The best Kodi builds of 2021 are listed right here!
The Kodi media player is a high-powered, but bare-bones media player that’s enhanced with its addon infrastructure. You can install addons one-by-one, or you could install a Kodi build that includes a library of popular addons and a unique skin (or theme) that changes Kodi’s look and feel. (To learn more about the best Kodi addons for TV shows and movies, click here.)
If you’re new to Kodi, a build can reduce the time it takes to get up and running and save you a significant amount of time and frustration if you’re trying to install Kodi on a streaming device like the Amazon Firestick, Apple TV, Android, iPhone, or Raspberry Pi.
Warning: Kodi should only be used for content to which you have the legal right to access. Neither the Kodi Foundation nor Comparitech advocates the use of Kodi for piracy.
Note that some Kodi builds will install copyright-infringing addons. Our guide recommends the best Kodi builds but also helps you purge the risky addons, leaving you with the safe, legal addons and the awesome homebrewed skins
Best Kodi Builds 2021
The best Kodi addon builds for 2021 include:
- Xanax Build
- No Limits Magic Build
- Misfit Mods Lite
- Route 66
- Bcfc Joe’s Football Legends
- The Last Kingdom – Family Leia Build
There are hundreds of Kodi addon builds available across the web. While we haven’t tested every build out there, these are some of the best builds you’ll find with heavily customized themes and addons.
SPECIAL NOTE: Kodi builds can put you at risk if you install the wrong ones or allow them to install and update addons without your knowledge. We highly recommend you ONLY use these builds for the skins, customization options, and legitimate addons they include, and that you delete any infringing addons you find within them.
Beware: Some Kodi builds may contain malware
Unfortunately, when you download a Kodi build, there’s no way to really know what addons or addon repositories are getting added to your Kodi installation until after the build is installed.
All of the builds on this list have been tested and deemed safe at the time we tested them.
However, any build zip file may have been updated or hijacked to include addons or programs you don’t expect. You may unintentionally install malware during the process.
This happened to one Kodi user and tester, who posted a warning about it on the popular third-party Kodi Reddit forum, /r/Addons4Kodi. That user found that he had installed a cryptocurrency coin mining trojan while testing different builds.
We recommend running an antivirus program on any device you use with Kodi. Whether you’re running Kodi on Android, Windows, Linux, iOS, or macOS, Kodi addons come with an increased malware risk to your system. Even some once-popular addons, such as GAIA and Bubbles, carried malware, and infected millions of users without their knowledge.
Warning: Your ISP can see your Kodi streams
Although Kodi is a stand-alone app, the addons you install through builds mostly scrape popular websites to get their streams. As a result, your ISP can see all of your Kodi streaming activity.
ISPs can not only collect and sell your browsing data, but they can also hand over that data to third parties who request it. This makes your streaming data from Kodi builds insecure.
A VPN will hide all of your streaming activity behind a heavily encrypted, private data tunnel. When you connect to one, your streaming activity remains private, as does your true location.
See also: How to stop your ISP from tracking you
Among the best options we’ve tested for Kodi build users is IPVanish. Not only does it use military-grade encryption, but it also has apps for numerous devices, including the Amazon Fire TV stick. IPVanish can also be used on up to 10 devices at the same time, making it a good solution for Kodi users with multiple installations.
You should always start fresh before installing a Kodi build
The best thing to do when starting with a build is to have a fresh Kodi installation. You can download a fresh installing at kodi.tv/download.
A fresh install will help prevent any issues with installation conflicts between the build installation and other add-ons you may have already installed.
How to delete unwanted pirate add-ons
The main reason you’re installing Kodi builds is to get the extra features not typically located in a bare Kodi media center install. However, you may end up with some unwanted and unsavory addons in the process. Thankfully, you can delete these addons pretty easily.
This process will look different in different builds, as the skins change how your Kodi looks and feels.
Nevertheless, you can follow this generic process with almost any build:
- Find the name of the addon you want to remove.
- Right-click on the addon, and then click on Information.
- You will now see a screen that gives you options, such as “Disable”, but most importantly, one that says “Uninstall”.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
Your unwanted addon will not be uninstalled from your Kodi build. Note, however, that this will not actually delete the unwanted addon. It will still live on your system. If you want to completely delete the addon, you will need to find the zip file for the build you installed, open it, and completely delete the plugin with the name of the addon you want to delete.
