Like most major streaming platforms, Match TV is geographically restricted. If you try to play anything on Match TV when traveling outside Russia, you’ll simply see the following error: “bидeo нeдocтyпho для пpоcmoтpa иэ Baшeй cтpaны”. Loosely translated, this says, “Video is unsuitable for viewing in your country.” To prevent this and watch Match TV from anywhere, you just need a VPN so you can connect to a Russian VPN server back home.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) run your internet traffic through an encrypted tunnel to a server in the location of your choice – in this case, Russia. This changes your IP address and makes it appear as if you are connecting from within the country. Match TV will see this and allow you access to all your usual content. Another benefit of this is that your data will be encrypted and unreadable by hackers, your employer, or the government. Naturally, if you’re in a country with widespread online surveillance (like Russia), the privacy VPNs offer can be extremely appealing.
The tricky part is that the VPN you choose must have servers in Russia to make this work, and those VPNs are few are far between. We’ve done the leg work for you and put together this list of quality VPNs with Russian servers to enable you to access Match TV from anywhere. Don’t have time to read the whole article? We’ll start with a quick summary.
Best VPNs for watching Match TV
- CyberGhost: The #1 VPN for watching Match TV. Easy to use provider with 60 secure Russian servers to choose from. Also has powerful privacy tools and great streaming potential. Comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- PrivateVPN: A no-logs VPN that boasts exceptional speed, unblocking ability, and security. Works flawlessly with Match TV and lets you stream safely from anywhere in the world.
- VyprVPN: This privacy-first service keeps no logs and boasts some of the strongest security features around. No issues unblocking popular streaming services from abroad.
- Hotspot Shield: Quick and versatile, with servers in 80+ countries, Russia included. Works with Match TV, Netflix, and more. Offers a solid set of security tools.
- ZenMate: Servers in 80+ countries, including Russia. User-friendly browser extensions, unlimited connection allowance, and a 7-day free trial.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK-FREE?
CyberGhost is offering a fully featured, risk-free, 45-day trial if you sign up on this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for accessing Match TV anywhere with no restrictions for a month—perfect for short trips abroad.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide CyberGhost isn't right for you, and you'll get a full refund. Start your CyberGhost trial here.
How to watch Match TV from anywhere using a VPN
Don’t worry if you’ve never used a VPN before, once you’ve found a good one, accessing Match TV is pretty easy. Just follow this step-by-step guide adn you’ll be streaming in no time.
Here’s how to watch Match TV from anywhere:
- First, sign up for a suitable VPN provider. We recommend CyberGhost.
- Next, download the app and install it on whichever device you’d like to stream on, making sure to choose the right version for your device.
- Log in and connect to any of the available Russian VPN servers. This hides your real IP address and makes Match TV think that you’re actually in Russia.
- Try playing a video on Match TV. It should begin right away.
- If you’re still seeing an error, clearing your cookies and cache should fix most issues. For help with persistent problems, we recommend contacting your VPN’s support team directly.
How we choose the best VPNs for Match TV
Jargon and technical specifications are some of the first things any newcomer sees when they visit a VPN website. However, deciding which VPN to use doesn’t need to be difficult. Rather than trying to find one service that’s the best at everything, it’s usually better to opt for a VPN that does everything reasonably well. That’s why, when making our decisions, we looked for providers that offer all of the following:
- Russian Servers capable of unblocking Match TV
- Consistently high speeds and unlimited bandwidth
- The ability to access a variety of streaming services abroad
- Bulletproof encryption, plus plenty of other advanced security tools
- A privacy-first logging policy that can’t be used to identify you
- User-friendly apps for a wide range of operating system.
You can read more about how we test and rank the VPNs we recommend in our methodology section below. For now, let’s take a look at the ones that made the cut.
The best VPNs for Match TV
Match TV is region-locked, but the main issue isn’t that its protections are hard to bypass. Rather, only a handful of reputable providers have Russian servers. We’ve collected the best of the bunch here.
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for accessing Match TV from anywhere:
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost is our first pick for accessing MAtch TV abroad. With 60 fast and reliable Russian servers (and over 9,000 elsewhere in the world), it makes watching Match TV abroad very simple and straightforward. There are even specific servers designed for accessing larger platforms like Disney+ and HBO. Up to seven devices can be connected at any one time.
All of this VPN’s security features come pre-configured. These include a kill switch, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, 256-bit encryption, and an automatic ad-blocker. CyberGhost isn’t content to stop there, though: it also recently added WireGuard support and released its own password manager, plus a security checkup tool for Windows PCs. CyberGhost doesn’t log any data that could be used to identify you. 24/7 live chat is available to help with any problems.
