Have you been trying to access Fox Sports Go (Now renamed Bally Sports) while traveling abroad? Because of this platform’s region-locking, many people assume it’s impossible if they are abroad and away from home. However, in this post, we’ll show how you can use a VPN to stream Fox Sports Go online wherever you are in the world.
Streaming platforms are generally only allowed to show their content in a few select regions. Usually, they’ll check if a user’s IP address seems to come from a supported area, otherwise, they’ll block access. However, by connecting to a VPN, you can spoof your IP address and access your home subscriptions while traveling. So a US server could unblock Fox Sports Go.
This post goes into good detail on each of the VPNs we chose for Fox Sports Go. If you’re short on time, here is a summary of our best VPNs for Fox Sports Go (Now renamed Bally Sports):
- NordVPN The best VPN for watching Fox Sports Go from abroad. Great budget provider offers fast servers for good streaming speeds. Security and privacy are solid. Includes a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark Great budget provider offering fast speeds for Fox Sports as well as solid security, and the ability to secure all of your devices at once.
- ExpressVPN Vast array of fast servers tuned for high-quality streaming sports streaming experience. Impressive set of security and privacy features.
- CyberGhost Good value and beginner-friendly service that is easy to set up. Unblocks Fox Sports Go and other popular streaming services while abroad.
- IPVanish A popular choice for Kodi device users. Good streaming speeds, privacy setting, and security features.
- PrivateVPN New provider gaining popularity due to its ability to unblock many popular streaming sites including Fox Sports Go.
How to watch Fox Sports Go with a VPN
Setting up a VPN might sound difficult, but it’s actually very simple. Just follow our step-by-step guide below.
Here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go with a VPN:
- Choose a VPN from the list above and sign up. We particularly recommend NordVPN.
- Download the appropriate app for your device’s operating system.
- Connect to one of your VPN’s US servers to get a US IP address.
- Sign into Fox Sports Go and play a video.
- If you are encountering issues try clearing your cache and cookies then reloading the page.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Fox Sports Go with no restrictions for a month—great if you want to support your favorite team while traveling abroad.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
The Best VPNs for Fox Sports Go
To help find the top VPNs for watching Fox Sports Go, we looked for services which met the following criteria:
- Extensive selection of US-based servers
- Speeds fast enough for streaming live HD video
- Capable of unblocking Fox Sports Go and similar services
- Strong encryption and security features
- No logging of personally identifiable information (ideally no logging at all)
Here is our list of the best VPNs for Fox Sports Go:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our top pick. It offers more choice than most of its rivals, with over 1,900 servers in the US alone. It’s one of the best for streaming and can unblock Fox Sports Go, ESPN, and securely access Netflix without any issues. Best of all, many of NordVPN’s servers are optimized for HD streaming, so you can experience your content in the highest possible quality, without any interruptions.
This provider has a wealth of security options to take advantage of. There’s 256-bit encryption and a kill switch, as well as automatic malware monitoring and ad-blocking features. You can even combine this service with Tor or a second VPN if you’d like. NordVPN doesn’t log any activity or session data. It accepts Bitcoin payments, so is ideal for users who value their privacy above all else.
This service has apps for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, and iOS devices. Some routers are supported but require manual configuration.
- Over 1,900 servers in the US can unblock just about anything
- One of the fastest VPNs on the market
- Supports torrenting
- Strong encryption and no logs make for top security and privacy
- Support staff are helpful and knowledgeable
- Apps for Windows, MacOS, iOS, Linux and Android
- Unable to select which server you want to connect to, only the server location
BEST VPN FOR FOX SPORTS GO:NordVPN is our first choice. Highly secure option which works reliably with Fox Sports Go and most popular streaming services. Connects up to 6 devices simultaneously. Includes a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is our first choice for budget-conscious users.It has over 3,200 servers in 65 countries including the US. As such, it’s a great choice for unblocking not just Fox Sports, but also major platforms like Hulu. Further, this service allows an unlimited number of connections and is very reasonably priced, making it an even more attractive option.
User traffic is secured with DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection, 256-bit encryption, and a kill switch. There’s also built-in ad-blocking and a NoBorders mode that lets you get around especially strict geo-blocking. Surfshark doesn’t keep any logs, so your privacy is all but guaranteed. You can reach support staff 24/7 via live chat or email.
Surfshark provides iOS, MacOS, Windows, Android, Linux, and MacOS apps. It can be manually installed on select network routers.
