Trying to watch AT&T TV Now outside the US? Unfortunately, AT&T TV Now is region-locked and only available in the US. However, a VPN can help you watch AT&T TV Now from anywhere in the world, be it Canada, the UK, or Australia.
Short for “Virtual Private Network”, VPNs encrypt your device’s internet traffic and route it to servers in another location. In this case, you’ll want to choose a server in the US to watch AT&T TV Now abroad. In doing so, you’ll be provided with a US IP address, leading websites and online services to believe that you’re browsing from within the US.
How to watch AT&T TV Now outside the US with a VPN
Setting up a VPN is simple, even if you’ve never used one before. Follow this step-by-step guide to watch AT&T TV Now outside the US with a VPN.
Here’s how to watch AT&T TV Now online from anywhere using a VPN:
- Sign up for a VPN service with servers in the United States – we particularly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the appropriate VPN app for your device. All of the best VPNs offer apps for desktop and mobile.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies. This ensures that AT&T TV Now forgets your location and accepts the US IP address provided by the VPN.
- Open your VPN app or browser extension and connect to a server in the US to obtain a US IP address for unblocking AT&T TV Now.
- Sign in to AT&T TV Now and select your preferred content, which should now be unblocked.
If you’re having trouble watching AT&T TV Now outside the US, even when connected to a VPN, we have a few suggestions. First, be sure to clear your cookies each time you connect to a new server before trying AT&T TV Now again. Trying more than one server is another potential fix in case the IP address you’re using has been blacklisted. Last but not least, it may be worth contacting your VPN’s customer support for further help.
So how are you supposed to go about choosing a VPN to unblock AT&T TV Now abroad? We know that there are many VPNs to choose from. That’s why we’ve only selected VPNs that canprovide the following:
- Multiple servers across the US
- Fast and reliable data connections for streaming AT&T TV Now
- Secure with encryption and kill switch feature
- Strict no-logs policy to protect your privacy
- Easy-to-use apps for desktop and mobile
- Customer support available via live chat and email
Don’t have time to read the full article just yet? Here’s a quick summary list of the best VPNs for watching AT&T TV Now outside the USA.
Best VPNs for AT&T TV Now:
- ExpressVPN Our #1 choice for AT&T TV Now. High-speed VPN service for streaming services. Also unblocks Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Consistent data connections and an impressive selection of apps.
- NordVPN Best budget VPN for AT&T TV Now. Over 1,600 servers in the US. Unblocks AT&T TV Now, Netflix, and more. Use on up to 6 devices. Highly secure with a no-logs policy and specialty servers.
- CyberGhost Fast servers for streaming AT&T TV Now. Secure up to 7 devices simultaneously. Easy-to-use apps and safe with encryption and no-logs policy.
- IPVanish US-based VPN service with servers in 15 US cities for watching AT&T TV Now. Uses encryption to protect your data. Up to 10 simultaneous data connections.
- PrivateVPN Fast VPN service for watching AT&T TV Now as well as Netflix. Beginner-friendly apps, up to 6 simultaneous connections, and a high level of security.
- Surfshark Unlimited simultaneous connections. Unblocks AT&T TV Now, Netflix, and more. User-friendly service with 24/7 chat and strict no-logs policy.
- Hotspot Shield Servers in 27 US cities for watching AT&T TV Now abroad. Easy-to-use apps and 24/7 live chat support. Secures your device with encryption.
Best VPNs for watching AT&T TV Now outside the US
Here’s our list of the best VPNs to watch AT&T TV Now abroad (outside the US):
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for watching AT&T TV Now outside the US. This is thanks to its combination of speed and security. ExpressVPN has a vast network of over 3,000 servers in 94 countries, including the US. We’ve tested ExpressVPN’s servers extensively and found them to be perfect for streaming movies and TV shows in high definition. We’ve also found that the connection almost never drops. Indeed, ExpressVPN guarantees 99.9% uptime.
What makes ExpressVPN stand out from many of its rivals is its impressive array of apps. Aside from offering user-friendly apps for desktop and mobile, it also has MediaStreamer, a smart DNS proxy service that allows you to use the VPN with select smart TVs and games consoles. Another reason to choose ExpressVPN is its fast and efficient live chat support, which is available 24/7, allowing you to get help in a matter of seconds.
