Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059 and m7111-5059 include the following message:
“You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
While error code m7111-1331-5059 can be very annoying, there’s an easy solution! If you’re already using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), this means that the VPN simply doesn’t work with Netflix. Or, at the very least, the IP address you’re using has been blacklisted. While it’s worth trying a few more servers, it’s likely that you’ll need a better VPN if you want to resolve Netflix error m7111-5059.
How to fix Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059
Luckily, it’s not hard to fix Netflix streaming error code m7111-1331-5059. This is a streaming error caused by Netflix detecting the use of a VPN or proxy connection service.
Here’s how to fix Netflix error code: m7111-1331-5059
- Sign up with one of the 5 VPNs listed in this post. We particularly recommend NordVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app that’s compatible with your streaming device.
- Open the VPN app and connect to a server in your home country. This changes your IP address and allows you to access the content.
- Go to Netflix. Its content should now be available to stream in your location and you should no longer see Netflix streaming error code m7111-1331-5059.
- Doesn’t work? You may need to clear your cookies. Otherwise, try connecting to another server and changing your IP address. Failing this, your VPN’s customer support may be able to provide further assistance.
GET A 30-DAY FREE TRIAL OF NORDVPN
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30 day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Netflix with no restrictions for a month - great if you're going on vacation and want to watch your favorite Netflix shows.
There are no hidden terms - just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
What is Netflix error code m7111-5059?
Any Netflix error code that starts with “m7111” indicates some sort of network or browser problem that prevents the video from loading. Error m7111-5059 specifically refers to the proxy server error that kicks in whenever Netflix detects you using a VPN or some other type of proxy connection. Netflix has a blacklist of known VPN servers blocked from accessing video, instead returning the proxy error message to users.
VPN users might occasionally encounter other m7111 error codes, including:
- M7111-1101: Try clearing your cookies and browser cache.
- M7111-1331: Sometimes occurs if you use bookmarks to access Netflix. Try typing in the URL manually.
- M7111-1309: Seems to mainly affect Chrome users. Try disabling browser extensions.
Which VPNs still work with Netflix?
There are many VPNs on the market but few work reliably with Netflix. We’ve searched high and low to find high-quality VPNs that do exactly that. Our research involved looking for VPNs that met the following criteria:
- Works with Netflix US (and ideally other Netflix libraries)
- Large network of servers around the world
- High speed and reliable connections for high-quality streaming
- Strong online security and privacy including encryption and a no-logs policy
- Fast and efficient customer support, preferably with a live chat feature
- Money-back guarantee so you can try the VPN risk-free
If you don’t have time to read all the details in this post, here is our list of the best VPN services to fix Netflix error m7111-5059:
- NordVPN: The best VPN for Netflix. 5,000+ servers and fast speeds for streaming. Specialty P2P servers available. 24/7 support and a strict no-logs policy.
- Surfshark: Best value VPN. Works with over 30 Netflix libraries. Fastest VPN tested. Allows unlimited simultaneous connections. Offers Double VPN servers.
- ExpressVPN: Servers in 94 countries for use with Netflix worldwide. High-speed connections and unlimited bandwidth. Excellent apps and 24/7 support.
- CyberGhost: Vast network of 7,000+ servers in 90 countries. Use on up to seven devices at once. Strict no-logs service with its own password manager.
- IPVanish: Unlimited simultaneous connections per account. Good speeds for streaming Netflix while abroad. Zero-logs policy and uses high-end encryption.
- PrivateVPN: Smaller VPN service with no bandwidth throttling. Works with Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and more. Beginner-friendly apps and strict no-logs policy.
- Hotspot Shield: Offers servers in 80 countries including the US for use with Netflix US. Doesn’t keep identifying logs and offers lots of security features.
Best VPNs to fix Netflix Error m7111-1331-5059
Here’s our list of the best VPNs to fix Netflix streaming error code m7111-1331-5059:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN has a huge server network with over 5,000 servers in 60 countries, which is actually one of the largest VPN server networks. NordVPN works well with Netflix as well as the likes of Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer. NordVPN has it’s own proprietary protocol called NordLynx, based on the WireGuard protocol. NordLynx delivers industry-leading speeds and during our testing we were able to stream in high definition and even 4K without any buffering.
NordVPN uses 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection and an automatic kill switch which ensures your data is not exposed should the connection drop. Equally important is the strict no-logs policy. The Panama-based VPN also offers the option of paying with cryptocurrency. Should you have any questions, NordVPN has 24/7 live chat support which we found to be extremely quick and helpful.
NordVPN apps are available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available. Wireless routers can be configured manually.
- 5,000+ servers in 60 countries worldwide
- Works with Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and more
- Fast connection speeds combined with unlimited bandwidth
- Plenty of security features to keep your internet traffic secure
- 24/7 live chat and email support
- Connect up to six devices at once
- Victim of a data breach in 2018
BEST VPN FOR NETFLIX:NordVPN is extremely fast and works well with Netflix. Packed with great security features and keeps no logs. Try it risk-free thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark has plenty of server locations in 65 countries, and can securely access Netflix from anywhere. With fast speeds delivered over the WireGuard protocol, consistent connections, and excellent everyday potential, this is a strong choice for anyone looking to stream. What’s more, Surfshark doesn’t have a connection limit. As such, it allows you to browse and stream safely across all of your devices.
