Can’t unblock Singapore websites and services abroad? You’ll need a Singapore IP address to bypass such restrictions. The easiest way to get a Singapore IP address is with a VPN. Short for Virtual Private Network, a VPN encrypts your device’s internet traffic, routing it to one of its servers. By connecting to a VPN server in Singapore, you’ll be able to unblock your favorite content from anywhere.
How to get a Singapore IP address
It’s quick and easy to get an IP address for Singapore. Read on for step-by-step instructions on what to do:
Here’s how to get a Singapore IP address
- Sign up for a VPN service with servers in Singapore. We particularly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app or browser extension for your device, making sure to select the correct version for your operating system.
- Open the VPN app or browser extension and connect to a server in Singapore.
- Go to the Singapore website or service which should now be unblocked.
- If you’re having trouble, clear your browser’s cache and cookies. Alternatively, connect to another server or get in touch with your VPN’s customer support.
TIP: HOW TO GET A PAID VPN FOR FREE:
Signing up with a VPN doesn’t have to mean a long-term commitment. The very best VPNs let you try their service risk-free. ExpressVPN is no exception, offering a 30-day money-back guarantee. While you have to enter payment details and make a payment, ExpressVPN processes all refund requests within the first 30 days, no questions asked.
If you’re short of time, here’s a quick summary list of the best VPNs to get an IP address for Singapore:
- ExpressVPN: Our top choice for getting an IP address for Singapore! Very reliable in Singapore. Fast and unblocks most restricted content. Excellent 24/7 support and security with encryption. Includes 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: Best budget option. Impressive 113 servers in Singapore and 5,700 worldwide. Unblocks Netflix. User-friendly apps, no-logs policy, 24/7 support.
- CyberGhost: Fast and reliable VPN service with 48 servers in Singapore. Up to seven simultaneous connections. Highly secure with a strict no-logs policy.
- IPVanish: Use on up to 10 devices simultaneously. Unblocks Netflix US and many popular Singapore websites. No-logs policy and live chat support.
- PrivateVPN: High-speed VPN for unblocking streaming services. Easy to use apps for desktop and mobile. Protects privacy with encryption and no logs.
- Surfshark: Unlimited simultaneous connections. Servers in 50+ countries, including Singapore. 24/7 customer support and secure strict no-logs policy.
There’s a lot of choices when it comes to VPNs. However, not all VPNs offer the same quality of service or even the same features.
We’ve therefore taken the time to research the best VPNs for a Singapore IP address. In order to qualify, VPNs had to meet the following criteria:
Criteria for selecting the best VPNs
- Servers in Singapore and dozens of countries worldwide
- Fast and consistent speeds for high definition streaming
- Able to unblock popular streaming services
- High level of security with encryption and a kill switch
- Customer support, preferably available via live chat
- User-friendly apps for both desktop and mobile
What are the best VPNs to get a Singapore IP address?
Here’s our full rundown of the best VPNs for getting an IP address for Singapore:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN has servers in Jurong, Marina Bay, and the Central Business District (CBD) of Singapore. Having tested them on a number of websites and services, we can say with confidence that ExpressVPN is the best VPN to get an IP address for Singapore. Not only are ExpressVPN servers fast, but they’re also remarkably consistent. This allowed us to stream TV shows and movies in 1080p with no buffering or lag. Indeed, ExpressVPN excels at unblocking geo-restricted streaming services including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu.
This Singapore VPN offers user-friendly apps as well as quick and convenient browser extensions. Connecting to a server is very simple and you have a choice of over 3,000 in 94 countries – far more than most VPNs. Despite being easy to use, ExpressVPN offers 24/7 support which we found to be extremely quick and helpful in answering our queries. We like that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee so it can be tried out risk-free.
Security is clearly important to ExpressVPN which uses 256-bit AES encryption to protect your data. Also included is DNS leak protection, split tunneling, and a kill switch that cuts your internet traffic should the VPN connection drop (this prevents your data from being leaked to your ISP). ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands, far removed from the Five Eyes alliance. It doesn’t keep any identifying logs of users.
ExpressVPN apps are available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and routers. ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer is a smart DNS proxy that allows you to use it with select smart TVs and media consoles. Browser extensions are offered for Chrome and Firefox.
- Fast and consistent servers in Singapore
- Unblocks streaming services such as Netflix and BBC iPlayer
- User-friendly apps for beginners
- Excellent 24/7 customer support
- Plenty of security features including encryption
- Also offers apps for Linux and routers
- A little more expensive than other providers
BEST VPN FOR SINGAPORE:ExpressVPN is our #1 recommendation. Offers fast and consistent servers in Singapore. Unblocks most streaming services such as Netflix and has excellent, user-friendly apps. You can try it risk-free with the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN offers plenty of servers in Singapore, allowing you to easily unblock geo-restricted content. Overall, NordVPN has an impressive 113 servers in Singapore and over 5,700 across 60 countries worldwide. This high quantity of servers is combined with high-quality performance. Fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth make NordVPN a good choice for unblocking streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. What’s more, NordVPN is great value because you can use it on up to six devices at once.
