These days, most major streaming services are region-locked. For instance, you can’t normally watch Prima TV, Česká televize, or Nova TV outside of the Czech Republic. This can be frustrating for people who like to travel abroad, especially if your usual streaming service doesn’t let you watch recently-aired episodes on demand. But luckily, the right VPN can easily bypass this kind of blocking by giving you a Czech IP address.
Simply, VPNs let you send all of your internet traffic through a server somewhere else in the world. This hides your IP address and replaces it with that of your chosen server. If you connect to a server in the Czech Republic, for instance, you’ll get a Czech IP address and will be able to use previously inaccessible platforms like JOJ TV from anywhere.
In this article, we’ll list the best VPNs for the job and explain how to use them to gain a Czech IP address from anywhere. We’ll go into detail on each of the providers we recommend, but in case you’re short on time, here’s a quick summary.
Best VPNs for getting a Czech IP address
- NordVPN: The best VPN for getting an IP address for the Czech Republic. This speedy VPN is strong on security and able to unblock all kinds of services. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
TIP In our testing we found that the cheapest NordVPN plan (Standard) works perfectly for Czech Republic.
- Surfshark: Best value VPN for a Czech IP address. Lets you connect all of your devices at once. Solid speeds, excellent unblocking, and an impressive range of security features.
- ExpressVPN: Offers over 3,000 servers in 94 countries. Provides reliable high-speed connections, strong security, and fantastic unblocking ability.
- CyberGhost: This VPN has plenty of fast and reliable Czech servers, plus a suite of advanced security features and extremely user-friendly apps.
- IPVanish: Very fast server speeds and unlimited simultaneous connections. Stream Netflix and Czech TV from overseas. Strict no-logs policy included.
- PrivateVPN: One of the fastest VPNs around. Easily unblocks stubborn region-locked sites from abroad. Has a strong focus on security and privacy.
- Private Internet Access: Servers covering 80+ countries, including the Czech Republic. Consistent connections and up to 10 simultaneous connections.
- Atlas VPN: Very fast server speeds and reliable unblocking of content. Connect all of your devices via a single account. Secure with encryption.
GET A 30-DAY FREE TRIAL OF NORDVPN
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for getting a Czech IP address with no restrictions for a month—great if you're going on vacation for several weeks.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
How to get a Czech IP address while traveling abroad
VPNs can be a little overwhelming at first but don’t worry: they’re actually much simpler to use than they seem.
Here’s how to get an IP address for Czech Republic from anywhere with a VPN:
- Start by signing up with one of the VPNs below (we recommend NordVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app. All of the VPN providers listed permit at least five simultaneous logins, so you should be able to protect all of your devices at once.
- Log in to the newly-installed VPN app and then connect to a server in the Czech Republic. You’ll then have a Czech IP address.
- Try accessing a geo-restricted Czech website. You should be able to use it without any problems.
- Still blocked? Clear your cookies and reload the page to fix the most common issues. Alternatively, try connecting to another server or contact your VPN’s support for further assistance.
See also: Best VPNs for the Czech Republic
The best VPN to get an IP address for Czech Republic – at a glance
We’ve compared the most important features of the top VPNs here. Prefer to read the in-depth reviews? Start with NordVPN – our #1 choice for getting a Czech Republic IP.
