Traveling abroad (outside Hungary) means you’ll no longer be able to access some content. The most common reason for this is that it’s region-locked, often for copyright reasons. For instance, you might find it difficult to stream Hungarian TV and may no longer be able to visit your usual news sites. Fortunately, there’s a solution. By connecting to a VPN, you can easily get a Hungarian IP address and bypass geo-blocking.
A VPN is a service that routes your internet traffic through an encrypted tunnel. Not only does this provide online security, it allows you to spoof your location and access content that would otherwise be unavailable in your country. That’s because connecting to a VPN server means you’re provided with a different IP address. For example, if you connect to a server in Hungary, you’ll receive a Hungarian IP address and be able to unblock Hungarian services.
How to get a Hungarian IP address using a VPN
The good news is that it shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to get a Hungarian IP address. Even if you run into trouble, all of the VPNs recommended within this post are user-friendly and offer customer support via live chat.
Here’s how to get an IP address for Hungary from anywhere:
- First, you’ll need to select and sign up with a VPN provider that offers servers in Hungary. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Next, download and install the appropriate app for the device you’re using to access online content outside Hungary.
- Open the VPN app and connect to a server in Hungary. You’ll then have a Hungarian IP address for accessing geo-blocked content abroad.
- Now you can navigate to a Hungarian website or service which should be unblocked.
- If the content is still blocked, try clearing your browser’s cookies. You could also connect to another server. Otherwise, get in touch with your VPN’s customer support.
TRY A PAID VPN FREE: Still not decided which VPN to use to get a Hungarian IP address? ExpressVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means you can try it out risk-free. If unsatisfied, simply request a full refund within the 30-day period for your money back.
Looking for a VPN for while you are living or traveling inside Hungary? Take a look at our dedicated article on the Best VPNs for Hungary.
Don’t have time to read the full reviews of the best VPNs for getting a Hungarian IP address? Below is a short summary of each to save you some time.
Best VPNs for getting a Hungary IP Address:
- ExpressVPN: The best VPN for a Hungarian IP address. Fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth. 3,000 servers in 94 countries. Highly secure with encryption. 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: Best value VPN. Over a dozen servers in Hungary. More than 5,000 worldwide. Unlimited bandwidth and 24/7 support. No-logs policy and Double VPN servers.
- Surfshark: Unlimited simultaneous connections. Reliable unblocking of content in Hungary and abroad. High level of security with a strict no-logs policy. 24/7 support.
- CyberGhost: Over 6,000 servers in 90 countries including two dozen in Hungary. High-speed servers for streaming. Secure with encryption and strict no-logs policy.
- IPVanish: Fast and reliable servers in Hungary. Unlimited simultaneous connections. Operates a zero-logs policy and secures internet traffic with high-end encryption.
- PrivateVPN: Servers in 60 countries including Hungary. Very fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth. Beginner-friendly apps and protects privacy with no-logs policy.
- Hotspot Shield: Unlimited bandwidth for streaming Hungarian TV. Use on up to five devices at once. Security includes encryption and a kill switch. 24/7 live chat support.
There’s no shortage of VPNs on the market, making it all the more difficult to find the best VPNs for getting a Hungarian IP address. With this in mind, we came up with a shortlist of key features that each VPN must possess in order to be selected:
- Fast and reliable servers in Hungary
- Secure with a high level of encryption
- No-logs policy that protects your privacy
- Includes live chat and email support
- Easy-to-use apps for desktop and mobile
- Money-back guarantee so you can try risk-free
Best VPNs for getting a Hungarian IP address
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for getting a Hungarian IP address:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN has servers in more countries than any other VPN on this list. Its network consists of some 3,000 servers in 94 countries. This includes servers in Hungary capable of getting you a Hungarian IP address from anywhere. Better still, it provides very fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth, which means you can browse and stream as much as you like. ExpressVPN unblocks Hungarian TV such as RTL Klub and international streaming services including Netflix.
