If you’ve tried to access Mexican TV channels outside Mexico like Estrella TV, Fox Sports Mexico, or even Netflix Mexico, then you’ve probably found that they are blocked. This is because most region-specific content and channels are locked to people not living in that region.
Your IP address gives away where in the world you are accessing the internet from, and if it’s not within a valid geo-location sites will block your access. This is what is happening when you’re trying to access these sites from outside Mexico
All is not lost though. With a VPN you can change your IP address and trick sites into thinking you are located anywhere in the world, including Mexico. All you need to do is sign up and install a VPN client, select a server in the country of your choosing and you’re away!
In this guide will provide more information on using a VPN to watch Mexican TV online and the best VPNs for the job.
A summary of the best VPNs for watching Mexican TV abroad
- NordVPN: Our top VPN for watching Mexican TV online. Offers impressive download speeds, lots of advanced security features, and a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
TIP In our testing we found that the cheapest NordVPN plan (Standard) works perfectly for Mexican TV.
- Surfshark: A low-cost VPN for watching Mexican TV abroad. Works with most major streaming services, has one of the largest networks around, and allows any number of simultaneous connections.
- ExpressVPN: A premium VPN for streaming Mexican TV. This well-established provider has strong speeds, a wide selection of security features, and reliable Mexican servers.
- CyberGhost: An easy-to-use VPN for Mexican TV streaming. A simple, streamlined VPN that’s ideal for novice users. With exceptional speeds and strong unblocking potential, this VPN makes it easy to stream Mexican TV channels abroad.
- IPVanish: The VPN to pick to stream Mexican TV on all devices. A beginner-friendly VPN with no simultaneous connection limit. Boasts first-class security, superfast servers, and a strict no-logs policy.
- PrivateVPN: A great VPN for unblocking Mexican streaming sites. An excellent choice for streaming Mexican channels on vacation. Strong focus on security and a high connection limit..
- Hotspot Shield: High-speed servers and a solid security offering make this VPN ideal for using Mexican streaming platforms abroad.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Mexican TV with no restrictions for a month—great if you’re planning a short trip abroad and don’t want to miss new episodes of your favorite shows.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
How to watch Mexican TV channels abroad with a VPN
Here’s how to watch Mexican TV channels online from anywhere:
- Choose a VPN with servers in Mexico. We recommend using NordVPN.
- Sign up and install the app. You can install the app onto any device you’d like to stream on (most services allow around five simultaneous connections).
- Connect to any of your VPN’s Mexican servers. This will replace your real IP address with a Mexican IP address and make it seem like you’re actually browsing the internet from Mexico.
- Visit your preferred streaming service and start watching.
Please note: You should find that your video plays immediately without any errors. In our experience, most issues can be resolved by clearing your cookies, reloading the page, or trying a different server.
If you’re still unable to watch Mexican content, try contacting your VPN’s customer service team.
A comparison of the best VPNs for watching Mexican TV
We’ve compared the most important features for the top VPNs here. Prefer to read the in-depth reviews? Start with NordVPN – our #1 choice for watching Mexican TV abroad.
|Ranking for watching Mexican TV:
|Other Streaming Services
|Avg Speed (Mbps)
|Best deal (per month)
SAVE 67% on a 2 yr plan + gifts
Save 79% + Get 2 Months FREE
SAVE: 49% + 3 months free
SAVE 83% on the 2 year plan
SAVE 75% on the 2 yr plan
Save 85% on a one year plan + 24-months free
How we picked the best VPNs to stream Mexican TV
With the amount of choice available on the VPN market, comparing each service isn’t easy. That’s why we have done it for you, to make sure you get a robust and versatile VPN for all use cases.
To guarantee that all of our recommended VPNs can handle anything you throw at them, we only considered those meeting the criteria below:
- Has servers in Mexico that are fast enough for live streaming HD video
- Can help you securely access Mexican TV content abroad
- Keeps your activities private with powerful encryption and cutting-edge security features
- Doesn’t log any information that could identify you
- Is available for all major operating systems, with wireless router support
This is just an overview, but you can read more about how we test the VPNs we recommend further on in this article. For now, let’s take a closer look at the VPNs that made our list.