Best Kodi Builds of 2021
When we talk about the “best” builds below, what we mean are the builds that have the best user interface for Kodi and provide the best experience. These are also the builds everyone is talking about, meaning we’ve only listed builds that are heavily user-approved.
1. Xanax Build
Build download size: 365.18 MB
Download location: http://xanaxrepo.com/repo/
# of video addons includes: 58
The Xanax build doesn’t come with any anxiety and depression pills, but it might help you feel better. This build has a smooth interface and a unique design. It even includes an introductory chime when you start up Kodi with the build installed.
There are a large number of exciting video addons pre-installed with this build, including addons for Disney+, NHK Live, NFL.com, YouTube, YouTube Music, Formula 1 and much more.
To install, you’ll need to download the Xanax Repo, head to the “Install from repository” section, then go to “Program add-ons”. From there, find the build installer and choose the build version for the version of Kodi you currently have installed. Xanax will work on versions 17 and 18 of Kodi.
Note: This build includes a large number of unofficial and copyright-infringing addons you’ll need to uninstall immediately, including Rising Tides, Maverick, Limitless, and Venom.
2. No Limits Magic Build
Build download size: 430.44 MB
Download location: https://www.nolimitswiz.appboxes.co/
# of video addons included: 59
The Kodi No Limits Build comes in several flavors, which include versions that have adult sections and those that don’t. You can also install a Lite or Full version of the build, so the download size can vary depending on the version you choose.
To install, you’ll need to download the No Limits Wizard, then pick the version you want from the wizard’s build menu.
Unlike some other builds, Kodi No Limits Build lets you install over top of your current build so you don’t have to completely erase or delete addons already installed. However, note that installing a build over the top of another build might break something in the installation, so it’s a good idea to do a fresh install.
Inside, you’ll find sections for TV Shows, Movies, Sports, Live TV, and more. Kodi No Limits Magic runs on the Aeon Nox SiLVO skin, which you can download and install separately from the developer. If all you’re looking for is that great Kodi skin without having to go through the process of deleting unwanted addons, we recommend installing the skin instead of the build.
Note: This build includes a fair number of copyright-infringing addons that you should delete immediately after installing it, as they could pose a security risk. These include Brettus Anime, 7 of 9, Venom, Limitless, and Spinz Cartoon Crazy.
3. Titanium Build
Build Download Size: 209.41MB
Download location: http://repo.supremebuilds.com/
# of video addons included: 17
Titanium was built from the ground up for speed. This build is super hardy, just like the name suggests, and designed to make your device work well while still streaming quality content through Kodi.
This build is currently housed in the Supreme Builds repository. You’ll need to download the repository, navigate to your list of repositories in Kodi, then access the build menu which features the Titanium Build. This build has not been updated for the absolute latest version of Kodi 18 but will work with the newest version.
You can easily install this build on devices with limited resources, like the Amazon Firestick. This build is also designed for the latest version of Kodi, version 18 Leia. Even with its size, though, there’s some notable addon bloat in this build so be sure to go through and delete the unnecessary addons so you can keep the beautiful skin.
Note: Although the Titanium Build takes a minimalist approach to the number of included addons, there are several you should delete immediately due to their copyright-infringing nature and safety concerns. These include Gaia (which was responsible for one of the biggest hacks in Kodi history), Exodus Redux, Seren, and The Crew.
4. MisFit Mods Lite
Build Download Size: 243.02 MB
Download location: http://misfitmods.com/mmwiz/repo/
# of video addons included: 23
MisFit Mods Lite is one of the most attractive Kodi mods around. Delivered with a rather explosive loading screen, the entire theme is designed with a heavily specialized format that makes it easy to access the best features that Kodi has to offer.
You’ll find this build in the MisFit Mods Repository. If you’re installing it on a limited-resource device, like the Amazon Firestick, make sure you choose the “Lite” version, as indicated in the title of this section. The build can be slow to load even with the Lite version because of all of the thematic medications, so makes sure you’re using the one best suited for your device.
This build is updated for Kodi version 18, but not the absolute latest version of 18, as of this time of writing.