- Allows any number of simultaneous connections
- Great range of security features
- Impressive unblocking ability
- Keeps no logs
- Accepts three cryptocurrencies for anonymous payments
- Support could be improved
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark is affordable, security-conscious, and fast enough for flawless streaming. What’s more, it lets you connect all of your devices simultaneously. This low-cost VPN even offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read the full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN enables you to watch Fox Sports Go live and even provides access to games with state-specific restrictions. There’s no noticeable lag or buffering, even when watching in high-definition. Plus, with five simultaneous connections permitted, you can protect all of your most commonly used devices with a single account.
This service protects your network traffic using 256-bit encryption, DNS leak protection, and perfect forward secrecy. It includes a kill switch that stops all transmission should your connection drop, and logs no personally identifiable information so your activities can’t be traced back to you. Support is available 24/7 via live chat or email.
ExpressVPN offers dedicated apps for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, and iOS systems. It can also be manually installed on select wireless routers.
- Server speeds are great for HD streaming and fast downloads
- Great for unblocking Fox Sports Go and similar services
- High-end security features with good privacy protection
- Keeps no traffic logs of personal data
- 24/7 customer support
- Slightly more expensive than its rivals
- Streaming servers aren’t labeled
STREAM SPORTS ANYWHERE:ExpressVPN makes it easy to watch Fox online. Exceptional speeds for buffer-free HD viewing along with total security and privacy. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of ExpressVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost is a high-speed VPN with more than 7,000 servers in 91 countries around the world. What’s more, some of these are specially designed to unblock streaming platforms, so you won’t have to rely on trial and error when trying to watch the game. Users can connect up to seven devices at once.
This VPN strikes a balance between ease of use and customizability. Novices can be protected without any effort thanks to the 256-bit encryption, kill switch, automatic malware-detection, and ad-blocking features. Experienced users will appreciate the HTTPS redirection and protection against data leaks (IPv6, DNS, and port forwarding). CyberGhost has a no-logs policy, so you can stream safely without worrying about third parties acquiring details of your activities.
CyberGhost has Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, and MacOS apps. With manual configuration, it can be installed on some network routers.
- Over 1,100 servers in the US get around most geo-restrictions.
- No issues unblocking Fox Sports Go from all our test locations
- Low-cost option with beginner-friendly apps
- Kill switch on all apps and keeps no logs
- Few advanced options available
FAST SPEEDS:CyberGhost is easy to use. A well priced solid performer. Good at unblocking Fox Sports Go but can struggle with other streaming sites. Comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish is a popular choice for streaming thanks to its high-speed connections and extensive server network. It has 1,000+ servers in the US, so you’ll be able to watch Fox Sports Go without any buffering or lag. It’s not just for sports, either; IPVanish can unblock a range of other services including Hulu, NBC, and Showtime. There’s no connection limit, either, making this a high-value option for families.
This service keeps your activities private with IPv6 and DNS leak protection, as well as 256-bit encryption. There are a few extra security features for more advanced users, including a kill switch, local traffic blocking and OpenVPN traffic obfuscation. Best of all, IPVanish has a no-logs policy which ensures your activities can’t be traced back to you.
This VPN comes with apps for Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV devices. It can be manually installed on supported routers, as well as Linux-based devices such as the Raspberry Pi.
- With 1,000+ US servers it’s easy to get a high-speed connection
- No issues accessing Fox Sports Go
- Keep no logs on user activities and have solid security settings
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Apps don’t work in China
- Customer support can be slow to respond
SECURE ALL YOUR DEVICES:IPVanish has a large network of servers. Generally solid for Fox Sports Go users, and folks who need the highest standard of privacy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN only has 11 servers in the US, but it provides faster speeds than many of its rivals. It’s a strong choice for streaming thanks to its excellent unblocking capabilities; you’ll be able to watch not only Fox Sports Go, but also Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video, to name just a few services.
This VPN keeps you safe using a combination of its 256-bit encryption, a no-logs policy, a kill switch, and protection against both IPv6 and DNS leaks. You can connect up to six devices at the same time, making it a strong choice for those looking to secure an entire household. Finally, live chat is available 24/7, with staff able to remotely install or configure the software for you.
PrivateVPN offers apps for Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, and Android. It can be manually installed on supported internet routers.
- Operates servers out of several major US cities
- Works fine with Fox Sports Go
- Strong security and privacy features and decent speeds
- Doesn’t have 24/7 live chat
- Smaller number of servers to choose from
GREAT SPEEDS:PrivateVPN is a good family choice. Unblocks Fox Sports Go and allows up to 6 devices on the same account. Small network of servers but fast connections. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Methodology: Testing VPNs for Streaming Fox Sports Go
It’s difficult enough finding a VPN that can handle streaming. Needless to say, not just any provider will do. We considered which aspects of a VPN are most important for this kind of task, and will lay out our reasoning below:
- Servers in the US: Bally Sports is only available in the US, so without American servers, you won’t be able to access it. We prefer VPNs with lots of servers to choose from, since this increases the likelihood of you finding one with lower load.
