Trying to access Netflix Brazil while traveling abroad? You may have already found that Netflix will show the content library of the country you’re visiting when you travel, no matter where you signed up from. Fortunately, you can securely access your home Netflix library with the help of a VPN. We will reveal exactly how to watch all your favorite Brazilian movies and shows on Netflix (or any other Brazilian streaming service), no matter where you are in the world.
We get into a lot more detail about the best VPNs further down, but if you haven’t got time to read the whole post, here are our top picks.
Best VPNs for Netflix Brasil:
- NordVPN: Our top choice. Great all-rounder with speedy Brazilian servers. Works with Netflix and most other popular streaming content from Brazil. Solid privacy and security features. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: A privacy-conscious VPN that works with a growing range of services including Netflix. Decent speeds. Allows an unlimited number of connections.
- ExpressVPN: Solid VPN with strong security, decent speeds, and great everyday potential.
- PrivateVPN; Securely access Brazilian Netflix and other popular streaming content with decent speeds and unlimited bandwidth.
- CyberGhost: Easy-to-use VPN that works great with Netflix and offers a 45-day money-back guarantee.
To watch Netflix Brasil, you need a Brazilian IP address. An IP address is a unique string of numbers and decimals used to identify your device and its approximate location. If you’re not in Brazil, the best way to get a Brazilian IP address is to use a VPN.
Short for Virtual Private Network, a VPN encrypts all of your device’s internet traffic and routes it through an intermediary server in a location of your choosing. This effectively replaces your normal IP address with one used by the VPN server. In this case, you need to connect to a VPN server in Brazil.
Be warned, however, that Netflix now blocks most connections from VPN servers, resulting in an error. If you try to watch Netflix Brazil through a blacklisted VPN server, you’ll get the following error message:
Desculpe, tivemos um problema… Erro de transmissão. Parece que você está usando um proxy ou desbloqueador. Desative esses recursos e tente acessar novamente.
Or, in English:
“Whoops, something went wrong… Streaming error. You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
How to watch Netflix Brazil with a VPN
Below we’ll explain the best VPNs for Netflix Brazil in more detail, but if you’ve already chosen your VPN you can follow our quick set-up guide below. Even if you’ve never used a VPN, getting started couldn’t be simpler.
Here’s how to watch Netflix Brazil from anywhere with a VPN:
- Download, install and log into a VPN from our list below. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in Brazil to get a Brazilian IP address.
- Go to the Netflix website. You should be automatically redirected to the Brazilian version of the site.
- Log in to Netflix if you haven’t already and select your content.
- That’s it! You can now stream all your favorite Brazilian content. VPN not working straight away? Trying clearing your cache and cookies and reloading the page.
Best VPNs for Brazilian Netflix
Only a couple of VPNs work reliably with Netflix. We’ve done the heavy lifting for you and curated a list of the best VPNs for Brazilian Netflix based on the following criteria:
- Operates servers in Brazil that provide secure access to Netflix
- Fast and stable speed for HD streaming without interruption
- Quick and competent customer support
- Supports multiple types of devices
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our top pick for securely accessing Netflix Brazil. The company operates more than 5,500 servers across the globe. Speeds are solid, so you should have no problem streaming high-quality video. NordVPN also works with many other Brazilian services including Globo, Record, and Rede TV.
The company holds to a true zero logs policy, which has been put to the test in the past when authorities have raided its servers and served it court orders to access information. All connections by default use military-grade encryption to secure the OpenVPN tunnel. A single subscription allows you to connect up to six simultaneous devices.
Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, Fire TV, and Android.
- Operates more than two dozen servers in Brazil that work well with Netflix
- Exceptional speeds for streaming
- Excellent security and encryption standards
- Can connect 6 devices at once with the basic package
- There’s a bit of a learning curve with the desktop app.
BEST VPN FOR BRAZILIAN NETFLIX:NordVPN is our first choice. Operates a vast network of servers around the globe. Works reliably with Brazilian Netflix and boasts impressive speeds. Top marks for security and privacy. Try it risk-free with the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is a low-cost VPN that’s fast becoming a favorite for people who like to stream. Its blazing fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth allow for lag-free viewing, plus it has no issues with Netflix whatsoever. With more than 3,200 servers in 60+ countries, users can securely access a huge range of content. Best of all, this VPN has no connection limits.
Clearly, this service takes your security seriously. It offers 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, malware-scanning, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks. Equally important, Surfshark refuses to log any personally identifiable info.
Apps are available for Android, iOS, MacOS, Linux, and Windows. Manual installation is required for supported routers.
- More than fast enough for 4K streaming
- Works with Netflix Brasil and similar services abroad
- Strong on security
- Keeps no logs
- Still has the occasional slow server
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark is a great choice for streaming. It offers high speeds, impressive privacy credentials, and the freedom to watch on whichever device you like best. There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee and a huge range of security features.
Read our full review of Surfshark here.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN cam secirely access Netflix catalogs from several different countries, Brazil among them. This premium provider offers excellent speeds so you can stream in HD and even 4K. The apps are simple and any server in Brazil should do, but if you have any trouble, live chat support is available around the clock.
ExpressVPN doesn’t store any identifying logs about its users and uses the strongest security measures available to ensure your internet activity remains private. That includes leak protection, 256-bit AES encryption, perfect forward secrecy, and a kill switch.