|Website||NordVPN.com||Surfshark.com||ExpressVPN.com||Cyberghost.com||IPVanish.com||PrivateVPN.com||Ranking for Czech Republic||1||2||3||4||5||6||Total number of servers||5,700+||3,200||Undisclosed||7000+||2,200+||200+||Devices Supported||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Amazon Fire TV||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Smart TVs, Routers||Windows, MacOS, Linux (command line), iOS, Android, Smart TVs Routers||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV||Avg Speed (Europe)||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||41 Mbps||Popular Sites Unblocked||95%||88%||86%||85%||70%||85%|
|Best deal (per month)||$2.99|
SAVE up to 69% + 3 months FREE
Save 82% + Get 4 Months FREE
SAVE: 49% + 3 months free
SAVE 84% on the 2 year plan + 4 months free
SAVE 74% on the 2 yr plan
Save 85% on a one year plan + 24-months free
Best VPNs for getting an Czech IP address
Comparing VPNs doesn’t have to be exhausting. Sure, you could spend hours researching different protocols, encryption algorithms, and privacy laws, but in most cases, you’re better off finding a service that does everything reasonably well instead of excelling in one particular area. That’s why all of the services we recommend meet the following criteria:
- Provides access to multiple servers in the Czech Republic
- Is fast enough for uninterrupted browsing, streaming, and torrenting
- Can unblock some of the most popular Czech streaming services abroad
- Keeps you safe with cutting-edge security features
- Doesn’t log any data that could be used to identify you
- Has apps for all the major operating systems
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for getting a Czech IP address:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our top choice VPN for a Czech IP address. It has more than 5,500 servers in 60 countries, several of which are in the Czech Republic. This VPN boasts high speeds and the ability to securely access popular Czech services such as iPrima, Polar, and JOJ TV from anywhere. Indeed, it also works with international streaming services such as Netflix and BBC iPlayer. Users can secure up to six devices simultaneously.
This service has an excellent security offering. It hides your traffic using 256-bit encryption and also prevents any information from leaking over IPv6, WebRTC, or DNS. Finally, its kill switch ensures you never browse unprotected. NordVPN follows a strict no-logs policy, so it can’t reveal details of your activities under any circumstances. Customer support is available around the clock via email or live chat.
NordVPN provides Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV apps. Select internet routers are supported too, but you’ll have to configure the service manually. Browser extensions can be downloaded for Chrome and Firefox.
- Huge network of reliable, high-speed servers
- Excellent streaming ability
- Plenty of advanced security features
- Keeps no logs whatsoever
- Includes 24/7 live chat and email support
- Specialty servers including P2P and Double VPN
- Desktop apps sometimes take a little longer to connect
BEST VPN FOR A CZECH IP ADDRESS:NordVPN is our top choice and has multiple fast and reliable Czech servers, allowing you to browse free from lag or stuttering video. It also boasts an expansive range of security and privacy features. You can try it risk-free with its 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark offers access to more than 3,000 servers in total. These are spread across 100+ countries, including the Czech Republic, making this VPN an excellent choice for streaming foreign TV abroad. In fact, users will even be able to access major international platforms like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video. Surfshark lets you connect as many devices as you like.
This provider clearly values user privacy. Its apps feature 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, protection against IPv6 and DNS leaks, ad-blocking, malware-scanning, as well as the ability to hide your device from others on the network. A NoBorders mode lets you bypass even the strictest online censorship. Surfshark doesn’t log any personally identifiable information, but for another degree of privacy, users can choose to pay in Bitcoin. 24/7 support is on-hand over live chat and email.
Surfshark provides apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV devices. With a little manual configuration, it can also be installed directly on supported home routers. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions available.
- Unblocks plenty of Czech TV channels
- Growing network of servers covering 100 countries
- Has no connection limit
- Powerful security features and a zero-logs policy
- Quality customer support 24/7 via live chat and email
- Gives a lot of space to features that aren’t included in a standard subscription
BEST VALUE VPN:Surfshark not only unblocks many Czech streaming services, but it also offers steady speeds so you can watch free from lag. Strong security features, including MultiHop servers. No connection limit. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN provides access to more than 3,000 servers in 94 countries, including the Czech Republic. As such, it’s a strong choice for anyone looking to access geo-restricted platforms abroad. What’s more, with impressive speeds, unlimited bandwidth, and fantastic unblocking ability, users are free to stream whatever they like, as much as they like. Five simultaneous connections are permitted per account.
This VPN uses effectively uncrackable 256-bit AES encryption to keep your activities hidden from prying eyes. It has built-in protection against DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks as well as a kill switch that stops sending data the moment your connection drops unexpectedly. Further, ExpressVPN does not log any data that could be used to identify you. For even greater privacy, users can sign up with a disposable email address and pay in Bitcoin. If you’re having any problems, you can contact support 24/7 over live chat and email.
ExpressVPN offers apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV. Alternatively, there’s custom router firmware that makes it much easier to secure every device on your network. Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browser extensions can also be downloaded.
