Looking to watch Thai television channels while traveling abroad? Due to geographic restrictions, this isn’t normally possible without a Virtual Private Network (VPN). Below, we’ll explain how to regain access to all of your favorite content and streaming apps from outside of Thailand, and suggest a few of the best VPNs for Thai TV.
VPNs aren’t just good for streaming, though. They also encrypt your traffic, hiding your activities from public hotspot owners, service providers, and network administrators. Additionally, they can change your IP address, making it harder to track you across the web.
Here’s a quick rundown of our top VPNs for Thai TV. If any stand out, just scroll down for a more detailed look.
Best VPNs for Thai TV:
- NordVPN: The best VPN for Thai TV. It boasts solid speeds, impressive security credentials, a no-logs policy, and the ability to unblock all kinds of Thai services abroad. Also includes a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
TIP In our testing we found that the cheapest NordVPN plan (Standard) works perfectly for Thai TV.
- Surfshark: Best budget provider. A secure and speedy provider that works with Channel 3 and Thai PBS. Unlimited devices and affordable plans.
- ExpressVPN: Strong security offering. This reliable, versatile service offers high speeds, and exceptional unblocking ability, plus powerful privacy tools.
- CyberGhost: An excellent choice for streaming. Novice-friendly apps, a zero-logs policy, and one of the largest networks on the market.
- IPVanish: A zero-logs VPN that’s fast enough for live streaming Thai TV. Offers unlimited connections, powerful security features, and real unblocking ability.
- PrivateVPN: Prioritizes your online security and works with a variety of channels including Thai PBS. Keeps no logs and even works in China.
- Hotspot Shield: This quick and reliable VPN has no problems unblocking Thai streaming services abroad. Further, it offers a wide range of security features so you can watch TV online safely.
Looking for a VPN to use while living or traveling in Thailand? Check out our dedicated article on the best VPNs for Thailand. If you’re visiting Thailand for the first time, we recommend you read our guide on security and privacy online in Thailand.
How to watch Thai TV abroad using a VPN
Live streaming TV from Thailand doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact, you can unblock your favorite channels and start watching in a matter of minutes.
Here’s how to watch Thai TV online overseas:
- First, decide which VPN you’d like to use (we recommend NordVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app. Most providers allow five or so connections at once, so you may as well install it on any devices you use regularly.
- Log in and connect to a server in Thailand. This will get you a Thai IP address and trick sites into thinking that’s where you actually are
- Try using a previously inaccessible Thai streaming service. You should find that it loads immediately, without any issues. If you’re still having trouble, clear your cookies and cache then reload the page. Alternatively, contact your VPN’s support team.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN FOR THAI TV RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Thai TV without limits or restrictions for a month—great if you want to watch your favorite shows abroad.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
How we found the best VPNs for streaming Thai TV
While you’ll see a lot of VPNs advertised, not all offer the same level of service. Many simply aren’t capable of bypassing the region-locking used by major streaming platforms. It’s not just about unblocking ability, either: a good provider should also strike a balance between speed, network size, security, and privacy.
Criteria for selecting VPNs
- Has plenty of servers to choose from including at least one in Thailand
- Provides speeds high enough for live streaming
- Can reliably unblock Thai streaming services like BBTV Channel 7 abroad
- Uses effectively uncrackable encryption and various other security features
- Doesn’t keep any logs that could identify you
- Offers apps for all major operating systems
To find out more about how we test and recommend VPNs please check out our VPN testing methodology article.
Best VPNs for Thai TV
Below, we’ll review the best VPNs for watching TV from Thailand in greater detail:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our first choice for watching Thai TV. Users can choose from over 5,500 servers in 59 countries, Thailand included. Further, it’s able to reliably unblock major streaming services like Channel 7 and Amazon Prime Video. With steady speeds, you won’t notice any buffering or lag, and as there are no bandwidth limits, you’re free to stream as much as you like. This VPN has a six-connection limit.
