Would you like to watch Jiocinema from abroad? With a strong collection of South Asian content, and even some English-language Disney titles, Jiocinema has something for the whole family. In this post, we’ll explain how you can use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to bypass regional restrictions and stream Jiocinema online whether you’re in the US, the UK, Canada, Germany, France, or any other country in the world.
Streaming services usually only have the rights to show their content in select locations. However, a VPN lets you connect to servers all over the world and be assigned a temporary, region-specific IP address. This tricks sites into believing you’re actually located somewhere different and makes them work as though you were physically in the required country. VPNs also encrypt your network traffic, preventing external observers like hackers and even your Internet Service Provider (ISP) from monitoring your activities.
If you’re in a hurry, take a look at our shortlist of best VPNs for Jiocinema below. We’ll go into each in further detail later in this article.
Best VPNs for Jiocinema:
- NordVPN: Our first choice for Jiocinema. Takes your security very seriously and keeps no logs. Superfast and reliable with over 30 servers in India. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: The best low-cost option for watching Jiocinema abroad. A security-first VPN that makes it easy to stream Jiocinema outside of India. Boasts steady speeds, a zero-logs policy, and no connection limits at all.
- ExpressVPN: Offers high-speed Indian servers, a wide range of security and privacy protections, and impressive streaming capabilities.
- CyberGhost: Fast enough for streaming Jiocinema without any lag. Has a wide range of security features, solid streaming ability, and nearly two-dozen speedy Indian servers
- IPVanish: A privacy-conscious VPN that lets you watch Jiocinema from anywhere. Has speedy connections, no bandwidth limits, and an impressive range of security features.
- PrivateVPN: This VPN is exceptionally speedy and unblocks all kinds of platforms including Hotstar and Jiocinema. Strong security features and a no-logs policy.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Jiocinema with no restrictions for a month—great if you want to stream your favorite movies or are going on vacation.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
How to unblock Jiocinema abroad with a VPN
New to streaming with a VPN? Regaining access to geo-restricted sites as you travel is actually fairly straightforward:
- Sign up to one of the VPN services mentioned below (we recommend NordVPN).
- Download and install the VPN software. There will be a few different versions, so be sure to get the right one for your operating system.
- Connect to a server in the appropriate location. For Jiocinema, you’ll have to use an Indian server.
- Try loading a video on the site. If everything’s working as expected, it should load almost instantly. Note that you may have to refresh the page first.
Best VPNs for Jiocinema
It’s important to choose the right provider as each VPN service is slightly different. For instance, one might offer strong security but slow browsing speeds, while another could be very fast but incapable of securely accessing popular streaming platforms. To identify the best VPNs for Jiocinema, we looked for services which met the following criteria:
- Several Indian servers to choose from
- Suitable for streaming Jiocinema and similar services
- Strong encryption and additional security features
- Stable, high-speed connections
- A minimally intrusive logging policy, or ideally, no logging at all
Below, you’ll find our list of the best VPNs for Jiocinema:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN our first choice for a Jiocinema VPN. It’s excellent for streaming, in no small part thanks to its extensive server network. There are more than 5,000 to choose from (including 30+in India), and you can even connect to servers optimized for tasks like file-sharing or enhancing your privacy. It’s incredibly fast and capable of securely accessing several major streaming platforms including Jiocinema, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video.
This VPN makes it incredibly easy to stream and browse the internet anonymously. There’s 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, protection against both DNS and IPv6 leaks, and even a few more advanced features like double VPN capability and the option to use Tor over VPN. NordVPN accepts bitcoin payments and doesn’t record anything that could identify you, so your activities remain private at all times.
This service comes with dedicated Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS apps. Linux-based platforms and specific wireless routers are supported, but must be manually configured.
- 30+ high-speed Indian servers
- Works with Jiocinema, Netflix, and more
- Outstanding security credentials
- Doesn’t keep any logs
- Excellent support
- Desktop apps take some getting used to
BEST VPN FOR JIOCINEMA:NordVPN is our top pick. It has unbeaten speeds, an impressive security offering, and fantastic streaming ability. Use it to watch Jiocinema from anywhere, or browse safely on up to six devices at once. This provider even offers a 30-day money-back guarantee making it a risk-free deal.
Read our full review of NordVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark it a low-cost VPN that has a network of 3,200 servers in 63 countries including India. The main thing that sets it apart from its rivals is that it allows an unlimited number of simultaneous connections. Given that this VPN is fast enough for lag-free streaming and able to unblock major services like Hotstar without any problems. Jiocinema isn’t much of a challenge.