First time VPN users will no doubt appreciate ExpressVPN’s excellent user-friendly apps and browser extensions. If you encounter any issues, knowledgable 24/7 live chat and email support is offered. There’s also a high level of security with 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection. ExpressVPN doesn’t keep any logs by which you can be identified. As such, you can use it to maintain online anonymity.
Secure up to five devices at once with ExpressVPN’s apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. Custom firmware is available for routers while there’s also browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox.
- Fast servers in Hungary for browsing and streaming abroad
- Network of over 3,000 servers in 94 countries worldwide
- Unblocks Hungarian TV channels including RTL Klub
- Secure service with encryption and kill switch feature
- Provides live chat and email support, available 24/7
- Doesn’t keep any logs by which you can be identified
- More expensive than the other VPNs listed
BEST VPN FOR A HUNGARIAN IP ADDRESS:ExpressVPN is our top recommendation. It has fast servers and unlimited bandwidth. Unblocks RTL Klub, Netflix, and more. Security includes encryption and a kill switch. 24/7 support via live chat. You can try ExpressVPN risk-free thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is a large and established VPN provider with approximately 5,000 servers in nearly 60 countries. When it comes to Hungary, there are well over a dozen servers available. With unlimited bandwidth, you shouldn’t come across issues such as lag and buffering while streaming. NordVPN is a reliable choice for unblocking content, be it RTL Klub, TV2, Netflix, or Amazon Prime Video. Further, with a single account, you can connect six devices simultaneously.
This is one of the more security-focused VPNs on the market, providing plenty of features that serve to protect your privacy. Notably, NordVPN operates a strict no-logs policy and secures your internet traffic with 256-bit AES encryption. There’s also protection from DNS and IPv6 leaks, and a kill switch. NordVPN’s Double VPN and Onion Over VPN servers provide an extra layer of security. Furthermore, its servers in Hungary are optimized for P2P.
Connect to a server in Hungary with NordVPN’s apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and Android TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available. To use NordVPN with routers, manual installation is needed.
- Over a dozen servers in Hungary for easy unblocking of content
- Unlimited bandwidth means you can stream lag and buffer-free
- Can be used to unblock RTL Klub, TV2, Netflix, and Amazon Prime
- Highly secure with strict no-logs policy and specialty servers
- Live chat support is available 24/7
- Suffered a data breach in 2018
BEST BUDGET VPN:NordVPN offers over 5,000 servers. Unlimited bandwidth for lag-free streaming of Hungarian TV as well as Netflix. Use on six devices at once. No-logs service with 24/7 support and Double VPN servers. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark offers a network of approximately 1,700 servers which are available in over 60 countries, Hungary included. It states that all of its servers are P2P-friendly, as evidenced by its offer of unlimited bandwidth with absolutely no throttling. This VPN has strong unblocking ability, working well with Netflix in particular. If you have a lot of devices, you’ll likely appreciate that Surfshark allows unlimited simultaneous connections per account.
With Surfshark, you have access to 24/7 support via live chat. There’s also a wide range of security features that help keep your activities private at all times. Aside from 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection, it offers a strict no-logs policy. The CleanWeb feature protects you from ads, trackers, and malware. Last but not least, with MultiHop servers, you can connect via multiple countries for twice the level of encryption.
Get a Hungarian IP address by using Surfshark’s apps for desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux) and mobile (Android and iOS). There’s also an app for Amazon Fire TV and browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox. Compatible routers can be configured manually.
- Servers in dozens of countries including Hungary
- Unblock Hungarian TV as well as the likes of Netflix
- Connect as many devices as you want simultaneously
- Very strong security with a no-logs policy and Double VPN servers
- Customer support is at hand 24/7 via live chat
- Fewer servers than the likes of ExpressVPN and CyberGhost
HIGHLY SECURE:Surfshark lets you connect as many devices as you want at once. Strong unblocking ability — works with RTL Klub, TV2, and Netflix. Offers 24/7 support and is highly secure with a strict no-logs policy and Double VPN servers. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost is well worth considering because of the sheer number of servers it offers. Overall, it has more than 6,000 servers in 90 countries. Some two dozen of these are located in Hungary, providing plenty of Hungarian IP addresses for you to use. Better still, you can expect high-speed connections and unlimited bandwidth, meaning there’s very little you won’t be able to do. CyberGhost works with Netflix US and can be used on seven devices at once.
