking ability – watch Crackle, Netflix, and HBO abroad
- Very fast speeds for browsing, streaming, and torrenting
- Beginner-friendly desktop and mobile apps
- Keeps your data secure with encryption and no-logs policy
- Connect up to six devices simultaneously per account
- Small network of just 100 servers
- Live chat support isn’t available 24/7
SEAMLESS STREAMING:PrivateVPN offers high-speed servers for streaming without lag and buffering. Unblock Crackle, Netflix, HBO, and more. Beginner-friendly apps for desktop and mobile. Secures your data with encryption and a no-logs policy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is worth considering if you have lots of devices because it allows unlimited simultaneous connections. In total, this service has approximately 1,000 servers in 50+ countries. This includes servers in two dozen US cities capable of unblocking Crackle abroad. You’ll also be able to use this VPN to stream Netflix and HBO, among other popular streaming services. Server speeds are more than fast enough for HD live streaming.
One advantage of Surfshark is that it’s packed with security features. Take the CleanWeb option, for instance: it blocks ads, trackers, and malware automatically. You can also connect to servers that are optimized for P2P-related activities. Aside from 256-bit AES encryption and DNS leak protection, you’re protected with a kill switch and a strict no-logs policy. There’s even MultiHop (Double VPN) servers for an extra layer of security.
User-friendly Surfshark apps are offered for the following: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV. Browser extensions are available for Chrome and Firefox. Compatible routers can be set up manually.
- Servers in two dozen US cities for Crackle, Netflix, and Disney+
- Connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously
- Beginner-friendly with easy-to-use apps and 24/7 live chat support
- Lots of security features including a no-logs policy and ad blocker
- Not the largest server network
- Fastest server feature isn’t always accurate
UNLIMITED CONNECTIONS:Surfshark has servers in two dozen US cities for unblocking Crackle and Netflix. Good, consistent speeds. Beginner-friendly service with 24/7 support. Secure with a strict no-logs policy and Double VPN servers. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Hotspot Shield is known for offering fast speeds which makes it highly suitable for streaming. With this VPN, you have access to more than 3,000 servers in 80 countries. In particular, Hotspot Shield has plenty of servers in 27 US cities including Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York. This makes it easy to unblock Crackle as well as other popular streaming services such as Amazon Prime Video and Hulu.
While this VPN is easy to use, you’ll have access to 24/7 live chat support should you need it. It’s also worth knowing that you can connect five devices at once with a single account. If you’re looking to browse the web anonymously, you’ll be happy to hear that Hotspot Shield offers 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. It also doesn’t keep any logs by which you can personally be identified.
Hotspot Shield apps are available to download for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. There’s also a browser extension for Chrome and you can manually install it on certain routers. However, Linux systems are not supported.
- Servers in 27 US cities for streaming Crackle abroad
- Also unblocks Amazon Prime Video and Hulu
- Live chat support is available 24/7
- Uses military-grade encryption to ensure your data’s security
- Doesn’t offer support for Linux
SERVERS IN 80 COUNTRIES:Hotspot Shield offers servers in 80 countries and 27 US cities for unblocking Crackle. Very fast speeds for uninterrupted streaming. Secure service with encryption. 24/7 live chat support. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Hotspot Shield review.
Can I watch Crackle movies abroad with a free VPN?
While it may be tempting to use a free VPN to watch Crackle abroad, we don’t recommend them. For starters, many free VPNs are terrible at unblocking geo-restricted content. This means you may not be able to use them to stream Crackle, Netflix, or DAZN, for example. However, free VPNs are also far too slow. Each server tends to have heavy user load which results in a lot of lag and buffering while streaming.
Although the poor performance of free VPNs is bad enough, it’s their lack of security that is particularly concerning. Your data is unlikely to be secured with encryption which means you may be vulnerable to leaks. It’s also important to consider that free VPNs have to make money one way or another. You may find yourself spammed with ads or, even more alarming, have your browsing data logged and sold to the highest bidder.
What can I watch on Crackle?
Crackle offers a wide range of movies and TV shows, some of which is its own original content. All of this is available for free with the platform making its money from advertising. Here are some of the titles that you can watch for free on Crackle at the time of writing:
- Dr. Ken
- The Social Network
- Kitchen Nightmares
- Mr. Sunshine
- Starsky & Hutch
- The Dictator