Some of our favorite services aren’t available elsewhere in the world. For example, you won’t be able to stream Qazsport or Balapan TV from outside of Kazakhstan. Of course, with the right Kazakhstan VPN, it’s easy to access your home subscriptions and unblock geo-restricted services from abroad.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) changes your IP address by routing your data through a server in another country. Accessing streaming services isn’t the only reason you might use one. Your VPN traffic is encrypted, meaning it can’t be accessed by the government, your ISP, or hackers. This is particularly important in countries like Kazakhstan where internet censorship is a problem.
Want to keep things brief? Look below for a short description of the best VPNs for Kazakhstan. Alternatively, keep reading for a more detailed review of each.
Summary of the VPNs for Kazakhstan:
- ExpressVPN: The best VPN for Kazakhstan. Highly versatile with fast connections and a wide range of security features. Works great with Netflix and Kazakh TV. 30-day money-back guarantee included.
- Surfshark: Our favorite low-cost VPN for Kazakhstan. A security-first service boasting solid speeds, a true no-logs policy, and fantastic unblocking ability.
- CyberGhost: This user-friendly VPN is speedy, secure, and ideal for streaming TV in Kazakhstan or abroad. Has a huge network and doesn’t log any data that could identify you.
- Hotspot Shield: A quick, reliable VPN that works just as well for streaming as it does for torrenting or bypassing censorship. Also comes with an impressive set of security features.
- ZenMate: This VPN is great for streaming, torrenting, or just general browsing thanks to its speedy servers and strong security features. Keeps no logs and allows unlimited connections.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN FOR KAZAKHSTAN RISK FREE?
ExpressVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Kazakhstan with no restrictions for a month—great if you want to overcome internet censorship issues.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide ExpressVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your ExpressVPN trial here.
Best VPN for Kazakhstan
We recommend opting for a VPN that’s balanced, with an equal focus on security, speed, functionality, and unblocking ability. With this in mind, here are the criteria we used to find the best quality Kazakhstan VPNs:
- Offers access to at least one server in Kazakhstan
- Is fast enough for HD live streaming
- Lets you access some of the most popular geo-blocked services from abroad
- Provides powerful security tools designed to keep your activities private
- Doesn’t store any logs that could be used to identify you
- Has apps for a wide range of operating systems and devices
Here’s a list of the best VPNs for Kazakhstan:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN has a network of more than 3,000 servers in 94 countries, Kazakhstan included. With consistent, high-speed connections and unlimited bandwidth, it’s as comfortable with streaming as it is torrenting. In fact, it’s even able to access tricky services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video from outside their respective countries. There’s no limit to the number of devices you can install the app on but only five devices can be connected at once.
From a security perspective, this service is exceptional. It keeps you safe using DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leak protection, 256-bit encryption, and a kill switch that stops you from accidentally browsing unprotected. Additionally, as ExpressVPN doesn’t log any personally identifiable data, it can’t reveal details of your activities even if asked to by the government. Finally, this service runs a 24/7 help desk that can be reached over email or live chat, should you need it.
ExpressVPN users can install iOS, Android, MacOS, Windows, and Linux apps. Alternatively, you can use this service’s custom firmware to easily install it on supported home routers.
- Servers in Kazakhstan
- Thousands of high-speed servers
- Excellent unblocking ability
- Fantastic security offering
- Pay anonymously with Bitcoin
- 24/7 live support available
- A little more expensive than some rivals
BEST VPN FOR KAZAKHSTAN:ExpressVPN is our first choice for Kazakhstan. It offers high speeds, takes your security seriously, and can reliably access all kinds of region-locked services. It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, meaning you can try it risk-free.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark offers access to over 3,000 servers in 63 countries, not just Kazakhstan. It’s particularly well-suited to streaming thanks to its fantastic and steady speeds. In other words, you shouldn’t have any issues, whether you’re trying to watch Netflix or Astana TV. Best of all, this VPN lets you connect any number of devices simultaneously, making it an excellent choice for families.