- Strong unblocking capabilities
- Over 3,000 super-fast servers operating in over 90 countries
- Best-in-class online security and privacy
- Accepts Bitcoin payments
- Excellent support available 24/7
- Costs slightly more than some others on this list
STRONG SECURITY:ExpressVPN is a secure, reliable choice. This high-speed service makes it easy to unblock and stream Czech TV online abroad, plus it doesn’t compromise on security or privacy. Best of all, it has a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost has roughly 50 servers in the Czech Republic and more than 9,000 others in a further 89 countries. Needless to say, this makes it an attractive choice for people looking to use services like Česká televize, Netflix US, or BBC iPlayer from abroad. In fact, with very high speeds, task-specific servers, and a seven-connection limit, this service is perfect for beginners.
There’s very little setup required since all of this VPN’s security features come pre-configured. These include 256-bit encryption, protection against IPv6 and DNS leaks, a kill switch, and a combined ad-blocker/malware scanner. Additionally, CyberGhost doesn’t log any personally identifiable information, which means your privacy is in good hands. Although this service is very easy to use, customers can reach support staff via email or 24/7 live chat.
CyberGhost has beginner-friendly apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Further, users can manually install this VPN on select network routers while Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available.
- Approximately 50 high-speed Czech servers
- Unlimited bandwidth for streaming lag and buffer-free
- All security features enabled by default
- Secure up to seven devices simultaneously
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- May be less suitable for power users
GREAT FOR STREAMING:CyberGhost has around 50 servers in the Czech Republic, consistently high speeds, strong streaming ability, and pre-configured security settings. Further, it’s extremely easy to use. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish continues to add to its server network, which now stands at more than 2,000 servers and 40,000 IP addresses in all. This includes servers located in Prague, Czech Republic. This is a very fast VPN, so you can easily stream your favorite Czech TV channels while traveling abroad. It also works well with Netflix, on which you’ll be able to watch in 1080p HD and even 4K lag and buffer-free.
There’s no limit to the number of simultaneous connections you can have with IPVanish. It’s a highly secure service with features including 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. Your privacy is very much protected when you use IPVanish because it has a comprehensive no-logs policy. In fact, this VPN provider doesn’t even keep connection logs. Need help? 24/7 support is available.
You can connect to IPVanish servers in the Czech Republic via its apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV. You can also use it with Linux and select wifi routers, although this requires manual configuration.
- Servers in dozens of countries, the Czech Republic included
- High-speed connections for lag-free streaming from abroad
- Connect as many devices as you like simultaneously
- True no-logs policy that has been independently audited
- No browser extensions available
- Doesn’t accept Bitcoin
NO CONNECTION LIMIT:PVanish has over 2,000 servers and offers fast, unthrottled connections. Works with Netflix and Czech TV channels. Unlimited connections per account. No-logs VPN with 24/7 support. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has a small but growing network of servers spanning 63 countries, including the Czech Republic. What sets it apart from other VPNs are its speeds: this service is fast enough to stream live HD (or even 4K) video with no noticeable lag or buffering. Better still, it’s capable of accessing major platforms like Netflix, so Nova TV and other Czech channels won’t pose much of a problem.
This VPN keeps you safe with built-in DNS and IPv6 leak protection, a customizable kill switch, and powerful 256-bit encryption. Additionally, it offers a stealth mode that allows users to bypass especially strict online restrictions. PrivateVPN has a zero-logs policy, and as such, there’s no need to worry about your activities being traced back to you. If you need any help, customer support is available over live chat, although this feature isn’t quite 24/7.
PrivateVPN apps are available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It’s also possible to install it directly on select internet routers via manual configuration.
- Far higher speeds than many other VPNs
- Able to securely access some of the most stubborn services
- Takes user security and privacy very seriously
- Small network of just 200 servers
- Live chat support not 24/7
EXTREMELY HIGH SPEEDS:PrivateVPN is among the fastest VPNs on the market, which means it’s a strong choice for anyone looking to stream Czech TV abroad. It also offers powerful security features and a strict no-logs policy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Private Internet Access has a server network that covers more than 80 countries. This includes the Czech Republic for getting a Czech IP address from anywhere. Having tested server speeds for ourselves, we found that they average 117 Mbps, which is more than fast enough for streaming. Indeed, aside from Czech TV, PIA works with some popular streaming services such as Netflix US.