Note: You’ll want to use the MisFit Mods Lite build primarily for the specialized theme. With the exception of YouTube, almost every other video add-on should be deleted due to copyright-infringement risks and security concerns.
5. Route 66
Build Download Size: 142 MB
Download location: http://ezzer-mac.com/repo
# of video addons included: 11
Get your kicks on Route 66, as the song goes. This Kodi build delivers a simple skin with an emphasis on the famous American highway that cuts across the US from the east coast to the west. And just like Route 66, the addon is extremely lightweight and free of frills. It only comes with 11 addons, most of which you’ll want to strike from the build to fill with your own, favorite addons available in the official Kodi addon repository.
Why turn to the Route 66 build? The absolutely gorgeous images overlaid on the backgrounds for each section. It delivers a rather impressive array of real images that highlight the beauty of Route 66.
Note: The Route 66 build is slim, but it still has several Kodi addons you should delete before using it for its awesome theme.
Build Download Size: 481.42 MB
Download location: http://multibuild.info/mbwiz/
# of video addons included: 26
Silvo is a fun Kodi build that with a good bit of emphasis on the available themes. Unlike most other Kodi builds which require you to install a single theme for each build, Silvo offers a standard build, which you can then add one of 20+ themes to after the installation. The Multibuild Wizard you use to install Silvo will prompt you to add a theme after you install Silvo.
This build is available through the Multibuild Wizard, which you can download and install directly; no repository needed. The size of the build means it’s best suited for devices with more resources, especially if you decide to install one of the many specialized themes on top of it.
The Silvo build is available for earlier versions of Kodi 18, and Kodi 17. As it has not been updated for the absolute latest version of Kodi 18, you may need to be mindful that something could break after installation. (Nothing did when we tested with Kodi version 18.7).
Note: The Silvo Build comes pre-installed with several copyright-infringing and security-concerning addons you should delete after you install the build. These include, but are not limited to, The USS Defiant, Taz, Venom, Rising Tides, and Scrubs V2.
Build Download Size: 362.97 MB
Download location: http://slamiousbuilds.com/repo/
# of video addons included: 47
Slamious is one of those Kodi builds that’s far from pretty and that people tend to love mostly for the addons it includes. It’s certainly “fully loaded”, but you’re going to want to pare that way down to make it significantly more useful, especially if you’re trying to install it on an Amazon Firestick or similar low-resource device.
This build is available in the Slamious Repo via the Slamious Wizard. The installation process is a bit slower because of the size compared to other available builds. Similar to Silvo, you can install a theme after you install the build, but there are only 3 theme options.
Unlike most other builds on our list, this build has been updated to the latest version of Kodi. It’s ready to work with Kodi version 18.7.
Note: The Slamious Build is packed with add-ons that should be deleted as soon as possible after installing it. Many of the addons in this build, including Skynet, Asgard, AcronaiTV, and Fen deliver copyright-infringing content and are have significant security risks.
8. Bcfc Joe’s Football Legends
Build Download Size: 78.77 MB
Download location: http://slamiousbuilds.com/repo/
# of video addons included: 0
This is about as lightweight of a build as you’re going to get, primarily because it comes with no add-ons. Instead, this build is gorgeously built from the ground up with a skin that you won’t find anywhere else. Bcfc Joe put a lot of love into this one, making it a build you should strongly consider if you want a soccer-themed Kodi build.
Bcfc Joe’s Football Legends is available in through EzzerMac Wizard in the EzzarMac repository.
This specific build was designed for Kodi 18.5 but will work if you have any other version of Kodi 18 installed. Note that because there might be some slight issues given Kodi is currently on 18.7, but you’re unlikely to experience any.
Note: Bcfc Joe’s Football Legends build has no addons installed, making it a clean and great build without any risks. The build does have preset menu items for copyright-infringing addons. You can delete these items from the menu in the skin settings.
9. The Last Kingdom – Family Leia Build
Build Download Size: 328.42 MB
Download location: https://pedrokingdom.com/repo/
# of video addons included: 29
The Last Kingdom has a futuristic feel to the theme with some fun specialized menu settings. The “Addons” section has been changed to “Apps”, and there are menu sections for Kids, Movies, Live TV, Sports, and more. There are addons for BBC, ITV, Adult Swim, and others that come pre-installed.