With a wealth of security and privacy features, NordVPN ensures you never have to worry about who might be watching. There’s a customizable kill switch, 256-bit AES encryption and a malware-scanner to begin with, as well as obfuscated servers and protection against DNS leaks. NordVPN accepts three cryptocurrencies and doesn’t keep any logs. Support staff can be reached 24/7 via live chat and email.
NordVPN provides Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows, and Linux apps. It can be manually installed on select internet routers, allowing you to protect all of your devices at once.
- Thousands of high-speed servers
- Easily unblocks a wide range of geo-locked sites
- Packed with high-end security features
- No-logs policy
- Stores advertising IDs on iOS and Android devices
BEST VPN FOR THAI TV:NordVPN is our top pick but it’s a solid option for streaming Thai TV thanks to its huge network, fast speeds, and powerful security features. It also boasts a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and a true no-logging policy.
Read the full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is the best low-cost option. It has a huge network, with over 3,200 servers spread across 100 countries, Thailand included. This service is known for its exceptionally high speeds and to sweeten the deal even further, it allows you to connect unlimited devices. As well as Channel 7 and ThaiPBS, this VPN works with a ton of international platforms like Prime Video and Netflix.
This VPN helps keep you safe online using 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, malware-scanning, and IPv6 and DNS leak protection. You can also take advantage of a NoBorders mode that’s designed to circumvent even the strictest geographic restrictions. Surfshark is a zero-logs provider, so it can’t reveal details of your browsing habits under any circumstances. It’s unlikely you’ll run into problems but in case you do, Surfshark operates a 24/7 live chat-based help desk.
Surfshark has apps for iOS, MacOS, Android, Windows, and Linux systems. Additionally, select internet routers are supported through manual configuration.
- Steady speeds and unlimited bandwidth
- Great unblocking ability and no connection limits
- Strong security and privacy credentials
- Budget-friendly provider
- Some features require a Surfshark One plan, which costs extra
HIGH QUALITY BUDGET OFFERING:Surfshark is our top budget option. It’s fast, reliable, and able to protect every device you own while streaming Thai TV. As if that wasn’t enough, it even offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out our complete Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN has servers in 94 countries and delivers consistently impressive speeds, making it a natural choice for anyone trying to stream Thai TV during a trip abroad. It’s also recently increased its connection limit from five to eight (or 10, if you pick a longer subscription plan). Help is available 24/7 over live chat, should you need it.
When it comes to security, this VPN has you covered. It includes 256-bit military-grade encryption, protection against DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leaks, and a kill switch that stops sending data the moment your connection drops. Best of all, ExpressVPN refuses to log any personally identifiable data and has been audited to prove it. Users looking for even greater privacy can choose to pay in Bitcoin.
ExpressVPN comes with apps for Windows, Android, MacOS, iOS, and Linux. There’s also custom firmware that greatly simplifies the process of installing this VPN on your home router.
- Steady speeds and unlimited bandwidth
- Works with Channel 7, One 31, and more
- Doesn’t compromise on security
- Pay anonymously with Bitcoin
- Monthly subcribers get fewer simultaneous connections
FAST AND SECURE: This veteran provider combines speed, security, and unblocking ability to make it as easy as possible to stream Thai TV abroad. What’s more, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out our comprehensive ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost has a truly expansive network, with 9,000+ servers in 90 countries and a couple dozen in Thailand alone. It provides unlimited bandwidth, very fast speeds, and servers designed for accessing major services including Netflix and Hulu. It also works with Thai channels like ThaiRath TV and MCOT, and with up to seven simultaneous connections allowed, you’re free to watch wherever you like.
The great thing about CyberGhost’s security is that it all comes pre-configured. In other words, you’re secured with 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, an ad-blocker, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks from the moment you click connect. You can create smart rules if you’d like a little extra flexibility, though. Crucially, CyberGhost doesn’t log any info that could be traced back to you. Further, its support team is ready to help around the clock via live chat and email.
CyberGhost apps are available for Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS, and Linux. This VPN can be manually installed on select network routers too.