With a PIA subscription, you’ll have access to live chat and email support and be able to secure up to 10 devices simultaneously. There are also plenty of security features, including 256-AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection. With its no-logs policy, PIA ensures nobody can access your personal data, be it your IP address or browsing history.
To use Private Internet Access, download one of its apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, or Amazon Fire TV. Browser extensions are available for Chrome and Firefox, although manual setup is necessary to use PIA with wifi routers.
- Servers in over 80 countries, the Czech Republic included
- More than fast enough for streaming Czech TV abroad
- Use it on up to 10 of your devices at the same time
- Strong security with encryption and a no-logs policy
- Doesn’t work with some streaming services
- Struggles to bypass restrictions in China
SERVERS IN 80+ COUNTRIES:Private Internet Access has a vast server network covering over 80 countries including the Czech Republic. Consistent connections and up to 10 simultaneous connections per account. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Private Internet Access review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Atlas VPN was founded in 2019, making it a relative newcomer to the VPN scene. Despite this, it has already established itself as one of the fastest VPNs on the market. According to our most recent speed tests, it averaged 247 Mbps. Needless to say, it’s a highly suitable candidate for streaming as well as torrenting. Atlas VPN has a server network covering dozens of countries and strong streaming ability for securely accessing the likes of Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and HBO Max.
While most VPNs allow a handful of connections per account, Atlas VPN sets itself apart by allowing unlimited simultaneous connections. Your connection is secured with 256-bit AES encryption, while further security features include DNS leak protection and a kill switch. Notably, Atlas VPN doesn’t keep any identifying logs of users and has introduced SafeSwap — a feature that rotates your IP address without having to switch VPN servers (this makes it harder to track you).
Secure all of your devices via the Atlas VPN apps for Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. You can also manually configure it to work with select wifi routers.
- Very fast server speeds for streaming in HD and even 4K
- Strong unblocking — works with many streaming platforms
- Unlimited simultaneous connections per account
- Relatively small network of servers
- Doesn’t offer live chat support
- Based in the US – a 5 Eyes Member
HIGH-SPEED SERVERS:Atlas VPN is one of the fastest VPNs tested and allows unlimited simultaneous connections. Great for streaming Czech TV, Netflix, and more. Secure with high-end encryption. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Atlas VPN review.
Finding the best VPNs for a Czech IP address: methodology
Chances are that you’ve traveled abroad only to find that your usual websites and services from the Czech Republic are geo-blocked. This is not uncommon. The good news is that a VPN can help, although it’s worth noting that not all VPNs are equal. With this in mind, we’ve looked for those that provide the following features:
- Servers in the Czech Republic: To get an IP address for the Czech Republic, you need to connect to a server in that country. Not only have we found VPNs with servers in the Czech Republic, but we’ve also sought out those that offer servers in countries worldwide so you can access even more region-locked content.
- Speed: While many VPNs claim to be fast, many fall far short when it comes to streaming and torrenting. To separate fact from fiction, we conducted speed tests across different server locations at different times. All of the fastest VPNs offer unlimited bandwidth and let you stream in high resolution, lag-free.
- Unblocking: It’s little good if a VPN has a large server network and fast speeds if it can’t actually unblock geo-restricted content. We tested each VPN across various websites and services (including streaming platforms) to see how they performed. Only those that were consistent were selected for this post.
- Security: At the very least, a VPN should use 256-bit AES encryption to secure your data. It should also include a kill switch feature to protect you from leaks should the VPN connection drop. Ideally, we look for VPNs that offer even more security features, be it an ad blocker or Double VPN servers.
- Privacy: We’ve studied some 140 VPN logging policies and our research tells us that not every VPN can be trusted. Indeed, some VPNs keep logs that may be requested by authorities, stolen by cybercriminals, or even sold to third parties. That’s why it’s so important to choose a no-logs VPN provider.
