Like most streaming services, TNT is region-locked. This means that it’s only available in a specific country (in this case, the US). In fact, if you try to access TNT from outside of the US, you’ll be redirected to a version of the website that only lets you watch trailers, not full episodes. This means that if you leave the US on vacation, you won’t be able to stay up-to-date with your favorite shows from home. Luckily the solution to this is simple, you just need to use a VPN to gain a US IP address.
When you connect to a VPN server in the US, this routes all of your network traffic through an American server, giving you a temporary local IP address and tricking TNT into thinking you’re somewhere you aren’t. As a bonus, VPNs also encrypt your traffic, preventing your employer, Internet Service Provider, or government from seeing what you get up to online.
In this article, we’ll list the best VPNs to use for streaming TNT online from anywhere and talk you through how to use them. We’ll go into more detail about each of the VPNs we recommend, but in case you’re short on time, here’s a summary.
The best VPNs to watch TNT abroad:
- NordVPN: Our top VPN pick for streaming TNT abroad. NordVPN offers high speeds, strong unblocking ability, and a wide range of security and privacy protections. Includes a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: A low-cost, privacy-first VPN with cutting-edge security features. Unblocks TNT abroad and allows an unlimited number of simultaneous connections.
- ExpressVPN: ExpressVPN is fast, security-conscious, and capable of unlocking major streaming platforms from anywhere.
- CyberGhost: A user-friendly VPN with plenty of high-speed servers, a wide range of security features, and the ability to unblock TNT abroad.
- IPVanish: With high speeds, a no-logs policy, and a strong focus on security, IPVanish is a strong choice for anyone looking to watch TNT from outside of the US.
- PrivateVPN: This service boasts particularly high speeds, excellent unblocking ability, a strict no-logs policy, and several advanced security features.
- Atlas VPN: Powerful unblocking coupled with MultiHop servers and high-speed connections. Stream TNT lag-free and connect all of your devices at once.
How to watch TNT live online with a VPN
Never used a VPN before? It’s actually quite simple to access geo-blocked platforms like TNT from abroad. Just follow the steps below.
Here’s how to watch TNT live online from abroad (outside the US):
- Start by signing up for one of the VPNs below. We particularly recommend NordVPN.
- Next, download and install the VPN app. There’ll be a few different versions, so be sure to get the right one for your device.
- Log in and connect to a server in the US. this will give you the US IP address you need to bypass TNT’s restrictions. If you’re allowed to select a specific city, New York and Los Angeles are usually good choices.
- Now visit the TNT website. While you can watch ten minutes of content for free, you’ll have to sign in for unlimited streaming. This requires a cable TV subscription, although you can also watch TNT via Sling TV, YouTube TV, or AT&T TV Now (all of which require you to have a payment method linked to a US address).
- Finally, try playing a video. You should now be watching TNT from abroad. If you have any issues, clear your browser’s cookies and then try again.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up on this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for TNT with no restrictions for a month—great if you want to binge your favorite show or are going on a short trip.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you, and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
Best VPNs for TNT
With dozens of different VPNs on the market, all claiming to be the best, it can be difficult to decide which is right for you. In our experience, the best VPNs tend to be the ones that are most versatile. To make sure you get a VPN that can handle almost anything, we only recommend services that fit the criteria below:
- Provides plenty of high-speed American servers
- Can unblock TNT and similar streaming services from abroad
- Keeps you safe using effectively uncrackable encryption and various other security features
- Does not log any personally identifiable information
- Offers apps for all of the most popular operating systems
If you want to know more about how we test and rank the VPNs we recommend, head to the methodology section below. For now, let’s take a closer look at the ones that made our list.
Here’s a list of the best VPNs for watching TNT abroad:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our top recommended VPN for Watching TNT online from anywhere. It has around 5,200 servers in nearly 60 countries and more than 1,900 in the US alone. As such, it’s easy to get a high-speed, low-latency connection wherever you are. This service is known for its excellent accessing ability, and it even works with stubborn platforms like Netflix, so TNT won’t pose a problem. NordVPN allows up to six simultaneous connections, so you can stream TNT whether you’re at home or on the move.
This service is packed with powerful security features. For instance, it has 256-bit encryption, a customizable kill switch, and protection against IPv6, WebRTC, and DNS leaks. There’s also an ad-blocker, a malware scanner, and special obfuscated servers for use in countries with especially strict online censorship. This service accepts three different cryptocurrencies, but you’re effectively untraceable however you pay, as NordVPN keeps no logs at all. Need help? Customer support is on hand over live chat 24/7.
NordVPN offers apps for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux devices. It also works with network routers via manual installation.
- Excellent unblocking ability
- Excellent security and encryption standards
- Almost 2,000 high-speed US servers
- 24/7 support
- Keeps no logs whatsoever
- Allows payment in cryptocurrencies
- Desktop app can be awkward to use
BEST VPN FOR TNT:NordVPN is our #1pick for TNT. With reliable high-speed connections, a no-logs policy, and several advanced security features, it’s ideal for anyone looking to stream safely. It even offers a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
Take a look at our complete NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark currently offers access to around 3,200 servers in around 100 countries, including America. This service is a strong choice for anyone looking to stream as it’s fast enough for uninterrupted playback and works reliably with platforms like Netflix US, Sling TV, and of course, TNT from abroad. Best of all, this service has no connection limit, so you can secure every device you own with a single account.