We found NordVPN’s apps to be well-designed and intuitive. Navigating servers is easy. Each listing displays the current server load and gives you the option to favorite specific servers. Security is strong with NordVPN offering 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. You can use NordVPN with peace of mind as it also has a no-logs policy and is based in Panama where there is no mandatory data retention law.
NordVPN apps are offered for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and Android TV. Browser extensions are available for Chrome and Firefox. However, Linux and routers require manual installation.
- 113 servers in Singapore (far more than most VPNs)
- Plenty of fast and consistent servers
- Unblocks Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and more
- Use on up to six devices at once
- Secure with encryption and a strict no-logs policy
- Some servers are a little unreliable
BUDGET OPTION:NordVPN offers great value thanks to its many high quality servers (113 in Singapore). Unblocks Netflix and can be used on up to six devices simultaneously. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost is an easy-to-use VPN that offers 48 servers in Singapore. With a network of thousands of servers across 60 countries, it’s one of the larger VPNs on the market. Fast and very reliable, CyberGhost is unlikely to cause you any problems. You can use CyberGhost to unblock all sorts of restricted content including US Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Aside from offering unlimited bandwidth, CyberGhost allows you to have simultaneous connections on up to seven devices.
While live chat support is offered, CyberGhost’s apps are simple enough for beginners to use. A series of toggle buttons let you activate features such as an ad-blocker and force the use of HTTPS on websites. There’s plenty of security features too with 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and an automatic kill switch. CyberGhost is based in Romania and your information is protected through its strict no-logs policy.
CyberGhost apps can be downloaded for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon TV and Fire Stick. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also offered. Linux and routers require manual setup.
- Plenty of servers in Singapore (48) and thousands worldwide
- Unblock restricted content such as Netflix US
- Up to seven simultaneous connections
- Apps and browser extensions are easy to use for beginners
- Very secure with a strict no-logs policy
- Unable to block some streaming services
STRONG SECURITY:CyberGhost is a very secure VPN service with a no-logs policy. It’s fast and has many servers in Singapore and worldwide. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 7 DAYS
IPVanish lets you have as many as 10 simultaneous connections on multiple devices, making this a great value VPN. What’s more, IPVanish has 18 servers available in Singapore and more than 1,300 in dozens of countries. Not only is IPVanish fast, but it’s also very reliable and is a popular choice among Kodi users thanks to its ease of use and compatibility. With this VPN, you’ll be able to unblock the likes of Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer.
Having tested the apps of IPVanish, we can say that they’re easy to use. It’s possible to search servers by region and country as well as filter by latency. Should you encounter any issues, IPVanish offers 24/7 customer support that is fast to reply via the live chat feature. This VPN service states that it keeps zero traffic logs. Aside from using 256-bit AES encryption, IPVanish offers DNS and IPv6 leak protection and a kill switch.
IPVanish apps are available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV. Manual configuration is required for Linux and routers.
- Fast and reliable VPN service
- Easy to use with Kodi
- Connect up to 10 devices simultaneously
- Keeps zero traffic logs
- Apps aren’t the most eye-catching
- Based in the US which is in the Five Eyes alliance
IDEAL FOR FAMILIES:IPVanish lets you connect up to 10 devices via a single account. It’s fast and great with Kodi though it’s based in the USA (a Five Eyes member). 7-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN is a smaller VPN service with around 100 servers. However, its network extends across 60 countries, Singapore included. What makes PrivateVPN stand out is its speed. This is a very fast VPN that makes streaming movies and TV shows stress-free. Able to unblock Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer, PrivateVPN grants you six simultaneous connections. As such, PrivateVPN is a very good option for families.
Those who aren’t particularly knowledgeable about VPNs will particularly appreciate PrivateVPN’s simplicity. The app interfaces are clean and minimalistic, making it easy to select servers and configure settings. This Sweden-based VPN has a zero data-logging policy and states it doesn’t know what users are doing online. It also provides 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a built-in kill switch.
PrivateVPN offers apps for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Manual setup is required for Linux and routers.
- Very fast speeds for HD streaming
- Unblocks Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and more
- Connect up to six devices simultaneously
- Apps are very user-friendly
- Only has a small network of servers
- Live chat isn’t available 24/7
GREAT FOR NETFLIX:PrivateVPN is a very fast VPN service that unblocks many streaming services. It offers user-friendly apps, though live chat support isn’t 24/7. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is worth considering if you’re planning on sharing your VPN with family. That’s because it allows an unlimited number of simultaneous connections. This VPN offers around 800 servers in 50 countries, including Singapore. It can be used to unblock all sorts of geo-blocked content, be it Netflix or Skype. Speeds are generally good for streaming which means you can watch without interruption.
