If you’ve tried watching FuboTV abroad, chances are you’ve come across the following message:
We’re sorry, FuboTV content is currently not available in your location.”
This means that watching FuboTV overseas isn’t possible without a VPN.
VPNs help with watching FuboTV in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, or indeed anywhere outside the US. They do this by sending your device’s internet traffic through an encrypted tunnel to servers located elsewhere in the world. By connecting to a server in the US, for instance, you’ll be provided with a US IP address and therefore be able to watch FuboTV abroad.
While we recommend you read on to find out all about the best VPNs for FuboTV, here’s a quick summary just in case you’re short of time:
Best VPNs for watching FuboTV outside the US
- NordVPN: 1,900 servers in the US. Able to unblock FuboTV, Netflix, and more. Use on up to 6 devices. Includes 24/7 support and is highly secure with a no-logs policy. Risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: Choice of hundreds of US servers for watching FuboTV. Features strong security with 256-bit encryption and a strict no-logs policy. Connect up to 7 devices.
- ExpressVPN: High speed servers across the US. Unblocks FuboTV and Netflix. Easy to use apps and strong security with powerful encryption. Includes 24/7 live chat support.
- IPVanish: US-based VPN service capable of unblocking FuboTV. Servers in over a dozen US cities. Allows any number of simultaneous connections. Strong encryption and a no-logs policy.
- PrivateVPN: Fast servers, ideal for streaming FuboTV, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video. Connect up to 6 devices. Protects your privacy with strong security features and a no-logs policy.
Not all VPNs are able to unblock FuboTV abroad. Further, many VPNs have slow servers and poor security. We’ve found the best VPNs for FuboTV by choosing only those that meet the following criteria:
- Servers in the US to unblock FuboTV
- Fast speeds for streaming content without buffering or lag
- Secures your data with encryption and no-logs policy
- Customer support via live chat and email, preferably 24/7
- Easy-to-use apps for desktop and mobile
- Allows simultaneous connections on multiple devices
Best VPNs for FuboTV
Here’s our list of the best VPNs to watch FuboTV outside the US:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN has more servers than most VPNs, particularly in the United States. Of its 5,500 servers, some 1,900 are in the US. Needless to say, you shouldn’t have any issues unblocking FuboTV overseas. In fact, this VPN is also known to unblock popular streaming services including Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Go. NordVPN offers plenty of optimised servers that are perfect for P2P sharing, getting a dedicated IP address, or even accessing the internet in countries with strict online censorship.
There are many features that make NordVPN one of the best value VPNs around. In particular, it can be used on up to 6 devices simultaneously. There’s also 24/7 live chat support should you need it. However, it’s also the security that stands out. Headquartered in Panama, NordVPN operates a strict no-logs policy. There’s also 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, ad-blocker, and DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection.
NordVPN apps are available for the following: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and Android TV. There’s also the option of browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox. Routers require manual configuration.
- Over 1,900 servers in the US
- Unblocks FuboTV, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go and more
- Excellent security with encryption and no-logs policy
- 24/7 live chat support
- Use on up to 6 devices simultaneously
- Desktop apps sometimes take a while to connect
BEST VPN FOR FUBOTV:NordVPN has 1,900 US servers and is able to unblock FuboTV as well as Netflix. Allows up to 6 simultaneous connections. Has a strict no-logs policy to protect your privacy and offers live chat support, 24/7. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it risk-free.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost is a fast VPN service with servers in 90 countries, including the US. It has just over 1,100 servers in the US in total, allowing you to unblock FuboTV, Netflix US, and Hulu from anywhere. CyberGhost states that it offers unlimited bandwidth and traffic so streaming should be a seamless experience, with no noticeable buffering or lag. If you do have a problem, you can get help from customer support via live chat or email.
Families will appreciate this VPN as it allows simultaneous connections on up to 7 devices. CyberGhost is also very beginner-friendly, with a great selection of simple, easy-to-use apps for several different platforms. Your privacy is protected through a no-logs policy and 256-bit AES encryption. There’s also protection from DNS and IP leaks, an ad-blocker, and an automatic kill switch which cuts your internet traffic should the VPN connection drop, preventing your data from being exposed.
