You’re likely already aware of regional blocking. Netflix, for instance, changes its available content based on your location. However, some services go even further and are completely inaccessible outside of specific countries. In other words, you usually won’t be able to use Globoplay, SBT, or RedeTV while traveling outside of Brazil. Luckily it’s easy to bypass these restrictions by connecting to a Brazilian VPN server and gaining a Brazilian IP address. Not only that, but your VPN will encrypt your traffic, greatly enhancing your online privacy: it’s a win-win situation.
Not all VPN providers are capable of helping you get an IP address for Brazil, however. So in this article, we’ll list the best ones for the job as well as talking you through how to use them. We’ll go into detail on the providers who made our list, but in case you’re short on time, here’s a summary.
Best VPNs for a Brazil IP address:
- NordVPN: Our top VPN for obtaining a Brazilian IP address. Offers some of the highest speeds around, and its security is top-notch. No issues accessing popular platforms abroad. This service even offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, allowing you to try it risk-free.
- Surfshark: The best low-cost VPN for getting an IP address from Brazil. Boasts high-speed connections and above-average unblocking capabilities, and there’s no connection limit.
- ExpressVPN: A strong performer that’s known for its speedy servers and large network. Good range of security and privacy tools built-in. Great for watching Brazilian TV abroad.
- CyberGhost: This user-friendly service has servers specifically designed for unblocking Brazilian streaming platforms. Also boasts a solid security toolkit and 24/7 support.
- IPVanish: Connect all of your devices at once with this speedy, zero-logs VPN. Punches above its weight on security and unblocks plenty of streaming services.
- PrivateVPN: A zero-logs VPN with an impeccable record on privacy. An exceptional choice for anyone hoping to live stream Brazilian TV from abroad.
- Hotspot Shield: Provides quick and reliable Brazilian servers. Comes packed with security tools and works with a wide range of popular geo-blocked services.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use our #1 VPN for getting a Brazilian IP address for a full month with no restrictions or limits. As such, it’s ideal for browsing safely and staying up-to-date with TV from back home while on vacation abroad.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
How to get an IP address from Brazil while traveling abroad
Don’t worry, once you’ve chosen a VPN, getting connected is the easy part! Just follow the steps below.
Here’s how to get an IP address from Brazil from anywhere in the world:
- Start by signing up for one of the VPNs below. We recommend NordVPN.
- Next, download the app onto any device you use regularly. Most providers let you connect up to five devices at once, but the exact limit is different for each VPN.
- When you’re ready, log in and select a server in Brazil.
- You now have a Brazilian IP address, which should let you access Brazil-exclusive services like Globoplay from abroad.
- Not working? Clearing your cookies and reloading the page should fix the most common problems by getting rid of old location data. If it doesn’t, contact your VPN’s customer support team for more assistance.
The best VPNs to gain an IP address for Brazil – at a glance
We’ve compared the most important features of the top VPNs here. Prefer to read the in-depth reviews? Start with NordVPN – our #1 choice for getting a Brazilian IP.
|Website||NordVPN.com||Surfshark.com||ExpressVPN.com||Cyberghost.com||IPVanish.com||PrivateVPN.com||Ranking for Brazil||1||2||3||4||5||6||Total number of servers||5,000+||3,200||Undisclosed||9,073||2,200+||200+||Devices Supported||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Smart TVs||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Amazon Fire TV||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Smart TVs, Routers||Windows, MacOS, Linux (command line), iOS, Android, Smart TVs Routers||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, Routers||Avg Speed (Mbps)||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||39 Mbps||Popular Sites Unblocked||95%||88%||86%||85%||70%||85%|
|Best deal (per month)||$3.29|
SAVE up to 63% + 3 months FREE
Get 2 Months FREE with a 2-year plan
SAVE: 49% on the annual plan
SAVE 84% on the 2 year plan + 3 months FREE
SAVE 72% on the 2 year plan
SAVE 85% on the three year plan
Best VPNs for getting a Brazilian IP address
VPNs with Brazilian servers are a dime a dozen, but some are stronger choices than others. For instance, some prioritize security, while others value speed above all else. To make sure you end up with a versatile service that can handle anything you throw at it, we decided to only recommend VPNs that fit all of the following criteria:
- Offers access to at least one Brazilian server (preferably more)
- Works well with popular Brazilian streaming services
- Has a low impact on your connection speed
- Uses cutting-edge security tools to keep your online activities private
- Does not store any data that could be used to identify you
- Provides apps for all major operating systems and devices
This is just an overview, but you can read more about how we test the VPNs that we recommend in our methodology section below. For now, let’s take a closer look at the VPNs that made the cut.