If you’re looking for a VPN that provides a high level of security, CyberGhost certainly ticks that box. It has a strict no-logs policy which means data such as your browsing history and IP address are not collected or stored. Further security features include 256-bit AES encryption, an automatic kill switch, and DNS leak protection. While this is a very user-friendly VPN, you’ll have 24/7 access to live chat support if you need it.
You can unblock Hungarian websites and services by connecting to CyberGhost. Apps are available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV. Browser extensions are also offered for Chrome and Firefox. However, routers require manual setup.
- Huge network of 6,000 servers in 90 countries
- Very fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth for streaming
- Can be used to watch Hungarian TV such as RTL Klub abroad
- Secure up to seven devices at the same time
- Protects privacy with its strict no-logs policy and encryption
- Doesn’t work in China or the UAE
UNTHROTTLED BANDWIDTH:CyberGhost is very fast and has unlimited bandwidth for streaming Hungarian TV without lag or buffering. More than 6,000 servers in 90 countries. Strong privacy protection with encryption and no-logs policy. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish lets you connect as many devices as you want simultaneously. Needless to say, this makes it ideal for sharing with family. Offering fast, reliable servers and over 40,000 IP addresses from dozens of countries including Hungary, it’s a safe choice for browsing as well as streaming. This VPN service successfully unblocks Netflix US and can also be used to watch RTL Klub abroad.
When you connect to an IPVanish server, your internet traffic is secured with 256-bit AES encryption. Combined with its use of DNS leak protection and a kill switch, this prevents hackers and snoopers from stealing your data. There’s also a zero-logs policy so you don’t need to worry about your data being shared with anyone else. Support staff are at hand 24/7 over live chat, should you have any questions.
Choose IPVanish and you’ll be able to download its apps for the following platforms: Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. There’s also an app for Amazon Fire TV. Linux systems and compatible routers can be set up manually.
- Fast servers in Hungary for watching RTL Klub and TV2
- Over 40,000 IP addresses for unblocking content worldwide
- Connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously
- Offers 24/7 support via live chat
- Zero-logs policy and encryption so you can browse anonymously
- Headquartered in the United States — a Five Eyes member
- No browser extensions available
UNLIMITED DEVICES:IPVanish allows unlimited simultaneous connections. Fast, consistent connections. Servers in dozens of countries including Hungary. Offers anonymity thanks to its zero-logs policy and use of encryption. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has servers in Budapest, Hungary as part of its global network of servers in 60 countries. With servers also in the US, UK, Australia, and Japan, you can unblock all kinds of geo-restricted content including Netflix and BBC iPlayer. This VPN stands out for its very fast server speeds and unlimited bandwidth. The main advantage of this is you don’t have to deal with performance issues like buffering or lag when streaming.
This VPN makes it incredibly easy to get a Hungarian IP address and lets you connect to a server in seconds. You can reach PrivateVPN’s live chat support team 22 hours per day over live chat or email, and there’s also remote help and installation if required. When it comes to security, PrivateVPN takes your privacy seriously. This is evidenced by its no-logs policy and use of 256-bit AES encryption. You can also expect protection from DNS leaks as well as a kill switch.
PrivateVPN apps are available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux. While you can also use this VPN with select compatible routers, this requires following manual setup instructions.
- Very fast speeds for uninterrupted streaming and torrenting
- Strong unblocking ability — works with Netflix and BBC iPlayer
- Beginner-friendly desktop and mobile apps
- Keeps you safe online with a no-logs policy and encryption
- Only offers 150 servers in total
- Live chat support isn’t available 24/7
IDEAL FOR STREAMING:PrivateVPN has fast servers in Hungary and offers unlimited bandwidth. Unblocks the likes of Netflix and BBC iPlayer. Beginner-friendly apps and live chat support. Secures your data with high-end encryption. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Hotspot Shield operates a network consisting of over 3,000 servers. These servers are spread across an impressive 80 countries including Hungary. As a result, you can use this VPN to get a Hungarian IP address or even connect to a US server to unblock Amazon Prime Video or Hulu. Speeds are more than fast enough for streaming, plus there’s also unlimited bandwidth so you can stream and torrent without restriction.
