Trying to access Netflix Brazil while traveling abroad? You’ve probably already noticed that Netflix only allows access to the library of the country you’re visiting when you travel, no matter where you signed up from. This can be frustrating if you want to keep up with your favorite shows while on vacation Fortunately, there’s an easy way to access Netflix Brazil from anywhere, you just need a VPN.
In this article, we’ll list the best VPNs for the job, talk you through how to use them, and answer some common VPN questions. We’ll go into a lot more detail about the best VPNs further down, but in case you haven’t got time to read the whole post, here’s a quick summary.
The best VPNs for Netflix Brazil:
- NordVPN: Our top choice. Great all-rounder with 20+ speedy Brazilian servers. Works with Netflix and most other popular streaming content from Brazil. Solid privacy and security features. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
TIP In our testing we found that the cheapest NordVPN plan (Standard) works perfectly for Netflix Brazil.
- Surfshark: A budget-friendly, privacy-conscious VPN that works with a growing range of services including Netflix Brazil. Great speeds and reliable connections.
- ExpressVPN: Solid VPN with strong security, decent speeds, great everyday potential, and 24/7 live customer support
- CyberGhost: Easy-to-use VPN that works great with Netflix and many other streaming platforms. Fantastic speeds and over 60 servers in Brazil.
- PrivateVPN: Securely access Brazilian Netflix and other popular streaming content with decent speeds, unlimited bandwidth, and a 10-device connection limit.
- Private Internet Access: Good speeds for watching Netflix Brazil. Servers in over 90 countries. No connection limit and uses military-grade encryption.
- Atlas VPN: Powerful unblocker of streaming platforms, Brazilian Netflix included. Very fast with an unlimited simultaneous connection allowance.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Netflix Brazil with no restrictions for a full month. This is ideal if you’re looking to keep streaming your favorite shows while traveling abroad.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
How to watch Netflix Brazil with a VPN
Below we’ll explain the best VPNs for Netflix Brazil in more detail, but if you’ve already chosen your VPN you can follow our quick set-up guide below. Even if you’ve never used a VPN, getting started couldn’t be simpler.
Here’s how to watch Netflix Brazil from anywhere with a VPN:
- Download, install, and log into a VPN from our list below. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in Brazil to get a Brazilian IP address.
- Go to the Netflix website. You should be automatically redirected to the Brazilian version of the site.
- Log in to Netflix if you haven’t already and select your content.
- That’s it! You can now stream all your favorite Brazilian content.
- VPN not working straight away? Trying clearing your cache and cookies and reloading the page.
The best VPNs for Brazilian Netflix – At a glance
We’ve compared the most important features of the top VPNs here. Prefer to read the in-depth reviews? Start with NordVPN – our #1 choice for Brazilian Netflix.
|Website||NordVPN.com||Surfshark.com||ExpressVPN.com||Cyberghost.com||PrivateVPN.com||Ranking for Netflix Brazil||1||2||3||4||5||Total number of servers||5,700+||3,200||7000+||7000+||200+||Avg Speed (Mbps)||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||39 Mbps||Simultaneous Connections||6||Unlimited||5||7||10||Popular Sites Unblocked||95%||88%||86%||85%||85%|
|Best deal (per month)||$2.99|
SAVE up to 69% + 3 months FREE
Save 86% + Get 3 Months FREE
SAVE: 49% + 3 months free
SAVE 84% on the 2 year plan + 4 months free
SAVE 90% on the three year plan
Best VPNs for Brazilian Netflix
Thanks to Netflix’s strict VPN blocking policies, only a couple of VPNs work reliably with the streaming platform. it can be a tricky and time-consuming process to hunt them down yourself. So we’ve done the heavy lifting for you and curated a list of the best VPNs for Brazilian Netflix based on the following criteria:
- Operates servers in Brazil that provide a Brazilian IP address
- Offers consistent, reliable access to Netflix
- Fast and stable speed for HD streaming without interruption
- Quick and competent customer support
- Supports multiple types of devices
This is just an overview, but you can read more about how we test and rank the VPNs we recommend in our methodology section below. For now, let’s take a look at the ones that made the cut.
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for Brazilian Netflix:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our top pick for securely accessing Netflix Brazil. The company operates more than 5,500 servers across the globe and has more than 20 in Brazil. Speeds are solid, so you should have no problem streaming high-quality video. NordVPN also works with many other Brazilian services including Globo, Record, and Rede TV, and other popular streaming platforms such as Amazon, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer.