- Designed with beginners in mind
- Plenty of high-speed Thai servers
- Fantastic set of security and privacy features
- Doesn’t offer much control over advanced features
STREAMING IN SECONDS:CyberGhost offers very high speeds, easy-to-use apps, and one-click access to major streaming services. Additionally, it comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee, a no-logs policy, and a huge selection of security tools.
Take a look at our in-depth review of CyberGhost.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish has over 1,900 servers in more than 50 countries (including Thailand). With very high speeds, unlimited bandwidth, and no connection limits, it’s understandably a popular choice for streaming. That said, this service is just as comfortable helping you torrent anonymously or bypass country-wide censorship as it is unblocking Thai TV channels from abroad.
This VPN may offer lightweight apps, but it somehow manages to pack them full of top-notch security features like 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and OpenVPN traffic scrambling. There’s also DNS and IPv6 leak protection, plus the ability to block local connections outright. IPVanish does not keep any logs at all. If you’re having issues, you can reach customer support, day or night, over live chat.
IPVanish offers desktop (Windows, MacOS) and mobile (iOS, Android) apps. You can manually configure it for use with Linux systems or supported wireless routers.
- Consistently high speeds
- Connect as many devices as you like
- Strong security and privacy focus
- Doesn’t work in China
HIGHLY VERSATILE VPN:IPVanish is a fast, lightweight VPN that puts your privacy first. As such, it’s an excellent choice for watching TV from Thailand or just browsing anonymously. This zero-logs provider has no connection limit and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on annual plans.
Find out more in our full review of IPVanish.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has fewer servers to choose from (roughly 250 in 63 countries) but to its credit, it’s far faster than many others in this list. Plus it boasts fantastic unblocking capabilities, making it highly suitable for streaming live TV from abroad. Up to 10 simultaneous connections are permitted, meaning users can secure all of their favorite devices at once. With live chat available for 22 hours each day, help is never too far away.
This is one of the strongest providers around from a security perspective. Your data is kept hidden from snoopers using 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection against IPv6 and DNS leaks. Additionally, there’s a stealth mode that lets you get around especially strict geo-blocking. Most importantly, PrivateVPN doesn’t keep any logs whatsoever. It actually hosts its own servers and acts as its own ISP, ensuring no third-party ever has access to your traffic.
PrivateVPN provides easy-to-use apps for Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS devices. Linux systems and routers are supported via manual configuration.
- Extremely fast connections
- Among the best at unblocking region-locked services abroad
- No-logs VPN with plenty of security features
- Fairly small network
- Live chat goes offline for two hours per day
FAST, ZERO-LOGS SERVICE:PrivateVPN is fast enough that you shouldn’t have any problems, even when streaming 4K video. Further, it works with stubborn platforms like ThaiPBS and Channel 7. It comes with plenty of security features and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For more details, check out our complete PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Editor’s Note: Hotspot Shield is owned by Pango, Comparitech’s parent company.
Hotspot Shield gives its users plenty of choice, with over 1,800 servers in Thailand and 80+ other countries. With fast, reliable speeds and no bandwidth limits, this VPN is ideal for torrenting or browsing. It’s great for streaming too, and even works with notoriously tricky platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. 10 devices can be connected simultaneously per account.
This VPN’s security features include 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch. It offers split tunneling functionality and an automatic connection setting that’s especially useful if you’re traveling and reliant on public Wi-Fi networks. Hotspot Shield doesn’t keep any identifiable data beyond the duration of your session. Users can get help 24/7 via live chat.
Hotspot Shield has apps for MacOS, iOS, Linux, Windows, and Android. If you’d prefer, it can be manually installed on supported routers.
- Very fast speeds for streaming HD content
- Ideal for watching Thai TV abroad
- Good range of security settings
- Doesn’t accept cryptocurrency payments
- Some past privacy concerns
SPEEDY AND SECURE:Hotspot Shield offers access to high-speed servers all over the world and works with even the most stubborn streaming services. It’s security-conscious too, so you can rest assured that your activities will remain private. A 45-day money-back guarantee is included.
