You can’t usually access Mexico’s TV channels and streaming services if you’re in another country. This is because they’re region-locked, most commonly because of licensing and broadcast rights restrictions. Unfortunately, this means that if you go abroad, you won’t be able to use many of the services you pay for like Blim TV, Netflix Mexico, and DirecTV Go.
On the plus side, this kind of geo-blocking is fairly simple to bypass. Generally, streaming platforms check your IP address to see which country you’re in. If you’re connected to a VPN though, they can only see the IP address and location of your chosen server. In other words, by connecting to a Mexican VPN server, you can unblock and watch Mexican TV from abroad. Better still, VPNs encrypt your traffic, hiding your activities from anyone who might be watching.
Here are the best VPNs for streaming Mexican TV abroad. Don’t worry, though: we’ll be taking a closer look at each a little later:
Best VPNs for Mexican TV:
- ExpressVPN: Our top choice for watching Mexican TV online. A fast service with unlimited bandwidth, excellent unblocking ability, and a wide range of security and privacy tools.
- NordVPN: The best low-cost VPN for Mexican TV. Unblocks some of the most popular services from outside of Mexico, keeps no logs at all, and has a strong security focus.
- CyberGhost: A simple, streamlined VPN that’s ideal for novice users. With high-speed servers and strong unblocking potential, this VPN makes it easy to watch Mexican TV abroad.
- IPVanish: This provider offers speedy connections, advanced security and privacy features, and the ability to unblock Canal Once, Nu9ve, and Foro TV from outside Mexico.
- PrivateVPN: Boasting some of the fastest speeds we’ve seen, this VPN all but guarantees lag-free streaming. It also has an impressive security offering and great unblocking ability.
- VyprVPN: This speedy VPN lets you stream plenty of Mexican content abroad and keeps you safe thanks to its solid selection of security features and strict no-logs policy.
- Hotspot Shield: A very fast VPN that’s perfect for streaming. Also boasts unlimited bandwidth, great unblocking capabilities, and a strong focus on user security.
How to watch Mexican TV channels abroad with a VPN
VPNs are much simpler to use than you might think. Below is a quick guide to streaming TV from Mexico while traveling abroad.
Here’s how to watch Mexican TV shows online from anywhere:
- First of all, you’ll have to choose a VPN. We recommend using ExpressVPN.
- Once you’ve signed up, download and install the app onto any device you’d like to stream on (most services allow around five simultaneous connections).
- Connect to any of your VPN’s Mexican servers. This will replace your real IP address with a Mexican IP address and make it seem like you’re actually browsing the internet from Mexico.
- Finally, visit your preferred streaming service and try watching something. You should find that your video plays immediately, without any errors. If you’re having difficulty, you can fix most issues by clearing your cookies, reloading the page, or trying a different server.
STREAM FOR FREE: Only need a VPN for a short time? If so, why not take advantage of ExpressVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee? This will allow you to watch Mexican TV risk-free, regardless of where you are in the world. If you’re unimpressed, simply cancel to get your money back.
Which Mexican channels can I access with a VPN?
For the most part, once connected to a VPN, you should be able to access all of your usual services without any issues. Take a look below for a list of some of the Mexican streaming platforms you can unblock with a VPN:
- Las Estrellas
- Blim TV
- Azteca Uno
- Canal 5
- ADN 40
- DirecTV Go
How to choose the best VPN for Mexican TV
If you’ve tried comparing VPNs before, you probably already know how overwhelming it can be. The good news is that as long as you choose a versatile service rather than one that excels at one specific thing, you can’t go too far wrong. To guarantee that all of our recommended VPNs can handle anything you throw at them, we only considered those meeting the criteria below:
- Has servers in Mexico that are fast enough for uninterrupted live streaming
- Unblocks some of the most popular Mexican streaming services from abroad
- Keeps your activities private with powerful encryption and cutting-edge security features
- Doesn’t log any information that could identify you
- Provides apps for all major operating systems
The best VPNs for watching Mexican TV channels abroad
Read on to find out more about each of the best VPNs for live streaming Mexican TV shows:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN has a network of 3,000+ servers spread across 94 countries, including Mexico. With unlimited bandwidth, a five connection limit, and the ability to unblock services like Azteca Uno, this VPN lets you live stream Mexican TV from anywhere. What’s more, with consistently high speeds, you shouldn’t notice any lag or buffering.
Of course, the main aim of a VPN is to enhance your security. ExpressVPN does this using 256-bit encryption, protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks, and a kill switch that stops sending data the moment your connection drops. Privacy-conscious users will be glad to know that this service doesn’t log any identifiable data and lets you pay anonymously with Bitcoin. If you run into any problems, you can contact support 24/7 over email and live chat.
ExpressVPN provides apps for MacOS, Android, Windows, iOS, and Linux, as well as custom firmware for supported routers.