This build is available through the Last Kingdom Wizard, which is itself available through the Last Kingdom repository.
The build is designed for Kodi version 18.0. However, it should still work if you have a more recent version of Kodi, such as 18.7. Still, be aware that some issue could potentially arise when using a theme optimized for an older version of Kodi.
Note: This build has a large number of good addons, and some that are copyright-infringing and cause a privacy concern. Add-ons you may want to delete after installing this theme include Seren, cCloud TV, Wolf Pack, Oblivion and others.
Build download size: 393 MB
Download location: https://cellardoortv.com/repo/
# of video addons included: 90
Envision is about as “fully loaded” as you’re going to get in a fully-loaded Kodi build. That’s good and bad, depending on how you feel about the quality of addons you want to use. Positively, this build has a beautiful theme that’s distinctly futuristic with a lot of StarCraft feels to it. Negatively, there’s quite a bit of junk in there that you’re going to need to delete if you want to make it far more useful.
Note: While the interface is excellent on this build, most of the addons should be removed due to copyright infringement and privacy concerns.
How to install a Kodi Build
Generally, installing a Kodi build follows the same procedure. The general steps are below. We’ll then reveal the individual instructions for each of the builds mentioned in this article.
Here’s how to install a Kodi build:
- Add source to file manager.
- Install repository plugin. This step is not necessary in many cases, however.
- Install program add-on.
- Install build from the relevant wizard.
- Restart Kodi. After the installation process has been completed you will usually be asked to do a Kodi force close. On Windows, Linux and Mac OS, just choose OK. On Android, and iOS devices, unplug your device or close Kodi from your device’s task manager.
How to install the Xanax Kodi build
To install the Xanax Kodi build, you will need to do the following:
- Open Kodi and go to the File Manager via the gear symbol
- Select Add source and enter the following web address: “http://xanaxrepo.com/repo/“. Don’t forget to name it at the bottom of that screen
- Return to your home screen and select Addons, then go to the package symbol on the top left
- Click on Install from zip and click on the Xanax repo connection
- Click on the xanax-repo zip file to install
- Once installed, locate the Xanax repository, then find the build wizard in the Program addons section of the repository
- Install the build wizard, then follow the instructions in the build wizard to install the Xanax build
How to install the No Limits Magic Kodi build
To install the No Limits Magic build, you will need to do the following:
- Open Kodi and go to the File Manager via the gear symbol
- Select Add source and enter the following web address: https://www.nolimitswiz.appboxes.co/. Don’t forget to name it at the bottom of that screen
- Return to your home screen and select Addons, then go to the package symbol on the top left
- Click on Install from zip and click on the No Limits Magic connection
- Click on the No Limits Wizard zip file to install
- Once installed, go to your Program addons section in Kodi to launch the build wizard
- Locate the No Limits Magic Kodi build, then install the version matching your current Kodi version
How to install the Titanium Kodi build
The Titanium build can be installed using the following instructions:
- With Kodi open, click on the gear symbol and select File Manager
- Where you see <none>, enter the following web address “http://repo.supremebuilds.com/” Make sure to name it (such as Supreme Builds)
- Return to the Kodi home screen, then click on Addons and then the package symbol on the top left
- Select Install from zip and locate your Supreme Builds connection. Click the connection, then select the Supreme Builds repo to install it
- After the repository is installed, open it up and go to Program addons, and then Supreme Builds
- In the addon, click on Builds and find the Titanium build. From there, do either a fresh or standard install
- After you install the addon, Kodi will close. Open it up again to get your new build
How to install the MisFit Mods Kodi build
To install the MisFit Mods build, do the following:
- From your Kodi home screen, click on the gear symbol on the top left, then click on File manager
- Select Add source and then enter the following web address: “http://misfitmods.com/mmwiz/repo/” and name it at the bottom
- Now return to your Addons section from the home screen and select the package symbol on the top left
- From there, click on Install from zip and then click on your MisFit Mods connection, depending on what you named it
- Find and click on the “plugin.program.misfitmods” zip file to install it