The company holds to a true zero logs policy, which has been put to the test in the past when authorities have raided its servers and served it court orders to access information. All connections by default use military-grade encryption to secure the OpenVPN tunnel. A single subscription allows you to connect up to six simultaneous devices.
Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, Fire TV, and Android.
- Operates a reliable network of over 5,500 servers and 20 + in Brazil
- Consistently accesses Netflix and other popular platforms
- Exceptional speeds for streaming
- Excellent security and encryption standards
- Can connect 6 devices at once with the basic package
30-day money-back guarantee
- There’s a bit of a learning curve with the desktop app.
BEST VPN FOR BRAZILIAN NETFLIX:NordVPN is our first choice. Operates a vast network of servers around the globe. Works reliably with Brazilian Netflix and boasts impressive speeds. Top marks for security and privacy. Try it risk-free with the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is a low-cost VPN that doesn’t compromise on service or security. It is fast becoming a favorite for people who like to stream. Its blazing fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth allow for lag-free viewing, plus it has no issues with Netflix whatsoever. With more than 3,200 servers in 100+ countries, including Brazil, users can securely access a huge range of content. Best of all, this VPN has no connection limits.
Clearly, this service takes your security seriously as it offers 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, malware scanning, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks. Equally important, Surfshark refuses to log any personally identifiable info.
Apps are available for Android, iOS, MacOS, Linux, and Windows. Manual installation is required for supported routers.
- More than fast enough for 4K streaming
- Works with Netflix Brazil and similar services abroad
- Strong on security
- Keeps no logs
- Allows unlimited simultaneous connections
- Still has the occasional slow server
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark is a great choice for streaming. It offers high speeds, impressive privacy credentials, and the freedom to watch on whichever device you like best. There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee and a huge range of security features.
Read our full review of Surfshark here.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN can securely access Netflix catalogs from several different countries, Brazil among them. This premium provider offers excellent speeds, so you can stream in HD and even 4K. The apps are simple, and any server in Brazil should do, but if you have any trouble, live chat support is available around the clock.
ExpressVPN doesn’t store any identifying logs about its users and uses the strongest security measures available to ensure your internet activity remains private. That includes leak protection, 256-bit AES encryption, perfect forward secrecy, and a kill switch.
You can connect up to five devices at once on a single plan. Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Fire TV, and certain wifi routers.
- Wide global network of 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- Securely access Netflix Brazil and many other streaming services
- Fast speeds for high-quality video
- 24/7 live chat support
- Strong security and privacy features
- Slightly more expensive than some other options
- Streaming servers aren’t labeled
WATCH ON ANY DEVICE:ExpressVPN reliably works with Netflix Brazil and offers a large server network, fast speeds, and strong security. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost makes it super easy to watch Netflix in Brazil. You can choose from their vast network of over 9,000 global servers, 60+ of which are in Brazil. Then, select a server according to the specific streaming service you want to securely access. It will even load the streaming service’s web page for you after connecting to the VPN. CyberGhost offers plenty of speed for up to 4K UHD streaming, as well as servers in more than 90 countries.
CyberGhost keeps no identifiable logs of your online activity. All of your data is secured with 256-bit AES encryption and robust leak protection. Live chat support is available to help if you hit a snag.
You can connect up to seven devices at a time. CyberGhost apps are available for Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, and Fire TV.
- Huge server network with 60+ in Brazil
- Easy to use, great for beginners
- Reliably accesses Netflix
- Allows 7 simultaneous connections
- Strong security features
- Doesn’t work in China or the UAE
- May be too simplistic for experienced users
NO FUSS STREAMING:CyberGhost makes intuitive apps that help you start securely streaming Netflix in minutes. Huge server network with over 60 in Brazil. It comes with a generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN is much newer to the scene than NordVPN, but it’s keeping pace when it comes to providing secure access to Netflix. Speeds are excellent, ensuring an uninterrupted high-definition video stream. The server selection is relatively limited–currently, only around 200, a fraction of some of the bigger providers. But Brazil is one of its 60 locations, and PrivateVPN shows that its quality, not quantity, that counts most.
It’s not a one-trick pony, either. The company hasn’t slacked off when it comes to security and features. You’ll get 256-bit AES encryption and a no-logs policy, plus a kill switch and DNS leak protection. One plan nets you up to 10 simultaneous connections.
Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android.
