Good news for anyone frustrated by the long wait between Rick and Morty episodes: all eight episodes of Justin Roiland’s new show, Solar Opposites, will be released simultaneously on May 8. Don’t feel bad about streaming them all at once, though, since a second season is already in the works. Read on to find out how to watch Solar Opposites for free while traveling outside the US.
You might be tempted to try streaming Solar Opposites via unlicensed sources, but we strongly advise against it. These generally offer very poor video quality plus they can be taken down at any moment for copyright violation. Besides, you can make the most of free trials to watch Solar Opposites online for free, so there really is no need to use unlicensed streams.
This show will only air on region-locked platforms. As such, if you’re abroad (outside of the US) at the moment, you’ll have to connect to a Virtual Private Network (VPN) before you can watch.
How to stream Solar Opposites outside of the US
Unblocking geo-restricted content is actually quite simple with the right VPN. Follow the steps below to stream Solar Opposites from anywhere in the world.
Here’s how to watch Solar Opposites online abroad (outside US):
- First, decide which VPN you’d like to use. We recommend ExpressVPN but NordVPN and CyberGhost are both excellent low-cost alternatives.
- Next, download the VPN app and install it on any device you stream on regularly. Most providers permit around five simultaneous connections.
- Log in and connect to any of the available US servers. The city doesn’t matter but generally, a closer server will provide higher speeds.
- Visit the Hulu website and create an account if you don’t already have one. Note that you’ll require a payment method linked to an American address to do this.
- Once you’re registered, sign in and try watching something. Your video should play without any issues but if not, we’d recommend clearing your cookies and trying again. If you keep having problems, try a different server or contact your VPN’s customer support team for more info.
How to watch Solar Opposites online free in the US
You can watch Solar Opposites exclusively on Hulu US. We don’t know the exact time that it’ll arrive on the service but generally, Hulu adds new episodes in the mornings. This service usually costs $5.99 USD per month with ads or $11.99 without, but both plans come with a one-month free trial. As such, you can just sign up, stream every episode of Solar Opposites for free, and cancel to avoid being charged.
While Hulu is available in several countries, Solar Opposites will only be broadcast on the US version. This means that if you’re outside of the US, you’ll need a VPN. Still don’t have one? No problem: ExpressVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, allowing you to watch risk-free. If you’re unsatisfied, just cancel to claim a full refund.
Can I watch Solar Opposites on any other streaming services?
At the moment, there’s no word on whether Solar Opposites will be made available outside of the US. That said, Rick and Morty has fans all over the world, and if Solar Opposites proves even half as popular, it’d be crazy not to broadcast it internationally. Perhaps Hulu is just waiting to gauge the reaction to the first season before investing more money into a large-scale release. As ever, we’ll keep you up-to-date with any changes.
What is Solar Opposites about?
Solar Opposites follows a family of aliens who has fled to Earth, Superman-style, following the destruction of their home planet. However, while some of the family quickly adapt to human customs, others don’t take to their new world as easily.
Essentially, if you’re a Rick and Morty fan, you’ll find plenty familiar here. The trailer hints that this series will mainly tell self-contained stories instead of following an overarching plot and will have a similar sense of humor, veering from serious to absurd and back again at a breakneck pace.
Solar Opposites: cast and guest stars
This show has a stellar main cast, but there’ll also be several recognizable guest stars. Take a look below to see who’s in Solar Opposites season one:
- Justin Roiland (Rick and Morty) as Korvo
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) as Terry
- Sean Giambrone (The Goldbergs) as Yumyulack
- Mary Mack (Last Comic Standing) as Jesse
Confirmed guests include:
- Tiffany Haddish
- Christina Hendricks
- Andy Daly
- Alan Tudyk
- Alfred Molina