Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059 and m7111-5059 include the following message: “You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
While error messages such as this can be very annoying, there’s a solution! If you’re already using a VPN, this means that the VPN is unable to unblock Netflix. Or, at the very least, the IP address you’re using has been blacklisted by Netflix. While it’s worth trying a few more servers, it’s likely that you’ll need a better VPN if you want to bypass Netflix error m7111-5059.
If you don’t have time to read all the details in this post, here is our list of the best VPNs to bypass Netflix error m7111-5059:
- ExpressVPN Our #1 choice! Superfast servers dotted around the globe geared for streaming in HD quality. Secure and private apps, includes 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN Great value choice with good streaming speeds and can unblock most geo-restricted streaming content.
- CyberGhost Apps are easy to install and to use which makes this provider a great choice for beginners. Good streaming speeds.
- PrivateVPN Lesser-known provider that is gaining a reputation for the number of streaming sites it can unblock.
- Hide My Ass! Great at unblocking streaming sites, but is UK based and stores usage logs.
How to fix error code m7111-1331-5059
Luckily, it’s not hard to fix Netflix error m7111-1331-5059. This is a streaming error caused by Netflix detecting the use of a VPN or proxy service.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Sign up with one of the 5 VPNs listed in this article – (we recommend ExpressVPN.)
- Download and install the VPN software. Make sure it’s the appropriate version for your operating system!
- Open the VPN app and select a server in the country from which you want to access Netflix (this may be Netflix US or Netflix Japan, for example).
- Clear your cookies in order for the changes to take effect on Netflix.
- Open Netflix and try the geo-restricted content. It should now be unblocked! If not, don’t panic. It may well work with another server.
Which VPNs still work with Netflix?
There are a lot of VPNs on the market but few can get around the anti-VPN measures implemented by Netflix. We’ve searched high and low and have found five high quality VPNs that do exactly that. Our research involved looking for VPNs that met the following criteria:
- Able to unblock Netflix as well as a variety of other streaming services
- Large network of servers around the world
- High speed and reliable connections for high quality streaming
- Strong security and privacy including encryption and a no logs policy
- Fast and efficient customer support, preferably with a live chat feature
Best VPNs to fix Netflix Error m7111-1331-5059
Here is our list of the 5 best VPNs to fix Netflix error m7111-5059-5059 and unblock Netflix:
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for unblocking Netflix. It consistently bypasses geo-restrictions not only on Netflix but also Hulu, Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer. There’s no shortage of servers with over 2,000 in 94 countries. As such, you’ll have no problem unblocking Netflix US or even Netflix Japan. When it comes to streaming with ExpressVPN, the quality is excellent. We were able to stream in HD and even 4K without interruption.
Not only is ExpressVPN one of the best VPNs for unblocking streaming websites, it’s also very easy to use. The app interface is one of the simplest we’ve seen. You can choose a location or have ExpressVPN automatically select a ‘Smart Location’ (the best location for you based on speed, latency and where you’re located). Overall, this is a great VPN for beginners. Even if you do encounter an issue, 24/7 customer support is available. We tested the live chat feature for ourselves and received a reply in seconds.
ExpressVPN states that it doesn’t keep any activity or connection logs of users. What’s more, ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands where there are no data retention laws. Overall, this is a very secure VPN to use with security features including 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, kill switch, and split tunneling. There’s also the option of paying for ExpressVPN with Bitcoin via BitPay.
ExpressVPN apps can be downloaded for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS as well as Amazon Fire TV and Linux. What’s more, ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer can be used to unblock Netflix on Apple TV, PlayStation, and Xbox.
- Fast speeds
- Unblocks Netflix US, UK, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer
- Beginner-friendly apps
- Friendly live chat support
- Provides a secure, encrypted connection
- Doesn’t log any personally identifiable information
- Perhaps lacking in configuration options for advanced users
BEST FOR NETFLIX:ExpressVPN is our top choice. Fast speeds for streaming and torrenting, Unblocks Netflix US, UK, and others, and works in China.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Special Offer - get 3 months extra FREEGET DEAL
NordVPN has over 5,000 servers in 62 countries, making it one of the largest VPN server networks. Having so many options means you’re unlikely to struggle with geo-restrictions. Indeed, NordVPN unblocks Netflix as well as the likes of Hulu and BBC iPlayer. This is a VPN that guarantees 99.9% uptime. We experienced consistent connections in our testing of NordVPN with Netflix. Fast speeds meant we were able to stream in high definition without any buffering.
