UFC 266: Volkanovski vs Ortega is scheduled to take place on Saturday, September 25. The early prelim fights will start at 6 PM EDT, while the main card is set to begin at 10 PM EDT (3 AM BST). This UFC event will be held at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and will mark the end of UFC’s International Fight Week festivities with a bang. Originally scheduled for UFC 260, the main bout was postponed due to Volkanovski being diagnosed with COVID-19, making this a much anticipated fight, and one that’ll definitely be a thriller to watch.
This guide will show you how to watch UFC 266 (Volkanovski vs Ortega) live via Kodi. Notably, we’ll be providing a variety of sources so that you can quickly found out how to stream UFC 266 both in the US and abroad.
Note that our guide will only provide information on legitimate Kodi streaming add-ons. Popular sporting events like UFC 266 are often locked behind paywalls, including pay-per-view models. As a result, many users may try to turn to illegal streaming sources. However, such streams often have low overall quality, significant buffering, and reliability issues. They may even cut out during the fight! Many unlicensed streaming websites also contain malware. Official broadcasters will let you watch UFC 266 for free and without risk, so there’s no need to turn to untrustworthy sources.
The UFC 266 main event won’t be free in the US, UK, Canada, or most other countries. That said, if you’re traveling abroad, you may be able to access the stream back home using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). In some cases, the entire event may even be free for you to watch.
READER DEAL:Save 65% on IPVanish for fast, private streaming on Kodi.
How to watch Volkanovski vs Ortega securely from abroad with a VPN
You can bypass UFC region-locking and regain access to your usual streaming services abroad with a VPN. Follow these steps to watch UFC 266 through Kodi from anywhere in the world. Here’s how to watch UFC 266 on Kodi:
- First, sign up for a VPN service of your choice. For Kodi users, we recommend IPVanish, although NordVPN, Surfshark, and ExpressVPN, are comparable alternatives.
- Download the VPN app on your desired streaming device (make sure it has an app for that device).
- Connect to a VPN server in a country where UFC 266 is available to stream. For example, if you’re using UFC Fight Pass, a US or UK server will do, while viewing free through DAZN will require a Germany, Spain, or Italy-based VPN server.
- Try visiting your chosen website or service, or streaming through your desired Kodi addon. It should load almost immediately.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK-FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30 day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for UFC with no restrictions for a month - great if you need time to fully test it out for yourself!
There are no hidden terms - just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
Where can I watch UFC 266 online?
Streaming options in major UFC regions include:
- United States: UFC Fight Pass and ESPN+ (Early Prelims); ESPN2 or ESPN+ (Prelims); ESPN+ PPV (Main)
- United Kingdom and Ireland: UFC Fight Pass (Early Prelims); UFC Fight Pass and ESPN (Prelims); BT Sport Box Office (Main)
- Germany: UFC Fight Pass (Early Prelims and Prelims); DAZN or UFC PPV (Main Event)
- Italy: UFC Fight Pass (Early Prelims and Prelims); DAZN or UFC PPV (Main Event)
- Spain: UFC Fight Pass (Early Prelims and Prelims); DAZN or UFC PPV (Main Event)
- Canada: UFC Fight Pass (Early Prelims); TSN and RDS (Prelims); UFC PPV, Bell, Rogers, Shaw, SaskTel, Videotron, Telus, Eastlink, or UFC PPV (Main Event)
- Australia: UFC Fight Pass or ESPN (Early Prelims and Prelims); Main Event PPV (Foxtel required), UFC Fight Pass PPV, Fetch TV, (Main Event)
There’s a real pricing disparity for this event, with viewers in Germany able to watch for just €11.99 per month, assuming they’ve already used up DAZN’s 30-day free trial. Meanwhile, US audiences have to pay $89.98 USD for the same content.
However, a VPN may or may not work to get access to DAZN Germany, Italy, or Spain. VPN functionality with DAZN can be spotty, so we recommend you test different VPN servers and even different VPNs to find one that works with your usual DAZN library. All of our recommended VPNs offer money-back guarantees.