Interested? Why not read the full Hotspot Shield review?
Methodology: Finding the best VPNs for streaming Thai TV
Not every VPN has what it takes to access popular Thai platforms. In fact, many fail to even provide adequate security features! In our experience, the best VPNs are usually the most versatile, so our team of experts decided to only recommend services meeting all of the criteria below:
- Thai servers: Without these, you can’t watch Thai TV. However, we also consider other supported locations and server distribution, since these impact the kind of content you’ll be able to access, as well as connection latency.
- First-class performance: We regularly perform intensive speed tests to make sure that only the fastest VPNs make the cut. Our approach accounts for consistency too, so you won’t end up with a VPN that’s only fast sometimes.
- Streaming ability: Our priority is to find the best VPNs for Thai channels, but we also test them against platforms like Disney Plus, Peacock, and BBC iPlayer. If they work with these, it’s very unlikely they’ll be blocked by smaller Thai platforms.
- Privacy features: For the highest level of security, VPNs must offer uncrackable encryption, a kill switch, leak protection, and no-logs policies. We’d prefer to see even more advanced tools like tracker-blocking and stealth modes, though.
- User-friendly apps: Providers must have apps for all popular platforms, as well as an intuitive design. Anything that makes the service easier to use (such as 24/7 live chat or unlimited connections) is a huge bonus.
- Fair pricing: We’ll never recommend a service that charges more than it’s worth. Wherever possible, we’ll let you know about long-term discounts, money-back guarantees, and free trials as well.
Wanto learn more? Our VPN testing methodology post explains exactly how we put services through their paces.
Streaming TV from Thailand: FAQs
Will I get into trouble for watching Thai TV abroad using a VPN?
Disclaimer: Although we’ve spent hours researching this topic, we are not legal experts. As such, nothing we’ve said above should be taken as legal advice. We encourage you to consult local laws or perhaps even seek a professional’s opinion if there’s any doubt as to the legality of your online activities.
Can I watch Thai TV online with a free VPN?
It’s technically possible to stream Thai TV with a free VPN but this isn’t something we’d recommend. For starters, these services usually only have a handful of servers, and these are quickly overwhelmed, leading to slow speeds across the entire network. Live streaming is fairly data-intensive, so you’ll likely experience long loading times and choppy, stuttering video. Of course, this assumes your VPN can unblock Thai TV channels, which is far from guaranteed.
The main objective of a VPN is to improve your online security. However, many free VPN apps fail to encrypt your traffic, meaning they’re effectively useless from a privacy standpoint. Additionally, cybercriminals have been known to disguise malware as free VPN apps, which often make it onto major app stores undetected. In other words, using a free VPN is extremely risky. To keep yourself safe while watching Thai TV, it’s best to use a reputable no-logs VPN instead.
Why might I need a Thai IP address?
VPNs are good for more than just unblocking streaming services. In fact, one of the big reasons people use them is so that they can stay safe while browsing on public networks. These are convenient, especially if you’re in a foreign country, but are rarely as secure as they should be. In fact, a skilled attacker could steal your credentials in minutes. If you’re connected to a VPN, though, your data will be encrypted and as such, unreadable.
Let’s say you want to log in to your Bank of Thailand, Kasikorn, or SCB online banking service from abroad. The problem is that these services usually have fraud prevention systems that will lock your account automatically if you try logging in from a foreign country. However, if you use a VPN to get a Thai IP address first, this becomes far less likely.
What Thai TV channels can I watch with a VPN?
A VPN can access online content from around the world, letting you stream Thai TV channels such as PPTV HD 36, ThaiPBS, MCOT, Thairath TV, 1 Family Channel, 5 Star Family, Nation TV, and Channel 3. Better still, many Thai channels are free-to-watch!
In addition, you can also access international channels like Netflix, Hulu, and Prime Video, allowing you to enjoy your favorite content no matter where you you connect from.