Many of the services we use are only available in our home country. For instance, if you try to watch AB3 outside Belgium, you’ll likely see the following error:
“Ce service est exclusivement réservé à la Belgique, Vous n’êtes pas autorisé à y accéder”.
Roughly translated, this means “This service is exclusively reserved for Belgium, you are not allowed to access it.” Thankfully, it’s quite simple to bypass these restrictions by getting a Belgian IP address with a VPN.
VPNs work by encrypting your traffic and routing it through a server in another part of the world. They also provide you a new, region-specific IP address for whichever country your chosen server is in. This means that if you connect to a Belgian server, you’ll get a Belgian IP address and trick region-locked services into thinking you’re really in Belgium.
How to get a Belgian IP address with a VPN
With the right VPN, getting an IP address from Belgium is easy, even if you’ve never used a VPN before. Just follow the steps below.
Here’s how to get a Belgian IP address from anywhere:
- First, sign up for one of the VPNs below (we particularly recommend NordVPN).
- Next, download and install the VPN app. There will be different versions for various devices, so be sure to get the right one.
- Connect to one of your VPN’s Belgian servers.
- Finally, try accessing a geo-blocked Belgian website. It should now be unblocked, but if not, clear your browser’s cache and cookies, then try again. Should problems persist, contact your VPN’s customer support team for further advice.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Belgian servers with no restrictions for a month. As you might expect, this is great for those hoping to stream Belgian TV from abroad.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
In a rush? We review each of our recommended VPNs in more depth below, but for now, here’s a brief summary of the best VPNs for a Belgian IP address:
- NordVPN: Our top choice for obtaining a Belgian IP address. This service boasts high speeds, advanced security functionality, and a strict no-logs policy. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: The best low-cost option for getting an IP address from Belgium. This security and privacy-conscious VPN is reliable and able to unblock a wide range of content. Best of all, there’s no connection limit.
- ExpressVPN: ExpressVPN is fast, secure, and capable of unblocking numerous Belgian services abroad.
- CyberGhost: A novice-friendly VPN with over 200 fast Belgian servers, strong unblocking ability, and a wide range of security features.
- IPVanish: Fast and secure, IPVanish has long been a favorite of those looking to stream. Unblocks Belgian services like VRT Nu with ease.
- VyprVPN: A no-logs VPN with reliable, high-speed connections and decent unblocking ability. Offers 24/7 live chat-based support.
Not every VPN can get you a Belgian IP address. Additionally, every service is different. To make sure we only recommend the best VPNs for getting a Belgian IP address, we only considered services meeting all of the criteria below:
- Has at least one Belgian server (the more, the better)
- Provides reliable, high-speed connections
- Does not log any personally identifiable information
- Uses effectively uncrackable encryption and offers additional security features
- Has apps for all of the most popular operating systems
The best VPN to get an IP address for Belgium – at a glance
We’ve compared the most important features for the top VPNs here. Prefer to read the in-depth reviews? Start with NordVPN – our #1 choice for getting a Belgian
|Website||NordVPN.com||Surfshark.com||ExpressVPN.com||Cyberghost.com||IPVanish.com||VyprVPN.com||Ranking for Belgium||1||2||3||4||5||6||Total number of servers||5,400||3,200||3,000||9,308+||2,000||700+||Devices Supported||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Smart TVs, Routers||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux||Windows, MacOS, Linux (command line), iOS, Android||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android||Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android||Avg Speed (Europe)||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||Popular Sites Unblocked||95%||88%||86%||85%||70%||90%|
|Best deal (per month)||$4.19|
SAVE 60% on a 2yr standard plan
Get 2 Months FREE with a 2-year plan
SAVE: 49% on the annual plan
SAVE 83% on the 2 year plan + 2 months FREE
SAVE 77% on the 2 year plan
SAVE 50% on the annual plan
Best VPNs for a Belgian IP address
Now you know our criteria you can take a look at our curated list of the best VPNs to get a Belgian IP address:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our top choice for a Belgian IP address. It outperforms all other VPNs in our speed tests and has more than 5,000 servers across 60 countries, including 60 in Belgium alone. This service is known for its unblocking ability: as well as letting you access Belgian TV abroad, it also unblocks platforms like Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and HBO Max. What’s more, with consistently high speeds and unlimited bandwidth, you’ll always be able to watch at the highest possible quality.
This VPN comes with several advanced security features. For instance, there’s 256-bit encryption, a customizable kill switch, and protection against DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks. You can also block ads and scan for malware automatically, or use servers specifically optimized for enhanced privacy. NordVPN has a strict no-logs policy and accepts Bitcoin. If you need help, you can reach customer support 24/7 over live chat.
NordVPN apps are available for Linux, MacOS, Windows, iOS, and Android. Manual installation is required for use with internet routers.