- Very fast — ideal for streaming
- Apps have secure, encrypted connections
- Keeps no logs whatsoever
- Impressive security offering
- Fewer servers to choose from than other providers
- Doesn’t have 24/7 customer support
GREAT VALUE:PrivateVPN is a good value option. Works well with Brazilian Netflix and other streaming services. Allows up to 10 devices on the same account. Small servers count. 30-day money back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Private Internet Access stands out for offering servers in an impressive 90+ countries, Brazil included. Not only can you use this VPN to watch Netflix Brazil, it also works with the US and UK libraries. When you do stream content, you can expect this to be uninterrupted thanks to its fast connections (we averaged 117 Mbps in our latest tests) and unlimited bandwidth.
Another benefit of using Private Internet Access is that there’s no limit to the number of devices you can connect simultaneously. The service includes 24/7 live chat and email support too. Security-wise, PIA doesn’t cut corners, as evidenced by its use of 256-bit AES encryption and DNS leak protection. Other security features offered by this no-logs VPN provider include a kill switch and antivirus (the latter of which is an optional add-on).
PIA has apps for the following operating systems: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux. You can also find an Amazon Fire TV app as well as Chrome and Firefox browser extensions. Connections with compatible routers must be manually configured.
- Provides servers in 90+ countries including Brazil
- Works well with multiple Netflix libraries, Netflix Brazil included
- Connect as many devices as you like at the same time
- Lots of security features ensure your data is safe from hackers
- Not the best option for use in China
- App design feels somewhat cluttered
EXPANSIVE NETWORK:Private Internet Access has a generous network of servers that covers more than 90 countries. You can use it to stream Netflix Brazil as well as Netflix US. Unlimited simultaneous connections. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Private Internet Access review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Atlas VPN has become one of the stronger unblocking VPNs available, making light work of Netflix libraries such as Brazil and the US. Indeed, this VPN also works well with streaming platforms including HBO Max and Hulu. Atlas VPN uses the WireGuard protocol and offers unlimited bandwidth. The result is one of the fastest VPNs you can use today, making it perfectly suitable for streaming, even in 4K.
When connected to an Atlas VPN server, your data is routed through an encrypted tunnel, securing it from threats. You can also expect protection from DNS leaks, a kill switch, MultiHop servers, and even a malware blocker. Atlas VPN doesn’t keep any logs by which you can be identified either. This VPN service provides 24-hour support and you can use it to secure all of your devices at once.
To use Atlas VPN, download and install a VPN app for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, or Amazon Fire TV. Atlas VPN states that it doesn’t provide any support for routers however.
- Very good speeds for streaming Netflix Brazil
- Strong unblocking so you can use it with many streaming services
- No limit to the number of devices you can secure simultaneously
- Highly secure with the option of connecting to MultiHop servers
- Doesn’t offer any browser extensions
- No support for routers as yet
COMPREHENSIVE SECURITY:Atlas VPN is highly compatible with Netflix Brazil as well as other Netflix libraries. Very fast server speeds and a high level of security with MultiHop servers and an ad and malware blocker. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Atlas VPN review.
Netflix still not working with your VPN?
If you’re using one of the VPNs that we recommended above but still getting the proxy error, try each of the following steps to ensure that you aren’t leaking your location:
- Google caches IP addresses, which can reveal your actual location. Log out of all your Google accounts on the device, including Chrome, if you use it.
- Disable all location services in your browser and on your device (GPS, etc.). If you’ve given Netflix permission to see your location in the past, you’ll need to toggle this off in your browser settings.
- Clear your browser’s cookies, cache, and temp files. Learn how to clear your browsing history here.
- Disable IPv6 on your device. On Windows, you can turn this off in your Wifi Properties. You may need to restart your device afterward.
- Flush your DNS cache. In Windows, you can do this by running Command Prompt and typing
- Change your device’s time zone to the provider’s service area and adjust the time to local time. Brazil has three time zones: UTC-2, UTC-3, and UTC-4.
- If you are connected to a wifi network and have access to the router, rename the name of the wifi network (SSID). Append “”nomap”” at the end (without quotes). For example, “comparitechnomap”. This will opt your network out of Google’s geolocation services. You will need to reconnect your device to the new network in order to regain internet access.
- Disconnect and reconnect to the selected server location to obtain a new IP address. Some servers might have been blocked by Netflix, so try different ones until you find one that works. If you’re struggling, try contacting your VPN’s Customer support team for help finding one that works.
Can I use a free VPN to access Netflix Brazil?
It’s highly unlikely that you will find a free VPN that reliably works with Netflix. Free VPN services simply don’t have the resources to combat Netflix’s proxy ban, which periodically blacklists the IP addresses of known VPN servers.
We also generally recommend against using free VPN services. They have very limited server selections, cap your data allowance, restrict maximum bandwidth, and are often not secure.
