Like many popular streaming services, the Food Network is geo-restricted. This means that it’s only available in certain locations (in this case, the US). If you try to access it from elsewhere, you’ll see the following error:
We’re sorry. This site is not available in your region.”
However, this restriction also prevents you from watching your favorite shows if you leave the country on vacation. Luckily, you can still stream Food Network US online from abroad using a VPN.
The Food Network website checks your IP address to see which country you’re in. Once you connect to a VPN, though, it can only see the IP address of the server you’re using. This means that if you connect to an American VPN server, you’ll be able to watch Food Network US online from anywhere. Better still, VPNs encrypt your traffic, preventing your employer or service provider from seeing what you get up to online.
How to watch Food Network live online from abroad using a VPN
VPNs might seem a little intimidating at first but they’re actually quite easy to use. Follow the steps below to unblock and stream Food Network from outside the US.
How to watch Food Network online abroad (outside US) with a VPN:
- Start by signing up for one of the VPNs below (we particularly recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app, making sure to get the appropriate version for your operating system.
- Connect to one of your VPN’s US servers. If you’re able to select a particular city, it’s usually a good idea to connect to servers in Los Angeles or New York.
- Visit the Food Network website. You’ll have to sign in with your cable provider details to watch most shows, although some older content is freely accessible. Note that you can also sign in with a fuboTV, Hulu, Philo, or YouTube TV account.
- Finally, try watching something. Your video should begin almost instantly, but if not, try clearing your browser’s cookies and reloading the page. You might also want to contact your VPN’s support team for further assistance.
Choosing a VPN can be pretty difficult. After all, there are new services launching every day and all of them claim to be the best. In our experience, though, the best VPNs tend to be the most versatile. For that reason, when researching the best VPNs for Food Network US, we only considered services that met all of the criteria below:
- Provides high speeds and reliable connections
- Unblocks Food Network US and other major streaming services abroad
- Protects you with powerful encryption and various other security features
- Doesn’t log any information that could identify you
- Offers apps for the most popular operating systems
Keep reading for a more in-depth look at each of our recommended services. If you’re in a rush, here’s an at-a-glance guide.
Best VPN for Food Network:
- ExpressVPN: Our #1 choice for Food Network. ExpressVPN boasts high speeds, strong security features, and access to over 3,000 servers worldwide.
- CyberGhost: The best budget option for streaming Food Network abroad. CyberGhost is fast, security-conscious, and designed with beginners in mind.
- NordVPN: Has more than 5,000 high-speed servers, customizable security features, and the ability to unblock some of the most popular streaming platforms abroad.
- IPVanish: A fast, zero-logs VPN with a strong focus on security. Unblocks Food Network and similar services with ease.
- PrivateVPN: With very high speeds, a no-logging policy, and exceptional unblocking ability, this service is a strong choice for watching Food Network US abroad.
- Surfshark: A security-first service with decent speeds, no connection limit, and the ability to unblock Food Network outside the US.
- Hotspot Shield: A high-speed VPN with decent security features. Reliably unblocks region-locked platforms like Food Network US from abroad.
Best VPNs for watching Food Network US abroad
Take a look below to find out more about each of the best VPNs for streaming the Food Network abroad:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN has around 3,000 servers in 90+ countries, and it offers consistently high speeds. This alone would make it ideal for streaming Food Network US from abroad, but when you consider that it also unblocks major platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, it becomes an even better choice. ExpressVPN allows you to connect up to five devices at once.
This service doesn’t skimp on security; it boasts 256-bit AES encryption, protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks, and a kill switch that stops all traffic whenever you suddenly lose your connection to the VPN. ExpressVPN doesn’t log any personally identifiable information, but you can pay with Bitcoin if you’re looking for extra privacy. You can reach customer support over 24/7 live chat in case of any issues.
ExpressVPN offers apps for Windows, Android, Linux, MacOS, and iOS. This service even offers custom firmware to make installing it on a wireless router as straightforward as possible.
- Best in class security and privacy
- Pay anonymously with Bitcoin
- Optimized for high-speed connections
- Unblocks a large range of geo-locked sites, e.g. Netflix
- Doesn’t allow as much customization as some rivals
BEST VPN FOR FOOD NETWORK US:ExpressVPN is our top choice for streaming Food Network US abroad as it’s a fast, versatile service that puts your security first. Best of all, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it risk-free.
