Cash App is a popular mobile payment service through which you can quickly and easily send and receive money. Unfortunately, Cash App is only available in the US and UK. If you’re traveling abroad or simply want to use Cash App with greater security, you’ll need a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
A VPN is a service that lets you connect to a server in another country. In this case, you’d want to connect to a server in your home country, be it the US or Canada. In doing so, you’ll receive a US or UK IP address. This spoofs your location and allows you to unblock Cash App from abroad. However, VPNs provide multiple other benefits, particularly security and privacy-related thanks to the encryption of your internet traffic.
Before we cover the best VPNs for Cash App, here’s a quick overview of each in the event that you urgently need a VPN:
- NordVPN: The best VPN for Cash App. Nearly 2,000 servers in the US and over 400 in the UK. Fast with lots of security features, a no-logs policy, and 24/7 support.
- Surfshark: Best value VPN. Works with Cash app and many streaming services. No-logs VPN service with MultiHop servers. Unlimited simultaneous connections.
- ExpressVPN: Servers in 94 countries, the US and UK included. Unlimited bandwidth and the highest level of encryption. Live chat and email support 24 hours a day.
- CyberGhost: Huge network of over 9,000 servers. One of the fastest VPNs around. Keeps you safe on Cash App with encryption. Operates a strict no-logs policy.
- IPVanish: Very good speeds for fast transactions on Cash App. Over 2,000 servers and unlimited simultaneous connections per account. 24/7 support included.
- PrivateVPN: Strong unblocking ability. Access Cash App and streaming services like Prime Video while abroad. User-friendly apps and particularly fast email support.
- Atlas VPN: Use it with Cash App, Netflix, and more. Growing network of servers and no connection limit. Extra security in the form of MultiHop servers and an ad blocker.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK-FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Cash App with no restrictions for a month—perfect if you happen to be on vacation for several weeks.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
Best VPNs for Cash App
Choosing the best VPNs for Cash App is more than just finding those that work with it. It’s also important to look at a VPN’s server speed and security features, for example. Here are some of the advantages offered by all of the best VPNs for Cash App:
- Servers compatible with Cash App (US and UK)
- Fast and unthrottled connections
- Secures your data with military-grade encryption
- Privacy protection through a no-logs policy
- Option to connect at least five devices at once
- Customer support via live chat and email
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for Cash App:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is strong in all areas, making it an ideal choice for all of your browsing and streaming needs. This VPN provider has more than 5,000 servers for you to choose from. What’s particularly noteworthy is that some 2,000 of these servers are located in the US. Needless to say, it’s easy to access Cash App while you’re traveling abroad. NordVPN also works well with many popular streaming services and is known for its very fast speeds.
Aside from impressive performance, NordVPN ticks all of the boxes when it comes to security and privacy protection. It offers 256-bit AES encryption, protection from DNS and IPv6 leaks, and a kill switch. What’s more, it has a no-logs policy which has been independently audited by PwC. All of these features plus the option of Double VPN and Onion Over VPN servers makes for a safer experience with Cash App. If you need help, know that NordVPN has live chat and email support, 24/7.
You’ll be able to connect up to six devices at the same time via NordVPN’s Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Amazon TV apps. Browser extensions are offered for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. While NordVPN can be used with select routers, manual setup is required.
- Over 5,000 servers worldwide, 2,000+ of which are in the US
- More than fast enough for streaming and online gaming
- Provides extra security for Cash App with high-end encryption
- Quality customer support available 24/7 via live chat and email
- No-logs policy independently audited by PwC
- No kill switch on its Android app
BEST VPN FOR CASH APP:NordVPN is our top pick. It’s very fast and has more than 2,400 servers in the US and UK combined. You can also use it to stream many Netflix libraries while on vacation. No-logs VPN with quality 24/7 support. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it risk-free.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark offers excellent value for money when you consider the speed and security offered. Overall, it now has more than 3,000 servers in 100 countries — far more locations than the vast majority of VPNs on the market. It’s also one of the fastest VPNs available. Indeed, it averaged 324 Mbps in our latest tests. Surfshark’s speeds and unlimited bandwidth means you can stream Netflix in 4K without issue (it works with more than 30 Netflix libraries in all).