The best VPNs can unblock geo-restricted content such as AT&T TV Now while keeping you safe online. ExpressVPN is no exception. It secures your data with 256-bit AES encryption and provides DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection. ExpressVPN offers a kill switch, split tunneling, and a no-logs policy, so your privacy is in good hands. It’s even possible to sign up for the service anonymously by using a throwaway email address and paying in Bitcoin.
ExpressVPN has apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and routers. Browser extensions are available for Chrome and Firefox.
- Fast servers for consistent streaming of AT&T TV Now
- Servers in 94 countries for unblocking content worldwide
- Important security features such as encryption and no-logs policy
- Great selection of easy-to-use apps and browser extensions
- Excellent customer service with 24/7 support via live chat
- Anonymous signup and payment
- Quite expensive compared to other popular VPNs
BEST VPN FOR DIRECTV:ExpressVPN is our top choice. Offering speed and security, it’s perfect for streaming AT&T TV Now. Over 3,000 servers in 94 countries. Wide range of user-friendly apps, 24/7 support and excellent security with encryption. The 30-day money-back guarantee means you can try it risk-free.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is another great choice if you want a VPN to unblock AT&T TV Now outside the US. The reason for this is that NordVPN has around 1,600 servers in the United States. Indeed, it has one of the largest networks of servers of any VPN with more than 5,000 in 60 countries. This means you’ll be able to unblock all sorts of geo-restricted content including Netflix and BBC iPlayer. Better still, NordVPN offers great value, letting you connect up to 6 supported devices simultaneously.
Having tested out the NordVPN apps for ourselves, we can say that this service is great for beginners. We particularly like that NordVPN offers specialty servers for even stronger security. There are servers designed for accessing Tor over VPN, getting a dedicated IP address, and browsing from countries with strict censorship. NordVPN uses 256-bit AES encryption, provides protection from DNS leaks, and has a kill switch feature. What’s more, this service has a strict zero-logs policy.
NordVPN apps are available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Android TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also offered. Manual setup is required for routers.
- 1,600 US servers for unblocking AT&T TV Now
- Also unblocks Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer
- Strong security with the option of specialty servers
- Connect up to 6 devices simultaneously
- User-friendly apps and browser extensions for beginners
- Not the fastest server speed
BEST BUDGET OPTION:NordVPN has over 1,600 servers in the US and more than 5,000 worldwide. Unblocks AT&T TV Now, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and more. Features 24/7 support and allows up to 6 connections. Protects your privacy with encryption and no-logs policy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost has a vast network of over 6,000 servers, over 1,000 of which are in the US. When you combine this with the high data speeds offered, CyberGhost is an excellent VPN for watching AT&T TV Now abroad. We’ve tested CyberGhost with a wide range of content and found it offers high-quality performance with little to no downtime. It’s worth mentioning that you can secure up to seven supported devices with CyberGhost, which is more than most VPNs allow.
You’ll find that CyberGhost offers a variety of user-friendly apps. These are easy to navigate and therefore well-suited to those using a VPN for the first time. The CyberGhost apps include several features such as an ad-blocker and malware-scanner. CyberGhost offers a high level of security with 256-bit AES encryption and DNS and IP leak protection. An automatic kill switch ensures your internet traffic is cut in the event of the VPN connection dropping. Last but not least, there’s a strict no-logs policy.
CyberGhost offers apps for Windows, Android, Mac, Linux, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, and Android TV. There are also browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox. Routers require manual configuration.
- More than 1,000 servers in the US for watching AT&T TV Now
- Fast and reliable service for browsing and streaming
- Strict no-logs policy keeps your personal information private
- Secure up to 7 devices simultaneously
- User-friendly apps with plenty of easy-to-activate features
- Doesn’t work reliably in China or the UAE
GOOD VALUE PROVIDER:CyberGhost has fast and reliable connections for streaming AT&T TV Now abroad. It has apps that are easy to use and allows up to 7 simultaneous connections. Security features include a kill switch and no-logs policy. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish is a US-based VPN service that is able to unblock AT&T TV Now abroad. It offers just over 1,300 servers, approximately half of which are in the United States. The US-based servers of IPVanish are spread across some 15 US cities including Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York. IPVanish states that it offers unlimited access and this is apparent in the fast speeds you’ll experience when browsing and streaming. This VPN is known to be particularly easy to use with Kodi and Amazon Fire Stick / Fire TV.
Best of all, IPVanish allows you to connect up to 10 compatible devices simultaneously (most VPNs allow 3-6). Its apps are simple enough to use though live chat support is offered should you need it. IPVanish ticks all of the boxes when it comes to security, protecting your data with 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, a kill switch, and zero-logs policy.