Take a look at our comprehensive ExpressVPN review for more details.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost boasts a huge network of high-speed servers, with around 5,700 worldwide and roughly 1,000 in the US alone. This means that you can easily find a low-latency connection and stream Food Network shows abroad without worrying about lag or buffering. If you’d prefer to watch something different, CyberGhost unblocks stubborn services like Netflix US and BBC iPlayer. This service permits up to seven simultaneous connections.
There’s very little configuration needed as all of CyberGhost’s security features are enabled by default. These include DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection, an always-on kill switch, and 256-bit encryption. Most importantly, CyberGhost does not keep any logs that could identify you. That said, you’re free to sign up almost completely anonymously using Bitcoin and a disposable email address. 24/7 support is available over live chat should you need it.
CyberGhost apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS. You can manually configure this service to work on Linux systems and select network routers.
- Solid privacy and security features enabled by default
- Accepts Bitcoin
- Happily unblocks a host of geo-restricted content
- Has more than 1,000 high-speed US servers
- Less suitable for power users
BEST BUDGET VPN:CyberGhost offers the best way to watch Food Network US on a budget. This service offers consistently high speeds, a wide range of security and privacy features, strong unblocking capabilities, and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Check out our full review of CyberGhost.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN has more than 5,000 servers in 59 countries (and over 1,500 of these are in the US). This service is fast enough to stream live HD video without any noticeable lag or buffering, plus it boasts exceptional unblocking ability. In fact, as well as allowing you to watch Food Network shows abroad, NordVPN lets you use platforms like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video.
This VPN keeps your traffic safe from prying eyes using a combination of 256-bit AES encryption, protection against IPv6, WebRTC, and DNS leaks, automatic ad-blocking and malware-scanning, and a customizable kill switch. Traveling? NordVPN even has specific servers designed for use in countries with highly-restricted internet. This service keeps no logs whatsoever and allows you to pay anonymously with Bitcoin. You can reach customer support over live chat 24/7.
NordVPN provides iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS, and Linux apps. Select internet routers are also supported, although you’ll have to install the VPN manually.
- Zero-logs policy
- Over 5,000 high-speed servers
- Excellent unblocking ability
- Major emphasis on security and privacy
- Connections through the desktop app can be slow
SECURITY-FIRST VPN:NordVPN manages to provide top-notch security and privacy protections without compromising on speed. This service can even unblock platforms like Food Network US from anywhere in the world. All plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Interested? Why not read our in-depth NordVPN review?
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish currently operates around 1,300 servers across 60+ countries. With reliable, high-speed connections and decent unblocking ability, you can use it to stream a wide range of content on platforms like Food Network, Netflix US, and Hulu. Better still, this VPN allows you to connect up to ten devices at once; not bad considering most of its competitors allow six at most.
Despite this VPN’s lightweight apps, it includes some pretty strong security features. There’s 256-bit encryption, for instance, as well as a kill switch and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks. IPVanish is a zero-logs provider which means that once connected, you’ll be effectively untraceable online. While this service is quite easy to use, you can reach customer support 24/7 over live chat.
IPVanish has apps for Android, MacOS, iOS, and Windows devices. With a little manual configuration, you can even use this service on Linux systems and home routers.
- Fast enough for flawless HD streaming
- Provides several advanced security features
- Completely logless service won’t compromise your privacy
- Struggles to unblock larger streaming platforms
PERFECT FOR STREAMING:IPVanish is a zero-logs service that boasts reliable, high-speed connections, strong security features, and decent unblocking ability, making it perfect for anyone looking to safely stream Food Network abroad. A seven-day money-back guarantee is included.
For more information, read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN may not have the largest network around (150 or so servers in 60+ countries) but it’s still well worth your consideration. This is one of the fastest VPNs we’ve tested and it boasts exceptional unblocking ability meaning you can use it to access not just the Food Network, but also services like Netflix, Sling TV, and BBC iPlayer. Further, this service allows six simultaneous connections, so you can watch across all of your devices.
With 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection against WebRTC, IPv6, and DNS leaks, PrivateVPN ensures your traffic is secure at all times. There’s even a feature that scrambles your traffic, hiding the fact that you’re using a VPN in the first place. You can pay with Bitcoin if you’d like but PrivateVPN follows a strict no-logging policy so you can’t be traced either way. Support is on-hand 22 hours per day should you run into any problems.
PrivateVPN offers MacOS, iOS, Windows, and Android apps. Manual installation is required for use with Linux-based systems or wireless routers.
