Looking to watch Germany v. Sweden in Germany, Sweden, UK, Canada, USA, Australia, or anywhere in the world? This guide will help you watch the Germany v. Sweden Group F match at the Fisht Olympic Stadium in Sochi,  as well as all other 2018 World Cup games. Germany v. Sweden kicks off on June 23, 2018, at 2:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM GMT+1.

How to watch Germany v Sweden live online

The 2018 World Cup is well underway, with some already surprising finishes. Russia’s 5-0 upset against Saudi Arabia helped solidify that Russia is indeed the host country this year. Meanwhile, most other fixtures have thus far been fully representative of the sweaty, close matches we expect from an intense competition between the world’s greatest football players.

Now, however, you may be looking to watch Germany and Sweden goes head-to-head. You have options to view the match online, many of which are free. Regardless of your physical location, you can connect in and view every second of the game. Here are your top free live streaming options World Cup matches online.

Can you watch Germany v. Sweden live online abroad?

Are you a Germany or Sweden fan who’s traveling abroad during the World Cup? You’re in luck! You can get commentary in your own language from all of the streaming sources given below through official and legal channels. However, the live online broadcasters in both countries geographically lock content to those inside their home countries. If you want to watch the games while traveling, you will need to bypass those content restrictions through a virtual private network, or VPN.

The best option we’ve tested for this is ExpressVPN. The service easily bypasses content restrictions, multiple servers in both countries, and works fast. You’ll be able to watch the match in high quality and without interruption.

expressvpn world cup

The sign-up process is quick and easy. Simply choose your subscription package (1 month, 6 months, or 12 months), and pay for the plan. ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, which will cover most of the World Cup schedule. If you would like to keep the service afterward, you can, but you can easily cancel if you find the service isn’t to your preference without any penalty.

TRY IT RISK-FREE: Save 49% and get an extra three months free by choosing ExpressVPN’s annual plan.

Where to stream Germany v. Sweden online in 2018: Free and paid

Germany and Sweden are both in Group F for this year’s preliminary matches. Group F games consist of Germany, Sweden, Mexico, and South Korea.

Each of these countries has separate streaming rights that were sold to different broadcast companies in each country. For Germany and Sweden, the primary rights holders are all public broadcasting companies. That means you can watch streams in each country for free.

Meanwhile, almost every country in the world has at least one broadcaster showing streams live. In many cases, those streams are free and accessible to anyone, so long as you’re bypassing geographic content restrictions. That said, some streams are available free without the need for a VPN, although the highest quality streams are typically delivered through subscription-based services, or are regionally locked.

All of the following options can be accessed either nationally or through a VPN:

  1. UK: ITV (free, account required)
  2. US: Fox Sports (subscription based via various cord-cutting streaming services)
  3. Canada: TSN, CTV, RDS (subscriptions required)
  4. Australia: SBS The World Game, Optus Sport (subscription required)
  5. Argentina: Public TV (free), TyC (account required)
  6. Switzerland: SRF (free, with German commentary), RTS (free, French commentary), RSI (free, Italian commentary)

How to watch World Cup matches in Germany

germany-flag

If you’re in or traveling to Germany, your primary streaming sources will be ZDF or ARD. Both broadcasters will be showing streams on their websites free and live. Sky Sports also has a contract to stream live matches in Germany, and subscribers will be able to view games through that service in 4K. Sky Sports is €29.99 a month, however, so if you’re going this route you will have to pay for the subscription. However, you can buy daily and weekly passes from Sky Sports, so you can watch just the Germany vs. Sweden matchup if that’s all you want to see.

All commentary from these sources will be delivered in German.

Fun fact: Germany has won the world cup 3 times, twice as West Germany while the country was still split following World War II, and only once as Germany.

How to World Cup matches in Sweden

Sweden flag

For those living in Sweden or traveling abroad from the country, there are several great options available with commentary in Sweden. The primary rights holders in Sweden are the broadcasters SVT and TV4.  Between the two, you can watch at least 48 of the 64 World Cup matches this year, although SVT is going to be your go-to option to get the games for free. TV4 can be viewed live online, but you will need a subscription to the C More streaming service. C More will also allow you to watch SVT’s online broadcast. The C More subscription service costs 109 kr per month.

Both SVT and TV4 will have all commentary in Swedish.

Fun fact: Sweden has not made it to the World Cup final match since 1958.

Disclaimer:

Comparitech does not condone or encourage any copyright violation, including streaming video from pirated sources. Although VPNs can skirt geographical restrictions and mask the user’s identity, please consider the local laws, victims, and risks of piracy before downloading or streaming copyrighted material without permission.

How to bet on Germany v. Sweden in the 2018 World Cup

If online sports betting is legal in your country, you’re in luck! You can cast bets on the Germany v. Sweden game before it happens, and hopefully, win a good amount of money in the process. If you’re traveling from a country where sports betting is legal but currently in one where it’s not legal, you will probably find that your connection is blocked.

Many sports betting sites, such as Betfair or Bet365, impose geographic content blocks that prevent users from countries like the United States (where sports betting online is illegal) from accessing the site. Most online betting sites can be accessed through a VPN, although you may need to take additional steps if you don’t already have an account setup while outside of your home country where betting is legal.

What are the odds in the Germany v. Sweden match?

We won’t give you any advice on who to bet on, but here’s some current information to help you better understand what this game might look like.

To date, Germany has 4 World Cup titles under their belt. The country is also the most recent victor, with 1-0 World Cup final win against Argentina in 2014. Germany has been to the World Cup final match 8 times. Considering there have only been 20 World Cup matches since the event first started in 1930, that means the country has been to the final match 40% of the time

Nevertheless, Germany has hobbled out of the gate this year. It’s already wracked up several loses and a draw, with only a close win against low-seeded Saudi Arabia and a surprising loss against Mexico.

Meanwhile, Sweden has never won a World Cup final match, and in fact, has only made it to the final once—back in 1958. That means Sweden has not set foot on the field during a World Cup final in 60 years.

Historically, Sweden has a poor chance of making a win against Germany. And thus far, the team has failed to win any of its matches during the 2018 World Cup.  According to data from the website Oddschecker, the most popular bets at present (over 36.28%) are split evenly between a German victory and a draw between the two teams. At this time of writing, there are 2/5 odds of a German victory (that equates to a 71% chance of Germany winning). Odds for a draw are extremely low, at 55/13 (19%) with a Swedish victory having the worst odds at 17/2, or a 10% chance of occurring).

gemrany v sweden world cup 2018 oddschecker

These odds vary by betting site, however, and are an aggregate score from Oddschecker. They’re also subject to change before the match begins, although most betting sites have a cutoff for accepting or changing bets before the match begins.

It’s clear based on current trends that most people believe Germany will take the win, but the chance of a draw is currently promising the highest payout if it does occur.