This is a convenient service thanks to the beginner-friendly apps and browser extensions offered. There’s also 24/7 live chat and email support and a number of useful features such as an ad-blocker. Surfshark is headquartered in the British Virgin Islands and operates a strict no-logs policy. Security features include 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection from DNS and IPv6 leaks.
Choose Surfshark and you’ll be able to download apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV. There’s also Chrome and Firefox browser extensions. Manual configuration is necessary for Linux and compatible routers.
- Lets you connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously
- Servers in more than 50 countries, including Vietnam
- Easy-to-use service with excellent apps and 24/7 customer support
- No-logs VPN with plenty of security features such as encryption
- Not the largest network of servers
- Doesn’t offer an app for Linux
PERFECT FOR SHARING: with families as it lets you connect an unlimited number of devices. Servers in Singapore and in dozens of countries worldwide. No-logs VPN with 24/7 support. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Are VPNs legal in Singapore?
The use of VPNs in Singapore is legal. Indeed, using a Singapore VPN is often necessary. A lot of content is geo-restricted, which means you have to be in a specific country in order to access it. What’s more, the Singapore government has been known to censor internet content, including pornography.
Why do I need a VPN for Singapore?
Singapore’s internet has consistently been rated as only “partly free” by Freedom House in Freedom on the Net in recent years. The introduction of the Public Order and Safety Act in March 2018 saw the expansion of police powers, allowing them to ban communications in the event of a “serious incident”.
Singapore’s Broadcasting Act, enforced by the Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA), dictates that Internet Service Providers (ISPs) filter content that is judged to be “undesirable, harmful, or obscene”. According to Freedom House, IMDA blocks approximately 100 websites, the majority of which are pornographic sites.
Aside from helping you access government-censored content, a VPN lets you unblock geo-restricted content. Furthermore, a VPN for Singapore improves your online security as your ISP won’t be able to see what you’re doing online. This is why it’s important to look for a VPN that offers a no-logs policy.
How can I watch Singapore TV abroad with a VPN?
It’s easy to watch Singapore TV abroad. All you need to do is connect to a server in Singapore via your VPN. This should allow you to unblock any geo-restricted content you’re likely to come across. You may need to try more than one server and clear your browser’s cookies in order for changes to take effect.
If you’re outside Singapore, you’ll be able to watch content from Singapore TV channels such as Channel 5 HD and Suria HD. You’ll also be able to access MediaCorp’s online service Toggle and the popular OTT video service Viu. Having a VPN with servers in other countries such as the US can unblock streaming services including Netflix, ESPN, and Hulu.
Can I use a free VPN to get an IP address for Singapore?
Few free VPNs have servers in Singapore. We don’t recommend them for the following reasons:
1. Free VPNs are not safe. Not only do many free VPNs lack many essential security features such as advanced encryption, some knowingly compromise your online security. In particular, free VPNs often spam you with irritating, irrelevant ads. Some carry malware while others even collect your data and sell it to third parties.
2. Free VPNs are slow. One reason why many people use a VPN is to unblock Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and ESPN. However, many free VPNs can’t even unblock these. Those that can often suffer from performance issues such as buffering and lag. This isn’t surprising because free VPNs tend to have too many users and too few servers.
3. Free VPNs lack features. As you’d expect, a free service is unlikely to be packed with features. Paid VPNs often let you connect multiple devices simultaneously, offer easy-to-use browser extensions and even specialty servers that provide more security. Free VPNs tend to be a lot more limited overall.
See also: Best VPNs for Singapore
Is torrenting legal in Singapore?
Torrenting is legal in Singapore. However, as in many countries, distributing and downloading copyrighted content is illegal. While we don’t condone the downloading of copyrighted material, we do advise the use of a VPN when torrenting. The reason for this is that your ISP can monitor your internet use but a VPN helps to hide your activity. The best VPNs for torrenting are those that are fast, don’t keep identifying logs and are based in countries without mandatory data retention laws.
- 1 How to get a Singapore IP address
- 2 What are the best VPNs to get a Singapore IP address?
- 3 1. ExpressVPN
- 4 2. NordVPN
- 5 3. CyberGhost
- 6 4. IPVanish
- 7 5. PrivateVPN
- 8 6. Surfshark
- 9 Are VPNs legal in Singapore?
- 10 Why do I need a VPN for Singapore?
- 11 How can I watch Singapore TV abroad with a VPN?
- 12 Can I use a free VPN to get an IP address for Singapore?
- 13 Is torrenting legal in Singapore?