CyberGhost has apps for MacOS, Linux, Windows, Android, and iOS devices. If you’d prefer, you can manually configure it for supported routers, thereby securing an entire network at once.
- More Russian servers than any other on this list
- Vast global network of servers
- Easily unblocks all kinds of streaming services
- Impressive selection of security and privacy features
- Perfect for anyone new to VPNs
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- May not be customizable enough for advanced users
BEST VPN FOR MATCH TV:CyberGhost is our #1 option. Offers a vast server network including 60+ in Russia, solid speeds, impressive unblocking ability, and a fantastic security toolkit. There’s also an especially generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
Check out our in-depth review of CyberGhost.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has expanded its network lately and now has around 200 servers in 63 countries, including Russia. It’s a particularly strong choice for watching TV, thanks to its very high speeds (averaging 71 Mbps) and incredible unblocking abilities. In fact, as well as Match TV, this VPN works with services like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and DAZN. Better still, users can secure up to 10 of their devices simultaneously.
This service goes above and beyond where your privacy is concerned. Its apps offer 256-bit encryption, protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks, a customizable kill switch, and a stealth mode that can help you bypass country-wide internet blocking. Further, PrivateVPN follows a no-logs policy and recently became its own hosting provider, ensuring no other company ever has access to your traffic. Support staff can be reached at almost any hour over live chat.
PrivateVPN users can install apps for Windows, Android, Linux, MacOS, and iOS. Select routers are supported, too, although these must be configured manually.
- Fast enough for almost any task
- No issues with Match TV or similar services
- Strong privacy credentials
- Allows up to 10 simultaneous connections
- Impressive unblocking abilities
- Only has one server in Russia
- Support is not quite 24/7
IMPRESSIVE SECURITY:PrivateVPN, as you might have guessed, values user privacy very highly. With a no-logs policy, some of the strongest protections around, and the ability to unblock Match TV from anywhere, it’s a highly versatile VPN. Also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For more info, take a look at the complete PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
VyprVPN has around 700 servers in 70+ locations, including Moscow. It’s also capable of accessing a huge range of streaming platforms, from Netflix to Match TV and everything in between. This VPN’s speeds aren’t the fastest we’ve seen, but they’re still enough for lag-free streaming.
Thanks to this service’s 256-bit encryption, kill switch, and protection against IPv6 and DNS leaks, it’s easy to stay safe online. What’s more, this VPN can connect automatically if you use a public Wi-Fi hotspot. WireGuard support arrived in a recent update. Finally, VyprVPN doesn’t keep any logs at all. 24/7 live chat is available in the unlikely event you have any issues.
VyprVPN apps are available for Linux, MacOS, Windows, iOS, and Android. If you’d like to protect an unlimited number of devices, you can also manually install the VPN on select routers.
- High enough speeds for flawless live streaming
- Reliable servers in Moscow
- One of the best for security and privacy
- Proven zero logs policy
- 24/7 live customer support
- Doesn’t accept Bitcoin payments
- Relatively small server network
VALUES PRIVACY:VyprVPN is a strong all-rounder, but security is where it really shines. Follows a strict zero-logs policy and ensures you can stream, torrent, or browse safely, wherever you are. Additionally, users can take advantage of a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Check out our comprehensive VyprVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Editor’s Note: Hotspot Shield is owned by Pango, Comparitech’s parent company.
Hotspot Shield users can choose from 1,800 servers in over 80 countries, making this provider a great choice for live-streaming TV abroad. There are specific servers designed to help you access platforms like Netflix US, but even the regular ones boast impressive unblocking abilities. For instance, the standard Russian servers work perfectly with Match TV. A maximum of five devices can be connected at once.
This provider uses 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks to help hide your activities from snoopers. That’s not all: the most recent versions of the apps include support for the IKEv2 protocol (instead of just the proprietary Hydra protocol) and a feature that connects automatically whenever you use an unsecured network. Hotspot Shield doesn’t store any personally identifiable info. Support staff can be reached day or night via email and live chat.
Hotspot Shield provides its own Android, iOS, Linux, MacOS, and Windows apps. A good range of wireless routers are supported too, though you’ll have to install the VPN manually.
