It’s time for The Voice UK to return for its tenth season. From January 2, fans will be able to watch as Olly, Tom, Will.i.am, and Anne-Marie continue searching for the UK’s best unsigned singers. Below, we’ll not only tell you which channel this show is on, but we’ll also explain how to watch The Voice from abroad for free.
It’s important to note that we’ll only be recommending official sources for watching The Voice. Given this show’s popularity, unlicensed streams are almost inevitable, but we strongly advise against using them. The video is often of very low quality, plus these streams can be taken down at any moment for copyright violation. Besides, you can watch The Voice season 10 for free, which means there’s no reason to use unreliable, unauthorized streams.
The Voice season ten will only be shown on geo-restricted streaming services. This means that if you’re traveling abroad and there’s no official broadcaster in your country, you’ll need a VPN to watch on your usual home streaming services.
How to watch The Voice UK online abroad for free
Region-locked platforms find the user’s location by examining their IP address. However, once connected to a VPN, all these services can see is the location of the server you’re using. This makes it easy to poof your location and access your usual services while abroad on vacation. The process is actually quite simple, too; just follow the steps below to watch The Voice from abroad.
Here’s how to watch The Voice UK online (free) from anywhere:
- First, sign up for a reputable VPN service.We recommend NordVPN but Surfshark and ExpressVPN are both high-quality alternatives.
- Next, download and install the VPN app. Note that there are often several versions to choose from, so be sure to get the right one for your device.
- Decide which streaming service you’d like to use, then connect to a server in the appropriate country. You’d use a British VPN server to unblock ITV, for example, or a US one to watch NBC abroad.
- Create a free ITV Hub account. During registration, you’ll be asked to enter a UK postcode but this isn’t verified and as such, any valid British postcode will work.
- Finally, play a video on your chosen site. If everything has worked, it’ll play immediately with no errors. If it doesn’t, try clearing your browser’s cookies and refreshing the page.
New episodes of The Voice air live each week. To ensure you don’t miss the beginning of an episode, we recommend making sure your VPN works as expected in advance. Most major VPNs offer 24/7 support over live chat and email.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for The Voice with no restrictions for a month—great if you want to binge a season or make sure you don't miss an episode while abroad.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
How to watch The Voice for free on UK TV
As ever, The Voice will be broadcast exclusively on ITV. The good news is that this means you can watch every episode free of charge on ITV Hub. If you have other plans in the evenings, you can also stream season nine on-demand shortly after each episode airs.
British law says that you need a TV license to watch anything online at the same time that it’s on TV. You should note, though, that while ITV Hub asks the user to confirm that they have a license, there’s no verification in place. Additionally, you do not need a license to watch The Voice UK on-demand.
ITV Hub is region-locked, meaning you’ll have to either be in the UK or connected to a British VPN server to use it. Still searching for the right VPN? NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can use it to stream The Voice UK risk-free. If you’re unsatisfied, just cancel during this period to receive a full refund.
Can I watch The Voice UK 2021 from abroad?
The British version of The Voice will only be shown in the UK, so you’ll need to use a VPN to watch from abroad. However, there are several regional spinoffs of this show, many of which have a new season this year. Take a look below to find out how to watch your country’s version of The Voice online:
- Canada: La Voix airs on free-to-watch channel TVA every year
- Australia: Stream The Voice Australia for free on 9Now
- USA: Watch The Voice USA on-demand for free on NBC. Alternatively, watch live by signing in with a Hulu, fuboTV, AT&T TV Now, YouTube TV, or Sling TV account.
How does The Voice work?
The Voice’s unique selling point is that contestants aren’t judged on their appearances. The show’s judges sit facing away from the stage, and if they’re impressed by someone’s singing, they press a button that turns their chair around. If more than one judge does this, the contestant can choose who they’d prefer to be mentored by.
From here on out, it’s basically a knockout contest. In the first two rounds, acts compete head-to-head, with the judges ultimately deciding who stays. However, in the final live rounds, the audience, the public, and the judges all have a say. The winner gets a recording contract with Polydor Music.
Who are the judges on this season of The Voice UK?
There’s one change this year: Meghan Trainor won’t be returning as she’s expecting a child. Instead, the acts will be judged by Olly Murs, Anne-Marie, will.i.am, and Tom Jones. Emma Willis will once again be hosting.