Here’s our reviews of the best VPNs for gaining a Brazilian IP address:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our #1 pick for getting a Brazil IP address abroad. It’s known for its impressive streaming capabilities and works flawlessly with services like Netflix Brasil, Band, and Globoplay, so you’ll never be short of something to watch. Better still, this is one of the faster VPNs we’ve tested, so you shouldn’t have any problems even when live streaming (though your base speeds will play a part in this). NordVPN lets users secure up to six devices at a time.
This provider now offers its own protocol, NordLynx, which is based on WireGuard, and which is easier for security professionals to audit. On that note, NordVPN regularly has third-party auditors verify its no-logging policy. Of course, its apps also include 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leaks. Customer support staff can be reached 24/7 over email or live chat.
NordVPN has its own Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows, and Linux apps. Additionally, you can manually install this service on a wide range of routers, thereby securing an entire network.
- Wide network of global servers, including over 20 in Brazil
- Consistently performs well in our speed tests
- Excellent unblocking ability
- Top-tier security toolkit
- Zero-logs policy
- Live chat available at all times
- Desktop apps take two clicks to disconnect
BEST VPN FOR A BRAZILIAN IP ADDRESS:NordVPN is our first choice. It’s a speedy, security-first provider capable of securely accessing a huge range of Brazilian services like Globoplay and Netflix Brazil. There’s even a 30-day money-back guarantee, allowing you to try it for yourself risk-free.
Interested? Why not take a look at the full NordVPN review?
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is our top budget pick, and it outperforms many more expensive services. For instance, it recently took first place in our speed tests, averaging over 320 Mbps on a 1 Gbps connection. What’s more, Surfshark reliably works with services many other providers struggle with, such as Netflix, Globoplay, and Amazon Prime Video. Best of all, this service has no connection limit, which means it has tremendous value for families or people who regularly use a wide array of different devices.
The apps are packed with security and privacy tools too. These include a kill switch, 256-bit encryption, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks, plus a NoBorders mode designed to get around especially strict online censorship. Surfshark doesn’t keep any logs, but you can pay in Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Ripple if you’d like to sign up anonymously. If you have any issues, you can get help, day or night, over live chat.
Surfshark provides apps for Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android, and Windows. Notably, its MacOS app now fully supports Apple’s M1 chip, and as such, uses less battery while being more reliable. This VPN can be manually configured to work with select home routers too.
- A fantastic everyday VPN
- No issues with stubborn geo-blocked services abroad
- One of the strongest on security
- Keeps no logs
- Protect all your devices at once
- Some features require an additional monthly payment
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark is our top budget pick. Not only is this a quick, secure service, but it’s exceptionally well-suited to streaming Brazilian TV abroad. You can even connect all of your devices at once! Plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To find out more, read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN lets users choose from more locations than most other providers on our list, with 3,000+ servers located in Brazil and over 90 other countries. Thanks to its high speeds, reliable connections, and impressive unblocking abilities, it’s a natural choice for anyone hoping to watch Brazilian TV abroad. We had no problems streaming Globoplay, RedeTV, or Netflix from outside of Brazil. Up to five devices can be connected at any one time.
There are plenty of security features built-in, so staying safe online won’t be an issue. To begin with, the apps include 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch (called “Network Lock”), and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks. You can also enable ExpressVPN’s own protocol, Lightway, or choose to let specific apps bypass the VPN (increasing speed at the cost of leaving them unprotected). ExpressVPN refuses to log any personally identifiable data and provides 24/7 support over live chat.
ExpressVPN has iOS, MacOS, Android, Windows, and Linux apps. It’s unique in that it’s the only provider in our list that offers its own router firmware. This actually just received a significant upgrade and now provides a faster, more reliable connection than ever before.
- Servers in over 90 countries, including Brazil
- Has minimal impact on your speeds
- Great for Netflix Brazil, Globoplay, SBT, and more
- Protects you with a great set of security and privacy features
- Pay anonymously with Bitcoin
- Slightly higher price than some others
- Lack of configuration options for advanced users
VERY FAST:ExpressVPN always performs well in our speed tests, and has no problems accessing Brazil-only services from abroad. With a solid security offering, 24/7 live chat, and a 30-day money-back guarantee, this VPN is ideal for almost any task.
Check out our detailed ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost offers access to around 60 Brazilian servers and even has some specifically designed to unblock Globo, Globo SporTV, and Fox Sport. This makes it as easy as possible to start streaming, even if you’re completely new to VPNs. Speeds are generally decent, so unless you’re on a very slow connection, you shouldn’t notice any lag or buffering. A maximum of seven devices can be connected at the same time.