We appreciated the convenience of the browser extensions while the NordVPN apps are easy to follow as well as responsive. NordVPN uses 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection and an automatic kill switch which ensures your data is not exposed should the connection drop. Equally important is the strict no logs policy. The Panama-based VPN also offers the option of paying with cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple). Should you have any questions, NordVPN has 24/7 live chat support which we found to be extremely quick and helpful, answering our query in less than a minute.
NordVPN apps are available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and Linux. It’s also one of the few VPNs to offer an app for Amazon Fire TV and Android TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available.
- 5,000+ servers worldwide
- Unblocks Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer and more
- Fast connection speeds
- Plenty of security features
- 24/7 live chat support
- Some unreliable servers
BUDGET CHOICE:NordVPN is a great value option. Packed with great security features, it works well for streaming and keeps no logs.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Save 75% with this limited deal on 3 year plansGET DEAL
CyberGhost is another VPN that successfully unblocks Netflix. It has a growing network of over 3,000 servers in 61 countries. We found speeds to be very fast which makes this VPN ideal for streaming Netflix. Indeed, we didn’t experience any issues with buffering or lag in our testing of Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Choosing a CyberGhost server is extremely quick and convenient with the added option of having CyberGhost automatically choose the best server for you based on your location. Furthermore, the CyberGhost apps are very user-friendly with some convenient features, such as an ad-blocker.
What makes CyberGhost an especially good value is that you can use it on up to 7 devices simultaneously. It’s also worth knowing that this VPN does offer 24/7 live support should you have any questions or encounter any issues. When it comes to security, we’ve found CyberGhost to be one of the best – it was the only company to receive a perfect score in our VPN privacy and security scoresheet. It has a no logs policy, 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection and a kill switch. What’s more, there’s the option of anonymous payment with Bitcoin.
CyberGhost apps are available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and Amazon Fire Stick. However, Linux does require manual setup.
- Unblocks Netflix as well as Amazon Prime Video
- Very fast speeds for streaming
- Apps are easy to use
- Use on up to 7 devices
- Protects your privacy with no logs policy
- No app for Linux
BUDGET CHOICE:Cyberghost is a good choice for the budget conscious. Works with US Netflix and various other streaming services which are usually restricted by location.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Flash Sale - save 79% on the 3 year planGET DEAL
PrivateVPN offers very fast speeds and unblocks Netflix as well as BBC iPlayer and Amazon Prime Video. A smaller VPN with around 100 servers in 57 countries, it offers unlimited bandwidth. Despite the small network, PrivateVPN unblocks Netflix in more countries than any other VPN we know of, so you can access more exclusive geo-locked titles. The speed offered by PrivateVPN is impressive. We didn’t experience any buffering in our testing of HD content on Netflix. You can use your PrivateVPN account on up to 6 devices simultaneously, which we feel offers good value.
Beginners and experienced users alike will appreciate PrivateVPN since it offers both simple and advanced menus. There’s the option of activating a stealth VPN that helps bypass Deep Packet Inspection to bypass censorship. We’ve found PrivateVPN to be a secure solution thanks to 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection and a kill switch. You can buy PrivateVPN with Bitcoin. Last but not least, PrivateVPN maintains a zero data logging policy.
PrivateVPN apps can be downloaded for the following: Windows, Mac, Android, Amazon Fire TV, and iOS. Linux requires manual configuration.
- One of the fastest VPNs
- Excellent for unblocking Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer among others
- Very user-friendly apps
- Up to 6 devices simultaneously
- Smaller network of servers
- Live chat rarely available
FAST SPEED:PrivateVPN lets you connect 6 devices on one account. Unblocks Netflix US, has fewer servers than some of the other VPNs but has fast connections.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Special Deal - save 83% on the 2 year planGET DEAL
Hide My Ass (HMA!) is a UK-based VPN service with almost 900 servers worldwide. Notably, HMA! has servers in more than 190 different countries – far more than most VPNs on the market. This is, therefore, a VPN that is great for not only unblocking Netflix but many geo-restricted sites around the world. We were able to stream Netflix in 1080p with no performance issues and have found it to be one of the faster VPNs on the market.
