If you’ve tried to watch FuboTV abroad, you will have come across the following error message:
We’re sorry, FuboTV content is currently not available in your location.”
This is caused by geo-restrictions, which means you’ll need a VPN to stream FuboTV abroad. A VPN can help you watch FuboTV in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, or anywhere outside the US. However, not every VPN works with FuboTV, which is why you must pick the right service.
In this guide, we will explain how to use a VPN to unblock Fubo TV. VPNs work by sending your device’s internet traffic through an encrypted tunnel to servers located elsewhere in the world. By connecting to a server in the US, you get temporary use of a US IP address which lets you watch FuboTV abroad.
The encrypted tunnel provided by a VPN also gives you online privacy. It prevents anybody from tracking what you do online. This can allow you to stream FuboTV at work or in school – even if it has been blocked on the network. Best of all, you can stream it without anybody noticing!
Later in this guide, we will provide mini-reviews about each of the best VPNs for FuboTV. In case you are short on time, here is a quick summary of our recommendations:
Best VPNs for watching FuboTV outside the US
- NordVPN: Our #1 choice for FuboTV. 1,900+ servers in the US. Works with FuboTV, Netflix, and more. Use on up to 6 devices. Includes 24/7 support. Strong encryption and a no-logs policy. Risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: Best bargain VPN for FuboTV. Can be used on an unlimited number of devices with a single account. Easy to use on all platforms. No logs policy. Works to access FuboTV, Netflix, Hulu, and more. Lots of advanced features.
- CyberGhost: The best option for beginners. Hundreds of US servers for watching FuboTV. Strong security with 256-bit encryption and a strict no-logs policy. Connect up to 7 devices simultaneously. Works with Netflix.
- ExpressVPN: High-speed servers across the US and in 94 countries. Works with FuboTV and two dozen Netflix catalogs. Easy to use apps and strong security with powerful encryption. Includes 24/7 live chat support.
- IPVanish: A US-based VPN service that unblocks FuboTV. Servers in over a dozen US cities. Allows any number of simultaneous connections. Strong encryption and a no-logs policy.
- PrivateVPN: Fast servers. Works with FuboTV, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and many more. Connect up to 10 devices. Protects your privacy with strong security features, including a kill switch and obfuscation. No-logs policy.
- Atlas VPN: Powerful unblocking. Works with FuboTV and Prime Video. High-speed servers and unlimited simultaneous connections. MultiHop servers.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for fuboTV with no restrictions for a month. This is perfect for anyone who wants to stream live sports during a trip away from home.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
Not all VPNs can unblock FuboTV abroad. Further, many VPNs have slow servers and poor security. We’ve found the best VPNs for FuboTV by choosing only those that meet the following criteria:
- Servers in the US to unblock FuboTV
- Fast speeds for streaming content without buffering or lag
- Easy-to-use apps for desktop and mobile
- Allows simultaneous connections on multiple devices
Best VPNs for FuboTV
Later in this article, we will provide additional information about how our experts test and recommend VPNs. Until then, here’s our list of the best VPNs to watch FuboTV outside the US:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN has more servers than most VPNs, particularly in the United States. Of its 5,000 servers, over 1,900 are in the US. Needless to say, you shouldn’t have any issues unblocking FuboTV overseas. In fact, this VPN is also known to work with many popular streaming services including YouTube TV, Hulu, and HBO Max.
NordVPN offers plenty of optimized servers that are perfect for torrenting, getting a dedicated IP address, or even accessing the internet in countries with strict online censorship.
There are many features that make NordVPN one of the best value VPNs around. In particular, it can be used on up to 6 devices simultaneously. There’s also 24/7 live chat support should you need it.
Headquartered in Panama, NordVPN operates a strict no-logs policy. There’s also 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, ad-blocker, and DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection.
NordVPN apps are available for the following: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and Android TV. There’s also the option of browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox. Routers require manual configuration.
