These days, most streaming services are region-locked. This means that depending on your location, the service might be unavailable or its content may change. This can be frustrating for travelers since it can mean that they have to miss their favorite shows or rely on local TV channels for entertainment. There is a workaround, though: just connect to a VPN.
Geo-restricted services usually find your location by examining your IP address. When you connect to a VPN, though, your traffic is routed through a server somewhere else in the world. If you use a Czech VPN server, for instance, your IP address will point to the Czech Republic. This allows you to access region-locked services like Netflix, Česká televize, and more abroad.
Read on for a brief guide to our recommended VPNs. See any that stand out? If so, you’ll find a more detailed review further down the page.
Best VPNs for streaming Czech TV:
- ExpressVPN: Our #1 choice for watching Czech TV. Prioritizes privacy without compromising on speed, unblocking ability, or ease of use. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: Best budget option for watching Czech TV abroad. A highly versatile service with outstanding security credentials, solid speeds, and the ability to unblock many Czech services.
- CyberGhost: An easy-to-use VPN with over 40 speedy Czech servers, great unblocking ability, and plenty of powerful security features.
- IPVanish: A high connection limit, consistently fast speeds, and unlimited bandwidth make this service perfect for anyone looking to watch TV from the Czech Republic while abroad.
- PrivateVPN: One of the fastest VPNs around. Capable of unblocking dozens of popular streaming services. Puts user privacy first and has an impressive range of security features.
- Surfshark: A security-conscious provider that offers strong speeds and even stronger privacy protections. Unblocks JOJ TV, Nova TV, and more.
- Hotspot Shield: Boasts high speeds, a strong security offering, and great unblocking ability, making it easy to watch Czech TV channels like Česká televize from abroad.
How to watch Czech TV abroad with a VPN
VPNs are really quite simple to use once you know-how. Follow the steps below to unblock Czech TV from anywhere in the world.
Here’s how to watch Czech TV online from anywhere:
- Start by deciding which VPN to use (we recommend ExpressVPN).
- Next, download and install the app on any device you’d like to stream on. Usually, providers allow you to log in on five or so devices at once.
- Connect to one of your VPN’s Czech servers.
- Finally, visit a Czech on-demand streaming service, like iPrima, and try to watch something. Your video should load right away without any errors. If not, clear your cookies and reload the page.
TRY A PAID VPN FREE: If you only need a VPN for a short time, you might as well make use of ExpressVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee. You will have to pay upfront but can simply cancel at any point for a full refund. This will allow you to stream Czech TV risk-free.
How we chose the best VPNs for streaming Czech TV abroad
Not all VPNs are created equal. For instance, some struggle to bypass even the most basic geo-restriction measures while others reliably work in countries with extreme online censorship. Rather than spending hours comparing tech specs, though, we’ve found that most people are better off just choosing a versatile service that can handle whatever you throw at it. That’s why all of the VPNs we’re recommending fit the criteria below:
- Has plenty of servers in the Czech Republic
- Is fast enough to stream live video without any noticeable buffering
- Can reliably unblock major Czech streaming platforms from abroad
- Uses powerful security features to keep your activities private
- Doesn’t log any personally identifiable data
- Offers apps for all major operating systems and devices
Best VPNs for unblocking Czech TV channels
Let’s jump right in with a closer look at each of our recommended VPNs:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN offers access to more than 3,000 servers spread across 94 countries (including the Czech Republic). As you might expect, this makes it a strong candidate for anyone looking to watch Czech TV abroad, and its consistently high speeds only make it more appealing. This VPN reliably unblocks Česká televize, Nova TV, and even stubborn platforms like Netflix US.
There are plenty of advanced security features built-in as well. These include effectively uncrackable 256-bit encryption, protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks, and split tunneling functionality. Additionally, there’s a kill switch that stops sending data any time you lose your connection suddenly. ExpressVPN puts your privacy first, which is why it doesn’t log any personally identifiable information. Support is available 24/7 via email or live chat.
ExpressVPN offers user-friendly apps for iOS, Android, MacOS, Linux, and Windows devices. Additionally, it has custom firmware that simplifies the process of installing it on a router.
- Fast and reliable servers
- Lets you stream Czech TV from anywhere
- Best in class security and privacy
- Pay anonymously with Bitcoin
- Costs slightly more than some others in this list
BEST VPN FOR CZECH TV:ExpressVPN is our top pick for watching Czech TV abroad. It’s a highly versatile VPN capable of unblocking Czech TV channels from anywhere. It boasts powerful security features, solid speeds, and a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read the full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN has over 5,000 servers in 60 countries, more than 25 of which are in the Czech Republic. This service can unblock a huge range of streaming platforms from JOJ TV all the way up to the likes of Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. What’s more, it’s fast enough that you’ll be able to watch free from lag and buffering. Up to six simultaneous connections are permitted.