- Easily unblocks Mexican TV channels abroad
- Fast enough to play HD video without buffering
- Comprehensive security and privacy features
- Lets users sign up anonymously by paying in Bitcoin
- Slightly higher price than some others on this list
BEST VPN FOR MEXICAN TV:ExpressVPN is our top choice. ExpressVPN boasts high speeds, a wide range of security features, and the ability to unblock plenty of Mexican channels abroad. What’s more, it comes with a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
Check out the full ExpressVPN review for more information.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN offers access to more than a dozen Mexican servers, plus 5,700 more in another 58 countries. This service is known for its unblocking ability; it lets you use all kinds of services from Canal 5 to Netflix US. Additionally, with high speeds and unlimited bandwidth, you can watch in the highest possible quality without worrying about waiting for videos to buffer.
One of the best things about this service is its incredible security offering. There’s 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks. You also get automatic ad-blocking, malware-scanning, and privacy-focused obfuscated servers. What’s more, NordVPN follows a strict no-logs policy, ensuring your activities cannot be traced back to you. Customer support is on-hand 24/7 over email and live chat.
NordVPN apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. Select internet routers are supported via manual configuration.
- More than 10 fast servers in Mexico
- Unblocks all but the most stubborn services
- Has a strong security focus
- No-logs policy
- Desktop app takes some getting used to
BEST BUDGET OPTION:NordVPN offers first-class security and speeds at a very affordable price. Further, with solid speeds and strong unblocking ability, it’s ideal for anyone looking to stream Mexican TV abroad. A 30-day money-back guarantee is included.
Interested? Why not read our complete NordVPN review?
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost has the largest network of any major provider, with 6,400+ servers covering 90 countries and over 20 in Mexico alone. This service prides itself on its ease of use: with one-click unblocking for several major streaming platforms, consistently high speeds, and a high connection limit, it’s ideal for those looking for a service that just works.
This VPN includes a variety of powerful security features, all of which are enabled automatically. 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch ensure your traffic is kept private at all times, plus there’s automatic ad-blocking and malware-scanning for even greater protection. CyberGhost doesn’t log any personally identifiable information so it couldn’t reveal details of your activities even if asked to. Although this is a very user-friendly VPN, it offers around-the-clock support via live chat and email.
CyberGhost apps are very easy to use and available for MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux. Alternatively, you can manually install it on select home routers.
- Reliable, high-speed servers
- Strong unblocking capabilities
- All security features enabled by default
- Doesn’t offer much control over advanced features
FAST AND USER-FRIENDLY:CyberGhost offers plenty of Mexican servers and can easily unblock all kinds of geo-restricted services. Better still, it offers a 45-day money-back guarantee and a wide range of pre-configured security and privacy features.
Take a look at our in-depth CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish has a network of over 1,400 servers in 60 countries (Mexico included). Its speeds are fast enough for lag-free live streaming, and while it might struggle with some larger services, IPVanish has no problems whatsoever unblocking platforms like Nueve and Canal Once from outside Mexico. This VPN has a far higher connection limit than most of its rivals, too, allowing users to secure up to 10 devices at once.
Don’t be fooled: this lightweight service comes packed with powerful security features. To start with, there’s a kill switch, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and 256-bit encryption. Users can also choose to block local connections outright or to scramble their OpenVPN traffic (which helps hide the fact that you’re using a VPN in the first place). IPVanish doesn’t keep any logs at all, so rest assured, your privacy is in good hands. Should you have any problems, support is available 24/7 over live chat and email.
IPVanish offers iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows apps. It works with Linux systems and certain home routers.
- High-speed Mexican servers
- Allow 10 simultaneous connections per account
- Strict no-logs policy plus plenty of advanced security features
- Can’t unblock as many streaming platforms as some others on this list
SECURITY-FIRST VPN:IPVanish offers strong unblocking ability IPVanish unblocks some of the most popular Mexican streaming services but it also offers a strong selection of security features. This fast, no-logs VPN even includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
We cover this service in more detail in our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has fewer servers than some others on this list, but it’s still an excellent choice for streaming. This is because it’s far faster than most other VPNs and easily unblocks all kinds of services including Canal 5, Netflix US, and Amazon Prime Video. Further, this service allows you to secure up to six devices simultaneously.
This VPN offers a strong selection of security features including 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks. That’s not all though; it also allows you to let certain apps bypass the VPN entirely and the built-in stealth mode makes it trivially simple to get around even the strictest VPN-blocking measures. PrivateVPN is a zero-logs provider which helps ensure that your activities cannot be traced back to you. Should you need help, you can ask questions over live chat or email.
PrivateVPN offers Android, MacOS, iOS, Windows, and Linux apps. If you’d prefer to protect all of your devices simultaneously, you can manually install it on select internet routers.