There’s no limit to the number of devices you can connect with Surfshark, making this a particularly good option for sharing with family. Security includes 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS and IPv6 leak protection. It doesn’t stop there. You’ll also find MultiHop servers for when you need two layers of encryption — great for secure use with Cash App. A no-logs VPN service, Surfshark also provides support 24 hours a day.
Surfshark apps are available for all major operating systems: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux. You can also find them for Amazon Fire TV and Android TV while browser extensions are available for Chrome and Firefox. Surfshark can be manually installed on compatible routers too.
- Servers in 100 countries including the US and UK for using Cash App
- Works well with streaming services such as Netflix
- Very good speeds coupled with unlimited bandwidth
- MultiHop servers for two layers of encryption
- Live chat and email support 24 hours a day
- Expensive month-to-month plan
BEST VALUE VPN:Surfshark provides high-speed servers in more countries than most VPNs. Thanks to encryption, a no-logs policy, and MultiHop servers, it’s suitable for Cash App. Unlimited simultaneous connections. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN has a generous network of over 3,000 servers. These are located across countries including the US and UK for easy access to Cash App from any location. Server speeds are as fast as they are consistent. Unlimited bandwidth ensures you won’t have any trouble streaming content, be it on Netflix, BBC iPlayer, or HBO Max. ExpressVPN is one of the stronger unblockers of content which is particularly useful if you regularly travel abroad.
This service includes 24-hour customer support via live chat and email, making it quick and easy to get help. However, its apps are beginner-friendly and you can use them to connect up to five devices simultaneously. Once connected, data is routed through a 256-bit AES encrypted tunnel. Also included is DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection and a kill switch. Note that ExpressVPN doesn’t keep any logs by which you can be identified, allowing you to maintain online anonymity.
ExpressVPN has desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux) and mobile (Android and iOS) apps. You’ll also find apps for Amazon Fire TV and Android TV and there are Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browser extensions. Custom firmware is available for routers.
- Large network of 3,000+ servers in 94 countries
- Works with Cash App as well as popular streaming services
- No bandwidth throttling so you can stream without lag
- Support available around the clock via live chat and email
- One of the more expensive VPNs on the market
- Fewer simultaneous connections than other VPNs on this list
STRONG ALL-ROUNDER:ExpressVPN won’t let you down. It’s fast, has servers in 94 countries, and works with Cash App and streaming services such as Netflix. User-friendly VPN with strong security and quality customer support, 24/7. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost certainly stands out for its very large network of servers. This now stands at over 9,000 servers in 90+ countries. This provides numerous benefits. For example, you’re more likely to be able to find a fast, low-load server nearer your physical location. It also means you can access a wider range of geo-blocked websites and services. At the time of writing, CyberGhost is the fastest VPN we’ve tested, averaging 548 Mbps.
This is a strict no-logs service with plenty of security features that come in handy when using Cash App. There’s 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and an automatic kill switch. Notably, CyberGhost also offers a Windows security suite. This includes antivirus and anti-malware features. With CyberGhost, you can secure up to seven of your devices at the same time. You’ll also have access to its live chat and email support 24 hours a day.
CyberGhost offers apps for the following: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available. However, to use CyberGhost with a wireless router, you’ll need to manually configure the connection.
- Fastest connection speeds of any VPN on this list
- Huge server network (9,000+ in over 90 countries)
- Can be used on up to seven devices at the same time
- Plenty of security features to keep you safe on Cash App
- Unable to bypass the VPN block in China
- Parent company has a poor reputation
HUGE SERVER NETWORK:CyberGhost offers over 9,000 servers in 90+ countries. Fastest speeds of any VPN we’ve tested. Use it with Cash App as well as Netflix US from abroad. Strict no-logs policy and an antivirus for Windows. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish is compatible with Cash App as well as streaming services such as Netflix US. It now offers over 2,000 servers in dozens of countries so you can continue browsing as normal while overseas. What’s particularly impressive is that IPVanish is now one of the fastest VPNs around with speeds averaging 488 Mbps in our tests. You’ll be able to stream content in high definition and even 4K without performance issues.