- Dismiss any popups that appear
- Go to Program addons and find the MisFit Mods wizard. Click on it, then click on Builds
- Choose the MisFit Mods build that’s to your liking, and click to run the installation wizard
How to install the Route 66 Kodi build
To install the Route 66 build, you will need to do the following:
- Go to File manager from the settings and add “http://ezzer-mac.com/repo” as a source. Name is something easy to distinguish
- Now, return to the home screen and click on Addons
- Next, click on Install from zip and locate your Reddit Reaper repo connection
- Click on the repository.EzzerMacsWizard.zip file to install
- Return to the previous screen and select Install from repository
- Now, go to EzzerMacs Wizard Repository, select Program addons, and then Dystopia Wizard. Finally, click Install
- Ignore all of the popups. Return to your home screen, select Addons, then Program Addons and then Dystopia Wizard
- From there, select find and install the Route 66 build
How to install the Silvo Kodi build
To install the Silvo build, do the following:
- Add “http://multibuild.info/mbwiz/” to your sources in the Kodi File Manager. Name the source
- Go to Addons>Package Symbol (top left)>Install from zip file
- Locate the Silvo build connection you just created and click on it. Then, click on the “plugin.program.mbxboxwiz.zip” file to install it
- Return to your Kodi home screen, then go to Addons>Program Addons. From there, locate and click on the Multibuild Wizard
- Locate the builds section of the wizard and find the Silvo build to install it
How to install the Slamious Kodi build
To install the Slamious build, do the following:
- Add “http://slamiousbuilds.com/repo/” to sources in the Kodi File Manager. Pick an easily-remembered source name, such as “Slamious build”
- Go to Addons from your Kodi home screen, then click on the package symbol on the top left. From there, click on Install from zip
- Find the source you just added and click on ti. Then, click on and install the Slamious Wizard 2.4 zip file
- Find the Slamious Wizard from your Addons>Program Addons section of Kodi. After loading the Slamious Wizard, locate the builds section to install the Slamious build
How to install Bcfc Joe’s Football Legends Kodi build
Bcfc Joe’s Football Legends build is available in the Slamious Wizard. To find it, following the same directions as above for the Slamious build. Once in the build section of the Slamious Wizard, just select Bcfc Joe’s Football Legends build from the builds menu.
How to install The Last Kingdom – Family Leia Build
To install The Last Kingdom – Family Leia Build, do the following:
- Go to Kodi, click on the gear symbol, and then click on File manager
- In the box that says <none>, enter the following web address “https://pedrokingdom.com/repo/“. Make sure to name it (such as Last Kingdom)
- Return to your home screen in Kodi and go to Addons and then the package symbol on the top left
- Select Install from zip and then choose the Last Kingdom connection
- Locate the “repository.lk” zip file and click to install it
- Once the repository is installed, go to it and select Program addons, and then install Last Kingdom Wizard
- In the Last Kingdom Wizard, click on Builds and find the Family Leia Build.
- After install, reset Kodi to finalize the build’s install
How to install the Envision Kodi build
To install the Envision Kodi build, do the following:
- Open Kodi and go to the settings (gear symbol) and then File manager
- Where it says none, enter the following web address: “https://cellardoortv.com/repo/“. Add the name Cdrepo for it at the bottom
- Now, from your Kodi home screen, click on Addons and then on the package symbol on the top left
- Click on Install from zip and then find and click on the Cdrepo connection
- Install the Cdrepo repository zip file from this location
- Next, return to the package installer screen, and click on Install from repository
- From there, locate the Cellar Door repository and click on it, then click on Program addons section
- Locate and click on CDTV Wizard to install the wizard. Click dismiss on any popups
- From your Kodi home screen, click on Addons > Program Addons and load the CDTV Wizard
- Click on the Wizard, and dismiss any popups. Then, go to Builds and locate the correct version of Envision.
- Best Kodi Builds 2021
- Beware: Some Kodi builds may contain malware
- Warning: Your ISP can see your Kodi streams
- You should always start fresh before installing a Kodi build
- How to delete unwanted pirate add-ons
- Best Kodi Builds of 2021
- 1. Xanax Build
- 2. No Limits Magic Build
- 3. Titanium Build
- 4. MisFit Mods Lite
- 5. Route 66
- 6. Silvo
- 7. Slamious
- 8. Bcfc Joe’s Football Legends
- 9. The Last Kingdom – Family Leia Build
- 10. Envision
- How to install a Kodi Build