- Extremely fast connections
- Capable of unblocking several Mexican streaming services
- Strong focus on security and privacy
- Live chat support not 24/7
- Small but growing network of servers
STREAM SAFELY ANYWHERE:PrivateVPN offers very high speeds, exceptional unblocking ability, and plenty of advanced security features. It doesn’t keep any logs at all, offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and easily unblocks Mexican TV from abroad.
Read our complete review of PrivateVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
VyprVPN provides solid speeds and has around 700 servers spread across 70+ countries, making it an excellent choice for anyone who streams regularly. It’s capable of unblocking major platforms like Azteca Uno, Canal 5, and Netflix US without any issues. Further, as this VPN offers unlimited bandwidth, you should be able to watch free from any noticeable lag.
This service uses 256-bit AES encryption to prevent your activities from being read. It also comes with a kill switch, protection against DNS leaks, and the ability to connect automatically any time you use a public wifi network. VyprVPN even offers its own protocol, named Chameleon, for users who want even greater privacy. This VPN does not keep any logs and as such, cannot divulge details of your activities to anyone. Live chat-based support is available 24/7 just in case of any issues.
VyprVPN apps can be installed on Android, Windows, MacOS, and iOS devices. It’s also possible to manually configure this service for Linux systems and supported network routers.
- Fast enough for live HD video
- Unblocks most popular geo-blocked sites
- Excellent security and privacy features
- Doesn’t support any anonymous payment options
- No IPv6 or WebRTC leak protection
NO LOGGING WHATSOEVER:VyprVPN is a zero-logs provider that puts your privacy first and comes packed with powerful security features. Its high-speed servers make it easy to unblock Mexican streaming services from abroad. All plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Find out more in the full VyprVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Hotspot Shield offers roughly 3,200 servers in 80 countries, Mexico included. Its speeds are more than fast enough for HD live streaming, plus it’s capable of unblocking major services like Netflix US and Amazon Prime Video, making it perfect for anyone who wants to watch Spanish movies online. This VPN lets you connect up to five of your devices simultaneously.
This service takes your security very seriously and it shows. Your data is kept hidden from snoopers using protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks as well as 256-bit encryption, and a kill switch. It also boasts automatic wifi protection and the option to let specific websites through the VPN. Additionally, Hotspot Shield does not keep any personally identifiable data after your session ends. Need help? Support staff are available, day and night, over live chat and email.
Hotspot Shield has simple yet versatile apps for iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows. Further, it can be manually installed on Linux systems and supported wireless routers.
- Strong speeds and unblocking ability
- Good range of security settings
- Very easy to use
- Some past privacy concerns
- Only accepts PayPal
IDEAL FOR STREAMING:Hotspot Shield provides consistently high speeds, great unblocking ability, and unlimited bandwidth. It has a solid security offering too, so you can watch Mexican TV from abroad without compromising on privacy. A 45-day money-back guarantee is included.
Take a look at our comprehensive Hotspot Shield review.
Can a free VPN help me watch Mexican TV abroad?
Free VPNs like to imply that they’re just as good as paid services but in reality, they have several major shortcomings that make them highly impractical for streaming. First of all, there’s usually a very limited selection of servers, so a Mexican server may not be available. Secondly, free VPNs are often blacklisted by major streaming services, so you still may not be able to watch. Finally, free VPNs tend to be extremely slow, leading to choppy playback and frequent buffering.
The whole point of a VPN is to keep your activities private. However, when you use a free service, there’s no telling who can see what you get up to online or what they’re doing with this information. Further, even finding a safe service can be a challenge thanks to low security standards and the influx of malware posing as free VPNs.
To stay safe online, we recommend using a well-established VPN with a strong track record on privacy and a strict no-logging policy.
What else can I use a VPN for?
Depending on where you are in the world, you may not be able to access gambling, dating, or social media sites. However, the good news is that streaming services aren’t the only thing you can unblock with a VPN; just connect to a server in your home country and you should be able to use your favorite services from anywhere in the world. Additionally, this will encrypt your traffic, meaning you can’t be monitored by the internet service provider, hotspot owner, or government.
Sometimes, if you try accessing your online banking service from abroad, you’ll find yourself locked out. These automated systems are helpful but they often can’t tell the difference between a foreign hacker and a user who’s abroad on vacation. That said, by connecting to a VPN, you reduce the odds of your bank (for example, HSBC México or Santander México) realizing you’re away from home, making it less likely that your account access will be limited.
See also: 7 Best Mexico VPNs
- 1 How to watch Mexican TV channels abroad with a VPN
- 2 Which Mexican channels can I access with a VPN?
- 3 How to choose the best VPN for Mexican TV
- 4 The best VPNs for watching Mexican TV channels abroad
- 5 1. ExpressVPN
- 6 2. NordVPN
- 7 3. CyberGhost
- 8 4. IPVanish
- 9 5. PrivateVPN
- 10 6. VyprVPN
- 11 7. Hotspot Shield
- 12 Can a free VPN help me watch Mexican TV abroad?
- 13 What else can I use a VPN for?