The Best VPNs to Watch Mexican TV Abroad: In-Depth Analysis
Here are the best VPNs for live-streaming Mexican TV shows:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our first choice for streaming Mexican TV abroad. It has dozens of superfast servers in Mexico and more than 5,000 in another 60 or so countries. Better still, it works with just about any platform you can think of, from Azteca to Sling TV. Customer support is available around-the-clock over live chat, and one account lets you secure up to six devices simultaneously.
One of the best things about this service is its incredible security offering. There’s 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection. You also get automatic ad-blocking, malware-scanning, and privacy-focused obfuscated servers. What’s more, NordVPN follows a strict no-logs policy, ensuring your activities cannot be traced back to you. There’s even a new Meshnet feature that can securely connect your devices on different networks.
NordVPN apps are available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. Select internet routers are supported via manual configuration.
- Strong speeds and unlimited bandwidth
- Can access just about any major streaming service
- Strong focus on security
- No-logs policy
- 24/7 customer service
- Stores advertising IDs on mobile
BEST VPN FOR MEXICAN TV:NordVPN is our #1 pick. It offers first-class security, exceptional speeds, and is an excellent choice for streaming Mexican TV abroad. Try it risk-free thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Interested? Why not read our complete NordVPN review?
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is the best budget VPN for watching Mexican channels. It offers more than 3,200 servers in 100 countries including Mexico and works with a wide selection of streaming platforms. Not only that, but it delivers exceptional speeds and is one of the few providers without a connection limit. Support staff are on-hand 24/7 over live chat and we’ve always found them to be helpful and quick to reply.
This service provides first-class security, with 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and DNS and IPv6 leak protection. It’s also capable of blocking ads, malware, and trackers automatically, and switching your IP address regularly. Surfshark has a strict no-logs policy and has had its privacy claims verified by multiple independent audits.
Surfshark apps are available for Linux, Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. The VPN can be manually configured with some routers.
- Large network of servers
- Great selection of security features
- Never logs user data
- No connection limit
- 24/7 customer support
- Some advanced tools require a Surfshark One subscription
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark is an excellent low-cost alternative. It boasts strong security, a broad server network, and a no-logs policy. Plus, it works with all kinds of streaming sites. Plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN has a network of servers spread across 94 countries, including Mexico. It can comfortably unblock a whole host of Mexican and American streaming services, beats strict online censorship, and allows P2P file-sharing, so it’s an excellent choice for just about any day-to-day task. What’s more, thanks to this VPN’s strong speeds, you’re unlikely to notice any significant drop in performance.
This service provides first-class security with none of the stress. 256-bit encryption, leak protection, and a kill switch are all enabled by default, and its Threat Protection feature works to block malicious websites and trackers in the background. ExpressVPN can even beat strict online censorship in places like China so streaming Mexican TV channels isn’t a problem. There’s a strict no-logs policy in place, and this has been repeatedly confirmed by third-party auditors.
ExpressVPN provides apps for macOS, Android, Windows, iOS, and Linux, as well as custom firmware for supported routers.
- Easily accesses Mexican TV content abroad
- Fast enough to play HD video without buffering
- Solid security offering
- Custom firmware makes it easier to install on a router
- 24/7 customer support
- Slightly higher price than some others on this list
FAST AND SECURE:ExpressVPN boasts high speeds, a strong focus on security, and the ability to unblock plenty of Mexican content. What’s more, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out the full ExpressVPN review for more information.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost has the largest network of any major provider, with 9,000+ servers covering 90+ countries and around 50 in Mexico alone. This service prides itself on its ease of use: with one-click unblocking for several major streaming platforms, consistently high speeds, and a high connection limit, it’s ideal for those looking for a service that just works.
This VPN includes a variety of powerful security features, all of which are enabled automatically. 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch ensure your traffic is kept private at all times, plus there’s automatic ad-blocking and malware-scanning for even greater protection. If you’d like a little more control, you can create smart rules that tell the VPN to connect itself when on certain networks. CyberGhost doesn’t log any personally identifiable information, so it couldn’t reveal details of your activities even if asked to. Although this is a very user-friendly VPN, it offers around-the-clock support via live chat and email.
CyberGhost apps are very easy to use and available for macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux. Alternatively, you can manually install it on select home routers.
