Call of Duty Warzone is now considered the king of free-to-play Battle-Royale video games. If you love the thrill of this multiplayer combat arena shooter, you probably also understand the heartache of being slaughtered seconds before you get the dub.
Luckily, there is a way to get matched with easier opponents so you can tear through lobbies time and time again. The answer is a VPN for Warzone.
A Virtual Private Network, or VPN for short, is an online tool that conceals your IP address from the websites you visit. By connecting to a VPN server before you play Warzone, you can trick the game’s servers into pairing you with noobs who don’t stand a chance. You can also prevent your ISP from throttling your internet speeds, which severely affects your chances of winning a game.
Not all VPNs are fast enough to let you play Warzone without lag, and not all VPNs access easier Warzone lobbies. To help you out, we have pinpointed VPNs for Warzone that work perfectly in 2023. Once you get through this article, the only question will be whether you can sleep at night after slaughtering a stack of beginners!
Below, you can take a quick look at the best Warzone VPN services. For more information, scroll down for in-depth summaries that will help you pick – as well as a guide on how to use a VPN to access easy lobbies.
The best VPNs for Warzone:
- NordVPN: The best VPN for Warzone. Servers in 59 countries. Super-fast NordLynx protocol for gaming, torrenting, and streaming in HD. Robust security and privacy features. Apps for all platforms to prevent ISP throttling. 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: Best budget VPN for Warzone. Servers in over 60 countries. Superfast WireGuard connections. Apps for all platforms. Strong privacy and security features. Excellent value for money. Connect an unlimited number of devices.
- ExpressVPN: Servers in 94 countries. Lightning-fast Lightway protocol. Ideal for gaming and streaming in HD. Allows torrenting. Outstanding 24/7 support. Robust AES-256 encryption.
- CyberGhost: 7200 servers in 89 countries. Fast speeds to play Warzone. Connect up to 7 devices. Strong privacy and security features. No logs.
- IPVanish: Apps for all platforms. Reliable and stable. Fast speeds for lag-free streaming and playing Warzone. 24/7 live chat support. Unlimited connections.
- PrivateVPN: Fast VPN for gaming, torrenting, and streaming. Works with Netflix. Use on up to 6 devices. Robust encryption and a kill-switch.
- Hotspot Shield: Fast Catapult Hydra protocol. Allows torrenting. Servers in 80 countries. No usage logs. Strong encryption.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN FOR WARZONE RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Warzone without limits or restrictions for a month – great if you want to play easy Warzone lobbies or avoid ISP throttling.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
Best VPNs for Call of Duty Warzone
Later in this guide, we will explain more about how we test and recommend VPNs for Warzone. Below you can see some of the important criteria we used to compile this list of the top Warzone VPNs:
- Superfast connections suitable for playing online games like Warzone
- Servers worldwide to help you find easier lobbies
- Apps for Windows to play Warzone on desktop PCs (or a Mac running Windows on Boot Camp)
- Outstanding customer service and value for money.
Use our detailed summaries to pick between the best VPNs for Warzone:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is a provider based in Panama that has everything you need to access foreign Warzone servers. The VPN has fast servers in 59 countries, including all the regions where Activision has servers. It is currently the fastest VPN in the world, which means it is also ideal for bypassing ISP throttling.
Apps are available for all popular platforms (including Windows to play Warzone) –, and you can install and use the VPN on up to 6 devices simultaneously. This means you can use the VPN at home and on public Wi-Fi, which makes it super versatile. It also means you can share your account with family members if you want to, which makes it even great value for money.
The apps come with plenty of advanced privacy and security features. This includes a kill-switch, obfuscation, DNS leak protection, Tor over VPN, and double-hop connections. Plus, this VPN even blocks access to websites known to contain malware.
To top it all off, this VPN has a watertight no logs policy that ensures everything you do online remains completely private both now and in the future. Finally, this VPN has 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can test it completely risk-free.