IPVanish provides apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV. Manual setup is needed in the case of Linux and routers.
- US-based VPN service with lots of servers in the US
- Works with AT&T TV Now as well as Netflix US
- Easy to use with Kodi and Amazon Fire Stick/Fire TV
- Secures data with encryption and protects privacy with no-logs policy
- Allows up to 10 simultaneous connections
- No option to pay in Bitcoin/cryptocurrency
- Doesn’t offer any browser extensions
SERVERS IN 15 US CITIES:IPVanish has plenty of servers in the US in cities such as Los Angeles and New York. Unlimited bandwidth makes it easy to watch AT&T TV Now. Allows up to 10 connections via a single account. Keeps you safe online with encryption and kill switch. 7-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN is a smaller VPN service with around 100 servers. However, this service offers very high speeds, and allows you to connect to 10 different US cities including Las Vegas and New York. PrivateVPN is one of the better VPNs when it comes to unblocking geo-restricted content. In fact, it not only lets you watch AT&T TV Now outside the US, but it’s also able to unblock major platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
You can use this service to protect up to six compatible devices simultaneously via a single account. Offering easy-to-use apps for desktop and mobile, this VPN is very accessible. PrivateVPN offers security in the form of 256-bit AES encryption, IPv6 leak protection, Stealth mode (for using the service in places where VPNs are usually blocked), and a kill switch. This VPN service is headquartered in Sweden and states that it operates a zero data-logging policy.
PrivateVPN offers apps for desktop (Windows and Mac) and mobile (Android and iOS). Manual setup is necessary for Linux and routers.
- High-speed servers for streaming AT&T TV Now content
- Also unblocks Netflix and Amazon Prime Video and others
- Connect up to 6 devices via a single account
- Apps and very easy for beginners to use
- Relatively small network of servers
- Doesn’t offer any browser extensions
HIGH SPEED STREAMING:PrivateVPN is fast and unblocks AT&T TV Now as well as Netflix. Its apps are easy to use and it allows you to connect up to 6 supported devices. Includes all of the essential security features including encryption, kill switch, and no-logs policy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark has servers in 24 US cities which is far more than most VPNs. This makes it easy to find a fast, reliable server for streaming AT&T TV Now from anywhere in the world. Indeed, this VPN also unblocks the likes of Netflix, Disney+, and HBO, among other popular streaming services. However, one of the standout features of Surfshark is that it lets you connect an unlimited number of compatible devices simultaneously which is perfect for sharing with family.
If you’re new to using a VPN, you’ll appreciate Surfshark’s beginner-friendly apps and browser extensions. There are plenty of interesting features available including Double VPN servers for improved privacy and an ad and malware blocker. Surfshark uses 256-bit AES encryption to safeguard your data while there’s also a kill switch and protection from DNS leaks. This is a no-logs VPN service that allows you to pay in cryptocurrency to protect your anonymity.
You can use Surfshark to watch AT&T TV Now via the apps for Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV. You can also download Chrome and Firefox browser extensions. Manual configuration is required for Linux and routers.
- Servers in 24 US cities — far more than most VPNs
- Unblocks AT&T TV Now, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and more
- Unlimited simultaneous connections per account
- Very strong security package with encryption and no-logs policy
- Smaller network of servers
- Occasionally slow speeds
UNLIMITED CONNECTIONS:Surfshark lets you secure as many devices as you want simultaneously. It has servers across 24 US cities and unblocks AT&T TV Now and Netflix. Very easy-to-use apps and 24/7 live chat support. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Hotspot Shield has a network of more than 3,000 servers. Just as impressive, it has servers in 27 US cities including Los Angeles and New York. Needless to say, there’s no shortage of options when it comes to finding a server to stream AT&T TV Now abroad. You can also use this VPN to unblock Netflix. It offers very good speeds for streaming services without buffering and lag. It’s possible to secure up to five devices simultaneously via a single Hotspot Shield account.
While this VPN is beginner-friendly, it includes 24/7 live chat support which makes it easy to troubleshoot any potential problems. Security-wise, Hotspot Shield protects your privacy through its use of 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and features such as a kill switch. It’s also worth knowing that it doesn’t keep any logs by which you can be identified such as IP addresses.