- Speeds: Slow speeds can lead to lag, extended periods of buffering, or videos that fail to load. You can technically stream live content with as little as a 2 Mbps connection, but we’d rather you get the fastest speeds possible. That’s why we perform regular VPN speed tests, and only recommend those that rank highly.
- Streaming potential: Obviously, the VPNs we recommend have to work with Bally Sports. However, we also test them with platforms like ESPN+, Disney+, and HBO Max in order to see just how effective they are at accessing geo-blocked services.
- Security and privacy: It’s not enough to be able to stream; you have to be able to do so safely. That’s why our top VPNs include 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, IPv6 and DNS leak protection, and a no-logging policy at a bare minimum. That said, we tend to prioritize those that go above and beyond on security.
- Value: We compare VPNs to similarly-priced competitors to see if they’re really charging a fair price. If not, they simply don’t get our seal of approval. We also consider things like deals, long-term discounts, and money-back guarantees to ensure that you always get the best deal.
- Ease of use: We’re big fans of anything that makes a service easier to use. This might be multi-platform support, a lack of a connection limit, or simply having live chat available 24/7.
You should note that this is far from the only testing we perform. We’ve actually put together a detailed guide to our VPN testing methods in case you’d like to learn more.
VPN for Fox Sports FAQs
Can I watch Fox Sports Go with a free VPN?
You might be tempted to use a free VPN to watch Fox Sports Go from abroad, but we strongly advise against it. When it comes to your security, you really do get what you pay for. Further, free VPNs often don’t have the resources to accommodate all of their users. This leads to choppy video, long loading times, and possibly even data caps or queuing systems. Even when you do forge a connection, with copyright holders cracking down on VPN usage, there’s a strong possibility that a free VPN simply won’t work to unblock your desired content.
Like any business, free VPNs exist to make money. They can do this in numerous ways, from inserting ads into the sites you visit, to logging more of your information than they technically need to. This can then be used to build a consumer profile, which may be sold to third parties without your knowledge.
You shouldn’t be punished for trying to use the internet safely, yet we’ve seen an influx of shady free VPNs do just that to their customers. A recent study showed that 38% of tested free Android VPNs contained malware. To keep yourself and your personal information secure, we recommend finding a reputable VPN provider with a history of protecting its customers’ privacy.
Can I sign up for Fox Sports Go from outside the US?
While Fox Sports Go allows you to sign in using various social media credentials, you still have to enter your cable provider’s login details before you can watch anything. In fact, you can’t even add anything to your favorites list without verification, making this method of signing in all but useless outside of the US.
To Fox’s credit, the list of supported cable providers is extensive. That said, they’re all US-based and you can’t sign up for most of them from another country. There is limited support for over-the-top packages like Sling TV and DirecTV but both of these services require a payment method that’s registered in America, so they’re not much help for foreign viewers.
Unless you have an American friend willing to share their login details with you, there’s no reliable way to register for Fox Sports Go from abroad. That said, if you already have an American cable subscription and just want to watch while on vacation, a VPN will allow you to do so.
What can I watch on Fox Sports Go?
In addition to showing every game of the FIFA World Cup and the entire US Open golf tournament, Fox Sports Go covers a whole host of other sporting content. Below, we’ve listed some of the leagues you can expect to see covered on Fox Sports Go.
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- National Football League
- English Premier League
- National Hockey League
- National Basketball Association
- Major League Baseball
Should I use a VPN with the FOX Sports GO Kodi addon?
It’s a good idea to connect to a VPN whenever you use Kodi. After all, without access to source code and a solid understanding of computer programming, it’s extremely difficult to tell what an addon is actually doing in the background. Using a VPN simply prevents any rogue developers from intercepting your traffic (which may well include Fox Sports login details). As an added bonus, your VPN can help you use the Fox Sports Go add-on while traveling outside of the US.
How can I stop my ISP from throttling Fox Sports Go?
Despite many of us paying for unlimited bandwidth, ISPs continue to throttle the speeds of users who stream or torrent regularly. While at first, it might seem like there’s nothing you can do about this, the solution is actually quite simple: just connect to a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
These tools encrypt your data, preventing your ISP from telling what exactly you’re doing online. Without any evidence that you’re actually streaming, it becomes much harder to justify limiting your speeds -- just make sure to connect to a server that’s as close to your real location as possible to avoid introducing extra latency into the equation.
Is it illegal to use a VPN with Fox Sports Go?