- Fast global server network to find easier Warzone lobbies
- Excellent for gaming thanks to its speedy NordLynx protocol
- Strong encryption and a zero logs policy
- Lots of advanced features and servers optimized for torrenting
- Apps for Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android
- Some servers are slow to connect initially
BEST VPN FOR Warzone:NordVPN is lightning fast for streaming and gaming. Allows torrenting. Very easy to use. Servers in 59 countries. Trustworthy no-logging policy. Connect up to 6 devices with a single subscription. Kill-switch and obfuscated servers. Free Smart DNS service. Risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is a consumer-favorite VPN for several reasons. The VPN has 3200+ servers in 65 countries, this prevents network congestion and ensures you can find easier Warzone lobbies located abroad.
The VPN has a solid no-logs policy, and it has apps for all platforms that come with robust AES encryption (OpenVPN protocol), a kill-switch, obfuscation, ad blocking, malware protection, DNS leak protection, and a SOCKS5 proxy. This makes it ideal for torrenting privately and securing your data from government snoops and eavesdroppers, whether at home or on public Wi-Fi.
Surfshark uses the super-fast WireGuard protocol. In our latest tests, we found it to be one of the fastest VPNs on the market. This makes it a fantastic option for HD streaming and playing Warzone, LoL, Fortnite, PUBG, or anything else. It also means it is ideal for bypassing ISP throttling when you play Warzone.
If you have any questions, you can count on its 24/7 live chat support. Finally, you can test this VPN risk-free for 30-days. An incredible all-rounder that is shockingly cheap and lets you use the VPN on an unlimited number of devices, meaning you can share it with friends and family.
- Lets you connect an unlimited number of devices with a single account
- Incredible speeds thanks to its WireGuard protocol
- Servers in 65 countries to play Warzone
- Solid zero-logs policy and robust AES encryption
- Works with Netflix and other popular streaming platforms
- Some servers are faster than others
BEST BUDGET VPN FOR WARZONE:Connect an unlimited number of devices. Fantastic value for money. Ideal for families and people who own many devices. Protects your privacy at home and on public Wi-Fi. Apps for all platforms. Built-in ad blocking and malware protection. Fast WireGuard connections. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN is a provider based in the British Virgin Islands, a location considered secure for privacy purposes because it is out of reach of invasive jurisdictions like the UK and the USA – and lacks any mandatory data retention directives.
The provider is a veteran in the industry, and it provides a well-rounded and feature-rich service. This includes robust apps for all platforms (including Windows to play Warzone), a no-logs policy, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, you can install it on up to 5 devices, which is enough for most power users.
To access foreign servers and find easier Warzone lobbies, ExpressVPN has over 3000 servers in 94 countries. Plus, its servers work with Netflix, iPlayer, Hulu, HBO Max, and other popular services. This superb all-rounder also allows torrenting.
To play games and to stream videos in HD you require excellent speeds, and Express obliges thanks to its proprietary Lightway protocol. Overall, a highly versatile VPN that is worth trialing using its 30-day money-back guarantee. The only real caveat is that it is a little pricey.
- Super-fast Lightway protocol is ideal for gaming, torrenting, and HD streaming
- Servers in 94 countries to find easy Warzone lobbies
- Robust AES encryption and obfuscation (OpenVPN protocol)
- Zero logs policy
- Works with 20+ Netflix regions
- Slightly more expensive than many competitors
RELIABLE AND VERSATILE:ExpressVPN makes it easy to play Warzone thanks to servers in 94 countries. Works to access Netflix, iPlayer, Hulu, HBO Max, DAZN and more. Super-fast Lightway protocol ideal for bypassing ISP throttling. Kill-switch and obfuscation. Allows torrenting. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of ExpressVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost is a provider based in Romania that is extremely easy to use. This makes it a superb Warzone VPN for beginners. It has uncomplicated apps for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and Firestick devices and TVs.
The VPN comes ready to use when you download it, which means all you need to do is pick a server abroad to play against easier lobbies. Plus, despite being highly accessible, this VPN has all the features you need to secure your digital footprint both at home and on public Wi-Fi. That means you can trust it to protect you against hackers on public Wi-Fi and snoops at home.