This VPN excels at keeping its users safe. It hides your traffic with 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks, but that’s not all: there’s also a one-click NoBorders feature that lets you browse freely in countries like China or the UAE. Surfshark doesn’t log any identifiable information so can’t divulge details of your activities even if asked to. If you need help, you can speak to support staff over live chat, day or night.
Surfshark provides Android, iOS, Linux, MacOS, and Windows apps. What’s more, with a little manual configuration, it even works with select wireless routers.
- Has a large network of fast servers
- Unblocks many major streaming platforms
- Plenty of advanced security features
- No-logs VPN
- Some settings are hard to find
BEST BUDGET OPTION:Surfshark boasts fast speeds and top-notch security features, plus it lets you connect all of your devices at once. This means you can safely watch Jiocinema wherever you are in the world. A 30-day money-back guarantee is included.
Read our full review of Surfshark.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN has three locations in India, and a network of more than 3,000 servers across the globe. As well as Jiocinema, it works with a huge range of streaming services including Netflix and YuppTV. Best of all, this service is fast enough to stream HD video with no noticeable buffering.
It includes several sophisticated security features too. There’s 256-bit encryption, DNS leak protection, perfect forward secrecy, and a kill switch. The latter prevents you from accidentally browsing unprotected should your VPN connection unexpectedly drop. ExpressVPN doesn’t log any personally identifiable information, so your activities can’t be traced back to you. 24/7 live chat is available in case of any issues.
This VPN has apps for all the most popular platforms including Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. It can even be manually installed on supported network routers.
- Speedy, low-latency servers
- No issues unblocking Jiocinema abroad
- Puts your security and privacy first
- Pay anonymously with Bitcoin
- Costs slightly more than others in this list
STREAM SAFELY ABROAD:ExpressVPN unblocks Jiocinema and lets you stream safely from outside India. High speeds make for lag-free streaming. Still not convinced? There’s also a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of ExpressVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost tries to make online security as simple as possible. You can connect to one of its 60 Indian servers directly, or have one assigned based on your intended activity. For example, there’s a one-click option to unblock streaming sites like ESPN, Amazon Prime Video, or ITV. Although Jiocinema isn’t mentioned by name, rest assured you’ll be able to unblock and stream from it flawlessly.
With 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS, port forwarding, and IPv6 leaks enabled by default, it’s clear that CyberGhost takes your security seriously. There’s even the option to have automatic ad-blocking and malware-scanning. This service doesn’t log any personally identifiable information, so you can browse safely, securely, and privately.
CyberGhost offers apps for MacOS, iOS, Windows, Linux, and Android devices. It can be manually configured to work with some internet routers.
- Provides consistently fast speeds
- Can unblock all kinds of region-locked services
- All security features enabled by default
- Doesn’t offer much control over advanced features
VERY USER-FRIENDLY:CyberGhost is a fast, easy to use VPN that makes it as easy as possible to watch Jiocinema abroad. It boasts solid speeds, a wealth of security features, and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of CyberGhost.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish remains one of the best VPNs for streaming Jiocinema even though it only has a few Indian servers. Firstly, it’s fast enough to stream HD video with no buffering. Secondly, it can unblock several similar platforms including YuppTV and Hotstar with no trouble at all. Finally, IPVanish allows any number of simultaneous connections per account. Most VPNs allow between around six, so this really is exceptional.
This VPN includes a strong selection of security features. There’s 256-bit encryption, IPv6/DNS leak protection, and a kill switch, as well as the option to block local traffic and obscure OpenVPN traffic. With no personally identifiable information recorded, IPVanish is an excellent way to stream securely across all of your devices.
This is one of the few major VPNs to offer a dedicated app for Amazon TV/ Fire Stick. There are also apps for Windows, Android, MacOS, and iOS. Manual installation is required for Linux systems and select internet routers.
- Lightweight apps and solid speeds
- Includes plenty of security and privacy features
- Connect any number of devices
- Struggles with larger streaming platforms
ZERO-LOGS PROVIDER:IPVanish boasts fast connections, decent unblocking capabilities, and a genuinely impressive range of security tools. What’s more, unlike many other providers, it lets you secure all of your devices at once. This VPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee too.
Read our full review of IPVanish.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN may not have as many servers as some of its rivals, but it does provide higher speeds. In fact, you’ll be able to stream HD, or even 4K video with no noticeable buffering whatsoever. This service can not only securely access sites like Jiocinema and Hotstar, but also Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
As for security, you get 256-bit encryption and a kill switch, and DNS/IPv6 leak protection is enabled by default. But customer support is where PrivateVPN really shines. You can contact the team via live chat, and they’ll even install or configure the software remotely if you’d like them to. With a strict no-logs policy, you can trust that your privacy is in good hands.