With Hotspot Shield, you can connect up to five devices at once per account. This VPN provider offers fast and friendly 24/7 support which is available via a live chat feature. Hotspot Shield doesn’t keep any identifying logs of its users, allowing for online anonymity. You’re also safeguarded through its use of 256-bit AES encryption as well as DNS leak protection and a kill switch that cuts your internet traffic should the VPN connection drop.
To get an IP address for Hungary, connect to a Hotspot Shield app for Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS. You also have the option of downloading a Chrome browser extension. Manual setup is required for use with Linux and routers.
- 3,000 servers in 80 countries including Hungary
- Unblock RTL Klub, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7 support available via live chat
- Secures internet traffic with high-end encryption
- Questionable track record when it comes to privacy protection
- Doesn’t yet offer a browser extension for Firefox
SERVERS IN 80 COUNTRIES:Hotspot Shield has a large network of over 3,000 servers in 80 countries. Includes fast servers in Hungary. Unblocks Amazon Prime Video, RTL Klub, and TV2. Uses encryption and offers 24/7 live chat support. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Hotspot Shield review.
Getting a Hungarian IP address: FAQs
⭐Why might I need an IP address for Hungary?
One of the most common reasons for getting a Hungarian IP address is to access geo-restricted content. For example, you may find that Hungarian TV channels such as RTL Klub and TV2 are unavailable abroad. You may even find that you need a Hungarian IP address to access your online bank account and prevent the foreign login attempt being incorrectly flagged as fraudulent. Whatever the case, using a VPN to get an IP address for Hungary can help.
If you’re in Hungary and want to improve your online security while still being able to access your home websites and services, a Hungarian IP address can also help in this respect. That’s because the new, temporary IP address isn’t linked to your identity. Furthermore, VPNs offer a number of security features that further protect your privacy. This is particularly useful when you’re connecting to public wifi hotspots which are especially vulnerable to hackers and snoopers.
⭐Can I use a free VPN to get a Hungarian IP address?
It’s perfectly possible to use a free VPN to get an IP address for Hungary. However, it’s worth knowing that free VPNs suffer from a number of issues. For starters, free VPN servers are often slow, making streaming and torrenting something of a challenge. Furthermore, many free VPNs struggle to unblock region-locked content, particularly when it comes to international streaming services such as Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
Another problem area of free VPNs is their lack of security. Some don’t encrypt your data, or protect you from leaks should the connection drop. Indeed, it’s not uncommon for free VPNs to make money by logging and selling your browsing data. So while you can use a free VPN to get a Hungarian IP address, it’s important to ask yourself whether it’s worth these various trade-offs. If not, choose a privacy-first VPN provider.
⭐Can I watch Hungarian TV abroad with a VPN?
Yes, the best VPNs allow you to stream Hungarian TV from anywhere in the world. This includes channels such as RTL Klub and TV2. All you need to do is connect to a server in Hungary for a Hungarian IP address and you can watch the following TV shows abroad:
- Barátok közt
- Jóban Rosszban
- Hungarian Folk Tales
- Való Világ
- Hungary's Next Top Model
- Showder Klub
- Áll az alku
- How to get a Hungarian IP address using a VPN
- Best VPNs for getting a Hungarian IP address
- 1. ExpressVPN
- 2. NordVPN
- 3. Surfshark
- 4. CyberGhost
- 5. IPVanish
- 6. PrivateVPN
- 7. Hotspot Shield
- Getting a Hungarian IP address: FAQs
- Why might I need an IP address for Hungary?
- Can I use a free VPN to get a Hungarian IP address?
- Can I watch Hungarian TV abroad with a VPN?