This VPN secures your traffic using 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks. That’s not all, though: it also has a built-in ad-blocker, a malware scanner, and a NoBorders feature designed to bypass country-wide internet restrictions. Surfshark doesn’t log any personally identifiable information, although you can always pay with Bitcoin, Ripple, or Ethereum for even greater privacy. Live chat-based customer support is available 24/7 should you run into any difficulty.
Surfshark provides apps for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. This service can be manually installed on select internet routers.
- No limit on number of devices connected
- Fast enough for streaming live TV without any issues
- Excellent unblocking abilities
- Takes privacy and security very seriously
- No-logs policy
- Customer support could be improved
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark has fast speeds, decent unblocking ability, and no connection limit, making it ideal for streaming. It also boasts a low price point, plus strong security and privacy credentials. This VPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out our full review of Surfshark.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN currently operates more than 3,000 servers throughout 94 countries, including the US. What’s more, with reliable, high-speed connections and unlimited bandwidth, you’ll be able to stream free from any noticeable lag or buffering. As well as working with TNT, ExpressVPN lets you use platforms like Netflix US and Hulu, which means there are very few restrictions on what you can watch abroad.
This VPN uses 256-bit encryption and protection against DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks, to keep your activities safe from prying eyes. There’s also a kill switch (called a “Network Lock”) that stops all data transferal whenever you lose your connection to the VPN unexpectedly. This service allows you to sign up almost completely anonymously using Bitcoin, but this is optional since ExpressVPN doesn’t log any data that could identify you. If you run into any problems, you can contact customer support 24/7 over live chat.
ExpressVPN apps are available for Linux, Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. There’s also custom firmware to simplify the process of installing ExpressVPN on your router.
- Unblocks TNT and similar platforms from anywhere
- Fast, reliable speeds – streaming HD content or downloading/uploading large files
- Best-in-class security and privacy
- Pay anonymously with Bitcoin
- 24/7 customer support
- Power users may find the advanced options limited
- More expensive than others on this list
GREAT ALL-ROUNDER:ExpressVPN is a great choice for TNT. This service has strong unblocking ability and puts your privacy and security above all else without compromising on speed. Best of all, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee allowing you to try it risk-free.
Check out the full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost is a fast, beginner-friendly VPN with around 1,300 servers in the US and more than 9,000 spread across a further 90+ countries. This service is capable of accessing popular streaming platforms like TNT, Netflix US, and All 4 from anywhere, and with unlimited bandwidth, you’re free to stream as much as you like. Plus, CyberGhost allows up to seven simultaneous connections, which is above average.
This service requires very little setup as all of its security features come pre-configured. These include an always-on kill switch (in every version), 256-bit encryption, an ad-blocker, and a malware scanner, as well as DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection. CyberGhost doesn’t record any personally identifiable information, but you can pay in Bitcoin for another layer of anonymity if you wish. This VPN is particularly easy to use, but customer support is available 24/7 over live chat, just in case.
CyberGhost provides apps for iOS, Linux, Android, macOS, and Windows. It can be manually installed on select internet routers.
- Vast network of over 9,000 servers
- All security features enabled by default
- High speeds and unlimited bandwidth
- Strong unblocking ability
- Accepts Bitcoin
- Power users may lament the lack of advanced configuration options
- Doesn’t work reliably from China.
STREAM TNT ANYWHERE:CyberGhost has thousands of high-speed US servers, making it easy to stream TNT abroad. It also offers a wide range of pre-configured security features, a no-logs policy, and a particularly generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our in-depth review of CyberGhost.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish has roughly 2,000 servers in 60+ countries, including the US. With unlimited bandwidth, reliable high-speed connections, and the ability to unblock TNT from anywhere, you’ll always be able to watch in the highest possible quality. While many of its rivals allow six connections at most, IPVanish has no connection limit, making it perfect for anyone looking to stream across several devices.
This VPN uses 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks to keep your traffic private at all times. It can also block local traffic entirely and scramble your OpenVPN traffic to hide the fact that you’re using a VPN at all. IPVanish has a strict no-logging policy, so there’s no need to worry about your activities being traced back to you. If you need help, you can reach customer support over live chat 24/7.
IPVanish apps are available for Windows, iOS, Android, and macOS. You can configure this service to work with Linux systems and select routers.
- Use on all of your devices simultaneously
- Strong on security
- Keeps no logs
- Good speeds for streaming
- Struggles to unblock larger streaming platforms
- Based in the US, a 5 Eyes member
FAST, SECURE STREAMING:IPVanish is perfect for streaming on the go. It has no connection limit, consistently high speeds, and powerful security features, as well as a zero-logs policy. This VPN even includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our comprehensive IPVanish review for more details.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN might not have the largest network around (with only roughly 200 servers in 60 countries), but it does provide higher speeds than many of its competitors. Additionally, this VPN can access streaming services many others struggle with, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu. PrivateVPN allows you to connect up to ten devices at once.
