Normally, if you try to access Česká televize when travelling outside of Czechia, you’ll see a short video with the message “litujeme, tento obsah není kvůli omezeným autorským právům dostupný na vašem území”. This translates as “We are sorry, this content is not available in your territory due to limited copyright.”
Luckily, this problem is fairly easy to solve. Česká televize checks your IP address to find out which country you’re in. In other words, connecting to one of your VPN’s servers back home in the Czech Republic will allow you to spoof your location and use this service from anywhere in the world. Better still, the best VPNs securely encrypt your internet traffic, enhancing your privacy and hiding your activities from snoopers like your Internet Service Provider, employer, or the government.
How to stream Česká televize safely using a VPN
Don’t worry if you’re new to VPNs; you can get set up in a matter of minutes. Just follow the steps below to access geo-blocked Czech services like Česká televize from anywhere.
Here’s how to stream Česká televize online from anywhere:
- Begin by deciding which VPN you’d like to use. We recommend NordVPN.
- Download and install your chosen provider’s app. You’ll usually be allowed five or so simultaneous connections, so feel free to install it on any device you use regularly.
- Log into the app and connect to any server in the Czech Republic. This will get you a Czech IP address and trick Česká televize into letting you watch it from abroad.
- Now, just try playing a video on Česká televize. If everything has worked as expected, it should start immediately. Otherwise, clear your browser’s cookies and cache, then reload the page. If problems persist, get in touch with your VPN’s support team for further advice.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Česká televize, free from any restrictions, for a month—great if you want to stay up to date with your favorite show during a trip abroad.
There are no hidden terms—just inform customer support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
You’ll often see VPN providers claiming to be the best in one particular area, such as speed or security. However, these claims are difficult to prove conclusively. Further, they don’t mean much if the service is lacking in other areas. To ensure you get a highly-versatile VPN capable of handling any problem you might face while traveling, we decided to only recommend services with all of the following characteristics:
- Reliably unblocks Česká televize and similar services abroad
- Provides fast enough speeds for HD live streaming
- Uses powerful encryption and many other security tools to keep your traffic secure
- Refuses to log any personally identifiable information
- Comes with apps for all of the most popular operating systems
Short on time? Below, you’ll find a brief overview of the best VPNs for streaming Česká televize outside of Czechia. If any catch your eye, just scroll down for our more detailed reviews.
Best VPNs for watching Česká televize
- NordVPN: Our top VPN for Česká televize. A well-respected provider with a verified no-logs policy, impressive speeds, and some of the strongest security features on the market. All plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: The best low-cost VPN for Česká televize. Blends steady speeds, a fantastic security and privacy offering, and exceptional unblocking ability. Further, has no connection limit.
- ExpressVPN: With the fastest speeds we’ve seen, a large network, and great unblocking capabilities, this service is ideal for watching TV abroad.
- CyberGhost: Offers dozens of high-speed servers in the Czech Republic. Particularly easy to use, with strong security features and the ability to unblock many popular streaming platforms.
- IPVanish: This zero-logs VPN lets you connect an unlimited number of devices. Works with plenty of services including Česká televize and Netflix US. Also has a great security offering.
- PrivateVPN: A privacy-first VPN that ranks highly in terms of speed and unblocking ability. Includes a vast array of security tools. Also works in censorship-heavy places like China.
- Hotspot Shield: An easy to use service that doesn’t compromise on security. Has specific servers optimized for streaming and works flawlessly with Česká televize.
The best VPNs for Česká televize
Now, let’s take a closer look at the best VPNs for Česká televize:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our #1 choice for watching Česká televize from abroad. Not only is it one of the fastest VPNs around, but it also boasts superior unblocking capabilities. In fact, it even works with platforms like JOJ TV, Netflix, and Disney+. There are almost 60 servers to choose from in the Czech Republic alone, so you shouldn’t have any issues getting a quick, reliable connection.
This service ranks very highly on security. It just recently introduced its own NordLynx protocol, which is based on the open-source WireGuard protocol. Further, it is regularly audited to prove that it keeps no logs. Its apps utilize 256-bit AES encryption, protection against IPv6, WebRTC, and DNS leaks, and a kill switch to help keep you anonymous, among other features. Users can get in touch with in-house support staff, day or night, over email and live chat.
NordVPN offers apps for iOS, MacOS, Android, Linux, and Windows systems. What’s more, it can be manually configured for use with supported internet routers. Each account allows six devices to be connected at any one time.
- More than fast enough for streaming
- Works with all kinds of streaming services
- Has almost 60 servers in the Czech Republic
- Among the best for security and privacy
- Provides around the clock support
- Doesn’t let you disconnect in one click
BEST VPN FOR ČESKÁ TELEVIZE:NordVPN is our top pick. It boasts consistently high speeds, a wealth of security options, and the ability to unblock Česká televize from anywhere. Best of all, this first-class provider comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
Why not check out our full review of NordVPN?
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is the best VPN for those on a budget. This service excels at unblocking in-demand streaming platforms, and recently confirmed that it works with over 30 Netflix libraries and Disney+. In other words, even if you get bored of Česká televize, you’ll have plenty of other options. With impressive speeds and no connection limit, this VPN gives you the freedom to watch your favorite shows wherever you go and on whichever device you like.