How to install the DAZN Kodi addon
- From your Kodi home screen, click on Video addons
- Next, click on Install from repository
- Locate the Kodi addon repository, then click on Video addons
- Find the DAZN addon, then click Install
- You’ll find the DAZN addon from the Kodi home screen > Video addons
- Right-click / long-press the DAZN addon to input your username and password
Now you’ll be able to load any available streams from DAZN. The difficulty with DAZN may be that some VPNs won’t work when connected to VPN servers in Germany, Italy, or Spain. If you’re having issues getting IPVanish or other VPN services to access the German, Italian, or Spanish version of the site through Kodi, we recommend you try another VPN or utilize the Pay-Per-View option.
As DAZN eliminated free trials in the US, this is no longer an option for US fight fans to get free access to the main event. However, paying for a month of DAZN in the US and using a VPN is cheaper than paying for UFC 266 PPV.
How to install the Sling TV Kodi Addon
The preliminary fight card for UFC 266 will broadcast on ESPN. Thankfully, that means you can sign up with Sling TV for a low first-month cost ($10) and get cheap access to the entire preliminary fight card. Sling TV is also one of the only live TV streaming services with an available Kodi addon (made by the Kodi community and not endorsed or supported by Sling TV).
You can install this addon directly from the Official Kodi Addon Repository. Once you have it installed, log in with your introductory Sling TV account. You’ll need to subscribe to Sling Orange, which carries ESPN channels. Note that Sling TV no longer offers a free trial, so your cost basis will be $10 at a minimum.
In case you’re wondering: Yes, you can sign up for and access Sling TV from abroad, as well. As long as you have a US payment method, a VPN like IPVanish will let you right in.
How to watch UFC 266 on Firestick
You can download and install Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV, including the Firestick. The app is not available through the Amazon App Store, so you’ll need to sideload Kodi on the Firestick.
Once you have Kodi installed, all of the addons listed above will work, and you can install them on Kodi using the same steps mentioned above.
Additional UFC 266 options
UFC 266 should be available in the US, UK, Australia, Germany, Canada, Italy, Spain, and many other locations abroad. With a VPN and UFC Fight Pass, you should be able to get access to the entire event, including the prelims, although DAZN and Sling TV are your only options to legally watch Volkanovski vs Ortega on Kodi.
However, if you want to watch the fight outside of Kodi, there may be a few additional options, especially if you’re in the US. You may want to check out our regular streaming guide for how to watch UFC 266 for more details on where and how to watch the event.
We strongly suggest running these setup instructions well in advance of when the UFC 266 main event starts. This way, if anything doesn’t work as expected, you’ll still have time to get help from your VPN’s customer support staff and might not have to miss any of the event.
Who’s fighting in UFC 266?
The headline UFC 266 fight will be between Alexander Volkanovski and Brian Ortega for the men’s featherweight title. There are 13 fights in total (four early preliminary, four preliminary, and five main card). The main card also sees Valentina Shevchenko face off against Lauren Murphy for the women’s flyweight title bout.
|Early preliminary matches||Uros Medic vs Jalin Turner||Lightweight|
|Karl Roberson vs Nick Maximov||Middleweight|
|Matthew Semelsberger vs Martin Sano||Welterweight|
|Jonathan Pears vs Omar Morales||Featherweight|
|Prelims||Marlon Moraes vs Merab Dvalishvili||Bantamweight|
|Dan Hooker vs Nasrat Haqparast||Lightweight|
|Samil Abdurakhimov vs Chris Daukaus||Heavyweight|
|Roxanne Modafferi vs Taila Santos||Women's Flyweight|
|Main Card||Alexander Volkanovski vs Brian Ortega||Featherweight|
|Valentina Shevchenko vs Lauren Murphy||Women's Flyweight|
|Nick Diaz vs Robbie Lawler||Welterweight|
|Curtis Blaydes vs Jairzinho Rozenstruik||Heavyweight|
|Jessica Andrade vs Cynthia Calvillo||Women's Flyweight|