Another advantage of HMA! is that it offers 24/7 live chat support which is not always the case with VPNs. In our testing of this, we received a quick and helpful reply to our query. Furthermore, this VPN lets you protect up to 5 devices at once. In terms of security, HMA! is based in the UK and is therefore subject to data retention laws. While it does offer 256-bit AES encryption and a kill switch, it doesn’t offer DNS leak protection as a feature. What’s more, while HMA! has a no logs policy, it does log IP addresses and time stamps. HMA! states that this information is kept for 3 months before being wiped.
Hide My Ass apps are available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Linux can be manually configured.
- Servers in many countries worldwide
- Successfully unblocks Netflix
- Very fast connection speeds
- Offers live chat support, 24/7
- Slightly more expensive
- Logs IP addresses
GREAT FOR STREAMING:Hide My Ass unblocks Netflix US and UK. Very fast speeds. Great for streaming and has servers in more than 190 countries.
Read our full Hide My Ass review.
Get the dealGET DEAL
Can I watch Netflix with a free VPN?
Unfortunately, most free VPNs simply don’t work with Netflix. That’s because Netflix has implemented various anti-VPN measures in recent years. Generally, only the best VPNs have been able to find ways around Netflix’s geo-restrictions. Free VPNs have too few servers that are quickly blacklisted by Netflix, causing error m7111-5059. What’s more, even if you’re lucky enough to unblock Netflix with a free VPN, the performance is likely to be comparatively poor due to limits on bandwidth and the sheer number of users trying to take advantage of the free service.
We also advise against free VPNs because they lack the security of paid VPNs. It’s important to find a VPN that offers 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection and a kill switch. Such security features ensure that you can browse the web safely without the risk of your data being compromised. Unfortunately, some free VPNs contain malware and spam ads. Last but not least, a truly safe VPN should have a very strict no logs policy. The problem is that some free VPNs actually log your activity and sell this information to the highest bidder. For these reasons, we don’t think a free VPN is worth the hassle.
Common Netflix m7111 errors explained
Any Netflix error code that starts with “m7111” indicates some sort of network or browser problem that prevents the video from loading. Error m7111-5059 specifically refers to the proxy error that kicks in whenever Netflix detects you using a VPN or some other type of proxy. Netflix has a blacklist of known VPN servers blocked from accessing video, instead returning the proxy error message to users.
VPN users might occasionally encounter other m7111 error codes, including:
- M7111-1101 – try clearing your cookies and browser cache.
- M7111-1331 – sometimes occurs if you use bookmarks to access Netflix. Try typing in the URL manually.
- M7111-1309 – seems to mainly affect Chrome users. Try disabling browser extensions.
What can I watch on Netflix?
Netflix offers an extensive library of movies and TV shows including its own original content. Some of the most popular titles on Netflix at the time of writing include the following:
- Stranger Things
- The Godfather
- Master of None
- Black Panther
- Orange is the New Black
- The Haunting of Hill House
- No Country for Old Men
- House of Cards
- Breaking Bad
- 1 How to fix error code m7111-1331-5059
- 2 Which VPNs still work with Netflix?
- 3 Best VPNs to fix Netflix Error m7111-1331-5059
- 4 1. ExpressVPN
- 5 Special Offer - get 3 months extra FREE
- 6 2. NordVPN
- 7 Save 75% with this limited deal on 3 year plans
- 8 3. CyberGhost
- 9 Flash Sale - save 79% on the 3 year plan
- 10 4. PrivateVPN
- 11 Special Deal - save 83% on the 2 year plan
- 12 5. Hide My Ass!
- 13 Get the deal
- 14 Can I watch Netflix with a free VPN?
- 15 Common Netflix m7111 errors explained
- 16 What can I watch on Netflix?