- Superfast speeds for seamless streaming and downloading
- Operates thousands of use-specific servers in 60 countries
- Excellent unblocking ability
- Keeps no logs whatsoever
- Strong security and privacy credentials
- The desktop app may be too complex for novice users
BEST VPN FOR BELGIUM:NordVPN is our #1 choice. It boasts incredibly high speeds, powerful security features, and a no-logs policy. With strong unblocking potential, it’s ideal for anyone looking to get a Belgian IP address. A 30-day money-back guarantee makes it a risk-free deal.
Take a look at our comprehensive NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is a great budget alternative. It’s a fast and secure VPN with around 3,000 servers in 100 countries (Belgium included). This service has no problems with major streaming services like Netflix US and BBC iPlayer, so watching Belgian TV won’t be an issue. Further, Surfshark has no connection limit, meaning you can connect as many devices as you like.
This VPN takes your security seriously. It offers 256-bit encryption, protection against WebRTC, DNS, and IPv6 leaks, a kill switch, automatic ad and malware-blocking, and split-tunneling functionality. There’s also a NoBorders feature that allows you to bypass VPN blocking. Surfshark does not keep any logs and accepts Bitcoin, allowing you to be as anonymous as possible online. If you run into problems, support is available via 24/7 live chat.
Surfshark provides MacOS, iOS, Windows, Android, and Linux apps. Wireless routers are also supported, but you’ll have to install this service manually.
- Works with some of the most popular streaming services abroad
- No limit on the number of devices connected
- Provides a secure, encrypted connection
- Keeps no logs at all
- Some features require an additional monthly fee
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark is a security-conscious VPN with high speeds and decent unblocking ability. It has no connection limit, allowing you to get a Belgian IP address on all of your devices at once. Surfshark also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out the full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN is a veteran provider that currently operates around 3,000 servers in 94 countries including Belgium. Its connections are fast enough to stream live HD content without any noticeable lag or buffering. You can connect up to five devices simultaneously, so you’ll be able to unblock and stream Belgian services like VRT Nu and AB3 wherever you are. Plus, you can unblock content from abroad, such as that from HBO Max, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video.
This service keeps your activities private at all times using 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch (which automatically stops all traffic if your connection drops suddenly). While ExpressVPN logs no personally identifiable information, you can still sign up anonymously by paying with Bitcoin. Customer support is available 24/7 over live chat should you need it.
ExpressVPN has apps for Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, and iOS devices, as well as custom firmware for home routers.
- Fast servers for streaming and downloading
- Unblocks services like AB3 and VRT Nu without any issues
- Best in class security and privacy
- Pay anonymously with Bitcoin
- Limited advanced features for power-users
VERSATILE VPN:ExpressVPN is another solid choice for getting an IP address from Belgium. It offers high speeds, strong security and privacy features, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our in-depth ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost has one of the largest networks of any major VPN, with 9,000+ servers in 91 countries including Belgium. This service offers reliable, high-speed connections and also provides secure access to popular streaming platforms like VRT Nu, AB3, and Netflix US. It permits up to seven simultaneous connections, making it perfect for those looking to protect lots of devices at once.
Despite its ease of use, CyberGhost comes with several powerful security features. These include 256-bit encryption, an always-on kill switch (in all versions), protection against DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks, an ad-blocker, and a malware-scanner. Most importantly, CyberGhost doesn’t log any information that could identify you. You can still pay with Bitcoin if you’d prefer, though. Live chat-based customer support is available 24/7.
CyberGhost provides apps for Android, Linux, iOS, Windows, and MacOS. It works with wireless routers, although manual configuration is required.
- Solid privacy and security features enabled by default
- Scored very highly in our speed testing
- Accepts Bitcoin
- Not suitable for those that need control of advanced features
IDEAL FOR BEGINNERS:CyberGhost is a user-friendly VPN with 260 high-speed Belgian servers. With strong unblocking abilities, even stronger security, and a generous 45-day money-back guarantee, CyberGhost is well worthy of your consideration.
Check out our full review of CyberGhost.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish has around 1,900 servers in 60+ countries including Belgium. With unlimited bandwidth, consistently high speeds, and P2P traffic allowed, this service is an excellent choice whether you want to torrent, watch Belgian TV abroad, or just browse anonymously. IPVanish allows you to connect all of your devices at once; this is particularly generous considering most services permit six connections at most.
Security features include 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks to keep your traffic secure. Apps also include the ability to block local traffic and scramble OpenVPN traffic, hiding the fact that you’re using a VPN at all. IPVanish has a no-logging policy which means it can’t divulge details of your activities even if asked to by the government.
IPVanish offers Windows, Android, MacOS, and iOS apps. It can be manually installed on Linux-based systems and select network routers.
- Very fast speeds
- Allows you to connect any number of devices at once
- No-logs policy and strong security features
- Struggles to unblock larger streaming platforms
FAST AND SECURE:IPVanish boasts fast, reliable connections, powerful security features, and a true no-logs policy. Additionally, its lack of a connection limit makes it an excellent choice for anyone looking to watch Belgian TV across multiple devices. IPVanish includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read the full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
VyprVPN has around 700 servers in more than 70 countries, including some in Belgium. This service not only works with platforms like VRT Nu, it also lets you access services like Netflix and Hulu from abroad. Further, with decent, reliable speeds, you won’t have to worry about being interrupted by lag or buffering.