In terms of features, it has a kill-switch, DNS leak protection, and robust AES encryption (OpenVPN protocol). It even throws in a free Smart DNS service to let you stream content on devices that won’t let you install a VPN directly.
When it comes to speeds, CyberGhost is decent. In addition to now providing super-fast WireGuard connections, it has an impressive 7,200 servers in 89 countries. This allows it to avoid network congestion and ensures that you get fast speeds for gaming, streaming, torrenting, and videoconferencing.
Plus, this is one of the few VPNs that works with Netflix US, iPlayer, and other sought-after services. You can test it risk-free with its 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Servers in 89 countries to play Warzone
- Easy to use and excellent for beginners
- Cheap subscription costs
- Allows up to 7 simultaneous connections
- No logs policy and reliable encryption
- Fewer advanced options than some competitors
OUTSTANDING VALUE FOR MONEY:CyberGhost is an excellent choice for beginners. Apps for all platforms. Low cost subscriptions. Fast speeds and fantastic reliability. Works with more than a dozen Netflix regions. Secure and private. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish is a US-based provider that has some of the best VPN apps on the market. Subscribers can install the VPN on an unlimited number of devices, which makes it great for families or people who own many devices. Those apps are available for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. Plus, it has guides for setting up the VPN on a router.
Servers are located in over 50 countries, and it has over 1900 in total. It is a proprietary network, which allows it to provide incredibly fast speeds. It also has introduced WireGuard across its apps to further increase connection speeds for gaming. That makes it ideal for preventing ISP bandwidth throttling.
Perhaps the only drawback with IPVanish is that it can not access some popular services like iPlayer and Hulu. That said, it does work with Netflix US. Finally, being based in the US might put some privacy advocates off, but it does have a no-logs policy. This means it has nothing to hand over to the authorities, even if they serve it a warrant. A secure VPN that you can trial for 30-days.
- Fast global server network
- Superb apps with advanced privacy features
- WireGuard protocol now available (beta)
- Unlimited connections allowed
- Works with Netflix US
- Apps don’t work in China
- Based in the US
UNLIMITED CONNECTIONS:IPVanish has servers in over 50 countries. Excellent speeds for gaming and streaming. Ideal option for families and people with a lot of devices. Compatible with select routers. Kill-switch, XOR obfuscation and a SOCKS5 proxy. Allows torrenting. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN was first launched in 2016. It has quickly risen to be a consumer favorite. The VPN provides a watertight no-logs policy and servers in 63 countries that allow you to connect P2P. It is also surprisingly fast, which makes it good for HD streaming or playing Warzone.
True to its name, the VPN has apps for all platforms that have plenty of advanced privacy and security features. This includes a kill-switch, obfuscation, DNS leak protection, military-grade encryption, a SOCKS5 proxy, port forwarding, and split tunneling. Thanks to these features, it is one of the best VPNs to use with a torrent client and is ideal for preventing ISP throttling, surveillance capitalism, and data snoops – whether at home or on public Wi-Fi.
It is true that PrivateVPN has fewer servers in total than some of its leading competitors (200 in total). That said, those servers are located worldwide, which gives you plenty of scope for bypassing censorship or geo-restrictions (and playing easier Warzone lobbies).
Finally, this VPN works seamlessly across approximately 20 Netflix regions – and works with most other international streaming platforms we have tested it with. Perhaps the only real drawback is that live chat is not available 24/7. You can test it risk-free for 30-days.
- Excellent speeds for gaming and streaming
- Servers in 63 countries
- Works with Netflix and many other streaming platforms
- Strong encryption, obfuscation and a kill-switch
- Zero logs policy
- Live chat isn’t available 24/7
- Fewer servers in each country compared to competing services
STRONG ON PRIVACY:Fast speeds for HD gaming. Works with more than 20 Netflix regions. Allows torrenting. No logs policy. Servers in 63 countries. Fast speeds to play Warzone. Strong on privacy. Connect up to 6 devices with one subscription. 30-day money back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
7. Hotspot Shield
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Editor’s Note: Hotspot Shield is owned by Pango, Comparitech’s parent company.