Naturally, your privacy is Surfshark’s top priority. It secures your traffic with a kill switch, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and bulletproof encryption, plus a feature that can block trackers automatically. There’s even a NoBorders mode capable of bypassing country-wide internet censorship. Surfshark doesn’t keep any logs at all. Help is available 24/7; just get in touch using the support email address or live chat.
Surfshark has its own easy-to-use apps for Windows, Android, MacOS, iOS, and Linux. Mac users should notice improved reliability and performance thanks to this VPN’s new support for M1 chips. Certain routers are supported too, but you’ll have to follow manual setup guides for these.
- Impressive unblocking abilities
- High speeds and unlimited bandwidth
- Very strong security offering
- Keeps no logs
- User-friendly, with no limit on the number of devices you can connect
- Customer support could be improved
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark offers top-tier performance at a very reasonable price. Unlike most other VPNs, it lets you secure every device you own at once. Further, it works well with popular streaming platforms like Česká televize. A 30-day money-back guarantee is included.
Read our in-depth Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN topped the table in our most recent speed tests, so if you’d like to stream live TV or torrent, it’s an option well worth considering. With servers in 94 countries, there are very few limits to the kind of content you’ll be able to access. What’s more, this VPN permits up to five connections at once, meaning you can protect all of your favorite devices with a single account.
This provider clearly values user privacy. It prevents DNS and IPv6 leaks entirely and uses 256-bit encryption, plus there’s a kill switch to stop you accidentally browsing without protection. ExpressVPN recently introduced its own protocol, Lightway, which it claims can keep your connection secure even when changing networks or switching to mobile data. This VPN follows a strict no-logs policy and offers 24/7 assistance over live chat.
ExpressVPN apps are available for Linux, iOS, Android, Windows, and MacOS. Further, there’s custom firmware for routers. This received a significant update recently, giving it a new look and more stable performance than ever before.
- Ranked #1 for speed in our most recent tests
- Great at unblocking most popular streaming sites from almost anywhere
- Accepts Bitcoin payments
- Costs slightly more than some others in this list
FASTEST VPN:ExpressVPN manages to provide incredible speeds without compromising on network size, ease of use, or security. It works perfectly with Česká televize and can be installed on a wide range of platforms. All plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For more info, check out the full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost offers access to 45+ servers in the Czech Republic and over 7,400 others in a further 90 countries. Its speeds are decent, and there are no bandwidth limits whatsoever. When it comes to accessing region-locked services, this VPN is one of the best; it works with Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and HBO Max, to name just a few. Users can connect up to seven devices at once, which is slightly more generous than the average.
This provider doesn’t log any data that could lead back to you and publishes regular transparency reports for maximum peace of mind. Its apps are packed with security features too, like 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, leak protection, plus a combined ad-blocker and malware-scanner. This service recently released its own password manager and added WireGuard support to its apps. For help with any issues, 24/7 support is on-hand over live chat.
CyberGhost has Android, Windows, iOS, MacOS, and Linux apps. Additionally, it works with a wide range of network routers, but you’ll have to install the service manually on these.
- Has almost 50 speedy Czech servers
- No problems accessing Česká televize from abroad
- Great set of security tools
- Very easy to use
- May not be customizable enough for advanced users
PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS:CyberGhost lets you start streaming securely in under a minute. Combines ease of use with a strong security toolkit and speedy, reliable servers. This novice-friendly VPN comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Interested? Find out more in our complete CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish has roughly 1,600 servers in 60+ countries, with around 18 in the Czech Republic alone. The network was recently upgraded to provide higher speeds, so you shouldn’t notice any lag or buffering while streaming. IPVanish is more than capable of unblocking Česká televize, and allows users to access in-demand platforms like Netflix and Disney+ from anywhere. Because this VPN has no connection limit, it’s ideal for sharing with family.
Thanks to the apps’ 256-bit encryption, kill switch, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks, there’s no need to worry about anyone monitoring your activities. Further, this VPN has a true zero-logs policy. IPVanish even has a couple of more advanced features, including a traffic scrambler and an automatic reconnection option. WireGuard support is expected to arrive later this year. Support staff are ready to help, 24/7, via email or live chat.
IPVanish users can install apps for MacOS, Windows, iOS, and Android. Additionally, it’s possible to manually configure this VPN for use with Linux systems and supported routers.
- Over a dozen servers in Czechia
- Decent unblocking capabilities
- No-logs policy and strong security features
- No connection limit
- Has difficulty unblocking larger streaming services
WATCH ON ANY DEVICE:IPVanish gives you the freedom to stream Czech TV on any device you like. It values your privacy, offers plenty of Czech servers, and has shown a strong interest in improving its speeds lately. Annual plans even include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our detailed review of IPVanish.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has recently grown its network to around 200 servers in 63 countries. It averages 71 Mbps (which is fast enough for 4K streaming) and is able to access Česká televize from anywhere in the world. That’s not all: it also works with services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, so you’ll never be short of something to watch. Six devices can be secured at once.