You can use CyberGhost apps for Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, Android TV, and Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV. Browser extensions are offered for Chrome and Firefox. Supported routers require manual installation.
- Unlimited bandwidth for streaming FuboTV, Netflix US and Hulu
- Network of over 3,500 servers, 700 of which are in the US
- Strong security with a no-logs policy to protect your privacy
- Simultaneous connections on up to 7 devices
- Easy-to-use apps for a variety of platforms
- Could offer more control over advanced functionality
BEST BUDGET VPN:CyberGhost is a reliable choice for streaming FuboTV. It also offers great value, allowing up to 7 connections. Includes beginner-friendly apps and plenty of security features including encryption and a no-logs policy. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN makes watching FuboTV outside the US easy. Based in the British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN has a network of over 3,000 servers in 94 countries. It’s fast and can unblock not only FuboTV, but also Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Unlike some VPNs and ISPs, this VPN service doesn’t throttle your connection. Instead, it offers unlimited bandwidth which makes for smooth streaming without any noticeable buffering.
This VPN is easy to set up and use. Its apps and browser extensions allow you to connect in seconds, and, you can use ExpressVPN to secure up to 3 devices at the same time. ExpressVPN offers 24/7 support via email and live chat. We’ve tested this service’s support features for ourselves and found staff to be very quick and helpful in their responses.
Not only is ExpressVPN fast and able to unblock FuboTV outside the US, it’s also a highly secure service. It protects your data with 256-bit AES encryption, kill switch, and split tunneling. There’s also protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks. ExpressVPN doesn’t log any information by which users could be identified, such as IP addresses or browsing history.
ExpressVPN offers apps for desktop (Windows, Mac and Linux), mobile (Android and iOS), and routers. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available.
- Fast and reliable VPN service for streaming FuboTV outside the US
- Also unblocks the likes of Netflix and Amazon Prime Video
- Doesn’t keep logs of your activity
- Includes 24/7 support via live chat and email
- Slightly more expensive than most rival VPN services
CONSISTENT STREAMING:ExpressVPN unblocks FuboTV abroad. Also works with Netflix. Network of over 3,000 servers worldwide. Offers fast and reliable connections and user-friendly apps. Secure with encryption and includes 24/7 live chat support. A 30-day money-back guarantee is included.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish is headquartered in the United States and has hundreds of servers spread across over a dozen cities including Chicago, Las Vegas, and New York. It’s able to unblock FuboTV and the speeds it offers are ideal for streaming. Better still, IPVanish lets you connect all of your devices simultaneously via a single account — far more than most rival VPNs allow.
The IPVanish apps are very easy to use, even for beginners. While you can quickly connect to the best available server, there’s also the option to search by region and even latency. It’s possible to save your favourite servers which is highly convenient option and allows you to save time in the future. The security features offered by IPVanish include 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and lPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch. IPVanish states that it has a zero-logs policy and doesn’t store any details of its customers’ activities.
IPVanish offers apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire Stick/Fire TV. Manual configuration is needed for Linux and routers.
- Servers in over a dozen US cities for watching FuboTV abroad
- Connect up to 10 devices simultaneously
- User-friendly apps for desktop, mobile and Amazon Fire Stick
- Operates a zero-logs policy and secures your data with encryption
- Doesn’t accept cryptocurrency (Bitcoin)
- Can’t unblock some popular streaming services
CONNECT ALL YOUR DEVICES:IPVanish lets you connect any number of devices simultaneously – great for families. Operates fast servers in multiple US cities including New York. Apps are quick and easy to use. Security includes encryption and kill switch. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN is ideal for watching FuboTV abroad as it offers fast and reliable servers in the US. This means you should experience consistent streaming even when watching live 1080p video. While this is a smaller VPN service with approximately 150 servers in total, PrivateVPN allows you to connect to multiple US cities including Los Angeles and New York. You can also use this service to unblock Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO Go.