There’s no limit to the number of devices you can connect at the same time with IPVanish. Furthermore, your subscription includes access to 24/7 support via live chat and email. This is a zero-logs service which uses 256-bit AES encryption and DNS leak protection. There’s also a kill switch which shuts down internet traffic should your VPN connection drop. IPVanish owns and operates its servers as opposed to renting them, which reduces the risk of third party interference.
You can download IPVanish apps for Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV. While Linux and select routers are supported, you’ll need to manually configure the connection.
- Works with Cash App as well as Netflix US
- More than 2,000 servers available worldwide
- Some of the fastest speeds we’ve tested
- No limit to the number of devices you can connect at once
- Operates out of the US — a Five Eyes member
- Doesn’t offer any browser extensions
FASTER THAN EVER:IPVanish has implemented WireGuard protocol and is more than fast enough for streaming. Works well with Cash App and has servers in nearly 20 US cities. Zero-logs policy and unlimited simultaneous connections. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN is as reliable as you can get when it comes to bypassing geographic restrictions on content. Not only does it work with Cash App, but you’ll be able to stream everything from Netflix to Amazon Prime Video while on vacation. It has a smaller network of servers but this number is more than enough for the number of users served. This is evident in PrivateVPN’s high-speed connections. It won’t throttle your bandwidth so you can stream without restriction.
We’ve tested PrivateVPN’s support for ourselves and found it to be among the best. Indeed, its email support is almost as fast as its live chat. This VPN is highly suitable for beginners thanks to the easy-to-use apps. Security is made up of 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. Unlike many VPNs, PrivateVPN has a true no-logs policy. This means that it doesn’t even keep connection logs. It also accepts payment in Bitcoin.
To use PrivateVPN, download and install one of its apps for Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS. Alternatively, you can manually set up PrivateVPN to work with Linux or your wifi router.
- Strong unblocking ability — use it with Cash App, Netflix, and more
- Unlimited bandwidth allows for the most consistent connections
- Quality customer support (replies to emails within minutes)
- Smaller network of just over 200 servers
- Live chat isn’t available 24/7
BEGINNER-FRIENDLY:PrivateVPN provides apps that are easy to use and is highly adept at bypassing geographic restrictions. High-speed connections and unlimited bandwidth as well as privacy protection with its true no-logs policy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Atlas VPN may be a newer VPN provider (launched in 2020), but it has quickly established itself as one of the more consistent unblockers of content. This includes Cash App and streaming platforms such as BBC iPlayer and Disney+. It also posts impressive speeds, so it’s more than capable not only for streaming but for torrenting and online gaming. What’s just as impressive is that Atlas VPN allows unlimited simultaneous connections per account.
You can expect to encounter all of the essential VPN security features with Atlas VPN. This means 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection from DNS leaks. However, there are also a number of extras not offered by many other VPNs such as MultiHop servers and an ad and malware blocker. Atlas VPN doesn’t keep identifying logs of its users such as your IP address or browsing history. Live chat and email support is available around the clock.
There’s no shortage of apps for Atlas VPN. They’re offered for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV. Manual setup is required to use Atlas VPN with Linux while there’s no support for routers as yet.
- High-speed servers for fast Cash App transactions
- Worked with most streaming services we tested it with
- Connect all of your devices simultaneously
- Not the largest server network (a little over 700)
- Doesn’t support routers
EXTRA SECURITY:Atlas VPN makes it easy to use Cash App outside the US and UK. Fast with powerful unblocking and a generous unlimited connection allowance. Very secure service with MultiHop servers and an ad blocker available. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Atlas VPN review.