This VPN clearly takes user security seriously. To begin with, it uses effectively uncrackable 256-bit encryption. There’s also a kill switch, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a feature that blocks ads and malware automatically. Notably, Surfshark has a NoBorders mode specifically designed for bypassing censorship (and it even works in China). This service doesn’t keep any logs and accepts cryptocurrency payments. Need help? You can contact support 24/7 via live chat or email.
Surfshark offers apps for MacOS, iOS, Windows, Android, and Linux devices. If you’d prefer, it can be manually configured for select internet routers.
- Plenty of servers to choose from
- Fast enough for most purposes
- Works many major streaming platforms
- Strong security and privacy credentials
- No limit on number of devices connected
- Occasional slow server
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark is an exceptional low-cost VPN that works great in Kazakhstan. What’s more, it provides solid speeds, a wide range of advanced security features, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out the full Surfshark review for more details.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost has 7,000+ servers in 88 countries worldwide, and 20+ in Kazakhstan alone. This means you’ll never struggle to find a fast, low-load server even during busy times like evenings and weekends. What’s more, there’s very little this VPN can’t do: it’s speedy enough for live streaming, torrenting, or gaming, plus it allows up to seven connections at once.
This service was designed to be as easy to use as possible, and as such, all of its security features are enabled by default. These include leak protection, an always-on kill switch, military-grade encryption, and a hybrid ad-blocker/malware-scanner. What’s more, CyberGhost does not log any data by which its users could be identified. If you run into problems, you can speak with support staff day or night over live chat.
CyberGhost comes with easy-to-use apps for Windows, Android, iOS, MacOS, and Linux. It can also be installed manually on select internet routers.
- Dedicated servers in Kazakhstan
- The largest server network on this list
- Designed with beginners in mind
- Fast speeds and great unblocking ability
- Scores highly in terms of security and privacy
- Lack of configuration options will frustrate power users
- Does not work in China or the UAE
SPEED AND PRIVACY:CyberGhost offers the best of both worlds: high speeds and a strong security focus. It’s great at accessing geo-restricted services too, meaning it’s a strong choice for watching Kazakh TV abroad. A 45-day money-back guarantee is included.
Read our in-depth CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Editor’s Note: Hotspot Shield is owned by Pango, Comparitech’s parent company.
Hotspot Shield has over 1,800 servers in 80+ countries including Kazakhstan. This service enables access to especially stubborn services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer, meaning there are very few limits to what you can watch. It even makes it easy to stream Kazakh TV abroad since it boasts excellent unblocking abilities, stable connections, and unlimited bandwidth.
Of course, this VPN is no slouch when it comes to security either. It uses effectively uncrackable encryption as well as IPv6 and DNS leak protection to prevent snoopers from monitoring your traffic. There’s also a kill switch and automatic wifi protection, both of which ensure your activities are hidden at all times. Equally important, Hotspot Shield doesn’t store any logs beyond the duration of your session. 24/7 support is available via email or live chat.
Hotspot Shield apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS. You can also follow manual setup instructions to use this VPN on Linux systems or network routers.
- Servers in Kazakhstan
- Very fast speeds for streaming HD content
- Unlimited bandwidth
- A wealth of security features
- 24/7 live support available
- No anonymous payment options
- Has had privacy issues in the past
WATCH TV ANYWHERE:Hotspot Shield is a well-balanced provider with excellent unblocking abilities, decent speeds, and a great range of security features. Further, it comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Still have questions? You’ll find answers in the full Hotspot Shield review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 days
ZenMate has 3,400+ servers in over 73 countries. Notably, it more than 50 in Kazakhstan, which is more than any other provider in this list. Thanks to its security and high speeds, this VPN is a strong choice for anyone who wants to access the free internet. Of course, these features also make it ideal for using services like Netflix, Showtime, and Crunchyroll while traveling abroad.