- Over 1,900 servers in the US
- Works with FuboTV, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, and more
- Excellent security with encryption and no-logs policy
- 24/7 live chat support
- Use on up to 6 devices simultaneously
- Desktop apps sometimes take a while to connect
BEST VPN FOR FUBOTV:NordVPN has 1,900 US servers and is able to securely access FuboTV as well as Netflix. Allows up to 6 simultaneous connections. Has a strict no-logs policy to protect your privacy and offers live chat support, 24/7. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it risk-free.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is a provider based in the British Virgin Islands, a location that is superb in terms of privacy due to its lack of mandatory data retention directives. Plus, this VPN has a watertight no-logs policy that ensures everything you do online always stays completely private.
This VPN has servers in over 60 countries, which allows you to easily bypass geo-restrictions and censorship. Its servers in the US can allow you to stream FuboTV while on vacation, or at work if it has been blocked. Plus, this VPN will work with Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and iPlayer, to name a few.
Apps are available for all popular platforms, and you can use this VPN on an unlimited number of devices. This makes it exceptional value for money and ideally suited to families and people who own loads of devices. And this VPN recently came out fastest in our tests thanks to its WireGuard implementation.
It even has a kill-switch, DNS leak protection, obfuscation, and built-in adblocking and malware protection. And it throws in a free Smart DNS service. An incredible all-rounder with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Tons of servers in the USA to stream FuboTV
- Allows an unlimited number of connections
- Apps for all platforms and devices
- Fastest VPN in our latest tests
- No logs policy and robust encryption
- Some servers are faster than others
BEST BUDGET FUBOTV VPN:Excellent value thanks to unlimited connections. Easy to use. Apps for all devices. Built-in malware protection. Servers in over 60 countries. P2P connections and torrenting are permitted. Kill-switch and obfuscated servers. Works with Netflix. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN makes watching FuboTV outside the US easy. Based in the British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN has a network of over 3,000 servers in 94 countries. It’s fast and can unblock FuboTV. It also works with Hulu and Amazon Prime Video.
Unlike some VPNs and ISPs, this VPN service doesn’t throttle your connection. Instead, it offers unlimited bandwidth, which makes for smooth streaming without any noticeable buffering.
This VPN is easy to set up and use. Its apps and browser extensions allow you to connect in seconds, and, you can use ExpressVPN to secure up to 3 devices at the same time. ExpressVPN offers 24/7 support via email and live chat. We’ve tested this service’s support ourselves and found the staff to be very quick and helpful in their responses.
Not only is ExpressVPN fast and able to unblock FuboTV outside the US, it’s also a highly secure service. It protects your data with 256-bit AES encryption, kill switch, and split tunneling. There’s also protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks. ExpressVPN doesn’t log any information by which users could be identified, such as IP addresses or browsing history.
ExpressVPN offers apps for desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux), mobile (Android and iOS), and routers. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available.
- Fast and reliable VPN service for streaming FuboTV outside the US
- No issues with the likes of Netflix and Amazon Prime Video
- Doesn’t keep logs of your activity
- Includes 24/7 support via live chat and email
- Slightly more expensive than most rival VPN services
CONSISTENT STREAMING:ExpressVPN unblocks FuboTV abroad. Also works with Netflix. Network of over 3,000 servers worldwide. Offers fast and reliable connections and user-friendly apps. Secure with encryption and includes 24/7 live chat support. A 30-day money-back guarantee is included.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost is a fast VPN service with servers in over 90 countries. It has more than 1,200 servers in the US, allowing you to securely access FuboTV, Netflix US, and Hulu on any device.
CyberGhost states that it offers unlimited bandwidth and traffic, which makes streaming a seamless experience, with no noticeable buffering or lag. If you have any setup problems, you can get help from customer support via live chat or email 24/7.
Families will appreciate this VPN because you can use it on up to 7 devices at the same time, which allows it to be easily shared. CyberGhost is also very beginner-friendly, with a great selection of simple, easy-to-use apps for several different platforms.