Hotspot Shield is a well-known VPN that has been around for many years. Although it is mainly used by people on mobile devices, it also has apps for Windows which means you can use it on desktops PCs to play Warzone.
Admittedly, the VPN does keep some connection logs, which may put some hardcore privacy enthusiasts off; particularly being based in the US. The good news, however, is that it never stores any usage logs that could later be analyzed to ascertain what you did online while connected.
To ensure your privacy both at home and on public Wi-Fi, the VPN provides OpenVPN connections with robust AES encryption. It also has a kill-switch on both the desktop and mobile apps.
Servers are located in 80 countries, which gives you plenty of choices when bypassing censorship, geo-restrictions, or playing foreign game servers. Plus, it has live chat support that is available to all subscribers 24/7. Finally, this is a great option for streaming that works with Netflix, iPlayer, Hulu, and other popular platforms.
- Servers in 80 countries
- Works with international streaming services
- Provides 24/7 live chat and email support
- Kill-switch on both desktop and mobile apps
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Based in the US
- Some connections logs
SUPER FAST CONNECTIONS:Hotspot Shield is ideal for gaming thanks to its proprietary VPN protocol. Great for streaming without buffering. Servers in 80 countries, including where there are Warzone servers. 24/7 live chat support. No usage logs. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Hotspot Shield review.
VPN for Warzone Testing Methodology
There are around 100 consumer-facing VPNs on the market and they are not all suitable for playing Warzone. Many have outdated apps, lackluster servers, slow apps that cause lag, and a lack of features. This makes the majority of VPNs unsuitable for playing multiplayer games.
To ensure that we only recommend VPNs that are suitable, we use an advanced VPN testing methodology. We check the VPN’s performance by testing its server speeds, and we check for IP, DNS, and WebRTC leaks to ensure the VPN tunnel is providing you with privacy. We also look under the hood to ensure that the encryption is up to par.
Below we have included a list of the features we look for when testing and recommending VPNs for Warzone:
- Apps for all platforms. To play Warzone, you need a machine running Windows. In this guide, we also explain how to play on a Mac. To be sure that your VPN is useful, we have only recommended services with apps for all platforms. That way you can use it to gain privacy on your mobile devices when you use public Wi-Fi – or to stream more Netflix at home.
- Reliable privacy and security features. First and foremost, a VPN is designed to prevent tracking and surveillance. We have recommended VPNs for Warzone that have AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill-switch to cut your net should the VPN drop out. This makes our recommendations suitable for torrenting or doing other sensitive online tasks.
- Value for money. There are hundreds of VPNs on the market, but just because they are expensive doesn’t necessarily make them better. In this guide, we have recommended services that offer the best features at a reasonable cost. No need to pay more.
- Outstanding customer care. Whether you are new to VPNs or a long-time user, it is always nice to have someone to talk to. We recommend VPNs with live chat and email support so you can get help when you most need it.
- Lightning-fast servers. To play games like Warzone the most important thing is low ping and fast speeds. We have recommended the fastest VPNs on the market, and some that are fast as lightning despite being cheap. Perfect for HD streaming, videoconferencing, and playing your favorite Battle Royale games.
- Unlimited bandwidth. In addition to fast servers and fast VPN protocols, you need a VPN that doesn’t impede you from playing Warzone. That is why we only recommend VPNs with unlimited bandwidth and no data cap.
How to use a VPN for Warzone
The hardest part is finding a VPN that is fast and reliable enough to play Warzone. In this guide, we have done the hard work for you by finding super-fast VPNs with servers that don’t cause lag.
Below, we will explain how to subscribe and set up a VPN. Following that, we will explain how to get easier lobbies on Warzone.