- Specially-optimized streaming servers
- Steady and reliable speeds
- Provides a high level of privacy
- Keeps no personally identifiable information
- Users can’t sign up anonymously
- Had past privacy issues
GREAT FOR LIVE STREAMING:Hotspot Shield has plenty to offer, including specific servers for unblocking popular streaming services and a great set of security tools. There’s also 24/7 support, a no-logging policy, and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our detailed Hotspot Shield review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 days
ZenMate has a network of 4,700+ servers located in 80+ countries, including Russia, the UK, and the US. This VPN offers fast connection speeds and unlimited device connections so you can stream on all your devices at once. It has reliable accessing abilities and works with not just Match TV but international streaming platforms, too.
It’s also worth noting that aside from a 30-day money-back guarantee, ZenMate offers a 7-day free trial without any need for signup. ZenMate’s security features include 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. It also states that it keeps a strict no-logs policy, protecting your online privacy.
One of the best things about ZenMate is that it can be used on a wide range of devices. You can use ZenMate via the apps for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. There are also browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. Linux and routers require manual setup.
- Allows unlimited simultaneous connections
- Has a 7-day free trial without signup
- Browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox and Opera
- Occasional Slow server
- Doesn’t offer live chat support
7-DAY FREE TRIAL:ZenMate offers the chance to test out the service risk-free without the need to sign up. It also offers Russia as well as the US and UK. Connect unlimited devices simultaneously via beginner-friendly apps and browser extensions. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Want to know more? Check out our full ZenMate review.
Methodology: How we found the best VPNs for Match TV
Finding a VPN capable of unblocking a specific streaming platform can be difficult in and of itself. However, when the platform requires you to use Russian servers, there are additional privacy aspects to consider. We evaluated all of our selections on the following criteria to ensure we only recommend VPNs that are both safe and suitable for streaming Match TV abroad:
- Servers in Russia: Simply, without Russian servers, a VPN can’t unblock Match TV. One is technically enough, but ideally, we’d like as many as possible to choose from.
- Security features: Because of Russia’s online surveillance, your traffic’s security is paramount. We look for VPNs with uncrackable encryption, kill switches, and leak protection, as well as obfuscation features capable of evading country-wide censorship.
- Privacy: It has been claimed that the Russian government has previously seized VPN servers in an attempt to identify users. As such, the services we recommend must not keep any personally identifiable logs (and, preferably, no logs at all). Bonus points if they accept anonymous payment methods like Bitcoin.
- Speed: Slow speeds lead to laggy streams and could prevent you from watching high-definition video at all. All of the VPNs we recommend have to be at least capable of streaming 1080p video live
- Ease of use: All kinds of people use VPNs these days, so the services we suggest have to be simple enough for complete beginners. Any other aspects that improve usability (such as removing connection limits) are extremely welcome.
- Value for money: We examine all of the features that a service offers and compare it to similar VPNs on the market to see if it’s priced fairly. If it isn’t, it simply won’t make our list.
- Streaming services: What other services can the VPN access other than Match TV? We run a battery of tests to see if our recommendations work with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, and more.
The steps above are just the beginning of our more extensive VPN testing methodology, check out the full article if you want to dig deeper.
Streaming Match TV using a VPN: FAQs
Are VPNs legal in Russia?
Many people are understandably confused by Russia’s VPN law, especially with all of the coverage given to the “VPN ban” that came into effect in 2017. However, VPNs remain legal to use, provided you don’t use them to circumvent the country’s online restrictions. While the government is allowed to force VPNs to provide access to their servers, any provider worth its salt will have a no-logs policy, ensuring no identifiable data is revealed.
Data privacy legislation is extremely complex and differs from one country to another. If there’s any doubt in your mind about whether VPNs are legal in your location, we strongly advise you to consult your region’s laws before attempting to use one.
Can I watch Match TV with a free VPN?
The chances of being able to watch Match TV with a free VPN are vanishingly small. First of all, you’ll have to find one that offers Russian servers, which is no small task given that the majority tend to favor high-traffic locations like the US. The next challenge is getting a service that’s fast enough for live streaming that hasn’t already been blacklisted by every major streaming service.
Free VPNs come with significant security risks, too. Paid VPNs are extensively tested and continuously audited to ensure that they’re as secure as they claim. There are no such guarantees for free services. In fact, one survey found that 18% used no encryption at all, which would leave you wide open to Russian online surveillance. We strongly advise you to consider a provider’s security and privacy credentials rather than making a decision on price alone.
What can I watch on Match TV?
Match TV covers a broad range of different sports, so there’s something for almost everyone. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the platform’s biggest offerings:
- Volleyball’s League of Nations
- Judo World Championship
- Basketball VTB United League
- Rhythmic Gymnastics European Championship
- Weightlifting Russian Championship
- Bellator MMA
- Soccer World Cup qualifiers