Your privacy is by a no-logs policy and 256-bit AES encryption. There’s also protection from DNS and IP leaks, an ad-blocker, and an automatic kill switch that cuts your internet traffic should the VPN connection drop, preventing your data from being exposed.
You can use CyberGhost apps for Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, Android TV, and Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV. Browser extensions are offered for Chrome and Firefox. Supported routers require manual installation.
- Unlimited bandwidth for streaming FuboTV, Netflix US, and Hulu securely
- Network of over 7,000 servers, 1,200+ of which are in the US
- Strong security with a no-logs policy to protect your privacy
- Simultaneous connections on up to 7 devices
- Easy-to-use apps for a variety of platforms
- Could offer more advanced features
BEST BUDGET VPN:CyberGhost is a reliable choice for streaming FuboTV. It also offers great value, allowing up to 7 connections. Includes beginner-friendly apps and plenty of security features including encryption and a no-logs policy. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish is headquartered in the United States and has hundreds of servers spread across over a dozen cities including Chicago, Las Vegas, and New York. It’s able to unblock FuboTV and the speeds it offers are ideal for streaming. Better still, IPVanish lets you connect all of your devices simultaneously via a single account — far more generous than many of its rivals.
The IPVanish apps are very easy to use, even for beginners. While you can quickly connect to the best available server, there’s also the option to search by region and even latency. It’s possible to save your favorite servers, which is a convenient option that saves you time in the future.
The security features offered by IPVanish include 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and lPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch. IPVanish states that it has a zero-logs policy and doesn’t store any details of its customers’ activities.
IPVanish offers apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire Stick/Fire TV. Manual configuration is needed for Linux and routers.
- Servers in over a dozen US cities for watching FuboTV abroad
- Connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously
- User-friendly apps for desktop, mobile, and Amazon Fire Stick
- Operates a zero-logs policy and secures your data with encryption
- Doesn’t accept cryptocurrency (Bitcoin)
- Can’t unblock some popular streaming services
CONNECT ALL YOUR DEVICES:IPVanish lets you connect any number of devices simultaneously – great for families. Operates fast servers in multiple US cities including New York. Apps are quick and easy to use. Security includes encryption and kill switch. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN is ideal for watching FuboTV abroad as it offers fast and reliable servers in the US. This means you should experience consistent streaming even when watching live 1080p video.
While this is a smaller VPN service with over 200 servers in total, PrivateVPN allows you to connect to multiple US cities including Los Angeles and New York. You can also use this service with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO Go.
The best VPNs for FuboTV allow you to connect multiple devices simultaneously and PrivateVPN is no different, permitting up to 10 connections at once. The apps are very straightforward and make connecting to a server quick and convenient.
PrivateVPN doesn’t keep any connection or traffic logs and protects your data with 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and lPv6 leak protection, and an automatic kill switch.
PrivateVPN can be used via the apps for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It can also be used with Linux and routers but manual installation is required in these cases.
- Fast speeds for streaming securely on FuboTV, Netflix, and BBC iPlayer
- Security features include encryption and a kill switch
- Lets you have up to 10 simultaneous connections
- Beginner-friendly apps for desktop and mobile
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Fewer servers in each location compared with some competitors
- No Chrome or Firefox browser extensions
GREAT FOR STREAMING:PrivateVPN unblocks most popular streaming sites including FuboTV. Works to access Netflix securely. Has fast servers for buffer-free streaming. Connect up to 10 devices. User-friendly apps, strong encryption, and a no-logs policy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Atlas VPN is a highly reliable choice for bypassing geographic restrictions. Aside from FuboTV, it works very well with Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and more. Servers are available across dozens of countries including the US. Better still, this VPN offers the WireGuard protocol which means fast speeds for streaming FuboTV in high definition without lag or buffering. There’s also unlimited bandwidth.