This VPN hides your network traffic using 256-bit encryption and protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks. Further, there’s a kill switch in every version, ensuring you never browse unprotected. Although you can sign up almost completely anonymously (using cryptocurrency and a disposable email address), this isn’t necessary as Surfshark doesn’t log any information that could identify you.
This service offers apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available. Manual configuration is required for use with supported wifi routers.
- Works with more than 30 Netflix libraries
- Fastest speeds we’ve tested — stream Netflix lag-free
- Operates a strict no-logs policy
- Strong focus on security with Double VPN servers
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections per account
- Occasionally slow to connect to servers
Read our full Surfshark review.
BEST VALUE VPN:Surfshark is inexpensive and works with 30+ Netflix libraries. You can connect as many devices as you like. Strong security and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN lets users securely access not just Netflix but other popular streaming services including Amazon Prime Video. There’s no shortage of servers with over 3,000 in 94 countries. As such, you’ll have no problem watching Netflix US or even Netflix Japan. When it comes to streaming with ExpressVPN, the quality is excellent. We were able to stream in HD and even 4K without interruption.
24/7 customer support is available. We tested the live chat feature for ourselves and received a reply in seconds. ExpressVPN states that it doesn’t keep any activity or connection logs of users. What’s more, ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands where there are no data retention laws. Overall, this is a very secure VPN to use with security features including 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch.
ExpressVPN apps can be downloaded for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux as well as Amazon Fire TV and Android TV. Browser extensions are offered for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge while there’s even custom firmware for routers.
- Fast server speeds coupled with no bandwidth throttling
- Works well with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and more
- Beginner-friendly apps and excellent customer support
- Provides a secure, encrypted connection
- Doesn’t log any personally identifiable information
- Slightly more expensive than others in this list
GREAT FOR STREAMING:ExpressVPN works with numerous Netflix libraries. Offers fast speeds for streaming and torrenting. Keeps no logs, and even works in China. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost is another VPN that lets you fix Netflix streaming error code m7111-1331-5059. It has a growing network of over 7,000 servers in 90 countries. We found speeds to be very fast which makes this VPN ideal for streaming your favorite movies on Netflix. Indeed, we didn’t experience any issues with buffering or lag in our testing. What makes CyberGhost an especially good value is that you can use it on up to 7 devices simultaneously.
It’s also worth knowing that this VPN does offer 24/7 live support should you have any questions or encounter any issues. When it comes to security, we’ve found CyberGhost to be one of the best – it was the only company to receive a perfect score in our VPN privacy and security scoresheet. It has a no logs policy, 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection and a kill switch. What’s more, there’s the option of anonymous payment with Bitcoin.
CyberGhost apps are available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. You can also use it via Chrome and Firefox browser extensions. It’s also compatible with select routers but this requires manual setup.
- Huge network of 7,000+ servers in 90 countries
- High-speed connections and unlimited bandwidth
- Use it on up to 7 devices simultaneously
- Protects your privacy with a strict no-logs policy
- Now offers a password manager (currently in beta)
- Doesn’t work in China or the UAE
7,000+ SERVERS:CyberGhost is a good choice for the budget conscious. Works with Netflix US and allows seven simultaneous connections. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish can be used to access Netflix US and provides good, consistent speeds so you can watch it lag and buffer-free. Overall, its network consists of approximately 1,900 servers in dozens of countries, making it an ideal option if you’re traveling abroad. One of the best features of IPVanish however, is the fact that it allows unlimited simultaneous connections per account (most only allow up to five or six).
With a zero-logs policy, IPVanish will let you browse and stream with your identity intact. Indeed, your security is safeguarded with an impressive range of security features including 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection. If it’s your first time using a VPN, you’ll appreciate just how quick and easy it is to connect to a server. Furthermore, 24/7 support is available via live chat and email.
To use IPVanish, you’ll need to download one of its apps for desktop (Windows and Mac), mobile (Android and iOS), or Amazon Fire TV. IPVanish provides manual setup instructions in case you wish to use it with Linux or your router.
- Connect as many devices as you like simultaneously
- Good, consistent speeds for streaming Netflix
- Operates a no-logs policy so you can stay anonymous
- Includes 24 hour live chat and email support
- Headquartered in the US which is a Five Eyes member
- Email support can be slow to reply
UNLIMITED DEVICES:IPVanish stands out for allowing unlimited simultaneous connections. Nearly 2,000 servers and no bandwidth throttling. Works with Netflix US. Zero-logs service with 24/7 support. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN offers very fast speeds and works with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer. A smaller VPN with around 200 servers in 60+ countries, it offers unlimited bandwidth. The speed and streaming quality offered by PrivateVPN is impressive. We didn’t experience any buffering in our testing of HD content on Netflix. You can use your PrivateVPN account on up to 6 devices simultaneously.