- Offers servers across 27 US cities for unblocking AT&T TV Now
- Fast, consistent speeds for browsing and streaming video
- Provides 24/7 live chat support
- Security includes encryption and a kill switch
- Some past privacy concerns
- Doesn’t offer support for Linux
SERVERS IN 27 US CITIES:Hotspot Shield unblocks AT&T TV Now and has lots of high speed servers in the US. Also works with Netflix. Includes 24/7 live chat support and uses encryption to keep your data secure. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Can I use a free VPN to watch AT&T TV Now outside the US?
Due to the strict geographic restrictions in place, most free VPNs simply won’t work with AT&T TV Now. Besides, we don’t recommend the use of a free VPN for many reasons. In particular, free VPNs are very slow. Combine too few servers with too many users and the result is limited bandwidth and a lot of buffering and lag! Needless to say, this makes streaming AT&T TV Now a frustrating experience.
It’s not just performance issues that plague free VPNs. When it comes to security, free VPNs are rarely up to the standard required. In many cases, this means that your data is not secured with a high level of encryption. It may also be that your VPN lacks important security features such as a kill switch. Additionally, some free VPNs knowingly breach your privacy by keeping logs and selling this data to third parties.
Why am I getting an AT&T Now location error?
One problem some users have when trying to watch AT&T TV Now abroad is that they’re asked to enable location data on their device. The problem is that this can override the VPN connection, providing your true location and blocking the content as a result. In this case, you may see a message that looks like this:
“We couldn’t figure out your location, which is required for streaming this program. Please try again.”
If this is happening to you, you may be out of luck. To bypass such restrictions, you’d need to find a way to spoof your location such as with a GPS spoofing app. It may simply be better to find a service without such strict geo-restrictions. If you do go ahead, exercise caution as GPS spoofing can have a negative impact on other apps.
Can I use a smart DNS proxy to watch AT&T TV Now abroad?
Yes, some smart DNS proxy services will unblock AT&T TV Now, however VPNs are often more reliable. A smart DNS proxy monitors DNS requests sent from your device and sends the browser traffic for that request to an appropriate server (in this case a server in the US). One of the advantages of a smart DNS proxy is that it can be used on a wider range of devices than a VPN.
For example, AT&T TV Now is available on devices such as Apple TV and Samsung Smart TV. Most VPNs don’t support such devices, which is where a smart DNS proxy stands out. On the other hand, setting up a smart DNS proxy can be more complicated. We recommend ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer, a smart DNS proxy service that lets you unblock geo-restricted content without encrypting your online traffic, minimizing speed loss.
What can I watch on AT&T TV Now?
AT&T TV Now offers a wide range of live and on-demand content from traditional cable channels. Some of the available broadcast channels include:
AT&T Now FAQ
⭐What's the difference between AT&T TV and AT&T TV now?
AT&T TV is a cable-like service that comes with a set-top box. It requires you to commit to a two-year contract while there's also a one-time activation fee. In contrast, AT&T TV Now is a contract-free streaming service. Available month-to-month, AT&T TV Now is cancellable anytime and isn't tied to any physical hardware.
⭐Is AT&T TV and DirecTV Now the same?
Yes, AT&T TV Now is essentially the rebranded version of DirecTV Now. The move was announced in July 2019 as AT&T looked to streamline its services under its own brand. Aside from needing to accept the new terms of service, there was no change for DirecTV subscribers.
⭐Is it legal to connect to AT&T TV via a VPN?
It is not illegal to use a VPN to connect to AT&T TV. However, AT&T TV is only available in the United States while its content is region-locked for copyright and licensing reasons. As such, connecting to AT&T via a VPN from abroad (outside the US) may be against its terms of service.
- 1 How to watch AT&T TV Now outside the US with a VPN
- 2 Best VPNs for watching AT&T TV Now outside the US
- 3 1. ExpressVPN
- 4 2. NordVPN
- 5 3. CyberGhost
- 6 4. IPVanish
- 7 5. PrivateVPN
- 8 6. Surfshark
- 9 7. Hotspot Shield
- 10 Can I use a free VPN to watch AT&T TV Now outside the US?
- 11 Why am I getting an AT&T Now location error?
- 12 Can I use a smart DNS proxy to watch AT&T TV Now abroad?
- 13 What can I watch on AT&T TV Now?
- 14 AT&T Now FAQ
- 15 What's the difference between AT&T TV and AT&T TV now?
- 16 Is AT&T TV and DirecTV Now the same?
- 17 Is it legal to connect to AT&T TV via a VPN?