This service goes all out to protect your privacy. There’s DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leak protection, a kill switch (desktop only), and 256-bit encryption, as well as the ability to scramble your traffic so you can bypass VPN blocking. PrivateVPN keeps no logs whatsoever, meaning it cannot reveal details of your activities even if asked to. If you’re concerned about privacy, there’s always the option to pay with Bitcoin. Live-chat support is available 22 hours per day, and the staff can even remotely configure the software for you with your permission.
PrivateVPN has apps for Windows, Android, macOS, Linux, and iOS. Manual configuration is required for use with network routers.
- One of the fastest VPNs around
- Powerful security features
- Exceptional unblocking capabilities
- Doesn’t have 24/7 live chat
- Fewer servers to choose from than other providers higher on this list
VERY HIGH SPEEDS:PrivateVPN is a very fast service that takes your privacy seriously. It keeps no logs whatsoever, unblocks TNT without any problems, and offers various advanced security features. All plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Want to know more? Take a look at the full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Atlas VPN stands out for its consistent unblocking of the most popular streaming platforms. With it, you’ll not only be able to access TNT but also the likes of Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and HBO Max. This also happens to be one of the faster VPNs on the market. Its speed, coupled with unlimited bandwidth, makes for a seamless streaming experience, free from buffering and lag (and even in 4K resolution).
With an Atlas VPN account, there’s no limit to the number of devices you can connect simultaneously. Security is particularly comprehensive with 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch providing a strong foundation. However, there’s even the option of MultiHop servers as well as an ad, malware, and tracker blocker. Just as important, no identifying logs are kept, so your identity stays intact.
Atlas VPN apps can be downloaded for the following: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. However, no browser extensions are offered, and there’s no support for either Linux or wifi routers.
- Works with most streaming platforms we tested
- Speeds are more than fast enough for 4K streaming
- Connect all of your devices at the same time
- No browser extensions or support for Linux or routers
- Relatively small network of just over 750 servers
SEAMLESS LIVE STREAMING:AtlasVPN reliably works with TNT, Prime Video, Hulu, and more. Lag-free streaming thanks to high-speed servers. Security includes MultiHop servers and an ad blocker. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Atlas VPN review.
Choosing the best VPNs for TNT: our methodology
Finding a great VPN that works well with TNT is no easy task because there are dozens of different services to pick from. Not all VPNs have the features you need to stay secure online, which is why we use a scientific VPN testing methodology to review each provider. Before recommending a VPN, we check for various criteria that include the following:
- Network size: the bigger the network, the more likely you’ll find a server that works well with TNT.
- Speed: we only recommend VPNs that offer fast speeds, so you can stream shows and movies without buffering.
- Security: we include VPNs that offer strong security features to protect your data from hackers and government surveillance. We looked for VPNs that provide a kill switch, AES encryption, obfuscation, and other useful features such as port forwarding and split tunneling. We also check each one for DNS and IP leaks.
- Compatibility: we make sure that the VPNs we recommend work well with all popular streaming devices, including PCs, Macs, smartphones, and tablets.
- Usability: we look for VPNs that are easy to use, so you can get up and running quickly and easily.
- Prices: we only recommend VPNs that offer great value for money and have a money-back guarantee so that you can test them out risk-free.
You can find the full details of our testing process in our methodology article.
Best VPNs for TNT: FAQs
Can I watch TNT online with a free VPN?
Free VPNs can be appealing at first glance, but scratch below the surface, and there are several significant problems. First, despite attracting more users than paid VPNs, they often have fairly small server networks. This leads to major network slowdown and could mean that you’re unable to even browse properly, never mind stream. Furthermore, free VPNs are often the first to be blacklisted by streaming platforms, so even if you get decent speeds, you still might not be able to watch TNT online.
More importantly, free VPNs don’t always improve your security. In fact, a recent study found that almost 40 percent of surveyed apps contained malware and 18 percent used no encryption whatsoever. While paid services usually strive to keep your data private, free VPNs offer no such guarantees. In fact, they may even be selling details of your activities to advertisers without your knowledge.
Using a VPN with a no-logs policy and a history of putting its users’ privacy first is the best way to protect yourself online.
What can I watch on TNT?
TNT allows users to watch a wide range of movies and TV shows, both live and on-demand. Below, you’ll find some of this network’s most popular titles:
Can I watch TNT on Kodi?
Despite the large number of streaming services that carry TNT, most of these don't actually have working Kodi addons. In fact, the only way to stream TNT on Kodi is with Eracknaphobia's newly-updated Sling TV addon. Simply install this, enter your login credentials in the settings menu, and you should be able to start watching.
Can I watch March Madness on TNT from abroad?
TNT is geo-blocked and is usually only available in the US. As a result, trying to access it from abroad will normally result in you being redirected to the international version of the site, where you can't watch anything. However, if you connect to a US VPN server first, you should be able to stream March Madness from anywhere in the world.