The 24th season of The Bachelor will premiere on January 6 at 8 PM EST / 5 PM PST. Long-time fans might recognize this year’s bachelor; he’s Peter Weber, the pilot who previously came third in season 15 of The Bachelorette. There’s likely to be 13 episodes in total, and below we’ll explain how to watch The Bachelor season 24 live online, for free, from anywhere in the world (even if you’re abroad).
You should note that we’ll only be recommending official sources. The Bachelor is a wildly popular show, which means that unauthorized streams are almost inevitable. That said, we advise against using them: to begin with, the video quality tends to be very poor, and further, unlicensed streams can be quickly taken offline for copyright violation. With plenty of ways to watch The Bachelor season 24 legitimately, there’s no need for shady, third-party streams.
Season 24 of The Bachelor will only be available on region-locked streaming services. This means that if you’re abroad, outside of the US, you’ll need a VPN to connect to your usual home streaming services.
How to watch The Bachelor season 24 live online from abroad
Generally, streaming platforms find out which country you’re in by checking your IP address. By connecting to a VPN, though, you can switch your IP address to one that originates in another country. This means that you can, for instance, use an American VPN server to access US-based streaming services abroad. It’s simpler than it sounds; just follow the steps below.
Here’s how to watch The Bachelor season 24 live online free:
- First, sign up for a reputable VPN provider. We recommend ExpressVPN but CyberGhost and NordVPN are two excellent, low-cost alternatives.
- Now, download and install the VPN app. Note that there are usually a few different versions so make sure to get the appropriate app for your device,
- Log in and connect to one of your VPN’s American servers. The city you choose doesn’t really matter, but for the fastest speeds, we recommend using servers in whichever city is closest to you.
- Visit the ABC website and log in. You should now be able to watch The Bachelor from outside of the US, without any problems. If you can’t, try clearing your cookies and refreshing the page.
The Bachelor will air live each week. For this reason, we recommend taking a few minutes ahead of time to ensure that your VPN works as expected. This way, if you have any trouble, you’ll have plenty of time to get help from your VPN’s customer support team.
How to watch The Bachelor season 24 live on US TV
The Bachelor season 24 will air exclusively on ABC. This means that, if your cable package already includes this channel, you can just log in and watch every episode live, completely free of charge. Looking to stream The Bachelor without cable? In that case, you have two options.
The first is simply to wait an extra few hours. New episodes are added to ABC’s on-demand library the day after they air, and these can be watched without having to sign in. There’s no rush either since they won’t leave the service until around a month later.
Alternatively, you could sign up for an over-the-top service like Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, or AT&T TV Now. Although each of these comes with a free trial, they aren’t long enough to watch the whole series, and as such, you’ll have to pay eventually. Given the high price (ranging from $49.99–65 USD per month), most people would be better off just watching on-demand.
All of the services above are geo-blocked. This means that you’ll have to either be in the US or connected to an American VPN server to use them. ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee meaning you can try it risk-free.
Where else can I stream The Bachelor season 24 online?
Many countries now have their own regional spinoffs, so the US version of The Bachelor won’t see a wide international release. However, it will air in Canada. Take a look below to find out how you can watch:
Season 24 actually premieres an hour earlier in Canada; Citytv will show new episodes every week at 7 PM EST / 4 PM PST. If you plan on watching The Bachelor live online, you’re in luck; you don’t even have to create an account.
The downside is that you’ll need a Canadian TV subscription to watch anything on-demand, which makes missing an episode particularly devastating if you don’t have cable.
Citytv is only available in Canada. As such, if you’re abroad, you’ll have to use a VPN to stream The Bachelor online.
How does The Bachelor work?
If you’re new to the series, don’t worry about not being able to follow the format; The Bachelor actually has quite a simple premise. A single man (the bachelor) tries to find a wife from the pool of participants. To do so, he’ll spend time with each of them, either one-on-one or as part of a group date. At the end of each episode, he presents the women he’d like to stay with a rose, while the others are eliminated.
Who are the season 24 contestants?
This year, there are 30 contestants, from all kinds of backgrounds. Take a look below for a full list of The Bachelor season 24 contestants:
- Alayah Benevidez, 24-year old Miss Texas winner.
- Alexa Caves, a 27-year old esthetician from Springfield, Illinois.
- Avonlea Elkins, aged 27. A cattle rancher from Fort Worth, Texas.
- Courtney Perry, a 26-year old cosmetologist from Venice, Florida.
- Deandra Kanu, aged 23. She’s a home care coordinator from Maine.
- Eunice Cho, a 23-year old flight attendant from Chicago.
- Hannah Ann Sluss. 23 years old, a model, and a Tennessee native.
- Jade Gilliland, a 26-year-old flight attendant from Mesa, Arizona.
- Jasmine Nguyen, 25. A client relations manager from Houston, Texas.
- Jenna Serrano, 22, a nursing student from New Lenox, Illinois.
- Katrina Badowski, 28. An NBA dancer from St. Charles, Illinois.
- Kelley Flanagan, aged 27. She’s an attorney who lives in North Barrington, Illinois.
- Kelsey Weier, a 28-year-old clothier from Urbandale, Iowa.
- Kiarra Norman from Kennesaw, Georgia. A 23-year-old nanny.
- Kylie Ramos, aged 26. An entertainment sales associate from Davis, California.
- Lauren Jones, a 26-year old marketing executive from Glendale, California.
- Lexi Buchanan from Jacksonville, Florida. A 26-year old marketing coordinator.
- Madison Prewett, 23 years old, a foster parent recruiter from Auburn, Alabama.
- Maurissa Gunn, aged 23. A patient care coordinator from Laurel, Montana.
- Megan Hops, a flight attendant from San Bruno, California. Aged 26.
- Mykenna Dorn, a 22-year old fashion blogger from Langley, British Columbia.
- Natasha Parker, a 31-year old event planner from New York.
- Payton Moran, aged 24. A business development rep from Wellesley, Massachusetts.
- Sarah Coffin, a 24-year old medical radiographer from Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Savannah Mullins, aged 27. A realtor from Houston, Texas.
- Shiann Lewis, a 27-year old administrative assistant from Las Vegas.
- Sydney Hightower, a retail marketing manager from Birmingham, Alabama, 24 years old.
- Tammy Ly, a 24-year old house flipper from Syracuse, New York.
- Victoria Fuller, aged 26. A medical sales rep from Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- Victoria Paul, a nurse, aged 27, from Alexandria, Louisiana.