The best VPNs for FuboTV allow you to connect multiple devices simultaneously and PrivateVPN is no different, permitting up to 6 connections at once. The apps are very straightforward and make connecting to a server quick and convenient. PrivateVPN doesn’t keep any connection or traffic logs and protects your data with 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and lPv6 leak protection, and an automatic kill switch.
PrivateVPN can be used via the apps for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It can also be used with Linux and routers but manual installation is required in these cases.
- Fast speeds for streaming FuboTV, Netflix and BBC iPlayer
- Security features include encryption and a kill switch
- Lets you have up to 6 simultaneous connections
- Beginner-friendly apps for desktop and mobile
- Small network of around 150 servers
- No Chrome or Firefox browser extensions
GREAT FOR STREAMING:PrivateVPN unblocks most popular streaming sites including FuboTV and Netflix. It has fast servers for buffer-free streaming. Connect up to 6 devices. User-friendly apps and strong security with encryption and a no-logs policy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
How to watch FuboTV outside the US with a VPN
The beauty of our recommended VPNs is that they make unblocking FuboTV in countries like Spain, Canada, and Mexico quick and easy. Here’s what you need to do in order to watch FuboTV overseas:
How to watch FuboTV abroad
- Sign up with one of the best VPNs for FuboTV – we recommend NordVPN for watching FuboTV in Australia, Canada, and Mexico. It works anywhere!
- Download the appropriate app for your operating system. All of the best VPNs for FuboTV offer apps for desktop and mobile. Some also offer browser extensions.
- Open the VPN app or browser extension and connect to a server in the US.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies. This ensures that FuboTV forgets your actual IP address and location and accepts that of your VPN.
- Go to FuboTV and select the content you want to watch which should now be unblocked. If not, it’s always worth trying more than one server.
Can I use a free VPN to watch FuboTV abroad?
Unfortunately, FuboTV is actively blocking many VPNs which means many free VPNs won’t work. Those free VPNs that can unblock FuboTV tend to be too slow for streaming, with lots of buffering and lag. The reason for this is that free VPNs have a lot of users and too few servers to cope. Bandwidth throttling is therefore commonplace in an attempt to manage this. As such, watching FuboTV abroad with a free VPN is often a frustrating experience.
You’ll also find that free VPNs are not as secure as the best VPNs for FuboTV. For starters, many don’t use encryption to secure your data and most lack the no-logs policy required to ensure your privacy. Indeed, some free VPNs collect your data and sell it to third parties. Instead of a free VPN, we recommend you choose a quality paid VPN that offers fast speeds for streaming and strong security for your online privacy.
What can I watch on FuboTV?
FuboTV is an American over-the-top internet TV service that lets you stream over 100 live television channels. These include the following:
- Fox Sports 1
- National Geographic
- NFL Network
- Comedy Central
- beIN Sports
- Food Network
What devices can I use with FuboTV?
FuboTV is accessible via web browsers such as Chrome. However, FuboTV apps are also available, allowing you to download and watch FuboTV on the following devices:
- Android smartphones
- Android tablets
- Apple TV (4th & 5th Generations)
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
Why does FuboTV block VPNs?
FuboTV only purchases the rights to show its content in specific regions. However, to tell if you're in one of these countries or not, it has to be able to see your actual location, which it can't do if you're using a VPN.
Of course, VPN-detection systems aren't foolproof. That's why there are still some services capable of unblocking fuboTV from outside of the US. Moreover, even if one of these services is blocked, most major providers should be able to find a workaround in matter of days.
I'm using a VPN but still get an error message, what should I do?
If you're connected to a VPN and still seeing an error message on fuboTV, it's likely that your VPN has been detected. In this situation, we'd advise getting in touch with your provider directly and asking if there are specific servers you should be using to unblock fuboTV. If not, your only real option is to try a different service entirely.
- Best VPNs for FuboTV
- 1. NordVPN
- 2. CyberGhost
- 3. ExpressVPN
- 4. IPVanish
- 5. PrivateVPN
- How to watch FuboTV outside the US with a VPN
- Can I use a free VPN to watch FuboTV abroad?
- What can I watch on FuboTV?
- What devices can I use with FuboTV?
- Why does FuboTV block VPNs?
- I'm using a VPN but still get an error message, what should I do?