You can connect up to five devices at once on a single plan. Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Fire TV, and certain wifi routers.
- Securely access Netflix Brazil and many other streaming services
- Fast speeds for high-quality video
- 24/7 live chat support
- Strong security
- Slightly more expensive than some other options
WATCH ON ANY DEVICE:ExpressVPN reliably works with Netflix Brazil and offers a large server network, fast speeds, and strong security. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN is much newer to the scene than NordVPN, but it’s keeping pace when it comes to providing secure access to Netflix. Speeds are excellent, ensuring an uninterrupted high definition video stream. The server selection is relatively limited–currently only a fraction of some of the bigger providers–but PrivateVPN shows that its quality, not quantity, that counts most.
It’s not a one-trick pony either. The company hasn’t slacked off when it comes to security and features. You’ll get 256-bit AES encryption and a no logs policy, plus a kill switch and DNS leak protection. One plan nets you up to five simultaneous connections.
Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android.
- Very fast — ideal for streaming
- Apps have secure, encrypted connections
- Keeps no logs whatsoever
- Impressive security offering
- Fewer servers to choose from than other providers
GREAT VALUE:PrivateVPN is a good value option. Works well with Brazilian Netflix and other streaming services. Allows up to 6 devices on the same account. Small servers count. 30-day money back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost makes it easy to watch Netflix in Brazil. You can choose a server according to the specific streaming service you want to securely access. It will even load the streaming service’s web page for you after connecting to the VPN. CyberGhost offers plenty of speed for up to 4K UHD streaming, as well as servers in more than 60 countries.
CyberGhost keeps no identifiable logs of your online activity. All of your data is secured with 256-bit AES encryption and robust leak protection. Live chat support is available to help if you hit a snag.
You can connect up to seven devices at a time. CyberGhost apps are available for Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, and Fire TV.
- Easy to use
- Great for Netflix
- 7 simultaneous connections
- Strong security
- Doesn’t work in China or the UAE
- No router apps
NO FUSS STREAMING:CyberGhost makes intuitive apps that help you start securely streaming Netflix in minutes. It comes with a generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Can I use a free VPN to watch Netflix Brazil?
It’s highly unlikely that you will find a free one that reliably works with Netflix. Free VPN services simply don’t have the resources to combat Netflix’s proxy ban, which periodically blacklists the IP addresses of known VPN servers.
We generally recommend against using free VPN services. They have very limited server selections, cap your data allowance, restrict maximum bandwidth and are often not secure.
Furthermore, free VPNs are known for nefarious anti-privacy practices like logging, injecting tracking cookies into users’ browsers, and inserting ads into web pages. Too frequently, free VPN apps are used to dump malware on unsuspecting users’ devices.
VPNs that don’t work with Brazilian Netflix
Here is a list of VPNs that don’t work with Brazilian Netflix, either by our own admission or according to our tests. Note that the vast majority of VPNs can’t securely access Netflix at all. These are just a sample of the names you might come across in your search.:
- Hotspot Shield
- Private Internet Access (PIA)
Netflix still not working? Try this…
If you’re using one of the VPNs that we recommended above but still get the proxy error, try each of the following steps to ensure that you aren’t leaking your location:
- Google caches IP addresses, which can reveal your actual location. Log out of all your Google accounts on the device, including Chrome if you use it.
- Disable all location services in your browser and on your device (GPS, etc). If you’ve given Netflix permission to see your location in the past, you’ll need to toggle this off in your browser settings.
- Clear your browser’s cookies, cache, and temp files. Learn how to clear your cache here, and how to clear your cookies here.
- Disable IPv6 on your device. On Windows, you can turn this off in your Wifi Properties. You may need to restart your device afterward.
- Flush your DNS cache. In Windows, you can do this by running Command Prompt and typing
- Change your device’s time zone to the provider’s service area and adjust the time to local time. Brazil has three time zones: UTC-2, UTC-3, and UTC-4.
- If you are connected to a wifi network and have access to the router, rename the name of the wifi network (SSID). Append “”nomap”” at the end (without quotes). For example, “comparitechnomap”. This will opt your network out of Google’s geolocation services. You will need to reconnect your device to the new network in order to regain internet access.
- Disconnect and reconnect to the selected server location to obtain a new IP address.
Netflix Brazil FAQ
Can I watch American Netflix in Brazil?
If you're an American traveling in Brazil, don't panic -- most of the VPNs that work with the Brazilian version of Netflix also work with the American version. Just connect to a VPN server in the USA and launch Netflix as usual.
How much does Netflix cost in Brazil?
Here’s the price of Netflix in Brazil as of time of writing:
- Basic: BRL 21.90 ($US3.99)
- Standard: BRL $32.90 (US$5.99)
- Premium: BRL 45.90 (US$8.36)
If you’re going purely off of price-per-title, Brazil is one of the most cost-effective places to buy Netflix. Even though Brazil has a smaller-than-average library size, its low cost across all three plans means its cost per title makes it the most affordable country for basic and standard Netflix plans and joint second for premium ones.
Is the Netflix Brazil catalog different to the US?
Netflix Brazil has a smaller library of titles than most other countries, and less than half of what US subscribers get. According to Finder, brazil has 562 TV shows and 1,672 movies compared to 1,157 TV shows and 4,593 movies in the USA.
That being said, Netflix Brazil has a few titles not available in the USA, plus you can watch with Portuguese subtitles.