The USTVNow Kodi addon is an IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) service for American expats and members of the American military. This live TV service provides users with several live American channels and is available to watch on a wide range of devices including the Roku, iOS devices, Android devices, and of course, your computer. Paid packages allow for DVR (digital video recorder) capabilities and for several more channels as compared to the free package.
If you are a Kodi user or intend to start using Kodi, then you should know that there is also a USTVNow Kodi addon available called USTVNow Plus. This guide will take you through the necessary steps required to install USTVNow Plus for Kodi. Stay tuned!
What is Kodi?
Kodi is a multi-functional media player developed by the XBMC Foundation. It is available for several different platforms: Windows and Mac computers, Android devices, iOS devices, Linux, and Raspberry Pis.
Audio and video can be streamed from a wide array of sources and Kodi also allows for convenient control with a remote control or gamepad.
Use A VPN With Kodi
VPNs can hide your identity online. They do this by rerouting your internet connection through a server which is different to the one corresponding to your actual location.
Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) may impose sanctions on streaming through some Kodi sources. This could mean that when you use a service such as Kodi, they may try to slow down your internet connection or even disable it altogether. Companies have even been known to send “cease and desist” letters to customers who stream through certain Kodi sources.
Use of a VPN can mask your identity from your ISP, meaning that they will not be able to tell if you are streaming through Kodi or not. VPNs also allow you to access content which is restricted in certain locations. This is known as geo-restriction.
Streaming is bandwidth intensive and thus requires a sturdy VPN, especially for live streams which aren’t compressed as much as other content sources. A reliable VPN such as IPVanish is therefore recommended. IPVanish is fast, stable and secure.
Deal alert: Our readers can save 60% on an annual IPVanish plan here or 25% off the monthly subscription.
Comparitech does not condone or encourage any violation of copyright restrictions, including illegal streaming through Kodi. Kodi can be used for many excellent, legal online streaming purposes. Please consider the law, victims, and risks of piracy before downloading or streaming copyrighted material without permission.
Kodi v17.3 “Krypton” is the latest stable version of Kodi available for download.
USTVNow Kodi Addon Installation Guide
The following guide should help you easily get started with USTVNow on Kodi.
- Before getting started with either option below, you will first need to sign up for an account. Make sure to choose the Sign Up With Email option.
- Next, you will have a choice of choosing the basic channels plan or the All Channels plan. Pick your desired option.
- Now you need to verify your U.S. citizenship before continuing.
After completing these initial steps, you then have a couple of options for installing USTVNow Plus for Kodi.
Using SuperRepo Repository
- USTVnow Plus can found in the SuperRepo repository. To access this add-on, you can add the SuperRepo repository to your sources using System>File manager in the Settings menu.
- Select Add source and under “Enter the paths or browse for the media location” enter “http://srp.nu/” and under “Enter a name for this media source” you can enter a name such as “.superrepo”.
- Next, on Kodi’s main screen, select Add-ons, then select the package icon in the top left section of the screen.
- Now select Install from zip file.
- Select .superrepo and choose the folder corresponding to the version of Kodi you are using. For instance, if you are using Kodi 17 Krypton, select the krypton folder.
- Select all and then superrepo.kodi.krypton.all-x.x.xx.zip.
- Wait until you get the “Add-on enabled” notification before proceeding.
- In the same menu from step 3, select Install from repository, then select SuperRepo All [Kodi Version][vx], followed by Video add-ons.
- Search for USTVNowPlus, select it and then hit Install. Wait for the “Add-on enabled” notification before proceeding.
Using a ZIP File
As an alternative to installing USTVNow Plus using SuperRepo, you also have the option of installing it directly from a ZIP file. In order to achieve this follow these steps:
- First download the latest version of the plugin’s zip file (open a new tab, then copy the link): https://github.com/kodil/kodil/tree/master/repo/plugin.video.ustvnow.tva
- After storing the file in a location of your preference, from Kodi’s main screen, go to Add-ons and then select the package icon in the top left section of the screen
- Now select Install form zip file.
- Search for the location of the USTVNow Plus zip file, select it and let the installation run to completion. This will be indicated by a message of “Add-on installed”.
USTVNow Plus Overview
Once you’ve got USTVNow installed on Kodi, it’s time to give it a spin. Below, we’ve provided a detailed walktrhough on how to get everything setup and what you’ll find inside once you get started.
When you start USTVNow Plus for the first time, you will be asked to sign in with your account details.
After entering your account details, you can begin enjoying your free channels!
With USTVNow’s basic plan you will receive all major US terrestrial stations. These are ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC, PBS. My 9 is also included.
If you want more channels you will need to upgrade to a paid plan. The All Channel Plan without DVR goes for $19 per month while the All Channel Plan with DVR goes for $29 per month for the first 3 months and $39 thereafter.
These channels included in USTVNow paid plans are as follows:
ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, My9, NBC, PBS, A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, BBC America, Bravo, CNBC, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, ESPN, ESPN2, FX, Fox News, Freeform, History, Lifetime, MSNBC, National Geographic, NBC Sports, Nickelodeon, Spike, Sundance, Syfy, TLC, Universal, USA.
If you wish to have a more premium experience with over 200 channels, visit the USTVNow website to find out how. Channels such as HBO and Showtime are included in the premium plan, which starts at $99.