We really like that this service has its security tools enabled by default. There’s a kill switch (that actually can’t be turned off), leak protection, 256-bit encryption, and tracker-blocking, plus new versions even have WireGuard support. CyberGhost even lets you connect via a random port, which could help you access services that identify VPN users by their traffic patterns. This service doesn’t log any data that could identify you. If you need help, just reach out to the customer support team; they’re available 24/7 via email and live chat.
CyberGhost offers access to its own Linux, Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS apps. If you’d prefer, you can follow manual instructions to get this service running on your home router.
- Has over 60 Brazilian streaming servers
- All security features enabled by default
- Prioritizes ease of use
- Offers around-the-clock support
- Generous 45-day money-back guarantee
- Might not offer enough flexibility for advanced users
- Doesn’t work in China
EASY STREAMING:CyberGhost has specialized servers designed to access Brazil-only services like Globo SporTV. Not only that, its apps are extremely user-friendly, with a wealth of security tools and 24/7 support. This VPN comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
For more details, check out the full review of CyberGhost.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish has roughly a dozen Brazilian servers, with a further 2,000+ in 60+ other locations. These are all self-owned and were recently optimized to provide faster, more reliable speeds. If you’re interested in streaming, you’re in good hands; IPVanish works with Netflix Brasil, Disney+, and Globo, among many other services. Additionally, this is one of just a few major VPNs that lets you connect all of your devices simultaneously.
It’s no slouch as far as security is concerned, either. IPVanish apps include a wealth of tools, like 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, leak protection, and the ability to scramble your OpenVPN traffic. This could help you access services that block VPN users outright. WireGuard support is slated to arrive in the near future. Crucially, IPVanish follows a strict no-logs policy. Live chat-based customer support is available around the clock.
IPVanish has apps for Android, iOS, Windows, and MacOS. If you’d like to use this service on your Linux PC or wireless router, you’ll have to configure it manually.
- Lets you watch Brazilian TV from anywhere
- Zero-logs VPN with impressive security features
- No connection limit
- Owns its own servers
- Doesn’t offer a Linux app
- Based in the US, a 5 Eyes member
STREAM WITHOUT LIMITS:IPVanish is a fast and reliable VPN that gives you all of the tools needed to live stream Brazilian content safely. In fact, it even lets you secure all of your devices at once! The annual subscription includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our complete review of IPVanish.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has a single Brazilian server (and around 200 worldwide), but it’d be a mistake to write it off because of this. After all, this service regularly ranks well in our speed tests and has no problems with tricky streaming platforms like Netflix Brazil, Amazon Prime Video, and RedeTV outside of Brazil. Further, it allows users to protect a maximum of 10 devices simultaneously.
This is one of the most privacy-conscious providers around. In fact, the company recently became its own server host and ISP, which means it’s the only one with access to your internet traffic. Additionally, its apps offer 256-bit encryption (with the option to use 128-bit), protection against WebRTC, DNS, and IPv6 leaks, and a customizable kill switch. PrivateVPN doesn’t store any logs, so there’s no need to worry about having your activities traced back to you.
PrivateVPN offers Linux, MacOS, Windows, iOS, and Android apps. What’s more, it can be manually installed on a broad range of network routers.
- Among the fastest VPNs we’ve tested
- Known for its above-average unblocking capabilities
- Excellent security and privacy credentials
- Only has one server in Brazil
- Support isn’t available 24/7
SPEEDY AND SECURE: Not only is it one of the fastest, most privacy-aware services around, but it excels at bypassing regional blocking. As such, it’s ideal for streaming TV from Brazil while abroad. This VPN Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Take a look at our comprehensive PrivateVPN review.
7. Hotspot Shield
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
Editor’s Note: Hotspot Shield is owned by Pango, Comparitech’s parent company.
Hotspot Shield is one of the easiest services to get to grips with. Its apps are neat and well-organized, plus it’s capable of securely accessing platforms like Netflix, Globoplay, and Rede Bandeirantes from anywhere in the world. Not only that, but we’ve seen it deliver speeds fast enough for flawless live streaming of Brazilian TV. Up to five simultaneous connections are permitted per account.
This provider has its own protocol, Catapult Hydra, which is audited by security professionals. The latest version of the apps also includes IKEv2 support, 256-bit encryption, leak protection, and a kill switch. Additionally, there’s a feature that can connect to the VPN automatically any time you use an unsecured wireless network. Hotspot Shield doesn’t store any identifiable data beyond the duration of your session. If you’re having any issues, feel free to get in touch with the support team; staff are on-hand 24/7 over email and live chat.