- Ease of use: The best VPNs for getting a Czech IP address provide user-friendly apps that make the whole experience that much easier. Signup and setup can be done in minutes. Indeed, all of the VPNs listed also provide customer support as well as troubleshooting guides should you need help.
- Value for money: It’s interesting to note that some VPNs that are slower or offer fewer servers than those we’ve listed work out to be more expensive. Of course, it does help that we provide VPN discount coupons for all the VPNs we recommend, all of which include risk-free money-back guarantees.
Our VPN testing methodology explains further how we test VPNs at Comparitech, looking at areas including speed, privacy, and customer support.
Getting a Czech IP address: FAQs
Can I get a Czech IP address with a free VPN?
We strongly advise against using a free VPN to stream Czech content online. First of all, these services tend to have very small networks, with servers clustered in high-traffic locations like the US and the UK. This makes it extremely unlikely that any Czech servers will be available. Even if you find one, free VPNs often have more users than their networks can support, so you can expect very slow speeds, which means you probably still won’t be able to watch anything.
VPNs are designed to help improve your digital privacy but by choosing the wrong free service, you could actually be making yourself more vulnerable. Research has shown that major app stores are flooded with malware-carrying apps pretending to be VPNs. Further, there’s no guarantee that the seemingly safe services actually encrypt your data or protect you in any meaningful way. To stay safe online, it’s best to use a VPN with a zero-logging policy.
What Czech TV channels can I watch online?
Plenty of Czech TV channels let you stream their content live online. Below, you’ll find a few of the most popular, but bear in mind that this is just the tip of the iceberg:
- Česká televize
- Nova TV
- JOJ TV
- TV Barrandov
- TV BRNO
Will a VPN let me watch Czech TV abroad?
Yes — most region-locked services rely on the user’s IP address to find their location. VPNs effectively replace your IP address with that of the server you’re using. This means that by connecting to a server in the Czech Republic, you can easily bypass these restrictions and stream Czech TV from anywhere in the world.
Can I get into trouble for using a VPN to watch Czech TV abroad?
Disclaimer: Although we’ve spent hours researching this topic, we are not legal experts. As such, nothing we’ve said above should be taken as legal advice. We encourage you to consult local laws or perhaps even seek a professional’s opinion if you’re unsure whether your intended activities are legal or not.
What can I do with a Czech IP address?
There are all kinds of uses for a Czech IP address. Let’s say you’re traveling in a country with strict online censorship. In contrast, the Czech Republic has a very open internet, which means that if you can obtain a Czech IP address, you’ll be able to access just about any website you can think of. For instance, you could access Facebook in China using this method.
If you usually live in the Czech Republic, you can use a VPN to prevent problems when logging into your online banking service from abroad. Automated fraud prevention systems are well-meaning but often lock users out of their accounts just because they tried to check their funds while on vacation. By connecting to a VPN server in your home country before logging in, you can reduce the chance of this happening, and won’t have to worry about being locked out of your Česká spořitelna or Equa bank account in a foreign country.
Are VPNs legal in the Czech Republic?
At the time of writing, there are no restrictions on VPN usage in the Czech Republic. In fact, only a handful of countries (such as Russia and China) restrict VPN usage to specific providers, with even fewer explicitly banning VPNs outright.
Remember: VPNs themselves aren’t illegal, but they don’t give you a free pass to commit crimes online. Depending on your activities, you could still be tracked down and prosecuted for anything illegal you do while connected to a VPN.
How do I know if I have a Czech IP address?
You’re in luck because we actually have a tool for this exact purpose! Visit our IP address checker and make a note of the address that shows up before you turn on the VPN. You’ll likely notice that the tool gets your general location right too (note that this isn’t an exact science, so you might see the name of a different nearby town instead).
Now, simply connect to one of your VPN’s servers in the Czech Republic, wait a few seconds, and run our tool again. This time, your IP address should be completely different, and your location should be somewhere in Czechia. If not, clear your cookies and run the test again or try a different server. You may also want to contact your VPN’s customer support team to make sure everything has been configured properly.