ZenMate has iOS, Windows, Android, and MacOS apps. Additionally, it can be manually installed on Linux systems and supported wireless routers.
- 50+ high-speed Kazakhstan servers
- Impressive security and privacy features
- Connect as many devices as you like
- Supports torrenting
- Servers in fewer countries than rivals
- Doesn’t work in China
BROWSE WITHOUT LIMITS:ZenMate has plenty of fast servers to choose from, powerful security features, and no connection limits. These features, combined with a 30-day money-back guarantee make it perfect for anyone looking to watch TV from Kazakhstan online.
Read our comprehensive review of ZenMate.
Kazakhstan VPN: Our testing methodology
There are around a hundred VPNs on the market and they are not all created equally. At Comparitech, we use a scientific VPN testing methodology to check each of the world’s most popular VPNs. Below we have included a list of features we looked for when recommending the best VPNs for Kazakhstan:
- Global server network – This allows you to get the best speeds and to access restricted content from all over the world.
- Apps for all platforms – This lets you connect to the VPN on a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. Our recommendation even have apps for Fire TV devices and browsers.
- Robust security features – We recommend VPNs that come with military grade encryption, a kill-switch, obfuscation, malware protection, and other advanced VPN features.
- A no logs policy – This provides the highest levels of privacy and ensures that the VPN never has records of what its users do while connected to the VPN.
- Excellent unblocking – Our recommendations can help you access sought after censored or geo-restricted websites and services from around the world.
How to use a VPN for Kazakhstan
VPNs might seem complicated at first but they’re really quite simple to use. Just follow the instructions below.
Here’s how to use a VPN for Kazakhstan:
- The first step is to choose a suitable provider from the list above. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Next, download your provider’s app. Since most VPNs allow multiple simultaneous connections, you might as well install it on any device you use often.
- Log in and connect to the VPN. Remember: if your goal is to bypass country-wide internet censorship, you can’t use a server in your current location. You will need to choose a server in a different country to change your IP address.
- Once connected, your data will be encrypted and you’ll be able to browse safely. You should also be able to access geo-blocked services from whichever country your chosen server is in.
- If you have any issues once connected, clear your cookies or ask your VPN’s support team for further assistance.
Kazakhstan VPN FAQs
Are free VPNs safe to use in Kazakhstan?
The reality is that many free VPN services fail to include basic security features like encryption, which means they’re pretty useless from a security standpoint.
It’s far safer to choose a reputable VPN with a proven track record on privacy than to use a service just because it’s free. What’s more, paid VPNs usually have larger networks and fewer users, so you won’t be competing for resources like you would on a free VPN. Ultimately, this means you’ll notice faster speeds, less buffering, and smoother browsing.
Can I watch Kazakh TV online?
You can stream all kinds of Kazakh TV online. In fact, some of the country’s most popular channels even let you watch for free. In most cases, you don’t even have to create an account before doing so. Here are a few of the most popular Kazakh networks with a live stream:
- Kazakh TV
- Astana TV
- Gakku TV
- Channel 31
- Khabar 24
Why should I use a VPN in Kazakhstan?
The Kazakh government has a history of intentionally throttling internet speeds, censoring a huge range of online content, and prosecuting those with dissenting opinions using restrictive defamation laws.
It has previously blocked access to news websites, social media, and messaging apps during times of protest. This not only makes it difficult to coordinate, but also prevents citizens from reporting what happens at protests, or even confirming whether they’re safe or not.
For these reasons, it is a good idea to use a VPN to stay anonymous while in Kazakhstan. This is especially true if you’re a journalist or activist since jail time is a very real possibility if you say the wrong thing in the wrong way.
Comparitech does not encourage or condone using a VPN to access content or carry out activities that are illegal in your location. If there’s any doubt, we strongly recommend reading up on your country’s relevant legislation.