Hotspot Shield has its own MacOS, iOS, Windows, Android, and Linux apps. It can also be manually configured for use with select home routers.
- Steady speeds and unlimited bandwidth
- Takes user security seriously
- Customer support available around the clock
- Had past privacy issues
- Doesn’t accept Bitcoin
GREAT ALL-ROUNDER:Hotspot Shield is comfortable streaming Brazilian TV as well as bypassing censorship or helping you torrent anonymously. With speedy servers, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and strong security features, there really isn’t much that it can’t do.
Read the full Hotspot Shield review.
Methodology: How we found the best VPNs for a Brazil IP address
Finding the best VPN for getting a Brazil IP address is more difficult than it first appears. Not only do you have to find a provider with reliable servers in the country, but you have to make sure that you’ll actually be able to access your favorite services and stay safe while doing so. To find the best VPNs for the job, we only recommended those that excelled in each of the areas discussed below:
- Brazilian servers: Without these, it’s not possible to get a Brazilian IP address. Generally, the more that are available, the more reliable your connection.
- Speeds: Any VPN will reduce your speeds, but some have more of an impact than others. We prioritize services that perform well in our regular VPN speed testing.
- Unblocking ability: We test VPNs against a wide range of streaming services, from Brazil-only platforms like Globoplay to international favorites like Netflix, Disney+, and Fox Sports. The more services a VPN works with, the better.
- Security and privacy: At a bare minimum, we require VPNs to have 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, a no-logs policy, and protection against IPv6 and DNS leaks. However, we prefer providers that go even further (for instance, by including a stealth mode).
- Ease of use: The services we recommend must be simple enough for anyone to use. We also consider whether live chat-based customer support and multi-platform apps are available.
- Value: We’ll never recommend a VPN that isn’t priced fairly for the features it offers. If a long-term discount or free trial period is available, all the better.
It might surprise you to learn that this is only a small part of our overall testing. If you’re interested in learning more, check out our guide to Comparitech’s VPN test methodology.
Using a VPN to gain a Brazilian IP address: FAQs
Can I get a Brazilian IP address with a free VPN?
You might be tempted to try getting a Brazilian IP address with a free VPN, but we’d advise against it. First of all, most of these providers don’t even offer Brazilian servers, making this a fruitless effort. Even if you do get connected, though, you’ll usually find that there’s a low monthly bandwidth cap. This means you’ll only be able to use the VPN for a short time, assuming your chosen server isn’t already blacklisted by the service you’re trying to access.
The concerns above are practical, but there are security issues to consider too. Did you know that a huge number of free VPNs leak personal information such as your real IP address, login credentials, or approximate location? This renders them effectively useless from a privacy standpoint. We strongly recommend taking a provider’s reputation, security toolkit, and logging policy into account rather than just using whatever service you can get for free.
Is it legal to use a VPN?
In most parts of the world, there are no laws specifically restricting the use of VPNs. There are a few notable exceptions, though; China, Russia, Iran, and Oman only let you use VPNs approved by the government, while the services are banned outright in Iraq. As ever, if you’re in any doubt, we strongly recommend you read up on local laws before attempting to use a VPN.
Will a VPN let me watch Brazilian TV abroad?
Yes -- VPNs with Brazilian servers can help you watch Brazilian TV online. These include Globoplay, Rede Bandeirantes, SBT, and TV Brasil. You may even be able to access the Brazilian Netflix library while traveling in other countries. Here are a few of the shows you’ll be able to stream on these channels while connected to a VPN:
- Alô Alô Brasil
- Brasil Visto de Cima
- Ilha de Ferro
- Sob Pressão
- O Peso da Verdade
- TV Fama
- Agora com Lacombe
Should I use a VPN if I live in Brazil?
There are a number of reasons why you might want to consider using a VPN if you live in Brazil. First, VPNs can help to protect your online privacy and security. Brazilian internet users have been subject to increasing levels of surveillance and online censorship in recent years, and a VPN can help to safeguard your data and information from prying eyes.
Second, a VPN can be used to bypass internet restrictions and blocks. If you live in an area where the government censors the internet or restricts access to certain websites, a VPN can give you the ability to bypass these controls and Access blocked content.
Third, VPNs can be used to improve your internet speed and latency. If your ISP is throttling your bandwidth or connection, a VPN may help overcome this.
Why might I need a Brazilian IP address?
Some of your favorite websites and services might not normally be available outside of Brazil. For instance, your online banking could prevent foreign login attempts for security reasons, or your preferred streaming service might only have the rights to show content in Brazil itself.
When you connect to a VPN, all of your traffic is passed through a server somewhere else in the world. As such, getting a Brazilian IP address is as simple as choosing a server in Brazil.