This service uses 256-bit encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch (desktop versions only) to help keep your traffic safe from prying eyes. It also boasts a special protocol called Chameleon which scrambles your traffic, allowing you to bypass VPN blocking. Further, VyprVPN is a completely logless service, meaning your activities cannot be traced back to you. Support is on-hand 24/7 via live chat, should you need it.
VyprVPN has apps for Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows, and Blackphone. This service can be manually configured for use with Linux systems and supported internet routers.
- Fast, reliable connection
- Strong security and privacy credentials
- Unblocks most popular geo-blocked sites
- Can’t pay with Bitcoin
- Marginally more expensive than some VPNs
PRIVACY-FIRST VPN:VyprVPN keeps no logs, provides consistently high speeds, and can also unblock several Belgian streaming platforms from abroad. Best of all, its plans all include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Take a look at our complete VyprVPN review.
Can I get a Belgian IP address with a free VPN?
It’s unlikely you’ll be able to get a Belgian IP address using a free VPN. For context, Belgian servers are fairly rare, even for paid VPNs. Free services generally have very few servers, and they tend to be clustered in high-traffic zones like the US and the UK. Even assuming you find a free VPN with Belgian servers, due to the high number of users free services attract, you’re almost certain to experience very slow speeds. This means that free VPNs are impractical for most purposes, streaming included.
You should also think about the security implications of using a free VPN. Research has shown that free VPNs tend to be less secure than their paid counterparts, with one study finding that almost 40 percent of apps contained malware. Equally worrying, 18 percent never encrypted the user’s traffic, leaving their activities out in the open for anyone to see. Larger providers aren’t necessarily any safer, though; Hola notoriously sold its users’ bandwidth for use in a botnet.
Using a VPN with a clearly-worded, privacy-first logging policy is the best way to protect yourself online.
Methodology: Choosing the best VPNs for getting a Belgian IP address
It’s not enough for a VPN to simply have servers in Belgium; it also has to offer the speeds required for whatever you have in mind, and the security tools to keep you safe. We’ve put together a short list of must-have features and used this to exclude all but the very best VPNs for getting an IP address from Belgium:
- Belgian servers: Without these, it’s not possible to get a Belgian IP address. However, we consider the number of available servers, their locations, and how reliable they are, since all of these things have an impact on your overall experience.
- Performance: Speed is high on our list of priorities, since slow connections lead to lag, streams that fail to load, and sometimes even sporadic disconnection from the internet. We regularly run speed tests on leading VPNs and will only recommend those that perform well.
- Versatility: Part of our process is making sure that your VPN can handle anything you throw at it. That’s why we make sure our top services are suitable for streaming, torrenting, video calling, and general browsing.
- Security and privacy: At a minimum, the best VPNs should have 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, a kill switch, and a no-logs policy. Of course, plenty of the services above include extra tools for even greater security.
- User-friendliness: We require our recommendations to be newcomer-friendly and have apps for all major operating systems. Anything that makes things simpler is highly welcome, whether it’s streaming-focused servers, 24/7 support, or no connection limits.
Looking to learn more? Our in-depth post explains exactly how we test VPNs at Comparitech.
Using a VPN to get a Belgian IP address: FAQs
Can I watch Belgian TV abroad with a VPN?
Absolutely! Once connected to a Belgian VPN server, you’ll be able to access most region-locked services as though you were actually in Belgium. This means that you can use services like AB3, VRT Nu, RTBF, and even RTL from anywhere in the world.
What else can you do with a Belgian IP address?
There’s a lot you can do with a Belgian IP address, aside from streaming. Let’s say you usually live in Belgium but you go abroad on vacation. If you log in to your online banking service, you may well find yourself locked out of your account by an automatic fraud prevention system. However, if you connect to a Belgian VPN server beforehand, your bank likely wouldn’t have noticed.
While in another country, you may rely on public wifi hotspots more than usual. The problem is that, while convenient, these networks are often very poorly secured, making them an ideal target for hackers. By connecting to a VPN, though, you ensure that your activities cannot be read, even if the network is being monitored.
Are VPNs legal in Belgium?
Yes! VPNs are legal in just about every country, including Belgium. Millions of remote workers rely on these services to securely access their employers' networks, so banning them just wouldn't make sense.
The only time you're liable to get in trouble is if you use a VPN to commit crimes online. Just abide by local laws and you should be completely fine.
How can I check that my IP address has changed?
The quickest and easiest way to make sure your VPN is working properly is to check your IP address. Luckily, there are plenty of tools built for this exact purpose, including an IP address checker we created outselves.
Simply visit your preferred service with the VPN turned off and make a note of your IP address. Then, connect to the VPN and check again. This time, your IP address should be completely different. If it's not, we'd suggest contacting your VPN's support team to see if something has been misconfigured.