UFC 243 Whittaker vs. Adesanya is on its way. If you’re ready to stream UFC 243 on Kodi, however, you may be a bit out of luck. ESPN’s stranglehold on the broadcast rights means you’ll have to hop around from different services to watch Whittaker vs. Adesanya on Kodi and pretty much anywhere else. That said, we’ll walk you through how to live stream UFC 243 on for free once the event airs on October 5.
Note that our guide will only provide information on legitimate Kodi streaming addons. Popular sporting events like UFC 243 are often locked behind paywalls, including Pay-Per-View models. As a result, many users may want to turn to illegal streaming sources. However, these streams are often poor quality, buffer significantly, and may even cut out during the fight. Many unlicensed streaming websites also contain malware. Official sources will let you watch UFC 243 for free and without risk, so there’s no need to turn to untrustworthy streaming sources.
To watch UFC 243 for free, viewers in the US and other locations will likely need a VPN to unblock streaming services.
READER DEAL:Save 60% on IPVanish for fast, private streaming on Kodi.
UFC 243 will begin with several early preliminary fights, starting October 5 at 6:45 PM EST (10:45 PM GMT). The main fight card starts at 10 PM EST / 2 AM GMT.
How to watch UFC 243 free on Kodi with a VPN
You can bypass UFC region locks using a VPN. Follow these steps to watch UFC 243 Whittaker vs. Adesanya through Kodi from anywhere in the world:
- First, sign up to a VPN of your choice. For Kodi users, we recommend IPVanish, although ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and CyberGhost are comparable alternatives.
- Download your VPN’s app on your desired streaming device (make sure it has an app for that device)
- Connect to a VPN server in a country where UFC 243 is available to stream. For example, if you’re using UFC Fight Pass, a US or UK server will do, while viewing free through DAZN will require a German VPN server.
- Try visiting your chosen website or service, or streaming through your desired Kodi addon. It should load almost immediately.
We strongly suggest running through the steps above well in advance of when the Early Prelims start. This way, if anything doesn’t work as expected, you’ll still have time to get help from your VPN’s customer support staff and might not have to miss any of the event.
Different countries have different streaming sources, but for those looking to watch online, you’ll need to sign up for UFC Fight Pass or ESPN+ to get the preliminary matches. And if you’re in Germany, you can watch the main event on DAZN for free using the free trial option.
How to watch UFC 243 Whittaker vs. Adesanya on Kodi
UFC 243 Whittaker vs. Adesanya is a Pay-Per-View event in almost every country around the world where it’s available. However, in most locations, you can get the Early Preliminary and Preliminary matches without paying a dime, and in Germany, you can get the main event for free through DAZN, or at a low cost.
Streaming options in major UFC regions include:
- United States: UFC Fight Pass/ESPN+ (Early Prelims), ESPN2 (Prelims), ESPN+ PPV (Main)
- United Kingdom: UFC Fight Pass (Early Prelims and Prelims), BT Sport Box Office (Main)
- Germany: DAZN (whole event)
- Canada: UFC Fight Pass (Early Prelims), TSN (Prelims), UFC PPV (Main)
- Australia: UFC Fight Pass (Early Prelims and Prelims, Main Event PPV or UFC Fight Pass PPV (Main)
Anyone in the US can use UFC Fight Pass and a VPN to watch the entire Early Prelim and Prelim events for free thanks to the UFC Fight Pass free trial. However, a VPN may or may not work to get access to DAZN Germany.
We’ve tested VPNs with DAZN, and have found DAZN Canada can be unlocked with a VPN, but have not verified other unblocking efforts to other DAZN countries, including DAZN Germany. As there is no free trial to DAZN in the US, you may want to only explore that option if you have a Germany-based payment method.
At present, there are Kodi addons available for both DAZN and UFC Fight Pass. There is no addon for ESPN+, so you’ll still need to use the ESPN website or app to access the fight. Alternatively, if you purchase the fight through UFC Fight Pass, you can use a VPN to still access Whittaker vs. Adesanya in the US.
How to install the UFC Fight Pass Kodi addon
To get UFC Fight Pass on Kodi, you’ll need to do the following:
- Go to UFC’s website and sign up to UFC Fight Pass
- Next, download the UFC Fight Pass Kodi addon (zip file)
- Now, open Kodi and go to Video addons
- Next, click on the Package Symbol on the top left
- Click on Install from zip
- Locate your downloads folder, then click to install the plugin.video.ufcfightpass-1.2.1 addon
- Now, return to your Video addons screen and find the Fight Pass addon
- Right-click (or long press on Amazon Firestick) to open the settings. Enter your Fight Pass username and password where required
You can now load any UFC Fight Pass streams available to you. Your streams should load in high quality, and according to what we’ve seen, all of the UFC 243 Early Preliminary and Preliminary events will be available on Kodi through the UFC Fight Pass addon.
This is a good option for Kodi users in Canada and the US when paired with a VPN. UFC Fight Pass carries all of the Preliminary and Early Preliminary matches in other countries, including the UK. If you connect to a UK VPN server, you’ll be able to use the UFC Fight Pass free trial to get access to all of the Early Prelims and Prelims.
Note: UFC Fight Pass no longer offers a free trial in the US! You must pay $9.99 per month to access the service. If you happen to have payment options in any other country, we recommend signing up using a VPN and your alternative country payment options.
How to install the DAZN Kodi addon
You can easily access the DAZN addon directly from the official Kodi addon repository.
- From your Kodi home screen, click on Video addons
- Next, click on Install from repository
- Locate the Kodi addon repository, then click on Video addons
- Find the DAZN addon, then click Install
- You’ll find the DAZN addon from the Kodi home screen > Video addons
- Right-click / long-press the DAZN addon to input your username and password
Now you’ll be able to load any available streams from DAZN. The difficulty with DAZN may be that IPVanish won’t bypass the German server, however. If you’re having issues getting IPVanish to access the German version of the site through Kodi, we recommend you utilize the Pay-Per-View options.
Note again that DAZN eliminated free trials in the US, so this is no longer an option for US fight fans to get free access to the main event.
How to watch UFC 243 on Firestick
You can download and install Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV, including the Firestick. The app is not available through the Amazon App Store, so you’ll need to sideload Kodi on the Firestick.
Once you have Kodi installed, all of the addons listed above will work, and you can install them on Kodi using the same steps mentioned above.
Additional UFC 243 options
UFC 243 should be available in the US, UK, Australia, Germany, and in more locations abroad. Using a VPN and UFC Fight Pass, you should be able to get access to the entire fight, including the prelims.
However, if you’re looking to watch the fight outside of Kodi, there may be a few additional options, especially if you’re in the US. You may want to check out our regular streaming guide for how to watch UFC 243 for more details on where and how to watch the October 5 event.