Security is this service’s specialty. It keeps you safe online using automatic ad-blocking and malware-scanning, 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks. Further, obfuscated servers are available in case you need to access the web freely in places like China or the UAE. NordVPN is a zero-logs provider, meaning it cannot divulge details of your activities to anyone. Support staff are on hand 24/7 and can be reached over live chat or email.
NordVPN provides Android, Windows, iOS, MacOS, and Linux apps. If you’d like to protect all of your devices at once, it can be manually installed on select network routers.
- Unblocks all but the most stubborn services
- Dozens of fast Czech servers
- Major emphasis on security and privacy
- Zero-logs policy
- Desktop apps can be slow at times
TOP BUDGET PICK:NordVPN is a great budget alternative. It offers excellent unblocking ability, steady speeds, and a wide array of security features while remaining affordable. That’s not all: this VPN also includes a 30-day money-back guarantee and a strict no-logging policy.
Take a look at our comprehensive NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost has the largest network of any major provider, with 6,000+ servers covering around 90 countries. It’s fast and offers unlimited bandwidth, which means you shouldn’t have any problems streaming Czech TV, Netflix, or really, anything else. This service permits up to seven simultaneous connections, allowing you to secure all of your favorite devices at once.
All of CyberGhost’s security features come pre-configured. This means that the moment you connect, you’ll be protected from DNS and IPv6 leaks, your traffic will be encrypted, and files will be scanned for malware automatically. There’s also an always-on kill switch to ensure your traffic stays secure at all times. CyberGhost doesn’t log any data that could identify you and offers 24/7 support over live chat and email.
CyberGhost users can install Windows, iOS, MacOS, Android, and Linux apps. This VPN can be manually configured for use with supported wireless routers.
- More than 40 fast servers in the Czech Republic
- Unblocks JOJ TV, iPrima, and more
- Comprehensive security and privacy protections
- Doesn’t offer much control over advanced features
WATCH TV ANYWHERE:CyberGhost has very fast speeds and can easily unblock Czech streaming services abroad. Better still, it provides comprehensive online protection and comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Why not read our complete CyberGhost review?
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish operates more than 1,400 servers in 60 countries including the Czech Republic. It’s capable of unblocking all kinds of services including iPrima, Nova Plus, and Netflix US. Better still, its speeds are high enough that you won’t have to worry about lag or buffering. This service has a very generous connection limit, with up to 10 logins allowed per account.
Despite how lightweight this service’s apps are, they include an impressive range of security features. There’s 256-bit encryption, for instance, as well as IPv6 and DNS leak protection, a kill switch, and the option to scramble your OpenVPN traffic to help bypass strict VPN-blocking. Most importantly, IPVanish doesn’t keep any logs at all. If you have any issues, you can reach support staff day or night via live chat and email.
IPVanish has apps for MacOS, Windows, Android, and iOS. Alternatively, it can be manually installed on select internet routers in order to bypass the 10-connection limit.
- Speedy, lightweight apps
- Easily unblocks Nova Plus and iPrima
- Powerful security and privacy protections
- Has difficulty unblocking larger streaming services
SPEEDY YET SECURE:IPVanish provides the best of both worlds very fast connections and a strong focus on privacy. This service has a 30-day money-back guarantee and can unblock several major Czech TV channels from outside of the Czech Republic.
Read the full review of IPVanish.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has a smaller network, with around 150 servers in 60 countries, but it remains an excellent choice for Czech TV thanks to its above-average speeds and unlimited bandwidth. It boasts excellent unblocking potential and allows you to watch not just Nova Plus and iPrima, but also plenty of international platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
This VPN ensures you’re browsing safely at all times using 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protection against WebRTC, DNS, and IPv6 leaks. Users also have the option to let certain sites bypass the VPN entirely (split tunneling), and to enable a stealth mode to bypass country-wide internet blocking. PrivateVPN keeps no logs whatsoever, and as such, even the company can’t tell which sites you visit. Live chat-based support is available (though it’s not quite 24/7), or you can get help over email.
PrivateVPN apps are available for Android, Linux, MacOS, Windows, and iOS. You can configure the service manually with some routers.
