The fifth season of The Crown will arrive on November 9. There are expected to be 10 episodes in total, and the best part is they’ll all be released simultaneously, so there’s no need to wait weeks just to see what happens. So, how do you actually watch The Crown season five online? We’ll walk you through it below, and even explain how to keep streaming it if you go abroad.
Note that we’re only recommending official sources below. These are far more reliable, as they can’t be taken offline for copyright violation, and better still, they provide the highest possible video quality. With one reasonably-priced broadcaster showing The Crown in almost 40 countries, there’s no need to resort to shady third-party streams.
The Crown is only available on one geo-restricted streaming service, and there’s no guarantee it’ll be included in every regional library. As such, you may need a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to regain access to your usual content during a trip abroad.
How to stream The Crown online from abroad
VPNs are tools that encrypt your web traffic, stopping it from being monitored or throttled by your service provider. Of course, VPNs can also hide your true location, and we can use this to continue using our favorite services even in places where they aren’t normally accessible. Here’s how:
- First, you’ll need to sign up for a suitable VPN. We recommend NordVPN but Surfshark and ExpressVPN are two reliable, high-speed options that are great for streaming
- Install the VPN app onto any devices you use for streaming. Most providers permit at least five simultaneous connections, so it’s perfectly fine if you watch on multiple screens
- Log in and select a server in your home country. This will switch your IP address, making it seem like you never left, and helping you regain access to your usual streaming library
- Visit Netflix with the VPN active and try watching something. If you see an error or are only able to view Netflix Originals, clear your cookies and refresh the page. If this doesn’t fix your issue, contact your VPN’s support team for more assistance
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN offers a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for streaming The Crown with no restrictions for a full month. This is great for any international traveler hoping to keep watching their favorite show while on vacation abroad.
There are no hidden terms—just let customer support know within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
How to watch The Crown season 5 online
Once again, Netflix has exclusive rights to The Crown. It’ll be adding the entire fifth season on November 9, likely around midnight. Currently, 38 regional libraries include the first four seasons of The Crown, including the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, India, Japan, and Italy. As such, it’s almost certain that season 5 will be available in these locations too.
Unfortunately, Netflix no longer offers a free trial in any country, so regardless of where you are, you’ll have to pay. The exact amount varies by location, though, with Americans paying $15.49 per month and those in India paying the equivalent of US$6.13 for a Standard subscription.
Netflix may not show The Crown everywhere. If you’re traveling somewhere and have lost access to this title, you can use a VPN to view your usual content again. NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, giving you the chance to try it completely risk-free. If you’re unsatisfied, just cancel within 30 days to claim a full refund, no questions asked.
What can we expect from season five of The Crown?
There’s actually a trailer for The Crown season five that lets us know exactly what’s going on. This time, it’ll pick up in 1990, a period of time marked by one royal scandal after another. Princess Diana’s relationship with the then Prince Charles will be a major focus of this season, as will the differences between the actual family relationships the Windors have and the facade they maintain for the tabloids.
Is this the final season of The Crown?
Showrunner Peter Morgan has previously mentioned that season five of The Crown would be the last one, but thankfully, that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. In fact, Netflix have actually ordered a sixth and final season to wrap the whole franchise up. This would be set in the early 2000’s, a time when Prince William first met Kate Middleton, the Queen had her Golden Jubilee, and Prince Charles married Camilla Parker-Bowles.
Who stars in The Crown?
The Crown loves to switch out cast members, and things are no different this time around. Here is the main cast of season five:
- Imelda Staunton (Downton Abbey) as Queen Elizabeth
- Jonathan Pryce (Game of Thrones) as Prince Philip
- Dominic West (The Wire) as Prince Charles
- Elizabeth Debicki (The Night Manager) as Princess Diana
- Olivia Williams (Counterpart) as Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Lesley Manville (The Phantom Thread) as Princess Margaret
- Claudia Harrison (Humans) as Princess Anne
- Johnny Lee Miller (Trainspotting) as John Major
- James Murray (Primeval) as Prince Andrew