- Keeps no logs whatsoever
- Very fast speeds
- Growing reputation for unblocking popular streaming sites from anywhere
- Doesn’t have 24/7 live chat
- Fewer servers to choose from than other providers higher on this list
ZERO-LOGS PROVIDER:PrivateVPN is ideal for streaming thanks to its above-average speeds, strong focus on security, and no-logging policy. What’s more, it easily unblocks Food Network and similar services abroad. This VPN includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out the complete PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is a high-speed, security-conscious service with more than 1,000 servers in 60+ countries (including the US). With decent speeds, no data caps or bandwidth limits, and strong unblocking ability, this VPN makes it easy to stream the Food Network online from abroad. There’s one more standout feature, though: Surfshark has no connection limit. This means you can protect every device you own with a single account.
This service clearly takes your security seriously. 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protection against WebRTC, DNS, and IPv6 leaks are all enabled by default, plus there’s a built-in ad-blocker and malware-scanner. This VPN accepts Bitcoin, Etherium, and Ripple, and it doesn’t log any information that could identify you.
Surfshark has Linux, Android, MacOS, iOS, and Windows apps. If you’d prefer, you can manually install it on your home router.
- Connect as many devices as you like
- Strong commitment to your security
- Keeps no logs
- Some slow speeds
NO CONNECTION LIMIT:Surfshark has decent speeds, powerful security features, strong unblocking ability, and no connection limit, making it an excellent choice for streaming Food Network abroad. Best of all, this service offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read the full Surfshark review for more information.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Hotspot Shield has roughly 3,200 servers in 70+ countries, making it easy to access a whole range of geo-blocked platforms. As well as unblocking Food Network US, this VPN lets you use major platforms like Netflix US, Sling TV, and ITV Hub. What’s more, with apps for all major operating systems and up to five simultaneous connections permitted, there are very few limits on what you can watch or where you can stream.
This VPN secures your traffic with 256-bit encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch (on Windows). It also boasts split-tunneling functionality and the ability to automatically connect when you use a wifi hotspot. Hotspot Shield doesn’t log any personally identifiable information beyond the duration of your session. You can contact customer support 24/7 over live chat.
Hotspot Shield has apps for iOS, Windows, Android, and MacOS.
- Decent speeds and unblocking ability
- Fairly large network
- Good range of security settings
- Can’t be installed on Linux or routers
- Some past privacy concerns
FAST AND RELIABLE:Hotspot Shield unblocks services like the Food Network with ease, but it also provides strong security features, high-speed connections, and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
We examine this service in greater detail in our full Hotspot Shield review.
Can I live stream Food Network US abroad with a free VPN?
Free VPNs might seem like an easy way to watch Food Network US abroad but in reality, they have several real disadvantages compared to their paid competitors. To begin with, free services often have too few servers to support all of their users. This leads to very slow speeds, which result in excessive stuttering and buffering whenever you try to stream. Further, these VPNs are usually the first to be blacklisted by streaming services, so even if you find a reasonably fast one, you still might not be able to watch Food Network from abroad.
VPNs are supposed to enhance your security, but some free services actually do the opposite. In fact, research found that almost 40% of tested free VPNs contained malware. Even the virus-free ones didn’t guarantee your privacy, as almost one-in-five failed to use any encryption whatsoever. Finally, there’s no easy way to tell what a free provider does with your data; it’s possible they could be selling it to advertisers without your knowledge.
Using a security-first VPN with a clearly-worded, privacy-oriented logging policy is the best way to stay safe online.
What can I watch on Food Network US?
The Food Network’s US website allows you to stream live TV and watch new episodes of its shows on-demand, just in case you missed one. Below, we’ve listed some of the most popular titles you can stream on Food Network US:
- Beat Bobby Flay
- Worst Cooks in America
- Girl Meets Farm
- Back to Basics
- The Kitchen
- The Pioneer Woman
- Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
- Trisha’s Southern Kitchen
- Kids Baking Championship
- 1 How to watch Food Network live online from abroad using a VPN
- 2 Best VPNs for watching Food Network US abroad
- 3 1. ExpressVPN
- 4 2. CyberGhost
- 5 3. NordVPN
- 6 4. IPVanish
- 7 5. PrivateVPN
- 8 6. Surfshark
- 9 7. Hotspot Shield
- 10 Can I live stream Food Network US abroad with a free VPN?
- 11 What can I watch on Food Network US?