- Makes it easy to watch Mexican channels abroad
- Wide range of security tools
- Superfast servers in 90 countries
- 24/7 customer service
- Doesn’t work reliably in China or the UAE
FAST AND USER-FRIENDLY:CyberGhost offers exceptional speeds and can easily unblock all kinds of Mexican TV content. Better still, it offers a 45-day money-back guarantee and a wide range of pre-configured security and privacy features.
Take a look at our in-depth CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish has a network of over 2,000 superfast servers in 60 countries (Mexico included). Its speeds are fast enough for lag-free live streaming, and while it might struggle with some larger services, IPVanish has no problems whatsoever unblocking platforms like Nueve and Canal Once from outside Mexico. Unlike most of its competitors, this VPN has no connection limit whatsoever!
This service has a solid security offering. To start with, there’s a kill switch, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and 256-bit encryption. Users can also choose to block local connections outright or to scramble their OpenVPN traffic (which helps hide the fact that you’re using a VPN in the first place). IPVanish doesn’t keep any logs at all, so rest assured, your privacy is in good hands. Should you have any problems, support is available over live chat and email.
IPVanish offers iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows apps. It works with Linux systems and certain home routers.
- High-speed Mexican servers
- No bandwidth or connection limits
- Strict no-logs policy plus plenty of advanced security features
- Works with a variety of Mexican TV channels and streaming services
- Struggles with some larger American streaming services
- Live chat customer service is not 24/7
SECURITY-FIRST VPN:IPVanish has great unblocking ability and high speeds, but it also offers a strong selection of security features. This fast, no-logs VPN even includes a 30-day money-back guarantee on annual plans.
We cover this service in more detail in our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has fewer servers than some others on this list, but it’s still an excellent choice for streaming Mexican TV channels. This is because it’s far faster than most other VPNs and easily accesses all kinds of services, including Canal 5, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. Further, this service allows you to secure up to 10 devices simultaneously.
This VPN offers a strong selection of security features, including 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks. That’s not all, though; it also allows you to let certain apps bypass the VPN entirely, and the built-in stealth mode makes it trivially simple to get around even the strictest VPN-blocking measures. PrivateVPN is a zero-logs provider which helps ensure that your activities cannot be traced back to you. Should you need help, you can ask questions over live chat or email.
PrivateVPN offers Android, macOS, iOS, Windows, and Linux apps. If you’d prefer to protect all of your devices simultaneously, you can manually install it on select internet routers.
- Extremely fast connections
- Capable of unblocking several Mexican streaming services
- Strong focus on security and privacy
- Live chat support is not 24/7
- Smaller network of servers than other providers
STREAM SAFELY ANYWHERE:PrivateVPN offers very high speeds, exceptional unblocking ability, and plenty of advanced security features. It doesn’t keep any logs at all, easily unblocks Mexican TV from abroad, and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our complete review of PrivateVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Editor’s Note: Hotspot Shield is owned by Pango, Comparitech’s parent company.
Hotspot Shield offers roughly 1,800 servers in 80 countries, Mexico included. Its speeds are more than fast enough for HD live streaming, plus it’s capable of securely accessing major services like Netflix US and Amazon Prime Video, making it perfect for anyone who wants to watch Spanish movies online. This VPN lets you connect up to 10 of your devices simultaneously.
This service takes your security very seriously, and it shows. Your data is kept hidden from snoopers using protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks, as well as 256-bit encryption and a kill switch. It also boasts automatic wifi protection and the option to let specific websites through the VPN. Additionally, Hotspot Shield does not keep any personally identifiable data after your session ends. Need help? Support staff are available, day and night, over live chat and email.
Hotspot Shield has simple yet versatile apps for Linux, iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows. Further, it can be manually installed on supported wireless routers.
- Strong speeds and streaming capability
- Good range of security settings
- Very easy to use
- Some past privacy concerns
- Only accepts cards or PayPal
IDEAL FOR STREAMING:Hotspot Shield provides consistently high speeds, real streaming ability, and unlimited bandwidth. It has solid security offerings too, so you can watch Mexican TV from abroad without compromising privacy. A 45-day money-back guarantee is included.
Take a look at our comprehensive Hotspot Shield review.