Beginners and experienced users alike will appreciate PrivateVPN since it offers both simple and advanced menus. There’s the option of activating a stealth VPN that helps bypass online censorship. We’ve found PrivateVPN to be a secure solution thanks to 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection and a kill switch. Last but not least, PrivateVPN maintains a strict no-logs policy.
PrivateVPN apps can be downloaded for the following: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Linux and routers require manual configuration.
- Very fast server speeds for lag and buffer-free streaming of Netflix
- Works with many other popular streaming services
- Very user-friendly apps as well as live chat and email support
- Highly secure VPN service with encryption and no-logs policy
- Smaller network of servers
- Live chat support isn’t available 24/7
FAST SPEED:PrivateVPN lets you connect 6 devices on one account. Works with Netflix US. Fewer servers than some of the other VPNs but has fast connections. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Editor’s Note: Hotspot Shield is owned by Pango, Comparitech’s parent company.
Hotspot Shield now offers servers in as many as 80 countries, allowing you to visit your favorite websites and services while traveling overseas. Aside from Netflix US, it works with both Amazon Prime Video and Hulu. The consistent connections are thanks to unlimited bandwidth which means you don’t have to worry about low resolution or lag.
Once signed up with Hotspot Shield, you can secure up to five devices at once. There’s even 24/7 support which is available via live chat and email. Security starts with 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection from DNS leaks. Unlike most VPN services, Hotspot Shield even offers a password manager and spam call blocker. It doesn’t keep any logs by which you can be identified either.
Fix Netflix error codes by connecting to a Hotspot Shield server for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, or Android TV. You can also manually configure this VPN to work with Linux or your router. A Chrome browser extension is also offered.
- Connect to servers in 80 countries worldwide
- Use it to stream Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- Access live chat and email support 24 hours a day
- Lots of security features including encryption and a kill switch
- Some past privacy concerns
- Doesn’t accept an anonymous payment method (cryptocurrency)
SERVERS IN 80 COUNTRIES: Hotspot Shield has a network that covers 80 countries. Works with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Includes 24/7 support and provides comprehensive security features. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Hotspot Shield review.
Can I watch Netflix with a free VPN?
Unfortunately, most free VPNs simply don’t work with Netflix. That’s because Netflix has implemented various anti-VPN measures in recent years. Free VPN service providers have too few servers that are quickly blacklisted by Netflix, causing error m7111-5059. What’s more, even if you’re lucky enough to fix Netflix streaming error code m7111-1331-5059 and regain access to Netflix with a free VPN active, the performance is likely to be comparatively poor due to limits on bandwidth and the sheer number of users trying to take advantage of the free service.
We also advise against free VPNs because they lack the security of paid VPNs. It’s important to find a VPN that offers 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection and a kill switch. Such security features ensure that you can browse the web safely without the risk of your data being compromised. Unfortunately, some free VPNs contain malware and spam ads. Last but not least, a truly safe VPN should have a very strict no logs policy. The problem is that some free VPNs actually log your activity and sell this information to the highest bidder. For these reasons, we don’t think a free VPN is worth the hassle.
What can I watch on Netflix?
Netflix offers an extensive library of movies and TV shows including its own original online content. While content can vary by country due to copyright restrictions, here are some of the most popular Netflix original series you’re likely to find:
- Stranger Things
- Money Heist
- 13 Reasons Why
- Emily in Paris
- The Queen’s Gambit
- Tiger King
- The Umbrella Academy
- BoJack Horseman
If you want to watch shows from other country catalogs you can use a VPN to change Netflix region.
m7111 Netflix Error: FAQs
Will Netflix ban you for using a VPN?
No, Netflix is not going to ban you for using a VPN. While Netflix does have the right to restrict your access if you breach its terms of service, this is not something it actually does. Many people use VPNs to access their usual Netflix library while traveling abroad without having their accounts banned. At worst, you may find that the IP address you use is blocked. As such, you might want to try connecting to another server if this does happen.
Is it illegal to change your IP address for Netflix?
It’s not illegal to use a VPN to change your IP address for Netflix. However, it’s worth knowing that it is technically against the streaming platform’s terms of service. This is because Netflix has licensing agreements that result in content being region-locked. While Netflix can restrict your access for using a VPN to change your IP address, it doesn’t have a history of taking action other than blocking a specific IP address.
How to fix M7111-5059 Netflix error on my smart TV?
There are a number of ways to fix the M7111-5059 error on your smart TV. One option is to manually install the VPN on your router. However, you can also find routers that are pre-flashed with VPN software. Alternatively, you could download the VPN app directly if you’re using an Android smart TV. Aside from Android, some VPNs also offer apps for Amazon Fire TV (Amazon Fire TV Stick). Last but not least, you can fix the M7111-5050 error by using a Smart DNS service such as ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer.
How does Netflix know if I’m using a VPN?
Netflix uses your IP address to identify your location. When you use a VPN, you’re assigned a new, temporary IP address. However, most VPNs use shared address allocation. This means multiple users using the same IP addresses. If Netflix associates an IP address with a VPN, it’s likely to be blocked as a result. This means Netflix will be unavailable if you try to access it using the blacklisted IP address.