This VPN’s apps include a wide array of security tools, such as 256-bit encryption (with an option to reduce this for a slight speed boost), a stealth mode, a kill switch, and protection against IPv6 and DNS leaks. PrivateVPN’s no-logs policy is just the beginning of its privacy features; it just became its own ISP and hosting provider, which means that no third party has access to your traffic at any time. For help with any issues, support is available via live chat.
PrivateVPN apps are available for Linux, MacOS, Windows, Android, and iOS. What’s more, users can manually install it on supported internet routers.
- One of the fastest VPNs around
- Works with a wide range of streaming services
- Solid security offering
- Has made huge strides on privacy lately
- Has just one Czech server
- Doesn’t quite offer 24/7 support
SPEED AND SECURITY:PrivateVPN is a fantastic option for streaming. Flawlessly unblocks Česká televize and similar platforms abroad, and is fast enough for you to watch live. There are also plenty of security tools included, as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read the full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Hotspot Shield is very fast, averaging 61 Mbps in our latest speed tests. It has around 1,800 servers in 80+ countries, and is a great choice for unblocking tricky geo-restricted services. In fact, in addition to letting you watch Czech TV, you’ll be able to use platforms like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, and HBO Max. Each account can have up to five simultaneous connections.
So how secure is this service? Well, it offers a kill switch, 256-bit encryption, protection against IPv6 and DNS leaks. There’s also its own Hydra protocol (which it claims is 2.4X faster than OpenVPN over long distances). The apps recently got IKEv2 support too, as well as split tunneling functionality that enables you to let certain apps bypass the VPN. Hotspot Shield doesn’t store any identifiable data and provides around the clock support via live chat.
Hotspot Shield provides its own iOS, Android, MacOS, Windows, and Linux apps. Some routers are supported, although manual configuration is required.
- Quick and reliable
- Unblocks all kinds of services abroad including HBO Max
- Prioritizes your security
- Some past privacy concerns
- Doesn’t support any anonymous payment options
STRONG ALL-ROUNDER:Hotspot Shield is a fantastic everyday VPN thanks to its solid speeds, powerful security and privacy tools, and large network. There’s even a 45-day money-back guarantee in case you’re only out of the Czech Republic for a short time.
Take a look at the full Hotspot Shield review.
Methodology: Choosing the best VPNs for Česká televize
Every VPN is different, and not all of them are a good fit for streaming Česká televize abroad. For instance, some providers are too slow for live broadcasts, and others are blocked entirely. When deciding on the best VPNs for Česká televize, we took all of the criteria below into account:
- Streaming services: Can the VPN unblock anything other than Česká televize? We test services against a variety of popular streaming platforms including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ to see just how strong their unblocking abilities are.
- Value for money: Some VPNs charge more than they’re really worth. We weigh up a service’s features, functionality, and versatility and make a judgment on whether it’s fairly priced before we consider recommending it.
- Speed: High speeds are vital for uninterrupted live streaming. We regularly conduct VPN speed tests and only recommend those that score highly.
- Servers in the Czech Republic: Without these, it’s not possible to unblock Česká televize. Having servers nearby also helps to limit connection latency. This also avoids the speed loss that occurs over long-distance connections.
- Ease of use: Recommended services have to be simple enough for a complete beginner to use. Additionally, users should be able to install the VPN on a wide range of devices. Bonus points if a provider doesn’t have any connection limits.
- Security and privacy: Some ISPs throttle the speeds of users who stream. As such, it’s important that your VPN can keep your activities hidden. We look for services offering powerful security tools like kill switches, leak protection, and tracker-blocking, as well as effectively-uncrackable encryption. We also refuse to recommend any providers that log personally identifiable information.
Naturally, the steps above are just a small part of our broader overall VPN testing methodology.
Streaming Česká televize from abroad: FAQs
Can I unblock Česká televize with a free VPN?
It’s highly unlikely that you’ll be able to watch Česká televize abroad with a free VPN. To begin with, very few of these actually offer servers in the Czech Republic. That said, even if yours does, it’ll likely already be blacklisted due to the high amount of traffic originating from what’s probably a very small pool of IP addresses. There’s also no guarantee that a free VPN will provide the speeds required for live streaming, or the bandwidth for you to watch regularly.
Paid providers live and die by their reputations but free VPNs can simply change their name or disappear overnight. As such, there’s no accountability and no easy way to tell if your free VPN is actually safe to use. One survey of over 200 such apps discovered that almost 40% were infected with malware and nearly one in five failed to use any kind of encryption. To protect yourself and your data, we recommend you research any VPN you’re considering using, rather than just choosing whatever service is free.
What can I watch on Česká televize?
The Česká televize website lets you stream some Czech TV channels live. These are:
- ČT Art
- ČT Sport
Additionally, users can watch hundreds of recently-aired shows on-demand. Here’s just a small sample of what you can stream on Česká televize:
- Euro 2020
- Móda s Terezou Vu
- Sága rodu Forsytů
- Kluci v akci
- Sama doma
- Všechno, co mám ráda