Our methodology: Choosing the best VPNs for Mexican TV
Not every VPN is suitable for streaming Mexican TV abroad. Luckily, we’ve thoroughly researched dozens of providers and only recommended the best of the best. Below, you’ll find a list of the features we used to thin out the competition and a quick explanation of why each is so important:
- Mexican servers: Without servers in Mexico, you simply can’t get a Mexican Ip address or access services like Las Estrellas abroad. The more, the better, since this helps ensure a more reliable experience during peak times like evenings and weekends.
- Versatility: Our team conducts hands-on testing against popular services like TV Azteca, Las Estrellas, Netflix, Disney+, and Max to see which are the most reliable for streaming.
- Speed: Live streaming is fairly data-intensive. As such, we decided to only recommend VPNs that posted impressive results in our latest speed testing. We also accounted for how consistency so you can count on getting high speeds every time.
- Security and privacy: It’s not enough to be able to stream; you also need to be secure! The top VPNs include a kill switch, leak protection, a no-logs policy, and 256-bit encryption. Some go even further and offer special servers or protocols for even greater privacy.
- User-friendliness: We’ve personally tested dozens of VPNs and only recommend those that are suitable for complete beginners. We particularly value those with unlimited connections, free 24/7 support, and apps for all major platforms.
- Price: Some providers try to charge more than their services are really worth. Our top VPNs are all fairly priced for what they offer, and we’ll always let you know about any deals, discounts, free trials, or money-back guarantees that are available.
This is just one small part of our testing procedure. To find out more, read our full VPN testing methodology post.
Can a free VPN help me watch Mexican TV abroad?
The idea of a free VPN to stream Mexican TV abroad may be tempting. But, the truth is a free VPN is next to useless when it comes to streaming. The reason for this is that free VPN server networks are often limited and as such are over-subscribed. This results in users getting slow speeds when connected which impacts their ability to stream HD video.
In addition to this, free VPN servers are often known to establish streaming sites. This means they are blocked when trying to gain access.
From a privacy perspective, free VPNs are also problematic. Our testing found that many free servers leak user information. And, some free VPN providers actively store user behavior data and sell it to third parties for revenue.
To stay safe online, we recommend using a well-established VPN with a strong track record on privacy and a strict no-logging policy.
If you really don’t want to part with your cash for a VPN, why not try a 30-day money-back guarantee? Admittedly, you will need to pay for the service upfront, but providing you cancel and request a refund within the first 30 days, most VPN providers will honor a full refund.
All of the VPNs we recommend in this guide offer a 30-day money-back guarantee (or more).
Streaming Mexican TV with a VPN: FAQs
Which Mexican channels can I access with a VPN?
For the most part, once connected to a VPN, you should be able to access all of your usual Spanish TV services without any issues. Take a look below for a list of some of the Mexican streaming platforms you can unblock with a VPN:
- Las Estrellas
- Blim TV
- Azteca Uno
- Canal 5
- ADN 40
- DirecTV Go
You can also use a VPN to access geo-restricted streaming platforms like US Netflix or Hulu while you are traveling abroad.
What else can I use a VPN for?
Depending on where you are in the world, you may not be able to access gambling, dating, or social media sites. The good news is that streaming services aren’t the only thing you can unblock with a VPN; just connect to a server in your home country, and you should be able to use your favorite services from anywhere in the world. Additionally, this will encrypt your traffic, meaning you can’t be monitored by the internet service provider, hotspot owner, or government.
Sometimes, if you try accessing your online banking service from abroad, you’ll find yourself locked out. These automated systems are helpful, but they often can’t tell the difference between a foreign hacker and a user who’s abroad on vacation. That said, by connecting to a VPN, you reduce the odds of your bank (for example, HSBC México or Santander México) realizing you’re away from home, making it less likely that your account access will be limited.
Are VPNs legal in Mexico?
Yes, VPNs are legal in Mexico. There are no laws explicitly prohibiting the use of VPNs in the country. However, it is important to note that activities which are illegal in Mexico, such as downloading copyrighted material, may still be unlawful when using a VPN. Be sure to check the local laws before engaging in any activity that may be illegal.
Disclaimer: Although we’ve spent hours researching this topic, we are not legal experts. As such, nothing we’ve said above should be taken as legal advice. We encourage you to consult local laws or perhaps even seek a professional’s opinion before attempting to use a VPN if you’re unsure about their legality.