Hulu is one of America’s most popular streaming platforms, hosting shows like Tell Me Lies and The Patient. Because of geo-restrictions, you’ll be blocked from accessing Hulu outside the US or Japan. The best workaround is to use a VPN.
VyprVPN has worked with Hulu previously, but the web is flooded with reports of it no longer working, leading to a frustrating BYA-403-011 error, meaning the service has detected your VPN.
The good news is there are ways of getting around these blocks, which we’ll explore in this post, along with the possible reasons VyprVPN may be struggling with Hulu.
Why Hulu may be blocking VyprVPN
Hulu is fast becoming one of the most challenging streaming services to access with a VPN. It has an unrivaled ability to detect and block IP addresses linked to VPNs, meaning you won’t get past the sign-in page.
Hulu blocks connections from all known VPN servers, which means VyprVPN needs to constantly rotate it in fresh IP addresses that haven’t been blocked yet. If it fails to do so, Hulu will be inaccessible through VyprVPN.
How to get VyprVPN working with Hulu again
If you’re having trouble accessing Hulu with VyprVPN, there are a couple of things you can try:
- Connect to an alternative server with a different IP address – Often, connecting to a different server in the same location will give you a unique IP address that isn’t flagged by Hulu yet. You can also connect multiple times until you find one that works.
- Get in touch with customer support – If all else fails, contact the VPN’s customer care team and explain your problem. They should be able to help you by providing a list of servers that work or troubleshooting other issues you might have encountered.
- Try another provider altogether – It might be worth trying a different provider as not all providers are affected by Hulu’s detection capabilities. NordVPN, for example, is often noted for its ability to bypass geo-restrictions and provide access to Hulu without any problems.
How to use NordVPN to access Hulu
If you’ve come this far, it’s safe to assume that VyprVPN isn’t working with Hulu, so it might be time to consider another VPN. NordVPN is an excellent option due to its vast network of US-based servers and its SmartPlay feature, which helps you quickly get around geo-restrictions.
Here’s how to access Hulu with NordVPN:
- Set up an account with NordVPN, taking advantage of its exclusive discount. Alternatively, try Surfshark or ExpressVPN, two very capable providers for accessing Hulu.
- Download and install the NordVPN app for your device. Open the app and log into your account.
- Connect to a US-based server. Ideally, one marked for unblocking streaming services such as Hulu.
- Once connected, open the Hulu website, and you should be able to stream without any issues.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies if you see an error, and refresh the page/restart the app.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN FOR Hulu RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Hulu with no restrictions for a month—great if you want to binge your favorite show or are going on a short trip.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
FAQs about accessing Hulu with VyprVPN
Does Hulu ban VPN users?
Hulu does not explicitly ban VPN users, but its sophisticated detection technology can often detect and block IP addresses linked to VPNs. This means it can be challenging to access Hulu with a VPN.
Can I watch Hulu in Japan with a VPN?
Yes, you can watch Hulu in Japan with a VPN. However, you’ll need to make sure the VPN you’re using has servers based in the US so that you can access the US version of Hulu from abroad. NordVPN is an excellent choice as it’s well known for its ability to bypass geo-restrictions and access streaming sites like Hulu.
Is Hulu a free streaming platform?
No, Hulu is not a free streaming platform. It offers several subscription plans, with the cheapest being its basic package starting at $7.99/month. You can watch select shows and movies for free if you don’t mind viewing ads, but the selection is limited compared to what’s available on its paid plans.