When you connect to an Atlas VPN server, you’ll benefit from 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. However, this VPN offers even more security features such as MultiHop servers and an ad, malware, and tracker blocker. Got a lot of devices to secure? This VPN doesn’t have a connection limit so you can use it on as many devices as you like. Atlas VPN doesn’t keep any identifying logs of its users.
Atlas VPN offers apps for the following: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. However, it doesn’t provide support for Linux or wireless routers.
- Consistent unblocking of FuboTV, Prime Video, and more
- Very fast speeds combined with unlimited bandwidth
- Connect all of your devices at the same time
- Smaller network consisting of roughly 700 servers
- No browser extensions available
MULTIHOP SERVERS:Atlas VPN is fast and works with FuboTV, Amazon Prime Video, and Netflix. Connect all of your devices at the same time. MultiHop servers for extra security. No identifying logs of users. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Atlas VPN review.
How to watch FuboTV outside the US with a VPN
The beauty of our recommended VPNs is that they make unblocking FuboTV in countries like Spain, Canada, and Mexico quick and easy. Here’s what you need to do in order to watch FuboTV overseas:
How to watch FuboTV abroad
- Sign up with one of the best VPNs for FuboTV – we recommend NordVPN for watching FuboTV in Australia, Canada, and Mexico. It works anywhere!
- Download the appropriate app for your operating system. All of the best VPNs for FuboTV offer apps for desktop and mobile. Some also offer browser extensions.
- Open the VPN app or browser extension and connect to a server in the US.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies. This ensures that FuboTV forgets your actual IP address and location and accepts that of your VPN.
- Go to FuboTV and select the content you want to watch. It will now be unblocked. If not, contact your VPN to find out which US server is optimized for streaming.
FuboTV VPN testing methodology
Picking a VPN is both exciting and difficult. There are literally dozens of consumer-facing VPNs and to the uninitiated, it can be extremely hard to differentiate between them. At Comparitech, we review hundreds of VPNs, and we understand that there are tons of cowboy services.
Many VPNs lie about the level of protection they provide while collecting your data and selling it to third parties. This is the opposite of what a VPN was designed to do, which is to provide you with privacy.
Other VPNs are slow and fail to provide access to popular international services. Others have vulnerabilities in their apps that render them useless, or worse yet, dangerous.
To ensure we only recommend the best VPNs for each use case. Our VPN experts rely on a carefully crafted VPN testing methodology. We check for IP, DNS, and WebRTC leaks to ensure the VPN is providing a secure tunnel for your data. We also check the encryption and the apps to ensure they are free of vulnerabilities and are reliable.
Finally, we test the VPN’s speeds to ensure it can keep up with your active online lifestyle to let you stream in HD, torrent, game, or make video calls. Plus, we ensure it works with FuboTV and other popular streaming platforms (which gives you an idea of how good it is at accessing just about anything!)
Below, we have included a list of other important features we considered when curating this article:
- Advanced apps with plenty of features including a kill-switch
- Customer support via live chat and email, preferably 24/7
- A global server network to make the VPN versatile and useful
- Value for money and a money-back guarantee to trial the service risk-free.
FuboTV VPN FAQs
Why does FuboTV block VPNs?
FuboTV only purchases the rights to show its content in specific regions. However, to tell if you're in one of these countries or not, it has to be able to see your actual location, which it can't do if you're using a VPN.
Of course, VPN-detection systems aren't foolproof. That's why there are still some services capable of unblocking fuboTV from outside of the US. Moreover, even if one of these services is blocked, most major providers should be able to find a workaround in matter of days.
I'm using a VPN but still get an error message, what should I do?
If you're connected to a VPN and still seeing an error message on fuboTV, it's likely that your VPN has been detected. In this situation, we'd advise getting in touch with your provider directly and asking if there are specific servers you should be using to unblock fuboTV. If not, your only real option is to try a different service entirely.