How to use Cash App with a VPN
Regardless of the VPN you use with Cash App, the process will be quite similar. The best VPNs are particularly easy to use. You should be using Cash App in a matter of minutes.
Here’s how you can access Cash App using a VPN:
- First, you’ll need to select a VPN service and sign up accordingly. We particularly recommend NordVPN.
- Next, download and install the VPN app on your browsing device. All of the best VPNs for Cash App allow multiple simultaneous connections.
- Open your new VPN app and log in if prompted. Connect to a server located in the US or UK (the only countries in which Cash App is available).
- Open the Cash App. You should now be able to use your account without restriction even if you’re on vacation outside the US or UK.
- Blocked? You may be able to fix the issue by clearing your cookies. Note that you may also need to switch servers if the IP address you’re using has been blacklisted.
Methodology: How we found the best VPNs for use with Cash App
While there are other apps that work with Cash App, we couldn’t recommend some of them for various reasons. Indeed, there are various factors to take into consideration when choosing a VPN. Below, you can find out a little more about our methodology:
- Servers in the US and UK: Cash App is only available in the US and UK. As such, a VPN must, at the very least, offer servers in these locations to be considered. In fact, the VPNs we recommend all have servers in dozens of countries so you can access even more geo-restricted content while on vacation.
- Speed: You don’t need a fast connection to use Cash App but it doesn’t hurt! Speed becomes more of a factor when you’re streaming or gaming. We run speed tests to find the fastest VPNs. It’s no coincidence that all of them offer unlimited bandwidth, so you can stream and play online games lag-free.
- Unblocking: It’s not just Cash App or online banking accounts that can be geo-blocked from abroad. You may find that your favorite streaming service, news site, or social media platform is unavailable. This is why we test each VPN against a variety of content to find those that are most consistent.
- Security: Online security is always important but especially so when you’re making financial transactions. A VPN encrypts your internet traffic, obscuring it from hackers and snoopers. We look for VPNs that offer this as well as DNS leak protection and a kill switch. In many cases, extras such as Double VPN servers are available.
- Privacy: Some VPNs don’t properly protect your privacy. Indeed, some keep logs which may be sold to third parties. Having studied over 140 VPN logging policies, we’ve been able to identify those that allow for online anonymity. This means they shouldn’t keep any logs by which you can be identified as a user.
- Ease of use: It’s by looking for all of the above that we are also able to determine each VPN’s ease of use. This comes through extensive hands-on testing of apps. You should be able to connect to a server in a single click in many cases while the best VPNs for Cash App also provide 24-hour support via live chat and email.
- Value for money: Many VPNs don’t offer much of the above. Despite this, a lot of these VPNs are more expensive than those we’re recommending. In this post, you’ll find discount coupons so you can get the best possible deal. What’s more, the best VPNs for Cash App all come with money-back guarantees.
Our VPN testing methodology further explains our process of analyzing VPNs on criteria such as speed and security.
VPNs for Cash App: FAQs
Can I use a free VPN with Cash App?
Not all VPNs work with Cash App so you may struggle to find a free VPN that’s compatible. Free VPNs usually offer fewer servers and IP addresses. They also attract a lot of users so the few available IP addresses quickly become blacklisted by geo-blocked websites. Another reason we don’t recommend you use a free VPN with Cash App is that you may not be getting sufficient security. In some cases, data won’t be properly encrypted, or the VPN might log your activity and sell personal data to third parties.
Is it legal to use a VPN with Cash App?
The Cash App Terms of Service doesn’t specifically refer to VPNs although it does state that you “must be a resident of the United States” or UK. Furthermore, it says “You must not attempt to use the Virtual Currency Services, such as by obscuring your IP address or submitting any inaccurate information regarding your location”. Cash App also reserves the right to suspend your account. As such, there’s an element of risk in using a VPN with Cash App. However, if you’re a US or UK resident and you’re only away for a short time, you’ll probably be okay. In either case, it’s not illegal to use a VPN with Cash App.