- Exceptionally high speeds
- Can unblock most popular streaming services
- Privacy and security are top-notch
- Fewer servers to choose from than other providers higher on this list
UNBLOCK ALMOST ANYTHING:PrivateVPN isn’t just one of the fastest services around, it’s also one of the best at unblocking Czech TV. Further, its security and privacy features are top-notch. There’s even a 30-day money-back guarantee.
You’ll find more detail in our in-depth review of PrivateVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark has 1,700 servers in 60+ countries (the Czech Republic included). Its steady speeds, unlimited bandwidth, and great unblocking capabilities make it very easy to stream Czech TV channels abroad. Users can also access platforms like BBC iPlayer and Netflix. Unlike most major VPNs, Surfshark has no connection limit.
This service helps keep your activities private using a kill switch, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, 256-bit AES encryption, and automatic ad-blocking. Further, it offers a NoBorders mode that can bypass restrictions in countries with strict online censorship. Surfshark doesn’t log any personally identifiable information. For even greater privacy, users can pay in Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Ripple. Support staff are available 24/7 over email or live chat.
Surfshark offers apps for Linux, Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS. It works with select routers too, although manual configuration is required.
- Unblocks plenty of Czech streaming services
- Fast enough for flawless gaming and streaming
- Strong security and privacy credentials
- Some slow speeds
- Server network is smaller than most other VPNs
SECURITY-FIRST VPN:Surfshark prioritizes user security and is a great everyday VPN thanks to its fast speeds, user-friendly apps, and lack of a connection limit. As if that wasn’t enough, it boasts strong unblocking potential and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Interested? Find out more in our complete Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Hotspot Shield has a large network, with over 3,200 servers spanning 80 countries. It’s great at unblocking geo-restricted services and lets you access platforms like Nova Plus, JOJ TV, Netflix US, and BBC iPlayer wherever you are. This VPN allows you to connect up to five devices at once.
Of course, security is just as important as streaming ability. That’s why this provider offers a wealth of advanced features like 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protection against IPv6 and DNS leaks. Hotspot Shield doesn’t store any personally identifiable data once your session is over. Its apps are very easy to use but if you need help, you can contact support staff 24/7 over email and live chat.
Hotspot Shield has iOS, MacOS, Windows, and Android apps. This service can be manually installed on Linux-based systems and supported home routers.
- Very fast speeds for streaming HD content
- Great at unblocking streaming services
- Good range of security settings
- Working to repair reputation after past privacy issues
- Doesn’t accept Bitcoin
VERY HIGH SPEEDS:Hotspot Shield provides high speeds, strong security, and top-notch unblocking ability, making it perfect for live streaming Czech TV while traveling abroad. This service comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Check out the full Hotspot Shield review.
Live streaming Czech TV online: FAQs
⭐Can I watch Czech TV with a free VPN?
Free VPNs usually have very small networks, with servers clustered in high-traffic regions like the US. As such, it’s unlikely that any Czech servers will be available. Even if you find one, you’ll probably experience very slow speeds due to the high number of users. Finally, there’s no guarantee you’ll be able to watch anything since free VPNs tend to be quickly blacklisted by most major streaming services.
⭐Which Czech TV channels can I watch online?
The good news is that you can actually stream quite a lot of Czech TV channels online. Here are a few of the most popular streaming services in the Czech Republic:
- Nova Plus
- JOJ TV
- Česká televize
- TV Barrandov
⭐What can I do with an IP address from the Czech Republic?
If you’re traveling, you might find yourself in a country where certain websites are inaccessible. However, since the Czech Republic has a very open internet, you can simply connect to a Czech server to bypass any regional blocking that might be in place and access your favorite services as normal.
Additionally, if you usually live in the Czech Republic, using a Czech VPN server may lower the likelihood of any issues when logging into your Česká spořitelna or Equa online banking service from abroad. Since you’ll appear to be at home, these platforms are less likely to mistakenly restrict access to your account.
- 1 How to watch Czech TV abroad with a VPN
- 2 How we chose the best VPNs for streaming Czech TV abroad
- 3 Best VPNs for unblocking Czech TV channels
- 4 1. ExpressVPN
- 5 2. NordVPN
- 6 3. CyberGhost
- 7 4. IPVanish
- 8 5. PrivateVPN
- 9 6. Surfshark
- 10 7. Hotspot Shield
- 11 Live streaming Czech TV online: FAQs
- 12 Can I watch Czech TV with a free VPN?
- 13 Which Czech TV channels can I watch online?
- 14 What can I do with an IP address from the Czech Republic?