This VPN has apps for iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows. It can be manually configured to work with Linux-based systems and select routers.
- High-speed servers are ideal for lag-free streaming
- Perfect for streaming safely
- Several advanced security features and a no-logs policy
- Fewer servers than some others in this list
- Live chat isn’t 24/7
SPEEDY INDIAN SERVERS:PrivateVPN offers fast speeds and works with not just Jiocinema, but Netflix, Hotstar, and many others too. As if that wasn’t enough, it comes with plenty of powerful security tools and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of PrivateVPN.
Can I use a free VPN with Jiocinema?
At first glance, free VPNs can seem very attractive, but we strongly advise against using one. For a start, they often have more users than their networks can support. This leads to long loading times, choppy video, and ultimately, an unsatisfying viewing experience. Some services have even imposed monthly data limits on their users, so even if you can successfully stream once, you may not be able to again. Additionally, with many streaming platforms improving their VPN detection measures, there’s a strong chance a free VPN just won’t work.
As users don’t pay to use a free VPN, these services have to use other ways to make money. Many insert ads into the pages you visit, but some use more intrusive methods. They might, for instance, use a tracking cookie to monitor your activities, even after you’ve disconnected from the VPN. This provides them with valuable data which can be used to build a consumer profile and sold to third parties without your knowledge.
Sadly, there’s more. A survey of free VPN apps for Android found that many were actually just Trojans looking to infect systems with malware. Further, of the 283 apps tested, 18% (50 apps) didn’t actually encrypt any of the user’s traffic. There’s no guarantee of safety with well-known services either. We’ve seen a high-profile free VPN sell its users’ bandwidth to help run a botnet.
You can’t be too careful when it comes to online security. To help keep your personal information safe, we recommend using a reputable VPN with a history of protecting its customers’ privacy.
Methodology: How we found the best VPNs for streaming Jiocinema
Not every VPN is a good fit for streaming Jiocinema. Some don’t even have Indian servers, while others aren’t as reliable as you’ll need them to be. With this in mind, we created a list of minimum requirements and only considered VPNs that met (or exceeded) all of them. Here are the most important things we looked for in a Jiocinema VPN:
- Indian servers: Without these, you can’t get an Indian IP address, which means you can’t access Jiocinema abroad. The more, the better. Ideally, these would be spread across multiple cities to ensure you always have one nearby.
- Speed: You’ll need decent speeds for streaming, especially if you’re hoping to watch 4K video or live broadcasts. We run hundreds of tests every year to find out which VPNs are currently the fastest, and will only recommend those that perform well.
- Streaming ability: Part of our testing involves seeing how well VPNs work with other services like Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, and SonyLIV. This way, we can say for sure which VPNs work best for streaming Indian TV.
- Security: We require our top VPNs to provide DNS and IPv6 leak protection, 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and a no-logging policy. Naturally, we prefer services with even more security and privacy tools built-in, as well as those that support Bitcoin payments.
- Price: We’ll never recommend a service that charges more than is justified. Further, we’ll do our best to provide info about any discounts, money-back guarantees, or coupons that are available so that you pay as little as possible.
We actually perform a great deal more testing than this. To find out more, check out our full VPN testing post.
Watching Jiocinema abroad with a VPN: FAQs
Who can sign up for Jiocinema?
Although its website doesn’t state it specifically, Jiocinema is only available to users who usually live in India. Currently, there’s no way to sign up for Jiocinema online; users are required to sign in with their Jio number or Jio ID, and the only way to get one of these is to have broadband, TV, or a SIM card with Jio.
There are several different plans to choose from, but if you’re only interested in Jiocinema, the easiest way is to sign up for the 2GB prepaid data plan. This costs ₹299 every 28 days and you’ll be able to start streaming as soon as your SIM card arrives.
When you’re traveling outside of India and want to stream Jiocinema content, all you need to do is connect to an Indian VPN server to get an Indian IP address and spoof your location.
What can I watch on Jiocinema?
Jiocinema has a fairly large library of movies and TV shows. You should note that some content is only available in one language: either Hindi or English. That said, Jiocinema also offers several Hindi-dubbed versions of major Western releases. Below, we’ve listed some of the service’s most well-known titles:
- 99 Songs
- Haathi Mere Saathi
- Infected 2030
- Bigg Boss
- Melting Heart
- Warrior High
- Splitsvilla x3
- Broken but Beautiful