Furthermore, free VPNs are known for nefarious anti-privacy practices like logging, injecting tracking cookies into users’ browsers, and inserting ads into web pages. Too frequently, free VPN apps are used to dump malware on unsuspecting users’ devices.
Methodology: How we found the best VPNs for Netflix Brazil
There are plenty of VPNs out there, and seemingly more every day. However, Netflix blocks many of these outright, which is something providers often fail to mention. Needless to say, this can make choosing a VPN pretty tricky. Here are the most important areas we considered when looking for the best VPNs for Netflix Brazil:
- Servers in Brazil: Netflix shows different content based on the country your IP address points to. This means that you’ll need Brazilian servers to even have a shot at watching Netflix Brasil abroad. The more there are, the better.
- Performance: Streaming 4K video requires you to have speeds of around 25 Mbps. This isn’t particularly fast, but surprisingly few VPNs can provide this consistently. Comparitech regularly runs VPN speed tests, though, so we can say with confidence that all of the services above are fast enough.
- Streaming potential: We don’t just make sure our top VPNs work with Netflix Brazil. To ensure we only choose the most versatile, we check to see if they support other libraries (like Netflix Italy and France), as well as whether they can provide secure access to platforms like fuboTV, Disney Plus, and Amazon Prime Video as well.
- Security: Your online activities should be hidden at all times, which is why we require our recommendations to offer strong security features. These must include 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and leak protection, as well as a no-logging policy.
- Usability: Anything that makes the VPN easier to use is a huge benefit. This could be 24/7 support via live chat, a total lack of connection limits, or even Netflix-optimized servers. We do require providers to support all of the most popular devices, though.
Looking to find out more about the types of testing we perform? We’ve actually written an entire post that explains exactly how Comparitech tests VPNs.
Netflix Brazil FAQ
Can I use any VPN to access Netflix Brazil from abroad?
No, sadly not. To watch Netflix Brasil, you need a Brazilian IP address. An IP address is a unique string of numbers and decimals used to identify your device and its approximate location. If you’re not in Brazil, the best way to get a Brazilian IP address is to use a VPN.
A VPN encrypts all of your device’s internet traffic and routes it through an intermediary server in a location of your choosing. This effectively replaces your normal IP address with one used by the VPN server. But in order for this to work, your VPN needs to have servers in Brazil, which not all of them do.
Also, Netflix works hard to detect and block connections from VPN servers. Not all VPN providers are capable of continually bypassing these ever-changing detection methods. This is why there are only a handful of VPN providers on our list. They are the ones that have proven time and again to work with Netflix Brazil.
Below is a sample of the providers you might come across in your search that don’t work with Netflix Brazil:
- Hotspot Shield
- Private Internet Access (PIA)
Can I watch American Netflix in Brazil?
If you’re an American traveling in Brazil, don’t panic — most of the VPNs that work with the Brazilian version of Netflix also work with the American version allowing you to watch Netflix US in Brazil. Just connect to a VPN server in the USA and launch Netflix as usual.
How much does Netflix cost in Brazil?
Here’s the price of Netflix in Brazil as of time of writing:
- Basic: BRL 25.90 ($US4.68)
- Standard: BRL $39.90 (US$7.21)
- Premium: BRL 55.90 (US$10.10)
If you’re going purely off of price-per-title, Brazil is one of the most cost-effective places to buy Netflix. Even though Brazil has a smaller-than-average library size, its low cost across all three plans means its cost per title makes it the most affordable country for basic and standard Netflix plans and joint second for premium ones.
Is the Netflix Brazil catalog different to the US?
Netflix Brazil has a smaller library of titles than most other countries and less than half of what US subscribers get. According to Finder, brazil has 562 TV shows and 1,672 movies compared to 1,157 TV shows and 4,593 movies in the USA.
That being said, Netflix Brazil has a few titles not available in the USA, plus you can watch with Portuguese subtitles.
Will a VPN be fast enough to stream HD content on Netflix Brazil?
Not every VPN will be fast enough to stream HD content on Netflix Brazil. However, we’ve found fast VPNs that offer unlimited bandwidth. This means you can stream in high definition (even 4K) without having to contend with excessive lag and buffering. Remember that the closer the server is to your actual location, the faster the connection is likely to be.
Do I need to setup a new Netflix account in each country I travel to?
There’s no need to set up a new Netflix account in each country you travel to. With a VPN, you can change your IP address and make it look as if you’re located in another country. For example, if you travel outside the US, connecting to a server in the US and getting a US IP address allows you to access this version of Netflix as normal. Once connected to the VPN, simply sign in to your Netflix account as normal, and you can continue streaming.