Disney Plus has given other big streaming platforms a run for their money since launching in 2019, so it’s no wonder viewers worldwide want to watch Disney’s content regardless of where they’re connecting from. But unfortunately, Disney Plus uses geo-restrictions that prevent some users from accessing the content while traveling abroad in certain countries.
Hotspot Shield is a popular Virtual Private Network (VPN) tool used by many to bypass these geo-restrictions and access blocked websites and streaming services. However, Hotspot Shield is not always successful in accessing Disney Plus.
In this article, we’ll break down the possible reasons why Hotspot Shield might not be working with Disney Plus and provide some tips on trying to fix the issue. Let’s get started!
Why Hotspot Shield doesn’t work with Disney Plus
There are a few potential reasons why Hotspot Shield might not be working to unblock Disney Plus. First, it could be that Disney Plus has blocked the IP address associated with your Hotspot Shield connection, preventing access. It could also be that Hotspot Shield is having technical difficulties, not allowing your connection to go through. Finally, you may be using an outdated version of Hotspot Shield and need to upgrade the software.
If Disney Plus detects Hotspot Shield, you may receive the following error: “There seems to be an issue connecting to the Disney+ service. Please try again later if the issue persists.”
How to Fix a Hotspot Shield not working with Disney Plus?
While it’s unclear the exact reason Hotspot Shield isn’t working with Disney Plus, you can use a few tried and tested fixes to resolve your connection issues.
Here’s how to fix Hotspot Shield not working with Disney Plus:
- The first thing to do is check if Hotspot Shield has an updated version available. If so, upgrade the software and try connecting again.
- Another potential fix is trying a different IP address. Some users have successfully switched to another server or country when connecting with Hotspot Shield. To do this, go into the Hotspot Shield app and select a different server.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies, and try accessing Disney again. Doing so allows the Disney Plus servers to acknowledge the change of IP address and server location.
- Contact Hotspot Shield support to see if they know of any issues connecting to Disney.
If none of these fixes worked for you, try using a different VPN service when connecting to Disney Plus. We’d recommend using our top choice VPN for Disney Plus, NordVPN, which works flawlessly with the streaming service.
How to watch Disney Plus with NordVPN
While Hotspot Shield may have worked with Disney Plus in the past, for many, it’s not reliable enough to work consistently. So, why not take NordVPN for a spin using its 30-day money-back guarantee? Alternatively, Surfshark and ExpressVPN also work great with Disney, and the process is the same as NordVPN.
Here’s how to watch Disney Plus with NordVPN:
- Sign up for the #1 VPN for Disney, NordVPN.
- Download and install the NordVPN app on your device. Apps are available for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- Log in to the NordVPN app using your new credentials, select a server based in your home country, and click connect.
- Open Disney Plus and start streaming content!
- If you struggle to connect to Disney, clear your cookies and browser cache, and refresh the page/app.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN FOR DISNEY PLUS RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Disney Plus with no restrictions for a month—great if you want to binge your favorite show or are going on a short trip.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
Hotspot Shield not working with Disney FAQs
Can I use a free VPN to watch Disney from abroad?
Free VPNs are unlikely to work with Disney since they usually need more resources to keep up with Disney’s anti-VPN measures. Instead, we recommend using a paid VPN like NordVPN, which has reliable servers and works consistently with Disney.
What content can I watch on Disney?
Disney Plus has a wealth of content, including movies, TV shows, and original programming. Some of the most popular titles include The Mandalorian, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, WandaVision, and The Simpsons.
Does Disney plus ban VPN users?
No. Disney doesn’t ban VPN users from accessing its service, but it detects and blocks IP addresses associated with known VPN providers. That’s why we recommend using a reputable paid VPN like NordVPN that consistently bypasses Disney Plus blocks.