Here’s how to set up a Warzone VPN:
- Choose a Warzone VPN from this guide. We recommend NordVPN because it is fast and has a superb Windows app, meaning less chance of lag.
- Navigate to the VPN’s website and subscribe.
- Download the VPN app for Windows and install it on your gaming PC or laptop.
- Login to the VPN and connect to a server to get easier lobbies (more on this below)
- Launch Warzone on your PC and play against easier opponents – and without the frustration of ISP throttling.
How to use VPN to get easier Warzone lobbies
If it is your dream to play Warzone lobbies with opponents at your skill level or below, you have come to the right place. Although many people claim that it is important for you to take on sweaty players, the reality is that some people just want to have fun (and actually win the odd round). Below, we will explain how to use a VPN to increase your chances of winning.
How does it work?
Activision does not openly explain how it matches Warzone lobbies. However, most players agree that depending on your skill level and previous experience, Activision match-making will force you to play against harder players. This is called Skill Based Matchmaking (SBMm).
A VPN helps players looking for an easier time by allowing you to connect to a different part of the world. By playing Warzone servers in a different country, where it is a different time of day, you can find matches that aren’t packed with high-level players.
There is no hard and fast rule for finding easier games with a VPN. but generally speaking, if you connect to a country where it is still morning (or 9 to 5 working hours), you should be able to join easier lobbies.
Things to think about when finding easier Warzone lobbies with a VPN is whether the country has a large player base, and what time of day it is. This will usually help you find lobbies that aren’t full of sweats.
Warzone VPN FAQs
Which countries play Warzone the most?
According to PlayerCounter, there are approximately 2 million people playing Warzone each day. The top 5 countries that play Warzone each day are:
- United States – 31.18%
- United Kingdom – 5.60%
- Germany – 4.85%
- Canada – 4.06%
- Brazil – 3.30%
Can a Warzone VPN improve my ping?
Some gamers do use a VPN connection to improve their ping. They usually do this by connecting to a VPN server that is closer to the game server.
Whether a VPN will improve your ping depends on a number of factors, including how your ISP is currently routing your traffic to the Warzone server. For this reason, it is worth testing a VPN connection to a server geographically close to you, geographically closer to the game server, and located directly between you and the game server – to see whether one of these options has a positive impact on your ping.
Ultimately, there is no guarantee that a VPN will improve your ping (and it could even increase it). However, if the VPN creates a different route to the endpoint (the Warzone server) than the one provided by your ISP, it is possible that the VPN could improve your ping. For this reason, it is worth a bit of trial and error.
On the other hand, even the fastest VPNs (like the ones recommended in this guide) do cause some loss of speed to your regular internet connection. If you are already paying your ISP for slow internet speeds, the encryption and routing provided by a VPN could slow your internet down too much. This added latency should not be an issue for anybody that is paying for fast internet, because the VPN should only slow down your connection an imperceptible amount.
The good news is that all our recommendations have a money-back guarantee. This gives you the opportunity to test the VPN for lowering your ping yourself without risking your cash.
Can a Warzone VPN prevent ISP throttling?
Yes. If you believe your Internet Service provider (ISP) is throttling your connection when you play Warzone, a VPN can definitely help.
The encrypted tunnel provided by a VPN prevents your ISP from detecting what you are doing online. This makes it much harder for your ISP to throttle your traffic based on what you are doing. As a result, you should be able to play Warzone without your ISP automatically throttling your bandwidth.
How do I play Warzone on a Mac?
Warzone is currently only available for Windows users, which means that you are going to need to run Windows on Boot Camp on your Mac. To do this, you are going to need around 200 GB of free storage space. Below we have included the basic setup instructions:
- Run Boot Camp Assistant on Mac. Alternatively, you could use Parallels Desktop to set up the Windows Virtual Machine.
- Download Windows 10 ISO and load it into Boot Camp Assistant.
- Follow the installation instructions to install Windows.
- When the installation has finished, run Windows 10, connect to the internet, and download Warzone to play it like a regular Windows user.